00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Model124 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,636,571 Views | 29,795 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-08 13:52:28

At 3/8/09 01:37 PM, speeling wrote: I thought I saw that Psycho Goldfish had one for Thing-Thing Arena 3. It was something columbine/using pistol x3 award. I checked back later, but it wasn't there.
I was probably just seeing things.

Everyone saw it, there are even screenshots of this. Probably the game's medals were just being tested, and now he removed the award from his profile. So we should expect Thing Thing to get the medals soon :)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-08 18:45:57

At 3/8/09 11:49 AM, Zerok wrote:
At 3/8/09 07:11 AM, Gagsy wrote: Help please!
Uh, that one was basically all timing and patience for me.

Ha, this is totally advice for level 9, not 12.

M'bad.

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-08 18:52:13

Hmm, interesting thread. I'll post here more often, as soon as I finish catching up on some threads here. =)

I already got all the medals in Portal Defenders. But Alkie Kong 2... wow. What a hard game.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-08 19:34:21

At 3/8/09 06:52 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: Hmm, interesting thread. I'll post here more often, as soon as I finish catching up on some threads here. =)

I already got all the medals in Portal Defenders. But Alkie Kong 2... wow. What a hard game.

Yeah, that game is so frustrating... Almost beat level 15 without damage and then I fall of a ledge... YAARGHGH1111!!!1

I hope Thing-Thing gets some medals soon! :)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-08 20:02:02

FUCK, plzdontban is Portal Defenders is FUCKING HARD. Why did Luis have to purposely pick all the mods who have long level icons?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-08 21:26:47

At 3/8/09 08:02 PM, DocSprite wrote: FUCK, plzdontban is Portal Defenders is FUCKING HARD. Why did Luis have to purposely pick all the mods who have long level icons?

My strategy is to run straight up and down. That way, as you pass, the moderators swing and hit each other. Also, if you can get them lined up, try to get one of the moderators to use their "banned" move. That does a nice amount of damage.

In fact, I use that strategy for just about every wave, and it seems to work. It's also better to use a faster character such as Dan if you try this.

Now with 100% more Steam! lI Minecraft you say? 63.246.149.6 II XBL: WorseThanMonday II

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-08 21:38:56

At 3/8/09 08:02 PM, DocSprite wrote: FUCK, plzdontban is Portal Defenders is FUCKING HARD. Why did Luis have to purposely pick all the mods who have long level icons?

The level icons aren't always reflective of the user... I thought it was the case at first too. They did purposely give the mods a nice long reach though (they trade off some damage though... mod melee attacks are rather weak).

xsports there gave the best advice, IMO. Jumping vertically through the mob of mods ends up with them killing each other off almost without fail (the long reach betrays them). On the first wave with just Afro and Sard, you can almost always catch one of 'em as he comes out of the door and combo him to death before the other gets there. A single mod is best handled by baiting him into a "BAN!", jumping the wave into his face and then comboing. Always try this if at any time a single mod gets isolated from the pack.

You'll soon find that the mod stage is very easy; you will often get through with only taking 2 or 3 hits.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-08 21:41:52

I think everyone should just get together and create an easy to follow guide specifically for the medals. It would also be nice to have somewhere to go to check which games will be coming out next with medals and possibly get to preview the list if you want just so you can get some early practice.

Kinda like Xbox360achievements.org, except it will be for medals. I'm all for creating a site (One of the cheapo free ones) for this, but I don't want to do the work if no one else is going to bother using it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-08 21:44:37

At 3/8/09 09:41 PM, Mortikie wrote:
Kinda like Xbox360achievements.org, except it will be for medals. I'm all for creating a site (One of the cheapo free ones) for this, but I don't want to do the work if no one else is going to bother using it.

They're creating a collection of medal games soon.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-08 21:46:40

No, I don't mean a list of games that have medals in them, but a site for guides to get the medals, and news on what games will be updated or released with medals before it actually happens.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-08 21:54:38

At 3/8/09 09:46 PM, Mortikie wrote: No, I don't mean a list of games that have medals in them, but a site for guides to get the medals, and news on what games will be updated or released with medals before it actually happens.

But if there are guides to get the medals then it's no fun. The medals in some way "rate" how good you are when playing games. But if you're stuck or need any help with a specific medal, you can come here and ask us ;)

And news on games which will have the medal system is kinda pointless, why would you want to practice early? You can do it when they get the medals, that way you'll get them while you practice ;)

Oh god I should stop using text emoticons at the end of each sentence :/

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-08 22:07:14

At 3/8/09 09:54 PM, Ismael92 wrote:
At 3/8/09 09:46 PM, Mortikie wrote: No, I don't mean a list of games that have medals in them, but a site for guides to get the medals, and news on what games will be updated or released with medals before it actually happens.
But if there are guides to get the medals then it's no fun. The medals in some way "rate" how good you are when playing games. But if you're stuck or need any help with a specific medal, you can come here and ask us ;)

And news on games which will have the medal system is kinda pointless, why would you want to practice early? You can do it when they get the medals, that way you'll get them while you practice ;)

Oh god I should stop using text emoticons at the end of each sentence :/

Just throwing ideas out there. And guides don't really ruin the fun unless you go to a guide first and play through the game like that right away... but sometimes it gets really frustrating getting stuck on a challenge that, for some reason, you just can't get past. A guide would simply keep the same questions on the same medal from popping up and cluttering the thread. You just go to the guide. But like I said, I'm just throwing ideas out.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-08 22:24:00

At 3/8/09 10:07 PM, Mortikie wrote: A guide would simply keep the same questions on the same medal from popping up and cluttering the thread.

