00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

pixiesweetheart7 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,636,343 Views | 29,795 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-13 09:00:59

At 3/13/09 08:36 AM, jmalouin7 wrote: Is there any way to find out how many bottles are in each level on alkie kong 2, it would be a great help to figure it out, I have tried, but i can only manage 23,

Well, quoting from Wylo´s FAQ:
Q. I'm can't find the bottle to make 24!
A. A commonly missed bottle is on stage 13 after you hit the switch, jump on the platform to your right before it goes up.

Is that the one you are missing?

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-13 09:08:18

At 3/13/09 09:00 AM, Auz wrote:
At 3/13/09 08:36 AM, jmalouin7 wrote: Is there any way to find out how many bottles are in each level on alkie kong 2, it would be a great help to figure it out, I have tried, but i can only manage 23,
Well, quoting from Wylo´s FAQ:
Q. I'm can't find the bottle to make 24!
A. A commonly missed bottle is on stage 13 after you hit the switch, jump on the platform to your right before it goes up.

Is that the one you are missing?

No, i got that one, i made a list of bottles i got, correct me where I am wrong
Level 01 - 1
level 02 - 1
level 03 - 1
level 04 - 2
level 05 - 1
level 06 - 2
level 07 - 2
level 08 - 2
level 09 - 2
level 10 - 1
level 11 - 2
level 12 - 2
level 13 - 1
level 14 - 2
level 15 - 1

If you are reading this, it means I have posted. Whether or not I am still posting, this has left its mark, for many years to come.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-13 09:13:46

Umm I'm having trouble with Artifact 19.
I couldn't find something that can help me here....
So I finished ALL the achievements except the Artifact 19 100 kills,
the trouble is that I don't have it on my third slot, I don't have it
anywhere....
Could anybody help me with this?
I really want to check that badass...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-13 09:25:22

At 3/13/09 09:21 AM, jmalouin7 wrote: Make sure your in game achievements look like this for artifact 19

I don't have all of those, but I completed the main achievements.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-13 09:33:34

At 3/13/09 09:25 AM, Asalraalaikum wrote:
At 3/13/09 09:21 AM, jmalouin7 wrote: Make sure your in game achievements look like this for artifact 19

You don´t need the "it´s a trap" row on the left top corner. Just go for the weapon achievements and make sure you die and do not just quit the game once you get them. When you are done, start a new game and artifact 19 will show up.

And you are like.. the 10th person to ask this. If you would have read through the last page of this topic, you would´ve found the answer ;)

Also, the weapon is not badass at all. It sucks pretty bad actually as it recharges really slowly. The only advantage is that you can hit multiple enemies at the same time.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-13 09:34:29

At 3/13/09 09:25 AM, Asalraalaikum wrote:

Those are all the In-Game Achievements you need to have to unlock Artifact 19. you may have the Out game achievement, but if it didn't register with the ingame, then it won't give it to you. Therefore go through, see whats whats you don't have, match them up to this, Redo the ones you missed, and after they are all unlocked, then you will have artifact 19. Just make sure you finish each game by dying. do not exit the games, or anything like that, make sure you hit the game over page.

If you are reading this, it means I have posted. Whether or not I am still posting, this has left its mark, for many years to come.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-13 09:36:20

oh shit my bad, You do not need the achievements from Gun chucker - Its a trap. so any achievements in there, just ignore.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-13 09:37:06

Guys, I found my problem.
I guess with a killed a bunch of people with a beretta, it didn't save it.
I'll do it again, thanks for the help guys!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-13 09:44:22

Mods Please delete my last post with this picture, I changed it to show the actual In-game achievements you need.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-13 10:51:05

No, i got that one, i made a list of bottles i got, correct me where I am wrong
Level 01 - 1
level 02 - 1
level 03 - 1
level 04 - 2
level 05 - 1
level 06 - 2
level 07 - 2
level 08 - 2
level 09 - 2
level 10 - 1
level 11 - 2
level 12 - 2
level 13 - 1
level 14 - 2
level 15 - 1

There are two bottles on the final level. One up in each corner

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-13 11:08:16

Oh god damn it, finally....
Anyways, I got a few tips...

