00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Skirbs939 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Mafia

1,655,193 Views | 44,129 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Mafia 2012-07-02 02:23:49

Next chapter of my story tomorrow. There, I said it. Now to follow through with it. It will happen, mark my words. I'm a little buzzed and tired as hell right now, but being Monday life should be simple and good enough for me to come up with the next installment.

I liked "Fragments", Boris. It seems like a throat clearing before going off on a huge epic story. I'm hoping I'm right.

HEY MY NAME IS FRAGMENT, AND I GO TO THE POTTY ALLL BY MYSEEEELFFF

Don't talk back.<3

sig by Marsupial, copyright 2008 all rights reserved

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2012-07-02 22:27:58

At 6/27/12 09:24 PM, CannibalCorpseFreak wrote: Hello to you all. I suppose you're wondering where I've been lately (you're probably not). Well, back in October, my computer decided to die on me, and I haven't been able to afford a new one until recently. I fucking lost EVERYTHING (didn't back stuff up like I should have). It sucks, but I'm over it now. Just popping in for now to let you all know I'm still very much alive... how have things been in the NG Mafia lately, anyways?

Hey Corpse, as you can see things are going very slowly, but still ticking over, just about I guess we all needed to lie low for awhile to lull the authorities into a false sense of security. I'm sure everyone else has been biding there time practising stereotypical Italian accents and becoming "legitimate businessmen".

Speaking of which anyone seen any good mob films lately? I've seen a couple of interesting ones.

Response to NG Mafia 2012-07-18 06:13:21

At 7/2/12 10:27 PM, RedGlare wrote: I'm sure everyone else has been biding there time practising stereotypical Italian accents and becoming "legitimate businessmen".

When the hell have I ever had an Italian accent?!

Never pick a fight you can't bring a hand grenade to.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2012-07-19 17:34:36

Hey, I'd like to join The Mafia.

Now, Quiet! I HAVE SPOKEN!

Response to NG Mafia 2012-07-19 23:22:46

At 7/19/12 05:49 PM, Confucianism wrote:
At 7/19/12 05:34 PM, ShoopDaWhoop217 wrote: Hey, I'd like to join The Mafia.
They aren't recruiting and haven't for months.

Well actually I could have joined a few months ago but I did not want to finish another man's story. I'd rather make another one or have a different requirement.

^ Above is hinting I would still like to join.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2012-07-20 10:25:01

At 7/18/12 06:13 AM, Ghost wrote:
At 7/2/12 10:27 PM, RedGlare wrote: I'm sure everyone else has been biding there time practising stereotypical Italian accents and becoming "legitimate businessmen".
When the hell have I ever had an Italian accent?!

Whats that you say boss? Youse wan me to go get some nice orthentic Pizza's like we had in de ole cuntry? All right Imma get right on that for youse right after I serrenade this nice a young lady.

And before you ask no I have never heard a genuine Italian speak English before.

Anyway goof to see your still haunting the foundations, guess it was a good idea building the HQ on that Indian -sorry Native American- burial ground.

Response to NG Mafia 2012-07-20 10:39:42

Righty'o then. I recall being here with another two gents, trying to join. They were told to fuck off and never come back again. I was told to stop talking about tea. ~Chuckles~ But then one of the old members came around and asked for a cup of tea.

I was one of those gents I think.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2012-07-26 01:52:34

At 7/23/12 06:18 AM, Confucianism wrote: If you were then what the fuck are you doing back here kid?

You're in.
If that fucking means anything..

You can now pick up your complimentary towels and soap. Usually you'd get something a little nicer but I've wasted all those funds on weed and brews, weed and brews, life for me is just weed and brews.

I also do not find the Dons alias coincidental.

NG Mafia

I've evolved.

digi-digi

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2012-07-26 02:19:42

Also Confuic if your next post is about how you wanna brighten things up around here I will fuckin shoot myself with your message on screen so people know why i did it.

Unfortunately I'm too sober to write a chapter today. Conditions must be optimal and i must be super fucked up to write anything decent. Reminds me a lot of Dethklok the Mafia. And if someone grew a pair and wrote something I'd be more than inclined to join in.

NG Mafia

I've evolved.

digi-digi

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2012-07-26 09:49:29

At 7/23/12 06:18 AM, Confucianism wrote:
At 7/20/12 10:39 AM, J-Rex wrote: I was one of those gents I think.
If you were then what the fuck are you doing back here kid?

I'm not 100% sure if I was but I had a chance to join but finishing people's stories isn't my thing.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2012-07-27 13:05:57

At 7/26/12 09:49 AM, J-Rex wrote: I'm not 100% sure if I was but I had a chance to join but finishing people's stories isn't my thing.

