New Topic Respond to this Topic
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jun. 21st, 2012 @ 11:08 AM Reply

At 6/20/12 10:01 AM, SineRider wrote: Well to be fair the game was rushed out the door and there was a ton of cut content. I kind of like how it goes bat-shit insane though, I can't think of many other games that can pull it off besides maybe a Suda51 game.

The only bright side to it is the AI Colonel. Since we're still talking about MGS, I've considered playing MGS3 again, even though I already played all four games last year. I'd say the game is deserving of a HD upgrade and move away from the PS2 discs.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jun. 21st, 2012 @ 11:45 AM Reply

At 6/21/12 11:08 AM, Bahamut wrote: I've considered playing MGS3 again, even though I already played all four games last year. I'd say the game is deserving of a HD upgrade and move away from the PS2 discs.

I thought about buying the HD remake, mainly because it has the original Metal Gear games. I don't really think MGS2 or 3 look bad enough to justify me spending that much on HD remakes though. I'd buy that HD collection just for the games I've not played. Shame it still sells for a fair bit though.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jun. 21st, 2012 @ 11:58 AM Reply

At 6/21/12 11:45 AM, Dean wrote: I thought about buying the HD remake, mainly because it has the original Metal Gear games. I don't really think MGS2 or 3 look bad enough to justify me spending that much on HD remakes though. I'd buy that HD collection just for the games I've not played. Shame it still sells for a fair bit though.

I don't think it's worth getting just for Metal Gear 1 & 2. Keep in mind the HD collection has the substance/subsistence versions too though so it does have a lot of extra content (the skateboard missions in MGS2: Substance seem to be absent though, which sucks). Plus Peace Walker is pretty good.

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jun. 21st, 2012 @ 05:23 PM Reply

I got the MGS HD Collection for Christmas last year and it's pretty awesome. To be honest it's not a huge difference for MGS3 because that game already looked great on the PS2. But it really works well for MGS2, the game looks absolutely brilliant compared to the original version.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to really get into Peace Walker, the shooting mechanics and cutscenes' style just really throw me off. I couldn't really play for more than an hour or two before having to quit. It's the same problem I had with Metroid Prime; I'm sure it's good, I just can't get into it.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jun. 21st, 2012 @ 06:59 PM Reply

Well, that's MGS3 completed. Wish I could move onto MGS4 but I don't think I'll ever get that chance now that I don't have my PS3.

Not sure what to play next.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jun. 23rd, 2012 @ 02:20 PM Reply

Is it me or is Sonic CD the easiest game in the series? I've only played the classic 16-bit stuff so my knowledge on later Sonic games is rather limited. I picked up Sonic CD on PSN last night after seeing it for only £2. Fun game and all and I never recalled a Sonic game performing that fast but I felt the Robotnik battles were lacking, especially the earlier ones. Oh well, at least this is a video game that I actually went through instead of giving it up after 30 minutes.

Formerly Bahamut

Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jun. 23rd, 2012 @ 08:26 PM Reply

At 6/23/12 02:20 PM, Bahamut wrote: Is it me or is Sonic CD the easiest game in the series? I've only played the classic 16-bit stuff so my knowledge on later Sonic games is rather limited. I picked up Sonic CD on PSN last night after seeing it for only Ã'£2. Fun game and all and I never recalled a Sonic game performing that fast but I felt the Robotnik battles were lacking, especially the earlier ones. Oh well, at least this is a video game that I actually went through instead of giving it up after 30 minutes.

I've always wanted to give that game a try but I never got the chance since I didn't own a Sega CD as a kid, and I still haven't come across one at a reasonable price.

For that cheap, perhaps I'll actually end up resorting to using PSN to play an old game for once. It wouldn't be as nice as having the physical game, but I suppose it would be better than paying for both the Sega CD and game.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jun. 24th, 2012 @ 09:00 AM Reply

At 6/23/12 08:26 PM, Oolaph wrote: For that cheap, perhaps I'll actually end up resorting to using PSN to play an old game for once. It wouldn't be as nice as having the physical game, but I suppose it would be better than paying for both the Sega CD and game.

I have bought a fair amount of old games from PSN and Virtual Console but for Sonic CD, you should make that rare exception. There was a few things I wanted on the Sega CD such as Another World II and the extended edition of Ecco the Dolphin but I wasn't wanting to get a Sega CD just for them. I really do hope they consider re-releases such as them two on the downloadable services.