1)Variety Kill - Start a game, go to a camp spot and there kill at least
10 people, then when another comes, go to the place where the
people dropped their weapons, and press space after every shoot with
one weapon.

2)Misanthropist - Just go around and kill people.
I recommend the Lever/M1187 shotguns, they're easy kills.
Also if you camp and you have low HP, start running around the
map, you'll lose enemies and your HP will refill.

3)Execution - PICK LEAD PIPE! Then, stand NEAR the enemy, hit him and
fast press F, if that doesn't work, repeat it and eventually you will do an
execution, for the lulz, when you're in the middle of the execution, press
F again, you may have a head on your pipe(LOL).

4)You Can Shoot Them Too - Kill alot of people in ONE spot, then when
an enemy comes, press SPACE alot of times, and eventually he will die
from the hits.

5)Tried Em All - Go around and shoot people, every time you kill with a weapon,
grab another different one.
Remember, you have to do all of these:
Single Weapon
Duals
Lead Pipe
(Includes all weapons)

6)Can't Wait For It - Keep killing enemies until you find an Arrowed Bomb shooter,
take it and keep using the secondary weapon, then when you'll find the bomber that
you don't have, drop the secondary weapon and take it.
Now you have an Arrowed and Spiked bombs, just pick a random enemy, shoot him
with the arrowed bomb, and then the spiked one.

7)Crainial Eviscerator - This is a little problem, but you can solve it by using a Magnum.
Easy head shots.

8)Lead Pipe Ninja - This is not as hard as you think it is.
I did it, and I actually had fun using it!
Just find a camp spot, and everyone who comes, just jump on him with the fucking
lead pipe and kick his ass.

Ok these are all the tips I can give you, rest is easy.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-13 11:12:25

Single Weapon
Duals
Lead Pipe
(Includes all weapons)

It doesn't include Artifact 19 though.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-13 11:35:25

At 3/13/09 11:12 AM, Mortikie wrote:
Single Weapon
Duals
Lead Pipe
(Includes all weapons)
It doesn't include Artifact 19 though.

Yeah, the badass.
To be honest, I didn't really liked Artifact 19, it's shit if you ask me.
I mean, the lazors are ok, but the damage is low+it needs about 5
minutes to recharge all 100% from 0%.
It's an achievement anyways.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-13 12:36:35

At 3/13/09 11:35 AM, Asalraalaikum wrote:
At 3/13/09 11:12 AM, Mortikie wrote:
Single Weapon
Duals
Lead Pipe
(Includes all weapons)

Lucky bastard i never got artifact 19

It's an achievement anyways.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-13 12:59:28

At 3/13/09 11:08 AM, Asalraalaikum wrote: 4)You Can Shoot Them Too - Kill alot of people in ONE spot, then when
from the hits.

personally, I found it easier by doing this at the start of a fresh game, I waited for the first encounter, dropped both my two default guns, and just spammed the spacebar key.

for others like myself, I just couldn't do it by killing a group, picking up all the guns and throwing them at the next group. I usually ended up being nearly killed or camped into a small space, so I couldn't jump the shots or get away safely. I nearly died, but I managed to get away.

I really wish I had the energy to continue with the rest of the Thing-Thing badges, they're easy, but just tedious, I'm really impatient, and the idea of sitting in one spot and killing 100 or 50 mobs isn't exactly my idea of a fun medal/achievement, I hope the next medals will be a little more exciting.

WritingPad. |

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-13 13:48:44

sorry for the double post- here's a question to those collecting the Thing-Thing medals, does anyone try to get two or three weapon medals in one sit? for example "HASTA LA VISTA" and "CHICAGO MEMOIR" or do you just aim for one weapon medal, then start a fresh and do that weapon medal?