We used to be so much more than just finishing someone else's stories. In our earlier days we would start flame wars and constant harassment of single people all around the BBS. The good 'ol days.

Now, it's become more of a social club of sorts, any life in here can only help the rejuvenation of our crew. If you can contribute posts that are constructive to rebuilding of the NG Mafia, you're welcome to stay. If you can't, I await you're departure as I load this shotgun.

Never pick a fight you can't bring a hand grenade to.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2012-07-28 21:33:14

Hello I´m Sirtom93 can I join?

I am Tom Fulp's Frulp, AKA Tom's Frulp.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2012-07-30 21:04:01

At 7/29/12 06:09 AM, Confucianism wrote:
At 7/28/12 09:33 PM, TomsFrulp wrote: Hello IÃf'Ã'´m Sirtom93 can I join?
Generaly what happens is that you are given a kind of trial period to see what kind of a poster/user you are. Then your post count here and it's quality is checked. And then some other things, but you don't need to worry about them. Just be active here and don't be a pillock and we'll see.

Well its good to see some new(er) blood and all but if we really want this place to be active again and encourage others to join who aren't thirteen year old nerds to dumb to read past the first page we should really do something. Stories are nice but the Dramatis Personae is going to be a bit short for a while. I tried to start a discussion about Mob films but apparently nobody gives a damn....

Or perhaps I should of given some examples. I have seen several very interesting films involving the Mafia two of which where different versions of the same event, namely the rise of Jimmy Hoffa. I had wondered why so many Americans seemed to equate Unions (and from a European perspective quite toothless Unions with a very right wing leadership) with organised crime. Thanks to these films I have my answer.

The films where called Hoffa and FIST and for the sake of coherency I'm going to split them up now.

Hoffa starring Jack Nicholson and directed by Danny Devito whom also co stars is a fairly accurate biography of the life of Jimmy Hoffa and his leadership of the Teamsters Union and what obstacles Unions in America faced, greedy bosses, brutal police, strike breakers fears of "Red Infiltration" etc. And how after some Union members where hospitalised and even killed Hoffa turned to the Mafia for help. The acting is great as is the period settings, though some of the riot scenes need work theres a lot of obvious pushing and shoving and arm flailing going on.

What I really liked about Hoffa is that it points out the blatant hypocrisy from the government in particular Bobby Kennedy whose ancestors built the Kennedy fortune on smuggling and bootleg alcohol. It also makes clear that the only reason the Union and the Mob are working together is because it makes good business sense, rather then some strange comic book convergence of evil. By using Mob muscle and contacts they can wage successful strikes to get concessions, and the mob can use membership and donations to invest some of there funds into the Union pension fund to keep it off the radar of the authorities and use the strikes as a cover to pull a number of heists.

Of course it isn't long before both the Union and the Mob make to many powerful enemies and they both start to feel the strain and well the film takes the obvious step of portraying the Hoffa was killed by the Mafia to get him out of the way theory as the truth and to the films credit its framing device manages to keep the hit a surprise.

Now FIST is something special. It was made in 1978 just three years after Hoffa disappeared, and so does that little trick controversial films do by changing some names. Jimmy Hoffa is now Walter Kovak and he's being played by Sylvester Stallone, whom actually manages to act in this film. This was before the Rocky sequels and Rambo (even though his performance in that was a good representation of a burned out and jaded Vet) showed him all he needed to do was grunt and lift weights to earn his paycheck. Anyway the name change also allows them to spice up the details abit more. For starters the Unions name is now Federation of Interstate Truckers (F.I.S.T.) and at several points Kovak actually turns them into an army of street fighters.

And here he actually makes friends with the Mob and uses them to kick start what in real life would be an urban insurrection, including Sniping police (though he did kill first) ambushing scab trucks and beating up local security. Though again the bosses at the factories and police started the violence, Kovak is ambushed and beaten early on purely for trying to get drivers to take FIST leaflets, and several friends where shot for picketing. Although Stallone is doing a good job of acting, he's no Jack Nicholson, so whereas Jack humiliates the pompous offcials and management Stallone just threatens to "Cut of your balls" so basically imagine a proto Rocky leading an army drivers teaming up with Tommy gun toting Gangsters in Fedora's.

It isn't as clever or inciteful as Hoffa but it certainly is entertaining.

NG Mafia

Response to NG Mafia 2012-07-30 21:34:33

At 7/27/12 01:05 PM, Ghost wrote:
At 7/26/12 09:49 AM, J-Rex wrote: I'm not 100% sure if I was but I had a chance to join but finishing people's stories isn't my thing.
We used to be so much more than just finishing someone else's stories. In our earlier days we would start flame wars and constant harassment of single people all around the BBS. The good 'ol days.