Formerly Bahamut

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jun. 25th, 2012 @ 01:57 PM Reply

Maybe some of you guys can help me out. I'm looking for some RPGs, primarily for Xbox 360 or PS2. There's a few that I've been looking into, like the .hack series but it's expensive to get a hold of unfortunately. I liked the concept of that series so it's a shame I'll probably never get a chance to play them.

But yea, if you guys have some recommendations I'd appreciate it. I was about to write a "wishlist" of games to look out for but as soon as I started my mind went blank. Cheaper games are preferred but if it's expensive and pretty epic, I'll add it to my list.

BBS Signature
phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jun. 25th, 2012 @ 03:24 PM Reply

I should really use this thread more often

At 6/25/12 01:57 PM, Dean wrote: But yea, if you guys have some recommendations I'd appreciate it. I was about to write a "wishlist" of games to look out for but as soon as I started my mind went blank. Cheaper games are preferred but if it's expensive and pretty epic, I'll add it to my list.

No doubt you've played all the FF games.
Dragon Quest VIII was good fun, seeing as I don't usually enjoy RPGs
Kingdom Hearts II was fucking great too.

As for RPGs on the 360, For the love of god Dean get Dark Souls. There was not a single game in 2011 I enjoyed more than that, including Skyrim.

Doubtless you've heard tales of it's savagery, but they're absolutely unfounded. All that is required is patience. From each slip-up you improve.
In fact, it's one of the few games that get's vastly easier as you play it.
There is not a single game on the planet that provides a more rewarding experience.

Also, incase you didn't see it in the other thread

You should give NV another shot. I hated it at first and sold it, but when I got back into it I really enjoyed it. The quests have way more freedom, and it played more like an RPG. You also get a much larger variety of choices

Seriously Dean, do yourself a favour and get the GOTY edition, it's real cheap.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jun. 25th, 2012 @ 03:31 PM Reply

At 6/25/12 03:24 PM, phrozonfire wrote: No doubt you've played all the FF games.

Actually, X is really the only one I've played. Just bought a copy of X-2 and XII on eBay 5 minutes ago, despite people telling me they're shit. They'll probably be worth the £7 it cost me if I ever get around to playing them.

Dragon Quest VIII was good fun, seeing as I don't usually enjoy RPGs

Been waiting on a chance to get this game cheap. It's actually the game I currently want most of all.

Kingdom Hearts II was fucking great too.

Never played Kingdom Hearts so I'll stick that on my list.

Dark Souls

Was looking at that earlier too. A combination of the price and difficulty is what put me off in the end. If I can get a copy cheap enough though I'd definitely be interested in trying it out.

Funnily enough I was looking at the Ultimate Edition of New Vegas earlier as well. I'd like to get back into it but what I didn't like about that game was the split story paths. I don't like replaying games soon after I beat it, yet I'd want to see all the endings. It's just annoying that they didn't go for one longer storyline as oppose to giving you the option of several paths like that.

But yea, thanks for the input. So glad to hear that Dragon Quest VIII is great. Definitely keeping my eye on that one.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jun. 27th, 2012 @ 05:36 PM Reply

I knew I should never have deposited my cash into my bank account because now I've been on an eBay spree again. I always end up thinking "should I be spending this money on games?" but then when I think about it, I have nothing to spend money on right now, so games it is.

Bought the following games:

Final Fantasy X-2 (PS2)
Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
Street Fighter IV (Xbox 360)
Global Gladiators (Master System)
Super Monaco GP2 (Master System)
Global Defence (Master System)
Putt & Putter (Master System)
Rastan (Master System)
Spider-man (Master System)
The Ninja (Master System)
Super Kick Off (Master System)

The Master System games came as two auctions of four games, but I'm not sure if they come with the manuals or not. Not too bothered because the majority of my Master System games have no manuals anyway.

I think all those games cost me about £26 including postage which isn't bad in my opinion. Eleven games for just over half the retail price of a 360 game. I can live with that.

Nice to add more more games to my Master System collection too, although I now have two copies of The Ninja. Also have two copies of Sega Rally for the Saturn. Not sure if I'd get anything if I were to stick them on eBay. Pretty common titles. Might be worth a shot if I they have a free insertion weekend sometime soon.

