00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bitommy762 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Group Activities

275,183 Views | 3,130 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Group Activities 2013-12-19 00:38:01

Oshit sorry meant to post it in lounge

Response to Art Group Activities 2013-12-21 16:08:15

Response to Art Group Activities 2014-01-01 16:41:32

As you guys were arguing/talking about, I was thinking of making one of those weekly challenge threads a la cghub/etc.

I dont really care if it dies after a few challenges. What do ya'll think? The forum could stand to do with some more art, surely and ill do it if there's even the smallest spark of interest.

Art Group Activities

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to Art Group Activities 2014-01-01 16:50:18

At 1/1/14 04:41 PM, Template88 wrote: As you guys were arguing/talking about, I was thinking of making one of those weekly challenge threads a la cghub/etc.

I dont really care if it dies after a few challenges. What do ya'll think? The forum could stand to do with some more art, surely and ill do it if there's even the smallest spark of interest.

Go ahead.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Group Activities 2014-01-01 16:56:11

At 1/1/14 04:41 PM, Template88 wrote: As you guys were arguing/talking about, I was thinking of making one of those weekly challenge threads a la cghub/etc.

I'd be interested in that. It's been a while since there has been a COW/CHOW tread. Maybe it could be a sort of sketch challenge tread. This way you could get higher participation since a sketch doesn't take to much time for most people to participate. Time and deadlines really are the only reason I'd skip out on a challenge tread.

Response to Art Group Activities 2014-01-01 17:22:20

I wouldnt be worried about the actual challenges themselves being too hard or structured. I have quite alot of experience with projects for masses of unmotivated drawpeople....

Well alright then, I'll put something up on sunday/monday morning and we can begin.

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to Art Group Activities 2014-01-01 19:07:38

At 1/1/14 05:22 PM, Template88 wrote: I wouldnt be worried about the actual challenges themselves being too hard or structured. I have quite alot of experience with projects for masses of unmotivated drawpeople....

Well alright then, I'll put something up on sunday/monday morning and we can begin.

Love it, I'm in dire need of a project to work on, ironic as it is, vacations make me ridiculously unmotivated to work on anything.

Response to Art Group Activities 2014-01-01 20:37:42

I'd love to see the evolution thread make a come back! maybe even make it with changing envirments so the subjects actually have a reason to evolve...

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Art Group Activities 2014-01-02 02:45:30

At 8/25/13 02:19 PM, Nae wrote: It's mustache day in tinychat!
mustache not required to join!

ahh good times :3
Hope 2014's good for anyone.
Anyone have a new art goal they want to do this year?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Group Activities 2014-01-02 02:49:20

At 1/2/14 02:45 AM, JamSession wrote:
At 8/25/13 02:19 PM, Nae wrote: It's mustache day in tinychat!
mustache not required to join!
ahh good times :3
Hope 2014's good for anyone.
Anyone have a new art goal they want to do this year?

WRONG THREAD.
But I'll be on tinychat later on today, hope for you all to join me for some board games :D!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Group Activities 2014-01-02 08:20:57

I mocked up some rules for a evolutionthread v2.
Thoughts?

Evolution project v2
Past evolution project: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1209560/1

The basic idea is to take a creature and evolve it, it still has to reassemble the past creature for atleast 50%

Darwins evolution theory suggests Animals evolve into different species through natural selection. Animals that adapt to their predators, prey, environment, or find a better way to get food, have a bigger change of survival. Take this into account when designing a creature, so think function over form.

Take any past creature to evolve from, best take a recent one since the dated one are most likely to be extinguished.

Environments will change overtime, environment changes can be applied by the mods or anyone appointed by me or the mods. This will happen when too much of the same idea's come into play. note that you wont have to be too limited by an environments since there could also be things like hot springs, and mountain tops with everlasting snow.

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Art Group Activities 2014-01-02 10:39:40

At 1/2/14 08:20 AM, Flowers10 wrote: I mocked up some rules for a evolutionthread v2.
Thoughts?

yes

Evolution project v2

looks okay so far.

The basic idea is to take a creature and evolve it, it still has to reassemble the past creature for atleast 50%

I'd say 75% would be better.

Darwins evolution theory suggests Animals evolve into different species through natural selection. Animals that adapt to their predators, prey,....

Maybe it'd be cool to have two lines like in the last one, but have them be predator and prey; that way each step in one of the creatures is incentive for the other one to evolve. I.e. When the prey-animal evolves so that it can move onto land to escape the predator, the predator will evolve to also be able to go on land.

Take any past creature to evolve from, best take a recent one since the dated one are most likely to be extinguished.

I'd personally rather build it up like the last one from a single cell thingy. We could then make it split up into a predator and a prey species after a couple of steps.

Environments will change overtime, environment changes can be applied by the mods or anyone appointed by me or the mods. This will happen when too much of the same idea's come into play. note that you wont have to be too limited by an environments since there could also be things like hot springs, and mountain tops with everlasting snow.