Now, it's become more of a social club of sorts, any life in here can only help the rejuvenation of our crew. If you can contribute posts that are constructive to rebuilding of the NG Mafia, you're welcome to stay. If you can't, I await you're departure as I load this shotgun.

What exactly do you want me to post? Do you just want me to stay on topic in here and post regularly so the club can thrive? I'm confused on what exactly your asking.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2012-07-31 10:52:03

At 7/30/12 09:34 PM, J-Rex wrote:

What exactly do you want me to post? Do you just want me to stay on topic in here and post regularly so the club can thrive?

Pretty much thats it yeah. If you need some help getting started we used to come up with what particular role in the family we'd be best at and why. And before you ask no you can't be the Godfather or Underboss, I'm talking about specific roles like smuggling, armed muscle or in my case Interrogation.

Response to NG Mafia 2012-07-31 17:04:39

There's many things I can do to help you guys around here. I think what I can really help out with his any legal issues that may arise in the future. You make a mess and I'll clean it up my friends. I can be a debt collector if need be. Just tell me what to do and consider it done.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2012-07-31 18:03:41

At 7/31/12 05:04 PM, J-Rex wrote: There's many things I can do to help you guys around here. I think what I can really help out with his any legal issues that may arise in the future. You make a mess and I'll clean it up my friends. I can be a debt collector if need be. Just tell me what to do and consider it done.

Thank God, my toilets been backed up for a week now.... Only joking, actually those could work, would be a bit more variety, most people often forget an organised criminal fraternity is more then some brandy drinking cigar smoker in a lounge chair and a dozen thugs in trench coats running around warehouses with sawn off shotguns and vague accents. Go ahead and experiment.

Response to NG Mafia 2012-08-20 17:47:35

Obligatory post.

My bad fam I've been going through some tough shit lately with the loss of a good friend, may he rest peacefully. I know all of you bastards are doing fine, prolly just busy workin since its the end of the summer and all that. I'll be in touch as always when I can, throw a story at you every now and then. Until next time puntas.

NG Mafia

I've evolved.

digi-digi

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2012-08-23 06:24:45

*rustle rustle*
Huh?

What was that...

Thought I heard activity again, stupid brain playin tricks on me.
Musta been a cockaroach.

takes out dusty .45 and starts shooting holes in the walls.

I'll find you ya little bastards.

NG Mafia

I've evolved.

digi-digi

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2012-08-31 15:05:42

At 8/23/12 06:24 AM, Boris-4-U wrote: *rustle rustle*
Huh?

What was that...

Thought I heard activity again, stupid brain playin tricks on me.
Musta been a cockaroach.
takes out dusty .45 and starts shooting holes in the walls.
I'll find you ya little bastards.

Try this.

*Hands Boris some weapons grade uranium*

Now I'm sure I forgot something important about this stuff but I can't for the life of me figure out what...

*Taps uranium against his bare chin then tosses it at cockroach running along the wall*

Meh, probably wasn't that important anyway.
By the way, how y'all doin?

When the hell did I become level 10? I level whilst being completly inactive, that's how much I rock ! ^^

Response to NG Mafia 2012-09-02 10:17:20

At 8/31/12 03:05 PM, Joic wrote: By the way, how y'all doin?

No fucking way you're back.
*slaps the shit outta himself*
Damn man its been too long, been waiting for you to pop back in hah.

Shit i've been good aside from all the bullshit. Imma a bartender now, who would of guessed lol

NG Mafia

I've evolved.

digi-digi

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2012-09-03 04:26:34

Response to NG Mafia 2012-09-14 01:58:30

At 9/2/12 10:17 AM, Boris-4-U wrote: No fucking way you're back.
*slaps the shit outta himself*
Damn man its been too long, been waiting for you to pop back in hah.

Shit i've been good aside from all the bullshit. Imma a bartender now, who would of guessed lol

Well aren't you happy that I made you fetch al that beer for me way back.

I'm proud oif you man keeping this place running must have been hell with almost evryone gone. But then again most of NG seems a little dead. When I saw that you were still here I figured you could use some help and I'm sure that the bullshit will eventualy sort itself out, it mostly does.

So I'm officialy back at the most awesome club on the internet, guess I'll start writing a story about the good old days

When the hell did I become level 10? I level whilst being completly inactive, that's how much I rock ! ^^

Response to NG Mafia 2012-09-14 23:41:31

At 9/14/12 01:58 AM, Joic wrote: I'm proud oif you man keeping this place running must have been hell with almost evryone gone. But then again most of NG seems a little dead. When I saw that you were still here I figured you could use some help and I'm sure that the bullshit will eventualy sort itself out, it mostly does.

