New Topic Respond to this Topic
Spunky6666
Spunky6666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Spunky6666 Land Nov. 27th, 2009 @ 07:44 PM Reply

Gah...I'm sorry, I hate double posting, but I kinda have to now. Anyways, here's the second part of my Fancy Pants (by Brad Borne) parody art. It's a direct continuation of the last one, so check earlier in the thread if you haven't seen the first part yet. As you can see, I'm now using my own mayonnaise regularly and trying to have more detailed pics. So, what does Newgrounds think? You like?

P.S. The thread just went popular. Yay! Special thanks to Snowman and Big Jonny for replying a lot.

Spunky6666 Land

Come reply to my Art Thread or I will forever hate you with a passion!

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Spunky6666 Land Nov. 27th, 2009 @ 07:54 PM Reply

At 11/27/09 07:44 PM, Spunky6666 wrote: Gah...I'm sorry, I hate double posting, but I kinda have to now. Anyways, here's the second part of my Fancy Pants (by Brad Borne) parody art. It's a direct continuation of the last one, so check earlier in the thread if you haven't seen the first part yet. As you can see, I'm now using my own mayonnaise regularly and trying to have more detailed pics. So, what does Newgrounds think? You like?

Looks good mate, it's getting better. Also, don't worry multi-posting in your own thread. Because it's your thread, you can post as repeatedly as you want in it.

P.S. The thread just went popular. Yay! Special thanks to Snowman and Big Jonny for replying a lot.

No problem, it's what I do

Snowman
Snowman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Spunky6666 Land Nov. 27th, 2009 @ 08:24 PM Reply

At 11/27/09 07:44 PM, Spunky6666 wrote: Gah...I'm sorry, I hate double posting, but I kinda have to now. Anyways, here's the second part of my Fancy Pants (by Brad Borne) parody art. It's a direct continuation of the last one, so check earlier in the thread if you haven't seen the first part yet. As you can see, I'm now using my own mayonnaise regularly and trying to have more detailed pics. So, what does Newgrounds think? You like?

Popular thread get! Mayo Get!

your getting alot.
lol, Its your threas, as johnny said, so double post all you want

Reply 32 get

This text is in bold, which makes me aweso and your statement irrelevant.
ArtThread. Deviant. NGcar. SnowmansLand

BBS Signature
Spunky6666
Spunky6666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Spunky6666 Land Nov. 28th, 2009 @ 07:03 PM Reply

Um, so yeah....this is my submission to the Christmas in 2209 collab, and I'm really hoping that it gets accepted. It's my first ever submission to a collab, and honestly, I'm a little bit nervous. I haven't officially submitted it yet though, as I'd like to get a few opinions on it first. I want this to be really good, because if other people are going to see this in collab form, I want them to really like it. The other two submissions on the thread so far are really serious, but I went for a more humorous approach, as I usually do. I figure that the collab could probably use a bit of comic relief. Do you think it's collab worthy, and if not, how could I improve it?

P.S. Anyone know how to link to a .png version? I've never done this, and it's required if I'd like to contribute to the collab.

Spunky6666 Land

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Spunky6666 Land Nov. 29th, 2009 @ 06:11 AM Reply

At 11/28/09 07:03 PM, Spunky6666 wrote: Um, so yeah....this is my submission to the Christmas in 2209 collab, and I'm really hoping that it gets accepted. It's my first ever submission to a collab, and honestly, I'm a little bit nervous. I haven't officially submitted it yet though, as I'd like to get a few opinions on it first. I want this to be really good, because if other people are going to see this in collab form, I want them to really like it. The other two submissions on the thread so far are really serious, but I went for a more humorous approach, as I usually do. I figure that the collab could probably use a bit of comic relief. Do you think it's collab worthy, and if not, how could I improve it?

I think its totally collab worthy. (Which counts since I have 33 percent of the votes)
maybe you could add some more scenery to it though, it seems a bit empty at the moment...

P.S. Anyone know how to link to a .png version? I've never done this, and it's required if I'd like to contribute to the collab.

You scanned this pic right? well its quite possible your scanner doesnt have a "save as png" function, in which case you could just open the jpeg in mspaint, and click "save as" and then select png.
you can then upload the png to the art portal, and link to it in the tread.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Dexter3000
Dexter3000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Spunky6666 Land Nov. 29th, 2009 @ 06:21 AM Reply

At 11/28/09 07:03 PM, Spunky6666 wrote: Um, so yeah....this is my submission to the Christmas in 2209 ,

It could get into the collab possibly.Although,i agree with what J-qb said,it looks empty,so you should maybe add more to the background.

