00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MiyuTheSceneGirl just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Help figuring out a genre

862 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Help figuring out a genre 2009-05-11 15:50:53

Okay, so it's kind have been a struggle for me lately to stick my songs into a genre. My newest song has been the most challenging to date. My style is really all over the place. What I was wondering is if there is anyone out there with a good ear for genres who could help me place my newest song. I don't want to upload it until I can think of the appropriate genre. It's influenced by a ton of different styles, that's what makes it hard to place. Since I don't want to put it up until i can figure this out, just let me know you're willing to help. If you want you can check out my page to get some sense of my style, but I'm really random.

Smoke me, I'm dope.

BBS Signature

Response to Help figuring out a genre 2009-05-11 15:54:27

Oh's, and I know there is a miscellaneous category, but ehhhh...

Smoke me, I'm dope.

BBS Signature

Response to Help figuring out a genre 2009-05-11 15:58:22

If you don't know what it is then toss it in the misc. genre like everyone else.

However, if you define it as a particular genre even though it's not the standard everyone is used to, you can still put it in that genre and outline what attributes it to that genre.

it's nowhere near as big of a deal as you think it is

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to Help figuring out a genre 2009-05-11 16:29:29

I know this! But I really hate seeing the, "WRONG GENRE" comments. It's not my falt NG doesn't have a trip-hop section.

I put the song up in Hip-Hop Modern. We'll see how it goes. xD

Smoke me, I'm dope.

BBS Signature