I think this is a great idea to keep things moving

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Group Activities 2014-01-02 11:10:06

At 1/2/14 10:39 AM, J-qb wrote: Maybe it'd be cool to have two lines like in the last one, but have them be predator and prey; that way each step in one of the creatures is incentive for the other one to evolve. I.e. When the prey-animal evolves so that it can move onto land to escape the predator, the predator will evolve to also be able to go on land.

That sounds like that could work.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Group Activities 2014-01-02 11:18:22

At 1/2/14 10:39 AM, J-qb wrote:
I'd personally rather build it up like the last one from a single cell thingy. We could then make it split up into a predator and a prey species after a couple of steps.

Starting from a single cell seems unnecessary, especially considering that basically any depiction of a single cell organism would be as a blob, a tube, or a cilia covered food hole. It'd probably be better to start as an aquatic animal, something resembling a fish fry or crustacean larvae.

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Group Activities 2014-01-02 11:52:37

At 1/2/14 11:10 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 1/2/14 10:39 AM, J-qb wrote: Maybe it'd be cool to have two lines like in the last one, but have them be predator and prey; that way each step in one of the creatures is incentive for the other one to evolve. I.e. When the prey-animal evolves so that it can move onto land to escape the predator, the predator will evolve to also be able to go on land.
That sounds like that could work.

Yeah it could work, however people would be very limited in how they would be able to evolve the previous creature.
In real life 1 creature could also evolve into 2 species or more.
Up side however is that you take would be very structured..

Not sure :P

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Art Group Activities 2014-01-28 13:20:52

Is the Tiny Chat room broken at the moment?
Also I thought the evolution thread was being revived :(

BBS Signature

Response to Art Group Activities 2014-01-28 19:04:02

At 1/28/14 01:20 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Is the Tiny Chat room broken at the moment?
Also I thought the evolution thread was being revived :(

Yeah i was gonne revive it, but backed out since i will fly to singapore tomorrow.
And if i can believe the stories about FZD school i wont have the time to browse anymore :(
Feel free to use the idea or change it to your likings tho!

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Art Group Activities 2014-02-01 17:29:03

Why aren't you in tinychat?

Response to Art Group Activities 2014-02-01 17:57:17

I'm not because the skype art chat is better imo~ and im already on skype all the time anyways

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to Art Group Activities 2014-02-01 18:40:57

At 2/1/14 05:57 PM, Template88 wrote: I'm not because the skype art chat is better imo~ and im already on skype all the time anyways

Nobody uses skype except losers who play pretend over the internet.

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Group Activities 2014-02-01 18:54:40

At 2/1/14 06:40 PM, Felis wrote:
At 2/1/14 05:57 PM, Template88 wrote: I'm not because the skype art chat is better imo~ and im already on skype all the time anyways
Nobody uses skype except losers who play pretend over the internet.

somebody got too many spam messages from phishing bots and inheritance scammers from djibouti i think.

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to Art Group Activities 2014-02-08 13:26:41

Chillin' in tinychat ...just drawing and hanging out!
Join us, won't you?! :D

Response to Art Group Activities 2014-02-09 12:03:53

I got 30 minutes to kill, anyone up for some isketch (shockwave, what?!)
Let me know and we can make a NG room :D Otherwise, I'll just join some games in progress!

hugs and kisses!

Response to Art Group Activities 2014-02-13 00:14:22

Wiv is the 'highlight' of the chat!! Awesome!

Come watch him live, or check out some cool pics here!

Response to Art Group Activities 2014-02-13 00:16:14

At 2/13/14 12:14 AM, ReNaeNae wrote: Wiv is the 'highlight' of the chat!! Awesome!
quadruple post! I win!!

Forgot the screen cap, derp!!!

Art Group Activities

Response to Art Group Activities 2014-02-13 01:41:24

Felt inspired to make a scary neon monster during the chat. Not sure where I'm going with this, but it's quite fun!

Also c-c-c-combo breaker.

At 2/13/14 12:16 AM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 2/13/14 12:14 AM, ReNaeNae wrote: Wiv is the 'highlight' of the chat!! Awesome!
quadruple post! I win!!

Art Group Activities

| Art n' animation Tumblr | R&S comic Tumblr | Follow for LIVE streams Twitter | Animation CH YouTube |

Response to Art Group Activities 2014-03-08 08:23:32

Come paint with me, bitches

Art Group Activities

Response to Art Group Activities 2014-05-25 14:47:04

Tinychat is empty. No more art forum hangouts or what?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Group Activities 2014-06-10 17:10:39

Any a y,all motherfuckers got Mario kart 8?

or Wii u in general

I'm Dave.verom on miiverse

Response to Art Group Activities 2014-06-12 00:59:16

At 2/13/14 12:16 AM, ReNaeNae wrote:
quadruple post! I win!!

ah...that is cool.