00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Silverless just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5

19,346 Views | 45 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 2009-11-15 05:08:51

The Treasure Hunt results are now into Day 5 with no sign of stopping!

Please attempt to WATCH everything on this list and REPLY with your favorite. EXPLAIN why you like it the most.

Comedy - Parodies & Cultural References

Your feedback on each list will help determine the ultimate winners of the hunt!

Treasure Hunt Day 1: General Comedy
Treasure Hunt Day 2: Quirky
Treasure Hunt Day 3: Twisted
Treasure Hunt Day 4: Experimental & WTF

I still have to get through Nerdy, Dirty, Action, Drama and Music Videos over the next three days and THEN we'll move on to GAMES.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 2009-11-15 05:13:09

i like weed. lol, the best cuz i do drugs like those marijuana & it makes me ROTFLOL because its comedy for stoners like me

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 2009-11-15 05:14:41

side note to tram felp: when should i expect the compensation for my review to arrive? are you gonna jew me out & make me wait 7-10 business days or are you gonna be a real pal & spring for next day delivery?

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 2009-11-15 05:18:23

At 11/15/09 05:14 AM, MadCow wrote: side note to tram felp: when should i expect the compensation for my review to arrive? are you gonna jew me out & make me wait 7-10 business days or are you gonna be a real pal & spring for next day delivery?

Jew him out, jew him out.

Every man's got his vice. My vice: a royale with cheese.

DASHU BEEG PUSSHY

"I fucking fucked this band. They are the best fuck, PERIOD."

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 2009-11-15 05:24:37

Nice n early today tom :)

I vote MArio - BAd Trip it had a good moral and the animation and story line wasn't half bad

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 2009-11-15 05:29:33

I'm so disappointed.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/32 3080
boinky33's "Duck" & "Casper & Spooky" series should get their own collection!
They are hilarious!

Icycrew

Yeah, I'm not such a big fan of random "original" banners or sentences...

ICYCREW.COM

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 2009-11-15 05:52:15

SONIC IN SERARCH FOR LOVE MUST WIN
ALWAYS
YES

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 2009-11-15 06:27:47

I Can Break These Cuffs

Don't click this

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 2009-11-15 06:41:05

At 11/15/09 05:08 AM, TomFulp wrote: I still have to get through Nerdy, Dirty, Action, Drama and Music Videos over the next three days and THEN we'll move on to GAMES.

You sure are one dedicated guy, Tom, even at 5 in the morning!

gorp

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 2009-11-15 07:01:48

Willy Wonka harsh reality

CAUSE I NOMINATED IT LOL

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 2009-11-15 07:34:52

Are you still going to make a topic of the series?

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 2009-11-15 07:35:52

Phew! Reviewing all those movies is quite a chore... I need a breather.

Well, I'd say "Explode Harder" is best. I'll quote my review.
"The animation is lengthy, looks like a real trailer, sound quality and humor are great. The art is nice."

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 2009-11-15 07:39:50

My favorite: Tellertabbies
Very trippy, animation was great and drawings did their job. Loved it!

Dig-Dug the Psycho Killer
Animaton was nice, drawing so-so but I liked how the Dig-Dug guy rubbed his face in using the remainderds of the floating guy.

SW epII:Attack of Megaman
Hm, well not a whole lot of effort went into this except inserting some sounds. Nice idea though, little short...

Sonic in Search for Love
Props for hand drawing, too bad the drawing itself wasn't too good :( Voice acting was great!

Scorpion VS NES
Great to see Scorpion burn all those NES games, music was fitting though. Too bad for the Benny Hill theme, that's WAY overused.

I am Legend: Obvious
Nah, didn't like this at all. No animation whatsoever and the joke was FAR too long to be funny.

Weed. Lol
Eh...well, this surely was special. Drawings were horrible and so was the "animation".

I Can Break These Cuffs
American police is always funny, no matter what they do. Animation and drawings were nice.

Monopoly Reality
That was strange, funny though. I liked it, English people do have the best humor.

MArio - BAd Trip
Hehe, Mario trippin' is done alot though but I liked this one...the music sure was trippy enough.

FAST Twilight
Never seen Twilight so I might be missing the point of this movie, the drawings were nice though.

Moment of Truth: What if?
Was this drawn in Paint? What exactly is the reason for doing that? :P Don't know the game show though, the movie progressed slow and the jokes were meh.

Chop Chop
Great animation and drawings, but a little too short.

Explode Harder
Not funny at all, animation and drawings were watchable but nothing enjoyable.

Willy Wonka harsh reality
o_O God that was strange, enjoyable though. I liked the quick animation although the story had nothing to it.

CD-i Phillips is awesome
I love retro gaming and that Zelda CD-i game intro scarred me forever, thus seeing a parody makes me laugh already - no matter how bad it is.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 2009-11-15 08:06:39

After watching and reviewing each parody flash...

I feel it is only appropriate to choose the following 2.

I love how the voice actors display a humorous exaggeration of a charismatic entrepreneur.
It makes me wanna play Monopoly exactly like this. It'll make it more interesting!
Ho hohohohoho.

And of course naturally...

For Newgrounds getting burned during it's humble beginnings....this is really sticking it to the BBC!

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 2009-11-15 08:16:52

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 2009-11-15 08:45:33

I thought that http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/43 3729 was by far the best parody, and I found it really funny; so that gets my vote.

Monopoly Reality was the funniest, so that is a close second. Sonic search for love was also humorous - but I don't think it should win.