WritingPad. |

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-13 13:50:14

At 3/13/09 01:48 PM, WritingPad wrote: sorry for the double post- here's a question to those collecting the Thing-Thing medals, does anyone try to get two or three weapon medals in one sit? for example "HASTA LA VISTA" and "CHICAGO MEMOIR" or do you just aim for one weapon medal, then start a fresh and do that weapon medal?

When I was aiming for medals I always tried to get as many as I can in one match.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-13 14:15:16

At 3/13/09 01:50 PM, FurryFox wrote: When I was aiming for medals I always tried to get as many as I can in one match.

Same. That'll help for people struggling with Misanthropist, though I never had an issue with getting 150+ when I played. I usually topped off at around 220 every round.

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-13 15:07:56

At 3/13/09 11:08 AM, Asalraalaikum wrote: Oh god damn it, finally....
Anyways, I got a few tips...

1)Variety Kill - Start a game, go to a camp spot and there kill at least
10 people, then when another comes, go to the place where the
people dropped their weapons, and press space after every shoot with
one weapon.

2)Misanthropist - Just go around and kill people.
I recommend the Lever/M1187 shotguns, they're easy kills.
Also if you camp and you have low HP, start running around the
map, you'll lose enemies and your HP will refill.

3)Execution - PICK LEAD PIPE! Then, stand NEAR the enemy, hit him and
fast press F, if that doesn't work, repeat it and eventually you will do an
execution, for the lulz, when you're in the middle of the execution, press
F again, you may have a head on your pipe(LOL).

4)You Can Shoot Them Too - Kill alot of people in ONE spot, then when
from the hits.

Single Weapon
Duals
Lead Pipe
(Includes all weapons)

6)Can't Wait For It - Keep killing enemies until you find an Arrowed Bomb shooter,
take it and keep using the secondary weapon, then when you'll find the bomber that
you don't have, drop the secondary weapon and take it.
Now you have an Arrowed and Spiked bombs, just pick a random enemy, shoot him
with the arrowed bomb, and then the spiked one.

7)Crainial Eviscerator - This is a little problem, but you can solve it by using a Magnum.
Easy head shots.

8)Lead Pipe Ninja - This is not as hard as you think it is.
I did it, and I actually had fun using it!
Just find a camp spot, and everyone who comes, just jump on him with the fucking
lead pipe and kick his ass.

Ok these are all the tips I can give you, rest is easy.

For the execution, when you get a head on the end of your pipe, you do double damage. normally it takes 4 hits to kill with the pipe, but it takes 2 with the head on it. the head eventually comes off tho, after about 6-8 hits. also, you don't lose health when you're doing an execution, so use that to heal when you're overrun by shotgun-armed enemies.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-13 15:11:48

At 3/13/09 02:15 PM, Zerok wrote:
At 3/13/09 01:50 PM, FurryFox wrote: When I was aiming for medals I always tried to get as many as I can in one match.
Same. That'll help for people struggling with Misanthropist, though I never had an issue with getting 150+ when I played. I usually topped off at around 220 every round.

Yeah for me getting many kills is easy too, but if someone has problems remember that if you choose the "custom game" option you'll be able to select the difficulty, and how fast the waves of enemies get harder.

Also I've finally got every medal in Thing Thing 3... I had to re-get nearly every weapon achievement but now I feel complete :D

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-13 15:32:15

If you ask me I think theat Madness Interactive would be a great classic game for medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-13 16:03:49

Finally finished everything for "Thing-Thing Arena 3". Phew... that was tiring.

That "Artifact 19" weapon sucks. It might seem great in the beginning, but after you find out that it reloads really slow, it's disappointing. My dual-beretas saved me, though. =)

Now... back to that Alkie Kong thing. =/

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-13 16:12:04

At 3/13/09 04:03 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: Finally finished everything for "Thing-Thing Arena 3". Phew... that was tiring.

