00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Texntyler just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pirated Art Collab Thread (pirates)

5,237 Views | 59 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Pirated Art Collab Thread (pirates) 2009-12-31 00:13:38

At 12/30/09 11:30 PM, Nuttro wrote:
At 12/30/09 05:00 PM, J-qb wrote: I kinda forgot this was a collab, and not just a fun "lets all post our pirat drawings"-thread..
it isn't?

hahaha I still think it's worth submitting, that's funny.

Response to Pirated Art Collab Thread (pirates) 2009-12-31 10:39:32

At 12/30/09 10:11 PM, jeeshwa123 wrote:
At 12/30/09 08:17 PM, ashman112 wrote: just to show i am working, pirates used warhammers right? and i know i messed up on the bomb
he needs to look more like a pirate pirate, me thinks.
right now he's just a dude

any suggestions, i was thinkin of a pirate hat, tattoos or a cannon in the background

Response to Pirated Art Collab Thread (pirates) 2010-01-01 02:59:43

Ok. Can ANYONE, like literally ANYONE tell me how to change my pirate to a png, as well as making him transperent???? I'll post him again

Response to Pirated Art Collab Thread (pirates) 2010-01-01 05:23:41

Here's a picture of me that i drew, Anime/Pirate style

Also, Pirates > Ninjas ;D

Fear Me! "You are a government organization designed to monitor the NG BBS. you hide behind your smiles but there is something very sinister about you, oh yes." - DragonFyre9

BBS Signature

Response to Pirated Art Collab Thread (pirates) 2010-01-01 05:32:36

At 1/1/10 02:59 AM, jeeshwa123 wrote: Ok. Can ANYONE, like literally ANYONE tell me how to change my pirate to a png, as well as making him transperent???? I'll post him again

Sorry, you can't post a .png, though you could colour the backdrop in the same colour as the forum so it looks as though it's transparent.

BBS Signature

Response to Pirated Art Collab Thread (pirates) 2010-01-01 15:28:58

mah cyberpunkish pirate

Response to Pirated Art Collab Thread (pirates) 2010-01-01 15:35:47

mah cyber punkish pirate
heres the png version

Response to Pirated Art Collab Thread (pirates) 2010-01-01 17:50:36

At 1/1/10 05:32 AM, Nuttro wrote:
At 1/1/10 02:59 AM, jeeshwa123 wrote: Ok. Can ANYONE, like literally ANYONE tell me how to change my pirate to a png, as well as making him transperent???? I'll post him again
Sorry, you can't post a .png, though you could colour the backdrop in the same colour as the forum so it looks as though it's transparent.

ok, the guy clearly stated that he wants a png., and it HAS to be transparent, so what the hell .__.

Response to Pirated Art Collab Thread (pirates) 2010-01-01 19:10:18

ok scrap that it wasnt piratey enough and there was nothing i could do about it , next one coming up

Response to Pirated Art Collab Thread (pirates) 2010-01-01 21:08:13

WIP: So far...
I'm going to make a background and make a PNG out of it.

Response to Pirated Art Collab Thread (pirates) 2010-01-01 21:11:53

you are a pirate!

yarrrrr

Response to Pirated Art Collab Thread (pirates) 2010-01-01 21:58:51

You know what, screw it. I looked up how to make my image transperant (even after I asked around this website multiple times as to how I go about doing it, and no one answered), and considering I don't have photoshop, it's way too much work. So if the quality of my art alone doesn't get me in this collab, then whatever. I don't want to be in it if I have to continue doing work after I finish my piece. Don't see me as stuck up, I'm just kinda pissed that NO ONE could tell me how to do it, then I look it up, and unless I buy a 700 dollar program, it will be very tedious work. I'm not going through that tedious work just to have a shot at a collab. Which is a shame, because I was really interested in getting in. But sorry guys, I'm not willing to do anything past creating the picture. Seeya.

Response to Pirated Art Collab Thread (pirates) 2010-01-02 01:27:54

At 1/1/10 09:58 PM, jeeshwa123 wrote: No one helps me so fuck you guys

well.. what program do you use? Unless if it was drawn on paper. If that then what programs do you have?