Spunky6666
Spunky6666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Spunky6666 Land Nov. 29th, 2009 @ 05:22 PM Reply

At 11/29/09 06:21 AM, Dexter3000 wrote:
At 11/28/09 07:03 PM, Spunky6666 wrote: Um, so yeah....this is my submission to the Christmas in 2209 ,
It could get into the collab possibly.Although,i agree with what J-qb said,it looks empty,so you should maybe add more to the background.

Well, here's the improved version. Like you suggested, it has much more detail in the background. The stripes are slightly darker and more accented now. I also added a wreath and a present to the background. Lastly, I added a small bit of shade and shadow to the drawing. Hopefully the extra details are enough to get this through, 'cuz I'm going to submit this version to the collab. Wish me luck!

Spunky6666 Land

BBS Signature
Spunky6666
Spunky6666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Spunky6666 Land Dec. 1st, 2009 @ 09:20 PM Reply

Also, don't worry multi-posting in your own thread. Because it's your thread, you can post as repeatedly as you want in it.

Oh, well... I guess I'll be doing that then. Anyway, I was looking at a picture I drew about a month ago, and it gave me an idea. I'm showing you guys the picture below not for feedback, (though it's always appreciated) but beacause I want to present a challenge to you guys. See, the guy in the picture is just holding up a jar of mayo, and the chicks are (or chick is?) diggin' him. But I wonder, what would happen in real life if you just randomly held up a jar of mayo in the middle of a busy area and stood there like that? How would people actually react? I give anybody major props for actually going through and trying that, and then relaying the results here. Also, if you could get a picture of that, it would be even better. I think I'd die laughing. I don't know, just a thought.

Spunky6666 Land

BBS Signature
3abden
3abden
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Spunky6666 Land Dec. 1st, 2009 @ 10:09 PM Reply

I'd probably fall in love... NOT, but yeh that would be so wierd.

My art thread!
Clicky for my DA!

BBS Signature
Spunky6666
Spunky6666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Spunky6666 Land Dec. 10th, 2009 @ 04:59 PM Reply

How does the art forum population like Club Penguin flavored art?

Spunky6666 Land

BBS Signature
Spunky6666
Spunky6666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Spunky6666 Land Dec. 12th, 2009 @ 03:03 PM Reply

At 12/10/09 04:59 PM, Spunky6666 wrote: How does the art forum population like Club Penguin flavored art?

No replies? Really? Well, now I have something better to show you, so forget that last post. This is my new Warioware Touched parody, and I think it's got to be one of my best drawings yet. I spent a good amount of time on it, and I'm thinking that it's paid off. What do you think?

BBS Signature
Spunky6666
Spunky6666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Spunky6666 Land Dec. 12th, 2009 @ 03:05 PM Reply

No replies? Really? Well, now I have something better to show you, so forget that last post. This is my new Warioware Touched parody, and I think it's got to be one of my best drawings yet. I spent a good amount of time on it, and I'm thinking that it's paid off. What do you think?

Oh, whoops... forgot the picture! Sorr, here it is...

Spunky6666 Land

BBS Signature
Havegum
Havegum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Spunky6666 Land Dec. 12th, 2009 @ 03:26 PM Reply

That looks really neat, eexept the text saying "shaved" doesnt really fit in (colorwise, not fontwise-ish).
I should be more defined (as in darker, or more evenly spread)

but still, really good job, for a second there, i thought you had just copied a Wario cover, and photoshoped the words "Shaved" on it!

Also, Shaved kinda looks like "S haved"

BBS Signature
Balazeal
Balazeal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Spunky6666 Land Dec. 12th, 2009 @ 10:52 PM Reply

At 12/12/09 03:05 PM, Spunky6666 wrote: Oh, whoops... forgot the picture! Sorr, here it is...

I like it, it's funny. Some parts are a bit uneven, and the 'S' in "Shaved" is a bit too far away from the rest of the letters. A lot of the text isn't all that even, however Wario's face is spot on. As havegum just posted before me, "Shaved" looks rather off. I looked at the original box art for Warioware Touched, and I think I see what you were trying to go for, but it still looks a bit scribble to me. Maybe fill it in a bit more.