BBS Signature
DaSeriousTurtle
DaSeriousTurtle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Game Developer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jun. 29th, 2012 @ 01:24 PM Reply

I just picked up a couple of games at the store.
I got:
-Devil May Cry
-Devil May Cry 2
-Ratchet and Clank (original)

All for the PS2

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jun. 29th, 2012 @ 01:35 PM Reply

At 6/29/12 01:24 PM, YoDudle wrote: -Devil May Cry
-Devil May Cry 2

Ever played them before? I've been meaning to play them for years. The guy who lives across the road from me used to always tell me how amazing they were but for one reason or another, I've always neglected the series. I hear they have a HD remake coming soon too.

Also picked up another couple games from eBay this morning:

Master of Darkness (Master System) - It was listed as rare but I doubt it is. Still, got it for £2.70 which isn't bad. For Master System and Mega Drive games I try to hold a rule of not paying more than £3 per game. After watching some gameplay footage, it actually looks quite impressive compared to a lot of Master System games.

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of The Cursed King (PS2) - I paid a fair bit more for this game than it typically sells for, but it is coming with the official strategy guide which I feel made it worth the money. It's one of the Piggyback guide books and if the one they did for FFX is anything to go by, it will be awesome. Paid £11 for that. Maybe a bit steep, but I'd like to add more strategy guides to my collection. It's also meant to be an awesome game and I think IGN have it near the top of their best PS2 games list.

BBS Signature
phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jun. 29th, 2012 @ 03:10 PM Reply

-Devil May Cry 2
Not getting DMC3, the best one in the entire series.
What

Seriously though get 3, 2 is an abomination.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jun. 29th, 2012 @ 03:12 PM Reply

At 6/29/12 01:35 PM, Dean wrote: Ever played them before? I've been meaning to play them for years. The guy who lives across the road from me used to always tell me how amazing they were but for one reason or another, I've always neglected the series. I hear they have a HD remake coming soon too.

Lawd forgive me for this double post.

The HD Collection's been out for quite a while bro.
Definitely worth a play (except the 2nd game), though be warned they are hard as balls.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jun. 29th, 2012 @ 03:20 PM Reply

At 6/29/12 03:12 PM, phrozonfire wrote: The HD Collection's been out for quite a while bro.

lol I'm slippin. I just remember looking at the MGS HD collection a while back on Amazon and spotted the Devil May Cry HD collection listed as a pre-order. Didn't think it was so long ago that I noticed it. Looks like it might fall to a price that more in my budget sometime soon, seeing as it's selling for about £23 just now. Cheaper getting the original version and they probably look alright anyway.

BBS Signature
DaSeriousTurtle
DaSeriousTurtle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Game Developer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jun. 30th, 2012 @ 12:54 PM Reply

At 6/29/12 01:35 PM, Dean wrote:
-Devil May Cry 2
Ever played them before? I've been meaning to play them for years. The guy who lives across the road from me used to always tell me how amazing they were but for one reason or another, I've always neglected the series. I hear they have a HD remake coming soon too.

Also picked up another couple games from eBay this morning:

Master of Darkness (Master System) - It was listed as rare but I doubt it is. Still, got it for Ã'£2.70 which isn't bad. For Master System and Mega Drive games I try to hold a rule of not paying more than Ã'£3 per game. After watching some gameplay footage, it actually looks quite impressive compared to a lot of Master System games.

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of The Cursed King (PS2) - I paid a fair bit more for this game than it typically sells for, but it is coming with the official strategy guide which I feel made it worth the money. It's one of the Piggyback guide books and if the one they did for FFX is anything to go by, it will be awesome. Paid Ã'£11 for that. Maybe a bit steep, but I'd like to add more strategy guides to my collection. It's also meant to be an awesome game and I think IGN have it near the top of their best PS2 games list.

I havn't played Devil May Cry yet but when I do I could tell you about it.
I got Dragon Quest VIII not to long ago. I havn't played it yet either but I think I'm going to after I finish one of the games I'm currently playing. I got it in near perfect condition with the Final fantasy demo and everything so I'm pretty happy about that.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jun. 30th, 2012 @ 02:30 PM Reply

At 6/30/12 12:54 PM, YoDudle wrote: I havn't played Devil May Cry yet but when I do I could tell you about it.

Sure thing. It always interests me to hear opinions on a game series that I've never played.

