Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 Nov. 15th, 2009 @ 01:25 PM Reply

Mario Bad Trip

It reminds me of Ren and Stimpy to some degree, plus it's short, to the point, and hilarious.

RabidSquirrelStudios
RabidSquirrelStudios
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 Nov. 15th, 2009 @ 01:44 PM Reply

Couldn't make it through the last 3 but here are my favorites, in order:

1. Dig-Dug and The Psycho Killer (Really good)
2. I Am Legend: Obvious
3. Monopoly Reality
4. SW epil:Attack of Megaman

Didn't really like the others. Those 4 were really good though. I love these Treasure Hunts, such a good opportunity to uncover some real gems.

Zyphonee
Zyphonee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 Nov. 15th, 2009 @ 01:55 PM Reply

At 11/15/09 05:08 AM, TomFulp wrote: The Treasure Hunt results are now into Day 5 with no sign of stopping!

Sonic in search of true love got me pregnant purely on laughter, who the hell nominated it?!

TomaO2
TomaO2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 Nov. 15th, 2009 @ 01:59 PM Reply

For the guy that asked why Tom didn't mention series, it is because the series category can't win any money, it would be a non-paying category. Tom wants to get the voting done to figure out who gets the cash prizes first. The Series category will be last.

As a submitter of some of these entries, my vote wouldn't count. I'll just talk up the ones that I suggested instead, then.

Video is taken from Star Wars, Ep. 2 video when Anakin and Padme are in the machine room and Megaman music and sound effects are added. I like how it turned out.

I didn't actually think this one would make to a finalist list because it was a video but I am pleased it did. I found the idea of overlaying the Star Wars scene with megaman sounds and graphics really made for a fun, watchable parody.

Two monsters are just standing around talking when the evil Dig Dug comes to visit...

Painful... I submitted this but someone else beat me to the punch and nominated it first. I shall cry if it wins and that other guy gets the money :(

Did you ever wonder what happened to Will Smith's wife and kids in "I Am Legend"? Well, one guy did, and the author is pissed about it.

This is my favorite of the bunch, I found this rant of the death scene in 'I Am Legend" to be hysterical. Perhaps the joke does get run into the ground a bit but that's the point! How stupid do you have to be to not know what happened to the wife and kids?

Also, I think it's unfair to talk about the poor animation and then say something like "Monopooly Reality" has great animation. Sure M.R. has a detailed drawing but after that it's just a tween of two heads turning and mouths yapping. Visually it's boring because nothing new is ever happening.

I think the audio is much more funny anyway.

On a game show, Lauren admits she cheated on her husband. It gets worse from there. Based on actual events.

Okay, let me explain the game show for people not in the know. "Moment of Truth" is a gameshow that has the game contestents hooked up to a lie detector and are asked a series of personal questions. They then have to go out in to the game show guy and audience and are asked the questions again. For every question they answer that they re-answer that is the same as what the lie detector says they get money.

Again, this story is based on actual events. There was a woman who was on the show who actually admitted to having affairs, she then was asked if she thought she was a good person. She lied and said yes but because she felt guilty for admitting the affair, or something, the lie detector said she didn't believe she was, in fact, a good person. So she lost. This "what if" parody asks what sort of questions might come next, if she had told the "truth" and admitted she didn't think she was a good person.

-----------

Looks like I have managed to get some of my submissions in every second day or so. I've had quite a few more get in then expected. That makes me happy to be able to help showcase so many flashes I have enjoyed over the year of May07 to May08. I was somewhat nervous submitting the vast number that I did but I asked Tom beforehand and he said go for it and considering how many made it as finalists, that seems to have been the right move.

That said, there are still plenty of others that have not/may not made it to the finalist lists. If you like any of these submissions, you may want to check out my entire list that I put up on my blog.

Over 100 submissions are here, all of which have a score of at least 3.00 and fewer then 10k views. I think they are all pretty decent gems and if you like the ones that made it to the parody list, you may also like to take a look at the entire thing.

Collecting NG's undiscovered gems has been a hobby of mine since 2005. I am curently posting them on my blog.

Feel free to check them out and tell me what you think.

ThePortalGuru
ThePortalGuru
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 Nov. 15th, 2009 @ 02:33 PM Reply

At 11/15/09 05:08 AM, TomFulp wrote: I still have to get through Nerdy, Dirty, Action, Drama and Music Videos over the next three days and : THEN we'll move on to GAMES.

Well holy crap. This is gonna be a buttload of hidden gems. I'm glad you decided to do this. Some of the submissions are great!

Thanks aplenty to Phobotech for the great user icon.

BBS Signature
Listen2Reason
Listen2Reason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Programmer
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 Nov. 15th, 2009 @ 02:40 PM Reply

Going to have to go with:

Slick animation, rockin' music, old-school parody fun...and heck, I just always liked Scorpion.

(Close second place was "Tellertabbies". Nothing like SHEER CHAOS to get you laughing your ass off!)

