00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

babydash65 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why do you Hate Rap?

6,103 Views | 137 Replies

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-05 10:07:45

I hate rap because it has no meaning. Usually it's just about fucking women and other bullshit that nobody wants to hear, it just makes no sense.

It takes no talent. Anybody can rap, just most people with talent rather not do it because they realize how idiotic it is.

Not to mention as well, it's just one beat, and music like that just isn't alive, which menas you can't really "feel" it. So there you go, makes no sense, takes no talent and sounds like shit.

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-05 10:08:25

At 8/5/09 10:04 AM, Excursius wrote: see, there's this thingy called an oppinion, I have one.

Yeah but when you say stupid shit like "that sums up all rap right there" it just shows how uninformed your opinion actually is. So yeah, you can have an opinion, sure, great, but just having one doesn't mean its actually worth anything if you don't actually know what you're talking about.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-05 10:12:09

At 8/5/09 10:07 AM, mothballs wrote: It takes no talent. Anybody can rap, just most people with talent rather not do it because they realize how idiotic it is.

^ An example of another uninformed, moronic opinion.

The same stupid "it takes no talent" argument can be made about ANYTHING.

"Anybody can write."

"Anybody can tell a story."

"Anybody can sing."

"Anybody can draw."

"Anybody can animate."

"Anybody can do [WHATEVER]."

...the funny thing is, it's true, but what you boneheads seem to not understand is that there's a difference between just doing something, and doing something well.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-05 10:23:17

At 8/5/09 10:08 AM, StephanosGnomon wrote:
At 8/5/09 10:04 AM, Excursius wrote: see, there's this thingy called an oppinion, I have one.
Yeah but when you say stupid shit like "that sums up all rap right there" it just shows how uninformed your opinion actually is. So yeah, you can have an opinion, sure, great, but just having one doesn't mean its actually worth anything if you don't actually know what you're talking about.

well, I've heard many many rap artists, while at my friends place. over about 100 songs until I just quit going to his house and got a 360 for myself, and it was all either about fucking a whore, shooting someone, stealing stuff. strange thing is, back a while ago when rap first came out, it was actualy kinda good, but now it's just about sex killing and stealing.and If I checked right, the only part I was missing in my song was killing someone, so I got stealing and sex. (i think.) but that's just IMO. I will not listen to it, and everyone will not talk to me trying to get me to listen to it, and I will be fine. not going to argue any more with you, because you are a mod, and that means you can lock and ban for your reasons. bye.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-05 10:26:55

At 8/2/09 04:08 PM, chrisG755 wrote: German hip hop, is the best, its so.. cool.

No. Just no.

ORLY?

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-05 10:31:34

Why Do You Hate Rap?

For the same reasons I hate life; It's to short, it sucks and there's to many white people in it.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-05 10:31:58

At 8/5/09 10:23 AM, Excursius wrote: well, I've heard many many rap artists, while at my friends place. over about 100 songs until I just quit going to his house and got a 360 for myself, and it was all either about fucking a whore, shooting someone, stealing stuff.

Then your friend has shitty taste, what else can I say... other than "not all rap is like that", and in fact, MOST of it isn't.

not going to argue any more with you, because you are a mod, and that means you can lock and ban for your reasons. bye.

Pfff whatever, I'm not some prick that bans people just for disagreeing with me. That isn't going to stop me from telling you if and why I think your opinion is a stupid one though.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-05 10:33:43

i can respect it as another form of ...audio expression? i cannot really call it music... but, its not my cup of tea. Usually has no melody - just doesnt feel musical...

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-05 10:35:10

Rap is a disgrace to audio. I wouldn't even go so far to call it music.

Join chat | In Obscurity Forever.| Least noticed user '13? Vote for me!

Sig by Me.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-05 10:37:07

The main reason I hate rap is because too often are the songs annoying, repetitive and make no sense what so ever. Don't get me wrong, I've found myself liking a few rap songs, however it's because they were actually worked on and refined.

To make it short, many rappers now of days just aren't making decent songs, instead filling them with useless wording to try and make it sound like music and it isn't. Then again, they've been inflated by the masses and people will still continue to pay for the tasteless crap.