Spunky6666
Spunky6666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Spunky6666 Land Dec. 13th, 2009 @ 07:50 PM Reply

Eh...Twitchy as you address him is also too simplistic for my liking.Also,the tree's look flat.You shuld have added shading to them.

Alrighty then, thanks for the replies you guys! On a more serious note, I've recently decided to crack down, meaning that I'm going to be more picky about what I post on Newgrounds. I'm trying to get scouted, so I only want my best stuff up here. Because of this, I have deleted a lot of my old work and only kept my best pictures here. As I have improved during my stay at Newgrounds, most of the drawings I kept are the newest ones. Getting to the point, it's going to be awhile before I post new art here. Instead, I will be improving the drawings that I have already done. The first drawing that I decided to improve is the Twitchy Te Bear one from page one of the thread. You guys told me to shade in the trees a bit, so I did. I also added blades of grass, rumples in the bushes, darkened the pink in Twitchy's ears, and added a thin, hard to see blue mist in Twitchy's eyes. So I guess what I'm asking is: Do you like the improvements that I made?

Spunky6666 Land

BBS Signature
JoeTheToucan
JoeTheToucan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Spunky6666 Land Dec. 14th, 2009 @ 07:56 AM Reply

At 11/27/09 07:54 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: mate

How... DARE you.

At 12/13/09 07:50 PM, Spunky6666 wrote: Do you like the improvements that I made?

This is reet cute.
I notice the shading on the right tree, but why stop there? You might want to add some to the bushes and the bear itself to make it more consistent. Not sure if you've had a go at it, but if you have, make it a little more defined, so you can actually tell there is nice, rich shading there.

Just on a side note, grass in the wild isn't so short- what I mean is, you may want to consider making the tufts at the trunk of the tree or where the bear is sat a tad bigger, spikier and more grass like.

No mate, no.

BBS Signature
Spunky6666
Spunky6666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Spunky6666 Land Dec. 20th, 2009 @ 01:53 PM Reply

Well, I went and improved the Twitchy drawing some more. Let's see...

This is reet cute.

Thanks, I'm glad.

I notice the shading on the right tree, but why stop there? You might want to add some to the bushes and the bear itself to make it more consistent. Not sure if you've had a go at it, but if you have, make it a little more defined, so you can actually tell there is nice, rich shading there.

I added more shading, and even a couple of shadows.

Just on a side note, grass in the wild isn't so short- what I mean is, you may want to consider making the tufts at the trunk of the tree or where the bear is sat a tad bigger, spikier and more grass like.

Yes sir! Anyway, I'm thinking that this is my final version of this, but I want to get at least one opinion on it before I officially submit the improved version. So, do you like?

Spunky6666 Land

BBS Signature
JoeTheToucan
JoeTheToucan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Spunky6666 Land Dec. 21st, 2009 @ 06:29 AM Reply

Small improvements can often make a big difference, looks good. I like how the colouring isn't so much all over the place now. But yeah, I know how it is when you really can't be arsed with working on a drawing anymore- after all, there's always another idea you want to get going. Just keep drawing, that's the key to becoming bigger and better.

Keep at it!

No mate, no.

BBS Signature
Undertone
Undertone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Filmmaker
Response to Spunky6666 Land Dec. 21st, 2009 @ 06:57 PM Reply

Like it, this things got all the makings of a smart desktop!
Perhaps some digitization for the net step? :)

Spunky6666
Spunky6666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Spunky6666 Land Dec. 27th, 2009 @ 05:31 PM Reply

Alrighty then, thanks for the replies you guys! On a more serious note, I've recently decided to crack down, meaning that I'm going to be more picky about what I post on Newgrounds. I'm trying to get scouted, so I only want my best stuff up here. Because of this, I have deleted a lot of my old work and only kept my best pictures here. As I have improved during my stay at Newgrounds, most of the drawings I kept are the newest ones. Getting to the point, it's going to be awhile before I post new art here. Instead, I will be improving the drawings that I have already done.

That still applies. This time, I redid my Rob the zombie drawing, the one that is in the first post in this thread. I darkened the colors and I added shading and a background. I think it looks much better now. Do you?

Spunky6666 Land

BBS Signature
GMoose14
GMoose14
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to Spunky6666 Land Dec. 29th, 2009 @ 10:31 PM Reply

That still applies. This time, I redid my Rob the zombie drawing, the one that is in the first post in this thread. I darkened the colors and I added shading and a background. I think it looks much better now. Do you?