Werd, I started goin hard when everything died down and it was just me here for a while, I didn't want la famiglia coming back to a dead club with locks and chains on it so i pumped a lil gas in and been grinding on fuels since. I had too big a place in my chest for this shit to just watch it go under.

So I'm officialy back at the most awesome club on the internet, guess I'll start writing a story about the good old days

that's what the fuck's up

Oh and to Confuc.. I'm not gonna place you in a job, this ain't the army, it's the fucking Mafia. Ask yourself what you can do for us, then get back at me.
I would also suggest changing your sig if you're gonna be posting here more often. That's all, take it or leave.

NG Mafia

I've evolved.

digi-digi

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2012-09-29 11:04:31

So the story is coming along slowly, I've decided to take my time with this one and do it right. It's been a long time since I wrote a story so I'm a little rusty. Don't kill me if it's not my best piece of work.

I should be finished somewhere next week with part 1 so keep your eyes pealed.

Response to NG Mafia 2012-10-26 11:44:11

A beat up coop comes to a halt in front of a bank on a early Monday morning..
The windows start to crack and smoke pours out the side into the sky
[Joic] "Ight yo, just go up in that motherfucker.."
A gun cocks
[Joic] "Grab the motherfuckin money and get outta there!"
[Boris] "Yea yea"
[Joic] "Imma be right here waitin for you."
[Boris] "Ight."
The door opens and the passenger jumps out holding an AK low against his leg.
[Joic] "Yo B!"
[Boris] "Whaaaaat?!"
[Joic] "Don't kill nobody this time!"
[Boris] "naaawww ight.....god fuckin damn."

The doors open and Boris enters whistling a tune with his head low. Only a few costumers fill the lobby.
He walks right up to the counter and is greeted with a smile from the girl behind the desk
[Teller] "Hi can i help you?"
[Boris] "Yes I'd like to make a withdrawal.."
[Teller] "Ok if yo.."
Before she could finish a barrel touched her forehead.
[Boris] "Now put the money in the fucking bag and I won't kill you!" he said low and harshly.
The girls began to shake, she was obviously new as she fumbled to open the draw.
[Teller] "Oh my God please don't kill me..." the girl pleaded as she stuffed money and tears into the bag, she had begun to cry.
[Boris] "I'm not gonna fucking kill you just put the money in the bag. And stop looking around!"

The young girl had just finished putting the last note into the bag when she looked into Boris' eyes and at the rifle pressed to her head.
*BANG!*
[Boris] "Thank you!" Boris yelled as he darted towards the door, people were beginning to shout and take cover as he blew through the doors and dove through the windows into the beat up whip which peeled off soon as he was in.

[Joic] "You fuckin did it again didn't you!"
Joic yelled as Boris rolled on the passenger seat laughing covered in blood.
[Joic] "You gotta stop that shit kid" Joic said as he sparked a clip, "But we got the money so let's go."
[Boris] "Hehehahah!..think that's enough though? Prolly need more he said 50 Mill by tonight.."
[Joic] "We need to make a few more stops, I know a couple places. Makes me wish I would of saved up some money from the ol' days.."
[Boris] "Wouldn't even be in this shit if it were the old days."
[Joic] "Yea shit went downhill, but we can turn this around we just need to grab a little more and then we can talk to him."

A banged up car sped down the block trailing clouds of smoke.

Where all the white women at?

NG Mafia

I've evolved.

digi-digi

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2013-01-02 19:47:30

I heard joke once.

Man goes to doctor, says he's depressed. Life doesn't seem worth it anymore, asks for help.
Doctor says treatment is simple, the great Boris-4-u is in town, he will surely cheer you up for he is awesome.
Man breaks down in tears, shoots doctor in chest, right before he dies man leans in and says.

"But Doc....I am Boris."

Good joke, cue applause, roll credits.

FIN

NG Mafia

I've evolved.

digi-digi

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2013-01-10 12:20:49

Oh look, I'm finally level 10. And it only took me TEN GODDAMN YEARS.

Nice to see this is still going.

Response to NG Mafia 2013-01-15 23:00:05

Any of yous guieses got a fuckin Playstation?

I feel like the dude who played Kenickie' in Grease if ya know what i mean

He's a 30 yr old playing a teenager ahh youll get it someday

NG Mafia

I've evolved.

digi-digi

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2013-01-21 14:55:29

At 1/20/13 04:35 PM, Confucianism wrote:
At 1/20/13 04:33 PM, FistofGreedo wrote: Hello, Can I join Your mafia?
Ah-ha... No.

How about someone with skill, passion, and a cat?