Respect, it's what I do...Then again, so is UberCream's job.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-05 10:55:08

At 8/5/09 10:31 AM, StephanosGnomon wrote:
At 8/5/09 10:23 AM, Excursius wrote: well, I've heard many many rap artists, while at my friends place. over about 100 songs until I just quit going to his house and got a 360 for myself, and it was all either about fucking a whore, shooting someone, stealing stuff.
Then your friend has shitty taste, what else can I say... other than "not all rap is like that", and in fact, MOST of it isn't.

well, I just don't like it much either, maybe because of him, but probably not. I like rock and stuff, not rap. rap just isn't really my thing. everyone around me listens to it, and you know what else? I learned from this very site that one of the greatest rappers in the world is white, and the best golfer is black. eh hem. but no offense to people who like it. you can like it, I just don't.

not going to argue any more with you, because you are a mod, and that means you can lock and ban for your reasons. bye.
Pfff whatever, I'm not some prick that bans people just for disagreeing with me. That isn't going to stop me from telling you if and why I think your opinion is a stupid one though.

well, I'm just saying, I don't know you, havn't seen locks and bans by you so I'm just being careful since yesterday when poozy banned me. opinions can't really be stupid, because they are opinions. you would have to have that person's brain to know why they have that particular opinion and then justify it by saying it's stupid, not just assumuion you know why they like / dislike something. AND, your opinion about my opinion doesn't really effect how my opinion will be. it's just one more person not liking it and saying it's stupid for little reason with any solid information. and if you think that I'm using big words to try and confuse you, you're wrong, it's because I am actualy having an intelligent conversation with an intellegent person on NG. holy fuck, inorite? I don't really want to argue anymore. it's just going to come down to us saying; you're stupid. no, you're stupid. NOOO YOU'RE STUPID. then NG will have lost one more smart person to my stupid arguments. do not want.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-05 10:56:27

At 8/5/09 10:07 AM, mothballs wrote: I hate rap because it has no meaning. Usually it's just about fucking women and other bullshit that nobody wants to hear, it just makes no sense.

It takes no talent. Anybody can rap, just most people with talent rather not do it because they realize how idiotic it is.

Not to mention as well, it's just one beat, and music like that just isn't alive, which menas you can't really "feel" it. So there you go, makes no sense, takes no talent and sounds like shit.

Tell me how rap takes no skill itself? I mean I've played in a band before and learned piano and all I keep seeing is the same old crap from metalheads "oh this takes so much skill we're so much better then your genre" is largely overrated, in real life it takes a mere week to learn to play guitar and drums probably even less. Anyone can rock there. Singing? Anyone can sing.

rap is more about the lyrics and how they go with each other rather then voice like singing. In singing you can pronounce a note longer and your singing just has to go with the band, rhyming is optional.

as for lyrics, well if you only listen to mainstream it could be, but for real it isn't, some rappers aren't even gangster rappers some even hate the gangster image (though I find them repulsive as there lyrics are less meaningful then the people there insulting) there are even sci-fi rappers. As for gangster rappers, I'd say about what, all of them talk about the pain? Sooner or later even the most D-bag of rappers make songs of the pain they have. ( http://www.mtv.com/videos/ti/342507/dead -and-gone.jhtml )

I would love to see a guy who loves Beethoven just go upto you guys and call metal "a talentless piece of shit"

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-05 11:44:16

I love rap, Until a few monthes ago i disliked it simply because I couldnt listen to much rap without just thinking this is shit. But Lil Wayne and Ice Cube grew on me then gradually i just started listening to much more rap music until now i hardly ever listen to the music i used to listen to, Arctic Monkeys/Beatles/Kasabian.
I think half the reason alot of people dont like rap music on here is because they just dont want to like it because they're against what they think rap represents.

No one on the corner has swagga like us

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-05 12:13:59

I don't have a fucking clue if I've posted in this thread before - I mean, we get so many "Rap sux 8===D" threads that it's un-fucking-believable. I don't hate rap, in fact, I praise it unless if it's some shit about kissing people "thru" the phone.

| Facebook | last.fm | Steam |

it's just diana ross slowed down 11/10 it's fuckin awful

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-05 12:16:51

the only rap song i like is "cant touch this"

STOP! HAMMER TIME!

NORMIES GET THE FUCK OFF MY FORUM

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-05 12:20:20

At 8/2/09 04:05 PM, chrisG755 wrote: It just gets boring :):):)

the only rap i listen to is in German.

I don't like rap because it has or less instrumental or not original instrumental. And I just don't appreciate it anyway, it doesn't create a positive emotion in me, and that's important :3

Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-06 05:59:29

Some people say it takes less, skill, but i dunno, there is still a lot of work behind the scenes with rappers, usually not by the rappers.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Clan | Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-06 07:26:43

Rap sucks... there just isn't anything more to say

a day without blood is like a day without sunshine!