Explode harder, mario - bad trip, and break these cuffs were all pretty good too.

Although I started watching all of them, about half of the others I couldn't even finish watching because they were so boring and not well animated/not funny.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 2009-11-15 10:28:11

THESE ARE ALL SUCKY THEY JUST COPY EGORAPTOR! BALH BLAH BLAH!!!

;3

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 2009-11-15 10:35:32

Sweet! That Scorpion flash I suggested got recognized!

But of that list, the cuffs one made me laugh the most. :P

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 2009-11-15 10:38:07

Sonic in Search of Love was....erm...it was...wow...

Spiked cock ftw.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 2009-11-15 11:19:21

At 11/15/09 05:13 AM, MadCow wrote: i like weed. lol, the best cuz i do drugs like those marijuana & it makes me ROTFLOL because its comedy for stoners like me

dewwwwd i do drugs, too dewd im totally kewl dewd

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 2009-11-15 11:22:15

And for this list I choose...

... it deserves the score it has, I suppose.

Visiting Newgrounds Since 2003

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 2009-11-15 11:43:35

My pick is this by far:

and here's the other one

Though one thing I noticed is that CD-i Phillips is Awesome ins actually in the Awesome collection. A little thought: just because a movie has the word "awesome" in the title doesn't automatically mean it's an Awesome movie.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 2009-11-15 12:01:21

I can break these cuffs

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 2009-11-15 12:26:54

fast twilight was a good movie. It was funny how the author portrayed the characters

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 2009-11-15 13:00:07

Yeah!!!!!
My Suggestion is in!!!

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 2009-11-15 13:02:58

I loved Weed, Lol. The above the influence commercials were pretty damn stupid, plus I'm a toker. :P

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 2009-11-15 13:03:58

I think Dig dug the insane killer should win

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 2009-11-15 13:44:22

Couldn't make it through the last 3 but here are my favorites, in order:

1. Dig-Dug and The Psycho Killer (Really good)
2. I Am Legend: Obvious
3. Monopoly Reality
4. SW epil:Attack of Megaman

Didn't really like the others. Those 4 were really good though. I love these Treasure Hunts, such a good opportunity to uncover some real gems.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 2009-11-15 13:55:09

At 11/15/09 05:08 AM, TomFulp wrote: The Treasure Hunt results are now into Day 5 with no sign of stopping!

Sonic in search of true love got me pregnant purely on laughter, who the hell nominated it?!

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 2009-11-15 13:59:40

For the guy that asked why Tom didn't mention series, it is because the series category can't win any money, it would be a non-paying category. Tom wants to get the voting done to figure out who gets the cash prizes first. The Series category will be last.

As a submitter of some of these entries, my vote wouldn't count. I'll just talk up the ones that I suggested instead, then.

Video is taken from Star Wars, Ep. 2 video when Anakin and Padme are in the machine room and Megaman music and sound effects are added. I like how it turned out.

I didn't actually think this one would make to a finalist list because it was a video but I am pleased it did. I found the idea of overlaying the Star Wars scene with megaman sounds and graphics really made for a fun, watchable parody.

Two monsters are just standing around talking when the evil Dig Dug comes to visit...

Painful... I submitted this but someone else beat me to the punch and nominated it first. I shall cry if it wins and that other guy gets the money :(

Did you ever wonder what happened to Will Smith's wife and kids in "I Am Legend"? Well, one guy did, and the author is pissed about it.

This is my favorite of the bunch, I found this rant of the death scene in 'I Am Legend" to be hysterical. Perhaps the joke does get run into the ground a bit but that's the point! How stupid do you have to be to not know what happened to the wife and kids?

Also, I think it's unfair to talk about the poor animation and then say something like "Monopooly Reality" has great animation. Sure M.R. has a detailed drawing but after that it's just a tween of two heads turning and mouths yapping. Visually it's boring because nothing new is ever happening.

I think the audio is much more funny anyway.

On a game show, Lauren admits she cheated on her husband. It gets worse from there. Based on actual events.

Okay, let me explain the game show for people not in the know. "Moment of Truth" is a gameshow that has the game contestents hooked up to a lie detector and are asked a series of personal questions. They then have to go out in to the game show guy and audience and are asked the questions again. For every question they answer that they re-answer that is the same as what the lie detector says they get money.

Again, this story is based on actual events. There was a woman who was on the show who actually admitted to having affairs, she then was asked if she thought she was a good person. She lied and said yes but because she felt guilty for admitting the affair, or something, the lie detector said she didn't believe she was, in fact, a good person. So she lost. This "what if" parody asks what sort of questions might come next, if she had told the "truth" and admitted she didn't think she was a good person.

-----------

Looks like I have managed to get some of my submissions in every second day or so. I've had quite a few more get in then expected. That makes me happy to be able to help showcase so many flashes I have enjoyed over the year of May07 to May08. I was somewhat nervous submitting the vast number that I did but I asked Tom beforehand and he said go for it and considering how many made it as finalists, that seems to have been the right move.

That said, there are still plenty of others that have not/may not made it to the finalist lists. If you like any of these submissions, you may want to check out my entire list that I put up on my blog.

Over 100 submissions are here, all of which have a score of at least 3.00 and fewer then 10k views. I think they are all pretty decent gems and if you like the ones that made it to the parody list, you may also like to take a look at the entire thing.

Collecting NG's undiscovered gems has been a hobby of mine since 2005. I am curently posting them on my blog.

Feel free to check them out and tell me what you think.