BBS Signature

Response to Pirated Art Collab Thread (pirates) 2010-01-02 01:37:27

crap. I just got a new a new lapto and have no photopshop yet.....so i guess I cant make it into a png...crap

Response to Pirated Art Collab Thread (pirates) 2010-01-02 02:04:09

At 1/2/10 01:37 AM, Clueless-queen wrote: crap. I just got a new a new lapto and have no photopshop yet.....so i guess I cant make it into a png...crap

Sucked for me when that happened too x3

Fear Me! "You are a government organization designed to monitor the NG BBS. you hide behind your smiles but there is something very sinister about you, oh yes." - DragonFyre9

BBS Signature

Response to Pirated Art Collab Thread (pirates) 2010-01-02 15:36:20

At 1/2/10 01:37 AM, Clueless-queen wrote: crap. I just got a new a new lapto and have no photopshop yet.....so i guess I cant make it into a png...crap

You can just use gimp until you get photoshop, it can change the file into a .png

Response to Pirated Art Collab Thread (pirates) 2010-01-02 18:27:49

At 12/30/09 12:06 AM, jeeshwa123 wrote:
At 12/29/09 09:14 PM, JackSmack wrote: So far so good, I like the two pieces that have been submitted. Make sure to seperate the pirate from the background though.
excuse me for being such a noobette, but how do I go about doing that?

Cutting your picture out in photoshop or at least making it in layers and giving me the PSD will make it a lot easier to work with. There are numerous ways to cut out images so I can't really go through them all. but if I were to do it it would be a long and tedious process for everyone's images. It's just easier to request that that already be done on an artist by artist basis.

If you have some awesome pirate artwork and would like to show it off by all means submit it on this tread. Just know that if I like it and it works in the flash I might use it.

Visit JackSmack.com and submit your Flash Games!

BBS Signature

Response to Pirated Art Collab Thread (pirates) 2010-01-04 20:58:34

to show i'm doing something for this though will colour him when i get a chance

Response to Pirated Art Collab Thread (pirates) 2010-01-04 21:24:46

I just might have to do this.

Come reply to my Art Thread or I will forever hate you with a passion!

BBS Signature

Response to Pirated Art Collab Thread (pirates) 2010-01-05 15:15:11

At 1/4/10 08:58 PM, JustJoshy wrote: to show i'm doing something for this though will colour him when i get a chance

Nice. I like that one.

BBS Signature

Response to Pirated Art Collab Thread (pirates) 2010-01-05 16:30:23

I don't care if you don't put it in but... Hand pirate?

It's supposed to be a beard but he's having a seizure if you think that's what it looks like... ¬¬

Housecoat Neck Juts...

BBS Signature

Response to Pirated Art Collab Thread (pirates) 2010-01-05 16:34:34

At 1/5/10 04:30 PM, GrumpyTom wrote: I don't care if you don't put it in but... Hand pirate?

It's supposed to be a beard but he's having a seizure if you think that's what it looks like... ¬¬

haaa, now make him a little hat

Response to Pirated Art Collab Thread (pirates) 2010-01-05 16:35:31

At 1/5/10 04:30 PM, GrumpyTom wrote:

He's foaming at the mouth! HE'S A RABBID PIRATE!!!

Response to Pirated Art Collab Thread (pirates) 2010-01-05 16:38:25

Too late now dude! I used correction fluid and it started to itch bad so i scrubbed that shit off.

Next time I'll use a Sharpie.

Housecoat Neck Juts...

BBS Signature

Response to Pirated Art Collab Thread (pirates) 2010-01-20 00:22:06

Just a reminder you still have time to make some pirate art for this collab.

BBS Signature

Response to Pirated Art Collab Thread (pirates) 2010-01-24 18:37:30

Hey guys, finally got around to finishing my submission to the collab. I'm hoping that it hasn't been canceled or something, because the thread has been dead for awhile. Anyway, the picture features my character, Twitchy Te Bear, dressed as a pirate. Specifically, he's a DVD pirate, (you know, somebody who sells pirated DVDs). I think that I got the background transparency right, if I didn't, PM me and I'll repost it. Here's the link to the .png: Link Well, hope you like my drawing, I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished collab. If you need anything else, please contact me. Thanks!

BBS Signature

Response to Pirated Art Collab Thread (pirates) 2010-01-25 10:54:05

At 12/30/09 08:17 PM, ashman112 wrote: just to show i am working, pirates used warhammers right? and i know i messed up on the bomb

hmm, its good by why didnt you color rest of his body? MAybe you shuold train on the anatomy:D keep it coming:D

Response to Pirated Art Collab Thread (pirates) 2010-02-14 16:02:40

Today was the deadline for this collab. Due to lack of entries we don't have enough for a submission. I guess this is another in the long line of failed collabs.

I will keep an eye on this thread for a week longer, if over that time we get quite a few more quality entries I will be willing ot put this together.

BBS Signature

Response to Pirated Art Collab Thread (pirates) 2010-02-14 20:40:44

Wow, I am officially a collab jynx. I've only entered two collabs, and both have failed. It's too bad though, because this seems to have some quality entries in it, I would've loved to see the finished product. I got my fingers crossed that some more submissions come in this week.

BBS Signature

Response to Pirated Art Collab Thread (pirates) 2010-02-23 12:39:39

Collab Caput. Mods can lock it.

BBS Signature