00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

B0ss3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why do you Hate Rap?

6,091 Views | 137 Replies

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-03 00:50:34

Because almost every song sounds the same.

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-03 00:55:40

Why does anyone care?

Listen to whatever the fuck you want to listen to, and stop trying to force other people to agree with your worthless opinion.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-03 00:56:48

At 8/2/09 04:10 PM, SupraAddict wrote:
At 8/2/09 04:05 PM, chrisG755 wrote: It just gets boring :):):)

the only rap i listen to is in German.
I like rap because it gives a story better than most every other music genre, and it has just a great feeling to it, that it gets me pumped up! Immortal Technique forever, bitches!

Led Zeppelin always tells a story in their songs.

That is why they are the best band in the omniverse.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-03 00:56:49

At 8/3/09 12:54 AM, MikauZora wrote: I hate rap because it's just a beat with some crappy rhyming. Reminds me of screamo where it's just nothing but screaming no one can understand.
Power Metal is the way to go.

Power Metal=Screamo(imo)

Bouncin' all around the world, I'm a little bunny...rabbit. You want my dick? Come grab it.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-03 00:58:02

Ah at first I thought you said rape.

Anyways, I hate rap because most of the time the vocal range is very minimum, the lyrics are slurred and retarded, and most rap songs just sound the same as the one next to it. I do/did like Eminem, but no one else.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-03 01:02:00

At 8/3/09 12:56 AM, Rutz wrote: Power Metal=Screamo(imo)

Power metal
Screamo
Wut you talkin' bout?

Hey yo

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-03 01:17:29

Hip Hop music is the best, I mean, there is a lot of shit out there that is polluting the culture. A lot of people say it talks about guns,drugs,bitches... But c'mon now don't a lot of rock songs have those influences in them?

Stupid reason, because there are plenty of other artists with else to say... From the old skool groups, underground groups, and yes I'm sure there are new guys with lots to say besides glorifying the prison, slum culture.

There was a point when the money, hoes and clothes had meaning, but now it's just a gimmick really....

You can find a lot of good artists on sites like ughh.com if you are curious.

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-03 01:21:20

all the rap you hear today is the same shit over and over

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-03 01:29:44

same reason i hate everything else - noisy.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-03 01:31:32

At 8/3/09 01:29 AM, satanbrain wrote: same reason i hate everything else - noisy.

not to mention it's all annoying as hell

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-03 01:41:56

i like it when rap is used in different genre's.
not to much, not to little.

first example that I could think of

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-03 01:43:37

rap sucks donkey balls

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-03 01:45:06

At 8/3/09 01:41 AM, EmoPinata wrote: i like it when rap is used in different genre's.

FIXED MOTHERFUCKER

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-03 01:54:40

At 8/3/09 01:45 AM, EmoPinata wrote:
At 8/3/09 01:41 AM, EmoPinata wrote: i like it when rap is used in different genre's.
FIXED MOTHERFUCKER

wow

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-03 02:04:55

At 8/3/09 01:54 AM, Dangerous-D wrote:
At 8/3/09 01:45 AM, EmoPinata wrote:
FIXED MOTHERFUCKER
wow

I used to know i guy who ONLY listened to slipknot.
it was fucking annoying.

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-03 02:11:31

Eminem is my hero. I don't give a fuck what you say.

Sometimes i dont even understand what im saying..?!?!?!?.?..!?.?

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-03 02:31:45

At 8/3/09 12:47 AM, wtfyourface wrote: I don't hate rap. I don't hate any genre of music, as I'm not a close-minded fuck. Thanks.

ily

seriously, i hate kids that ignore entire genres. rap is just the same as every other genre, in that it has good and bad. i.e. rock has nickelback, rap has black eyed peas. but there's great stuff out there, like madlib, MF DOOM, N.W.A, and a tribe called quest

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-03 02:36:55

At 8/3/09 12:54 AM, MikauZora wrote: I hate rap because it's just a beat with some crappy rhyming. Reminds me of screamo where it's just nothing but screaming no one can understand.
Power Metal is the way to go.

Villain man never ran with krills in his hand and
Won't stop rockin' til he clocked in a gazillion grand
Tillin' the wasteland sands
Raps on backs of treasure maps stacks to the ceilin' fan
He rest when he's ashes
Ask em after ten miles of his goulashes, smashes stashes
Chip on his shoulder with a slip on holster..
A clip, a folder and his grip on a boulder bolster
They supposed ta know. It show when his aura glow
Get from out the row, when he get dough it's horrible
Time is money spend way save invest the fess
From ten case of cave with chicken chest S
Yes ya'll the dub will get your trickles
The best ballers pitch in to rub and get a nickels
But tut tut, he about to change the price again
It go up each time, he blow up like hydrogen
Villain here, have em shrillin' in fear
And won't stop top illin' til he a gazillionaire
Grillin' stare, yeah ya boy had drama
Got em on a mental plane, avoided bad karma
Once sold a inbred skinhead a n---- joke
Plus a brand new chrome smokin' with the triggers broke
I thought I told em "firing pins was separate"
He find out later when he tries to go an rep it
Took a Jehovah money for a Arabic Torah
Charged an advance to translate it and ignored it, sorta
One monkey don't stop no slaughter
A junkie want ta cop a quarter ton, run for the border
Know the drill, it ain't worth the overkill

find a power metal song with better rhymes than this

and you're ridic if you think rap's production is just beats. for proof of what i'm saying, listen to kanye west's graduation and late registration.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-03 02:49:21

I personally like rock and metal but there are some good rap songs but some that are coming out now are kind of stupid and don't really make any sence.