I got Dragon Quest VIII not to long ago. I havn't played it yet either but I think I'm going to after I finish one of the games I'm currently playing. I got it in near perfect condition with the Final fantasy demo and everything so I'm pretty happy about that.

Yea, that's cool. I'd read before that Dragon Quest VIII came with the FF XII demo. At least I think it was XII. I think that was only the North American releases though. I don't think PAL regions got that demo disc. In fact, I think that's the first Dragon Quest game to be released in the PAL regions here because they don't refer to it as Dragon Quest VIII here. They Drop the VIII and just call it Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed Kind. Dragon Quest was around in North America before VIII but it was named something different. I think the previous releases were known as Dragon Warrior.

All my eBay orders have now been dispatched with the exception of Dragon Quest. Doesn't bother me too much though because it will be a while before I get around to playing it. I think I've found myself a new favourite series and I want to play through it all. I'm referring to Star Ocean.

I can't imagine too many of you will have played the original Star Ocean. It was only released in Japan until recently when we got a PSP remake. I've been told that the first is really lacking in comparison to the second game, but I think the first game has been really awesome so far. It's the first game to engross me like this for a long time. I actually want to play it as oppose to just rush my way through it. It's a feeling that I've not had for some time.

I just love everything about this game. It's nice to look at, a lot of the dialogue has voice acting which is cool and the anime cut scenes are pretty nice to watch although they're fairly short and far between. I'd also even go as far to say that the music is pretty well done and that's not something I usually notice in games. It just feels so advanced compared to any other RPGs I've played from it's time (1996) although I've not played too many, so it possibly isn't anything special in that sense. Also have to take into account that it is a remake so it probably has some stuff that the original Jap release didn't.

Really looking forward to see what the second title has to offer when I get around to it. I also have the third game on PS2 and once I get some more money I'll be trying to get a copy of The Last Hope on the 360.

Anyone played Star Ocean?

BBS Signature
DaSeriousTurtle
DaSeriousTurtle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Game Developer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jun. 30th, 2012 @ 05:01 PM Reply

At 6/29/12 03:10 PM, phrozonfire wrote:
-Devil May Cry 2
Not getting DMC3, the best one in the entire series.
What
Seriously though get 3, 2 is an abomination.

I wish I knew 3 was the best. There was a copy there. I'll have to get it later when I have enough money.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jun. 30th, 2012 @ 10:05 PM Reply

I got Unreal Tournament 3 for FOUR FREAKING BUCKS. And it rocks.

Also, I accidentally bought a PS3 game. thought it was for 360. derp. It was only 5 bucks, though, so it's cool.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jul. 1st, 2012 @ 08:51 AM Reply

Got a metallic gold dual shock the other day. Traded some games that I've plat'd so it was only £17.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jul. 1st, 2012 @ 09:17 AM Reply

At 7/1/12 12:37 AM, Hycran wrote: I won a free copy of FFXIII-2 from a Neogaf contest, but i've been playing the original warcraft instead...
another game off the backlog i suppose...

Free games are always good and as a matter of fact, winning FFXIII-2 from a contest is one way for me to actually play it. I was able to borrow FFXIII so I thankfully didn't pay any money for that. I shouldn't ever get desperate enough to go all my way to buy FFXIII-2.

Formerly Bahamut

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jul. 1st, 2012 @ 07:02 PM Reply

It looks like my phase of not being able to play games without getting bored is beyond me. Looking back, I've beat a fair few titles this summer already:

Eternal Sonata, XIII, Skyrim, Star Fox Adventures, Metal Gear Solid 1-3, Far Cry 2 and I'm almost done with Star Ocean.

That's more games than I'd usually beat in a year, never mind in under two months!

It's nice to be able to play games and actually enjoy them again. Before it always felt like I was just playing games to complete them and check them off my list.

Still thoroughly enjoying Star Ocean. Even been doing some of the optional/secret dungeons which is a sign that I'm into a game. If I'm not enjoying a game I'll do the bare minimum to try and beat it. Love this game so much that I even got a snazzy new sig, courtesy of Highway!

