00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

a125678298 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Blacking out when you stand up

4,026 Views | 29 Replies

Blacking out when you stand up 2010-01-15 00:47:14

So every once in a while when I stand up, my vision goes all black and I get pretty dizzy. Today I was minding my own business, having a riot shield war with my friends on MW2 when I decided I should go get something to drink. I stood up and passed out and fell against my wall and left a noggin shaped hole in my wall.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Are you one of those weird people who likes doing surveys for money? I would suggest you click this.

Free Stuff. Do Surveys. Easy.

Response to Blacking out when you stand up 2010-01-15 00:52:23

Eat healthier foods and drink more water, else you'll have to stand up a little more slowly next time. Pretty common prob though

BBS Signature

Response to Blacking out when you stand up 2010-01-15 00:53:37

Yep. Happens to me all the time. It's really annoying, I've passed out once or twice from it. It's a sensation called vertigo, and it's generally caused from dehydration and laying down/sitting for an extended period of time. So while you're dizzy and seeing all white, just hold onto something until you regain control of your body and go get a drink. Otherwise it'll just keep happening, and eventually you'll pass out and hurt yourself somehow.

Response to Blacking out when you stand up 2010-01-15 00:55:44

At 1/15/10 12:53 AM, Ship wrote: Yep. Happens to me all the time. It's really annoying, I've passed out once or twice from it. It's a sensation called vertigo, and it's generally caused from dehydration and laying down/sitting for an extended period of time. So while you're dizzy and seeing all white, just hold onto something until you regain control of your body and go get a drink. Otherwise it'll just keep happening, and eventually you'll pass out and hurt yourself somehow.

I try holding onto something but by the time I think to do that, I'm already waking up on the floor wondering what in the hell just happened. And yea I was laying down for quite a while.

Are you one of those weird people who likes doing surveys for money? I would suggest you click this.

Free Stuff. Do Surveys. Easy.

Response to Blacking out when you stand up 2010-01-15 00:56:31

At 1/15/10 12:52 AM, STEM wrote: Eat healthier foods and drink more water

This^^

also this used to happen to me 2 years ago , My dad(he is in family medicine) told me that it was because i wasn't eating healthy food, and also Don't stand up too fast.

Music is my passion , not my business.

Response to Blacking out when you stand up 2010-01-15 00:58:45

Used to happen to me. it got so bad once that i lost vision completely as well as balance, but I was still conscious. I had gotten up to change games on my xbox and had already taken a few steps before it hit. shit sucked.

Response to Blacking out when you stand up 2010-01-15 01:01:28

Yes it has happened to me normally when i go to the bathroom in the morning i starte to black out and fall to the floor but not that hard cause im use to it, it actually feels kinda good but i think its bad because i feel like my body shuts down and restarts lol

Response to Blacking out when you stand up 2010-01-15 01:17:43

At 1/15/10 01:14 AM, Guest8792 wrote: I've never passed out in my life. I've tried but I can't. What's it like?

When you stand up, slowly your vision begins to be fade into black, you can't see foor a moment and also you feel weak , then suddenly slowly your vision comes back again

Music is my passion , not my business.

Response to Blacking out when you stand up 2010-01-15 01:26:31

this used to happen to me because i was having low blood pressure. I passed out twice once in the shower and once in the hallway. I hit my head off the door rails and had a big bruise across my head and two small cuts from the shower. In the hall way i just slumped against a closet door.

I found this very annoying and eventually discovered that if you dont want to pass out, dont close your eyes! Also talking out loud or trying to focus very intently keeps your brain from just shutting down. It happens to me every once in a while now and i use these two tricks too keep me upright

Response to Blacking out when you stand up 2010-01-15 01:27:38

Its just a head rush.. its kind of fun if you use your imagination

ANY GIRLS CLICK MY SIG PLZ

BBS Signature

Response to Blacking out when you stand up 2010-01-15 01:59:07

At 1/15/10 01:35 AM, HecticCircleCrap wrote:
At 1/15/10 01:27 AM, Ladiezman69 wrote: Its just a head rush.. its kind of fun if you use your imagination
Smooooooke on the waaaaater, Fire in the sky.

I'm burnin', I'm burnin', I'm burnin' for yooou.

gorp

BBS Signature

Response to Blacking out when you stand up 2010-01-15 02:01:24

I get blood-rushes like that, when I stand up fast after inactivity, and blood starts pumping really hard in my head and things go reddish. But I've never blacked out, and I generally eat fairly healthy.

In all my life, it hasn't really hurt me, and it doesn't happen that often, so truthfully I'm just going to ignore it.

Smart, huh.