I like the colors you got going on there, and I also like your style, and this does look better than the other one :D

BBS Signature
Snowman
Snowman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Spunky6666 Land Dec. 29th, 2009 @ 10:38 PM Reply

I forgot about that one... The color does make it look alittle better. But the shadowing, I think it could be abit darker in some spots

This text is in bold, which makes me aweso and your statement irrelevant.
ArtThread. Deviant. NGcar. SnowmansLand

BBS Signature
jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Spunky6666 Land Dec. 30th, 2009 @ 12:44 AM Reply

At 11/22/09 05:50 PM, Spunky6666 wrote:
At 11/21/09 11:41 PM, CloudEater wrote: Your works aren't that artistic, you may do well animating though. You should experiment more with shading maybe trying a more realistic picture instead of cartoon style.
Well then, I'd say this is a good compromise. I realize that this probably needs some (meaning a lot of) cleaning up, but I tried a more realistic and sketchy grayscale while still staying true to my cartoony/humorous roots. What do you think? Did I do the realistic thing any justice here?

you definetly should have made it a bit more clear that it's a reflection in a sythe. perhaps showing the whole sythe?

XxCrazydudexX
XxCrazydudexX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Spunky6666 Land Dec. 30th, 2009 @ 02:33 AM Reply

You got a great style there. Without a doubt, here's my thoughts:

1 - You can practice getting your inking more fluid and precise (cleaner lines)
2 - Coloring with practice plus understanding of shading/lighting will give your drawings a much better feel.

Keep it up. draw draw draw

Don't forget to check my latest art submissions !

Spunky6666
Spunky6666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Spunky6666 Land Jan. 1st, 2010 @ 06:48 PM Reply

Hey, quick update: I replaced the real mayo with my own. I hope this looks better, I think it does.

Spunky6666 Land

BBS Signature
Spunky6666
Spunky6666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Spunky6666 Land Jan. 2nd, 2010 @ 01:28 PM Reply

At 1/1/10 06:48 PM, Spunky6666 wrote: Hey, quick update: I replaced the real mayo with my own. I hope this looks better, I think it does.

Hey, even quicker update: I replaced my drawing of mayo with a very slightly better drawing of mayo. I think the word "Mayo" is easier to read in this one.

Spunky6666 Land

BBS Signature
HazeStigma
HazeStigma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Spunky6666 Land Jan. 2nd, 2010 @ 01:33 PM Reply

I love your art and you Mayo-madness! ^w^
Your very original as well, keep it up! :D

Fear Me! "You are a government organization designed to monitor the NG BBS. you hide behind your smiles but there is something very sinister about you, oh yes." - DragonFyre9

BBS Signature
Spunky6666
Spunky6666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Spunky6666 Land Jan. 2nd, 2010 @ 01:36 PM Reply

At 1/2/10 01:28 PM, Spunky6666 wrote:
At 1/1/10 06:48 PM, Spunky6666 wrote: Hey, quick update: I replaced the real mayo with my own. I hope this looks better, I think it does.
Hey, even quicker update: I replaced my drawing of mayo with a very slightly better drawing of mayo. I think the word "Mayo" is easier to read in this one.

Holy God this mayonnaise jar is giving me trouble! I think I'm just being paranoid, but that last jar was too blurry to me. Here's the better (and final) one:

Spunky6666 Land

BBS Signature
Spunky6666
Spunky6666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Spunky6666 Land Jan. 4th, 2010 @ 08:53 PM Reply

Hey, look! It's a double post sandwhich. Anway, I got good news... I've been scouted by OctopusPriem!
That means my stuff is in the art portal now! Alright! Sorry, I'm just really excited. But seriously, now that my stuff can be seen by the general public, I'm hoping that my art gets more views and reviews. Oh, and votes! I almost forgot that I can get those too now! I have a feeling that being scouted is really going to help me out, and I'm looking forward to making more stuff now, more than ever.

BBS Signature
Spunky6666
Spunky6666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Spunky6666 Land Jan. 24th, 2010 @ 06:46 PM Reply

Triple post! Anyway, it's been way too long since I've posted a new drawing. This one is my submission to the Pirated Art Collab, and, as you can see, Twitchy is a DVD pirate, meaning that he's selling pirated DVDs. The background was just thrown in for color, the real focus here is Twitchy himself. Due to the collab limitations, this isn't as good as it could be, but I still feel like it looks pretty nice, with a good humorous touch to it. Opinions?

Spunky6666 Land

BBS Signature