That "Artifact 19" weapon sucks. It might seem great in the beginning, but after you find out that it reloads really slow, it's disappointing. My dual-beretas saved me, though. =)

I have a question about "Thing-Thing Arena 3" i was playing earlier today and found it hard to distinguish the difference between the wepons. Can someone help me with this, i just don't know the difference between them at all. Oh one last thing do you have to kill them all in 1 game or can they be different? Do they have to be in quick play or custom game?

Thanks when you respond.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-13 16:22:30

I have a question about "Thing-Thing Arena 3" i was playing earlier today and found it hard to distinguish the difference between the wepons. Can someone help me with this, i just don't know the difference between them at all. Oh one last thing do you have to kill them all in 1 game or can they be different? Do they have to be in quick play or custom game?

Thanks when you respond.

Quick Play or Custom both work. They have to be in a single match (it's not cumulative over every round), and as far as the weapons go.. play the game for 10 minutes and you'll learn which are which, and if you're just going for achievements then it doesn't matter. Start getting 100 kills with one, and then next round just pick a different gun, and keep going from there without repeating any guns.

Side note: I have the second highest score for today on Thing-Thing 3 Arena's High Scores page. :D

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-13 16:24:30

Oh and also make sure you die after getting eah achievement, don't just exit out of the game or you'll have to re-do the 100 kills for that weapon if you want to get Artifact 19 because while you'll get the NG Medal you won't get the in-game achievement (which is what you need to get Artifact 19) unless you die.

Sorry for the double post.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-13 16:40:23

At 3/13/09 04:12 PM, idiot-buster wrote:
I have a question about "Thing-Thing Arena 3" i was playing earlier today and found it hard to distinguish the difference between the wepons. Can someone help me with this, i just don't know the difference between them at all.

It tells you what gun you are using in the upper left corner of the screen.

Wi/Ht Member #50 | Top 500 XP | Top 80 B/P! | Top 45 Protector | Top 125 VP

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-13 16:42:10

At 3/13/09 04:12 PM, idiot-buster wrote: I have a question about "Thing-Thing Arena 3" i was playing earlier today and found it hard to distinguish the difference between the wepons.

I used to have that problem, there's no way to identify the gun by just looking at it, since most of them look alike, luckily, the name of the weapon appears besides its ammo's capacity on the upper left corner of the game screen , so if you grab a weapon you've already found a badge for, just throw it away until you find the one you need. Hope that helps.

On another note; After the fourth time getting the brain badge from "Portal Defenders" it finally uploaded correctly onto my profile... Now I only need 3 badges to complete my collection from Alkie Kong (which are ultra hard), but I'm very close to getting the "easy" one... Stupid level 14 always gets me.

Need help on beating Alkie Kong 2, brutal mode? click here.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-13 18:04:33

At 3/12/09 06:19 PM, Zerok wrote: Saves me some effort. =)
Feel free to try and link to said blog at the top of each page, with some sort of bolded text saying:

UPDATES, AND FAQ - Read this before asking for help.

See if it works.

That'd be good, except with the pace that this thread is going I can't get the timing right. But someone else could do it.

At 3/13/09 04:12 PM, idiot-buster wrote: I have a question about "Thing-Thing Arena 3" i was playing earlier today and found it hard to distinguish the difference between the wepons.

http://www.crazymonkeygames.com/tta3/wea pons.php

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-13 21:49:28

I'm playing Thing Thing Arena 3 and trying to get the Lead Pipe ninja medal. If I accidentally pick up a gun and shoot a guy once, but I do the final blow with the Lead Pipe, will it still count as a kill?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-13 22:24:20

At 3/13/09 09:49 PM, Ajator wrote: I'm playing Thing Thing Arena 3 and trying to get the Lead Pipe ninja medal. If I accidentally pick up a gun and shoot a guy once, but I do the final blow with the Lead Pipe, will it still count as a kill?

I believe so, but I'm not certain...
Just keep going at it and utilize executions whenever you need health.