I'm hoping that at least one of my eBay packages arrives tomorrow as well. Most likely FF XII will come since it was posted on Thursday. If I'm lucky, most of my Master System games might arrive too. Dragon Quest still hasn't been marked as dispatched, unfortunately.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jul. 2nd, 2012 @ 10:04 AM Reply

Postman brought me some parcels this morning <3

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jul. 2nd, 2012 @ 11:12 AM Reply

At 7/2/12 10:04 AM, Dean wrote: Postman brought me some parcels this morning <3

Despite FFX-2 and XII, if you actually go through all those games sometime over this month or two, then I can easily say you're more of a gamer than I am. Some games I buy only for them to be collecting dust for years. I'd say I've kept it manageable for my PS3 games, though. I have some Uncharted games to play and may as well give the Need for Speed games a chance seeing as my future brother-in-law was entitled to one free game from EA every month (not anymore since he's now working for another company).

Formerly Bahamut

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jul. 2nd, 2012 @ 11:35 AM Reply

At 7/2/12 11:12 AM, Bahamut wrote: Some games I buy only for them to be collecting dust for years.

Yea, I'm not going to lie, that happens with a lot of the retro games I buy. I mainly just by them because I like collecting games. I do play them all so that I can get a feel for them, but it's rare for me to complete older titles. They rely too much on difficulty and memorising when and where enemies will come from. You die a lot and since you can't save on these games, that means you're going to have seen the first level a gazillion times by the time you complete a game.

Still, although they're hard, they're fun if you're looking to just sit down and get straight into some difficult action.

Global Defense for example is hard. It controls quite badly for a start, seeing as it's a port of an arcade game that you originally played with a joystick and trackball. It's a side scrolling shoot-em-up type thing but you have to hold B and press the directional buttons if you want to move the ship and A to fire (or vice versa). But even the shooting isn't easy. It doesn't shoot straight forward like your typical shoot-em-up. There's an aiming recital on the screen that you have to move over an enemy and then shoot. Basically means you can't really move and shoot at the same time.

Some gameplay if I didn't make much sense.

I am working on completing as many games as I can this summer. If any of you guys have a Backloggery profile (great way of keeping track of what games you've still to beat) add me to your multitap. My profile page.

I should be done with Star Ocean today. Then I'll go back and have another shot at the boss I'm stuck on in FFX. Failing that, I'll either move onto Star Ocean: Second Evolution or Dragon Quest VIII if it arrives...

BBS Signature
phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 04:20 AM Reply

I want to get Spec-Ops just because of the loading screens, but I'll not pay £40 for another Cover-based shooter

I tried the Resident Evil 6 demo, and I feel conflicted.

The Leon Section was very dull, with the only scare being a lame jump scare. Also, nothing fucking happened. Pacing was waaay off.
The Chris section was very 3rd person shooter for my liking, and not in a good way.

Surprisingly, I found the Jake section to be the best. It had good pacing, and felt the most like Resi 4.

The Combat has been vastly improved, and not at all lessened by the ability to shoot and aim. Melee no longer has you fumbling around waiting for enemies to walk into your knife while you slash their knees, but the context sensitive actions like kicks to the face or headstomps are there.

The shooting feels a little unsatisfactory due to there being little sense of impact when you shoot an enemy. This rather irritates me as I loved the little differences in animation that occurred in the prior games, such as them collapsing when you shoot them in the knee.

You cannot pause the game, the inventory/start menus are integrated into the HUD.

Enemy design is really fucking good this time round. The way enemies transform on the fly into a bunch of crazy creatures (sprouting wings/huge fucking hulk arms) is pretty cool, keeps combat interesting rather than shooting static enemies. They are not very smart though, it must be said.

Leon seems pretty dumb this time round, and he didn't have any wisecracks.

I'm willing to waive the disappointments of the game since it still has a year of development.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 04:26 AM Reply

At 7/4/12 04:20 AM, phrozonfire wrote: I want to get Spec-Ops just because of the loading screens, but I'll not pay Ã'£40 for another Cover-based shooter

Each chapter has its own loading screen. Some of those I never saw because I didn't die during those chapters.

It's not "another cover-based shooter". Spec Ops is a story that has you shooting at bad guys in a cool environment so they can call it a game. Not worth full price, but rent it or something. Play through the 6 hour campaign and be done with it. It's a great game to play once.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 03:11 PM Reply

I hate when something like this happens. You're playing a game and everything is going well. You've made reasonable progress and are enjoying things then wham! Out of the blue comes some way overpowered boss that insanely tougher or more challenging than anything you've had to face before. It just kills my whole motivation to keep playing.

BBS Signature