MadCow
MadCow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 Nov. 15th, 2009 @ 03:03 PM Reply

hot piXXX AlanaLocke. got any of that 1st slut naked? her huge fucking tittys are practically exploding out of that dress i just gotta see em

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 Nov. 15th, 2009 @ 04:32 PM Reply

Holy fuck that was awful.

SamIam
SamIam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 Nov. 15th, 2009 @ 04:34 PM Reply

Woo Explode Harder got on the list!!

CaptainAwesome121090
CaptainAwesome121090
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 Nov. 15th, 2009 @ 05:02 PM Reply

Monopoly Reality is the winner of the Parody series in my opinion mainly because it was truly original unlike my second place winner which most of the flash was just a cops episode. both are hilariously funny nonetheless, but I have to go with LEISTHER SQUARE!!

10JD
10JD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 Nov. 15th, 2009 @ 05:39 PM Reply

Holy shit! YES! Ive been discovered!

Hi

JKMonkey
JKMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Art Lover
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 Nov. 15th, 2009 @ 06:31 PM Reply

^^ this one, because it's hilarious IMO

8===0000=======D~~~~~~~

BBS Signature
diamond-armada
diamond-armada
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 Nov. 15th, 2009 @ 07:30 PM Reply

wow thanks to the people who liked Monopoly Reality. really appreciate the positive feedback I've been gaining from it. of course there is one topic I've wanted to do but I thought would only last for about 10 seconds........ I'll give you a hint..... twitter......

BBS Signature
jerry220
jerry220
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 Nov. 15th, 2009 @ 07:46 PM Reply

why the hell have you not finished the chat in any way shape or form since i Mother F 'ing joined NG! I'm not saying in any way that it is your fault for not finishing it. I AM however pointing the blame at YOU for letting it stay unfinished for so damn long. seriusly what the %$#@ is up with that! just finish the @#$%ing thing. god. Oh and fire the dip shit team that has been in charge of finishing it because they have been slacking like pussy faced dumb assess (or is the plural of dumb ass with a c sound?) Now please ether finish it or at least change up the picture every now and then from "coming soon" to something more acurate like " This will never be finished" or "He he Suckers"

And for anyone reading this besides fulp I WILL repost this a gillion and one times untill he @#$%ing responds to it WITH A @#$%ING ANSERE TO WHY THE HELL IT STILL IS NOT DONE. AND NO I CAN'T SPELL FOR SHIT. GET THE @#$% OVER IT.

ZombieMonkey
ZombieMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 Nov. 15th, 2009 @ 07:49 PM Reply

At 11/15/09 07:46 PM, jerry220 wrote: whine, whine, bitch.

fix'd

"I need a katana to slice a banana"

omegared
omegared
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 Nov. 15th, 2009 @ 08:58 PM Reply

MY FAVORITE IS!!

This one made me laugh the most, and I thought it was perfect. Though there were some close seconds.... I don't uch like parodies..

Here's a good one to watch in anyone's spare time.

Rhete
Rhete
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Game Developer
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 Nov. 16th, 2009 @ 01:26 AM Reply

I watched all of them today! These were my favorite two, I can't choose which I liked more since they're pretty opposite styles of humor.

BBS Signature
oOHawkOo
oOHawkOo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 Nov. 16th, 2009 @ 03:30 AM Reply

Explode harder, all the way

evilhamsterboy
evilhamsterboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 Nov. 16th, 2009 @ 10:19 AM Reply

I found it to be the funniest, and since it is in a comedy category, it wins my vote. Cuffs, cd-i phillips, and dig dug the psycho killer were lovely as well, if anyone cares.

My name really sucks.

SilentCobra
SilentCobra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Gamer
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 Nov. 16th, 2009 @ 01:18 PM Reply

At 11/15/09 05:08 AM, TomFulp wrote: The Treasure Hunt results are now into Day 5 with no sign of stopping!

Please attempt to WATCH everything on this list and REPLY with your favorite. EXPLAIN why you like it the most.

Comedy - Parodies & Cultural References
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/50 9826
Your feedback on each list will help determine the ultimate winners of the hunt!

SWEET!!! Thanks for choosing on of my suggestions Tom. If don't win, will I at least get either a parting gift or a consolation prize?

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1
Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature
CooLWhiP555
CooLWhiP555
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 Nov. 16th, 2009 @ 06:16 PM Reply

dig-dug. Great humor, 'nuff said.

Whirlguy
Whirlguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Animator
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 5 Nov. 19th, 2009 @ 08:45 PM Reply

My three favs:

1. Dig-Dug the Psycho Killer, is some great comedy. I've never actually played the game but it's pretty clear what is going on in that flash nonetheless. I love the voice acting, graphics are ok.

2. MArio - BAd Trip is lovable because it takes Mario to a more realistic environment. The results are trippy and rather disguisting. I'm loving the animation style.

3. Moment of Truth: What if? really keeps you in suspense and at the same time is hilarious. It's a great recreation of the show. I'm loving it.

Whirlguy Whirls your Whirld.

BBS Signature