BeSURETODRINK

YOUROVALTINE

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-03 05:31:24

At 8/2/09 05:03 PM, NeverHundred wrote:
At 8/2/09 04:05 PM, chrisG755 wrote: It just gets boring :):):)

the only rap i listen to is in German.
I actually know a lot of people who will only listen to rap if it's in other languages.

Yeah, i do, ive been totally obsessed with German rap lately, you can pick out words and can tellb they still talk about Gansta crap, and swear, and talk about "yo"omies beetcheezes!"
But all in all, they just sound cooler, rapping in a different language is different in rap, in German the pronunciation of certain words can be so complex, it seems nice to hear sumthin different to the usual usual "im gansta, i'll pop you fuck u" lyrics.
Its harder. If English speaking rappers tried to rap in German to a beat, they'd have a lot of hard trouble!

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Clan | Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-03 05:35:35

I don't hate rap, I hate record companies. They only give contracts to f*ckin womanizing, ignorant morons who have absolutely no talent. Because of this, almost every sing song is about exactly the same thing.

They need to start looking for people who actually know what they are doing.

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-03 05:35:44

I don't hate rap.

Just the dumb 10 year-olds who think that the rap now is the shit.

"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-03 05:41:40

all rap is is swearing and rhyming most of the time, any idiot can do that

*starts flame war*

hai, i'm bruno. ;3

"hey vegeta what does the scouter say about my post count" "ITS UNDER NINE-THOUSAAAAAAAAND gamertag: gamertag4317805

steamID: Cobra comander

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-03 05:45:51

At 8/3/09 12:55 AM, Sinitech wrote: Why does anyone care?

Listen to whatever the fuck you want to listen to, and stop trying to force other people to agree with your worthless opinion.

Hey man, I'm not trying to change anyones opinion, the truth is i like rap, i have a problem with kids like myself getting caught up into sterotypes where they listen to it cause it makes them "hard, Gangsta" whatever, ive always tried to pull away from that i love both Metal "Slipknot, Trivium, BFMV".

But im also down with many rappers on NG, and more than anything else German Rappers my favorite being "MC Bogy" hehe, mainly for the pronunciation, and also, you cant find rappers that speak English that people have heard of who aren't called, Lil Wayne Snoop Dog, Xzibit.

Anyway, if i made a thread entitled "Why do you love Rap?" im ethier gunna get little response, or a huge flaming thread, which gets lock and people get banned.

Rap is so.. stereotypical with Rude words, Hoes, Bitches, and the "N" word that people have had enough that's why i made a thread, to understand whether people thought the same way about people who try to be what there not, or just be Damn Rude.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-03 05:49:27

I only like De La Soul, N.E.R.D. and Eminem.

All because they rap about things other than "bitches n hoes n shootin shit n being black n being gangsta my life is hard"

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-03 05:53:04

They still think there hard, but at least they wear normal clothes and pronounce "Gansta" different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpsvY1aPx HU

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-03 07:46:13

I won't say that I hate rap. Certainly I disagree with the glorification of violence, criminality, and immoderate materialism promoted by most rap, but the beats are appealing, in a primal sort of way, and the disagreeable content can be forgiven to a certain extent by the lives lived by many rappers before they were signed: lives characterized by poverty, so that that having material possessions was a major goal of their lives, by crime, which in many ways was viewed as a way to feed oneself in hard times while sticking it to "the Man" according to the accounts which I have heard, and violence, which desensitized them at an early age to hearing gunshot and seeing death. They don't have the life experience to know any better, so even though they shouldn't be promoting such violent crimes from a perspective of law and of conventional morality, it can be at the very least understood why their lyrics are the way they are.

But there is something I do hate, and that's wiggers. Not even all of them, but most. See, rap is in many ways designed to be a race-related and class-related experience. It's designed for poor blacks by poor blacks, and a middle-class white shouldn't try to involve himself. A poor white, growing up in the same kind of environment, can be given some leeway with this, because he faces many of the same obstacles due to his socioeconomic status, but someone with every advantage of middle-class life and none of the obstacles posed by poverty should not be trying to be something he's not. You really want to be like that, wigger? I'll drop you off in the projects, you can try to survive there. Chances are you get mugged or shot in a day, and you'll be crying for your mother in a week or less. After eighteen years of that life, eighteen years of getting too much of the bad and none of the good, eighteen years of having no money and no possessions and little or no chance to obtain either, eighteen years of robberies and muggings and stabbings and shootings and killing, THEN you can act like that. Eighteen years, and you can go around dressing and acting and talking like whatever image the media is giving you of a "gangsta", listening to music put out by people who had little to aspire to in life except poverty, jail, and an early death. But not until then, wigger.

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-03 07:48:56

I now hate hip-hop thanks to this douche. This may be the most overrated person of all time.

Why do you Hate Rap?

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-03 12:26:26

Just with any genre of music, there is good stuff and bad stuff. Some rappers are okay, the ones who actually have meaningful lyrics instead of about gang wars or some shit like that.

My choice of genre is metal, it has meaningful lyrics, and cool riffs and insane breakdowns. But then again it has some shitty bands, like Distrubed, Slipknot and Avenged Sevenfold (not even sure you can call A7X metal).

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you Hate Rap? 2009-08-03 12:28:40

At 8/3/09 07:48 AM, Greenfrost6 wrote: I now hate hip-hop thanks to this douche. This may be the most overrated person of all time.

Soulja boy makes me cringe and want to jump off a very high cliff. Good thing there aren't any very high cliffs in my immediate area.

VOTE BUSH 2012

BBS Signature