"Sit down and shut up and do as I say" -- Zeus

BBS Signature

Response to Blacking out when you stand up 2010-01-15 02:02:50

You either have a skull of titanium or wall made of paper and glue if you passed out and left a head shaped hole in the wall

Fear Me! "You are a government organization designed to monitor the NG BBS. you hide behind your smiles but there is something very sinister about you, oh yes." - DragonFyre9

BBS Signature

Response to Blacking out when you stand up 2010-01-15 02:26:35

this happened to me once, i fell on top of my keyboard and i think my body was shaking, although i was blind and didnt really have any sense of touch so i could barely feel anything, so i might be wrong

either way, drink more water, or gatorade

Response to Blacking out when you stand up 2010-01-15 02:30:40

What everyone else said. If you find yourself playing games for long periods of time (especially if you're laying down), make sure to stand up and walk around between rounds or something. Hell, play a round standing up. It helps prevent your body from getting too adjusted to laying down.

Good gaming

Response to Blacking out when you stand up 2010-01-15 08:05:31

That is God's way of telling you you're unfit

Response to Blacking out when you stand up 2010-01-15 08:39:30

You have Recurrent Vaso-Vagal Syncope or in laymans terms, recurring low blood pressure attacks and its easy enough to deal with drink more water and decrease your salt intake. A simple test at the doctors can confirm this. Its not a bad thing either. It will ordinarily be brought on by standing quickly from a seated or laying position.

Response to Blacking out when you stand up 2010-01-15 08:44:54

I've never had it but once my brother and i were sitting in a hot tub (no homo) and he stood up, passed out, and hit his head on the side.

Do you have so much freetime that your reading some kids signature?

BBS Signature

Response to Blacking out when you stand up 2010-01-15 08:50:47

At 1/15/10 12:47 AM, HAHABUSBOY wrote: So every once in a while when I stand up, my vision goes all black and I get pretty dizzy. Today I was minding my own business, having a riot shield war with my friends on MW2 when I decided I should go get something to drink. I stood up and passed out and fell against my wall and left a noggin shaped hole in my wall.

Has this happened to anyone else?

this happens to me too,but i didn't ever passed out,i just got really dizzy like for 4-5 seconds,after that i was alright.

Response to Blacking out when you stand up 2010-01-15 09:32:14

Oh yeah, I love when that happens. Well, I've never actually passed out, but it's quite fun I think.

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Blacking out when you stand up 2010-01-15 09:37:23

Yes, eat healthy and exercise and you will most likely stop experiencing this.

You're probably not in shape, go outside and walk for about 30 minutes or so, go do some form of exercise for about an hour every day or two and you should be fine. Heck, do jumping jacks for about 10 minutes straight take a 5 minute break and drink water then go back to doing them again for about an hour.

You need to stay fit, that doesn't neccasarily (sp?) mean don't be fat, it just means that you should be able to be athletically able to move around still. Linemen are fat in football, but they are still fit to run and do things. I'm not saying you're fat, just telling you something that might be useful.

Response to Blacking out when you stand up 2010-01-15 09:45:15

Thank you for making a topic. I could discuss this for hours!

This doesn't actually happen to me very often, to be honest it only happens when I stand up after a long sleep. Damn this has got to be the best feeling ever! You can't see shit yet your eyes are open, you can't control yourself yet you're awake! This vertigo thingy never got strong enough to make me fall, or pass out.

It feels great as hell.

I wish I could do it every day.

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature

Response to Blacking out when you stand up 2010-01-15 10:02:01

Best I've gotten was a head rush from lack of food and sitting in a fixed area for extended periods of time. I'm actually surprised I haven't passed out yet.

BBS Signature

Response to Blacking out when you stand up 2010-01-15 10:05:30

1 time, after jumping (for no apparent reason), I saw black dots dancing around me eyes.

Another time, I stood up and everything started looking blurry

Probably I drank too many smoothies

Don't you DARE click my sig....

BBS Signature

Response to Blacking out when you stand up 2010-01-15 10:21:06

At 1/15/10 10:08 AM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote: Too much blood rushing away from your head. Basically, what you have to do to prevent this happening in future is crouch into a squatting position, stick your thumb in your mouth & try to blow as hard as you can without letting any air escape your mouth, then stand up really quickly & then squat & repeat.

This helps reinforce the veins around that area of your head.

Yes, do this.

It actually helps, my friend had a similar problem and it sure as hell didn't cure it but he almost never gets these sort of things now.

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature

Response to Blacking out when you stand up 2010-01-15 10:31:38

Happens to me everyday.
Oh well.

Response to Blacking out when you stand up 2010-01-15 10:44:34

At 1/15/10 12:55 AM, HAHABUSBOY wrote: I try holding onto something but by the time I think to do that, I'm already waking up on the floor wondering what in the hell just happened. And yea I was laying down for quite a while.

Happens to everyone in the world, you're not so special. It's called a rush of blood to the head from probably standing up to fast when you've been sat on your fat ass all day playing videogames.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Blacking out when you stand up 2010-01-15 11:32:11

When that happened to me once, i imagined a guy coming up to me and stabbing me in the throat at the same time, and it felt real. Pretty creepy shit.

Response to Blacking out when you stand up 2010-01-15 11:51:58

that happened to me 1 time u just need to get up slower and my mum said i need to spend less time on the computer...
like that'll ever happen T_T

Response to Blacking out when you stand up 2010-01-15 11:53:16

You're probably dehydrated man. Drink water.