That's something that can easily be organized and maintained on an NG blog. I'm sure someone, someday, will do this. MAYBE IT'LL BE YOU!

The downside is it can't be a total group project (unless you can trust the members of the group with the account's password).

For now, we've got this thread. Once medals become more common I'll see how effective this thread is in providing help. Chances are it'll evolve into discussion about the latest games to come out with medals and preliminary tips about them. I can see this becoming cluttered and redundant though. We shall see, we shall see.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-08 22:26:34

Any tips on Kitty Krew Killa with no damage?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-08 22:38:24

At 3/8/09 10:26 PM, Bloodman101 wrote: Any tips on Kitty Krew Killa with no damage?

Or the Pbot minigame? I keep getting like 75%.
lol.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-08 22:46:13

At 3/8/09 10:26 PM, Bloodman101 wrote: Any tips on Kitty Krew Killa with no damage?

In the first group, just get them in one group and juggle like mad. Don't get too close to them, or you risk being hit. As for the boss fight, stay away from BigFuzzyKitten and let his yarn balls kill off him and his buddies. Don't be afraid to use bombs to kill them from a distance, but it's not really necessary.

At 3/8/09 10:38 PM, Bloodman101 wrote: Or the Pbot minigame? I keep getting like 75%.

Make sure you're in one of the corners when the second wave ends, preferably the upper left. Immediately go down to the bottom of the screen, then turn and head right until the percentage meter goes up. At that point, head upwards, then turn right again and repeat. You should get 100% with a few seconds left.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 00:48:21

I hope ThingThing Arena 3 gets some medals...
I'm already good at that game...
stupid alkie kong 2...
stupid don't die medals...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 01:05:19

At 3/8/09 06:45 PM, Zerok wrote:

]

M'bad.

I forgive ya.

Thanks for the advice Wylo btw. Once I realised that you just needed to hit Kong 3 times with crates (thought it was 4 for some reason) it didn't take me long at all to do. Now Level 15... I can't get onto one of the hands without breaking a crate. Hint please?! =(

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 01:30:56

At 3/9/09 01:05 AM, Gagsy wrote:
At 3/8/09 06:45 PM, Zerok wrote:
]

M'bad.
I forgive ya.

Thanks for the advice Wylo btw. Once I realised that you just needed to hit Kong 3 times with crates (thought it was 4 for some reason) it didn't take me long at all to do. Now Level 15... I can't get onto one of the hands without breaking a crate. Hint please?! =(

For some reason if you jump on the thumb side of the hand it damages your protagonist (Forgot his name.) but if you jump on the finger side it doesnt damage.

If that makes sense...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 01:43:17

At 3/8/09 11:06 PM, JarrodK wrote: I have only beaten PD with liljim. Tom doesn't have enough bomb power, Dan doesn't have enough strength.

As long as you get over 90% in Zamboni, you should easily have enough bombs to last you through to Wade. After you've ran out of bombs, you can just try and tempt him into his laser attacks and go around behind him to get a four-five hit combo. With Dan, keep moving around and he should be seperated from his Zombies, then try to get a combo. If you get hit by his laser, try to get out by holding down the direction that you're closest to the edge with, and since he's fast there's a chance that you'll get around him when he's taking a short break.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 03:00:26

I think some of Edmund McMillen's games should get medals. I think Meat Boy, Grey Matter, and Cunt would benefit greatly from medals.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 05:36:43

Woah, didn't think there were more than one of these, yet, this thread will definately come in handy, thanks.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 06:17:43

Alkie Kong 2 crashes my browser. I think it's the ads.

WELL THERE GOES MY CHANCE AT SOME MORE INSIGNIFICANT INTERNET STATS

wolf piss

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 13:47:05

Yeah, I got to Waldof on Portal Defenders now. But Stamper & Jeff just take away too much life, so I don't have a chance against the final boss.

Any tips on how to beat Stamper & Jeff without losing so much life?

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 13:51:38

At 3/9/09 01:47 PM, Haggard wrote: Yeah, I got to Waldof on Portal Defenders now. But Stamper & Jeff just take away too much life, so I don't have a chance against the final boss.

Stick to the top left of the screen wait for Jeff to pop out then pummel him up all the way to the right side of the screen till you reach Stamper then let him get on the ride as well and you pretty much are beating the shit out of both of them at the same time in the upper right side of the corner till it's over,the key is to get rid of them before Stamper can become the fat ball that farts bubbles then it really isn't hard.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 13:54:19

At 3/9/09 01:47 PM, Haggard wrote: Yeah, I got to Waldof on Portal Defenders now. But Stamper & Jeff just take away too much life, so I don't have a chance against the final boss.

Let Jeff throw stamper in the air, then kill jeff. stand back when you are attacking, so you are about an inch away. if you do this, you can attack them, and they cannot attack you, cause you are out of there reach. after jeff is dead, Jump attack stamper till he falls, then stand back an inch when attacking, stamper is strong, but has no reach. so stand back and attack. i can kill them both without taking damage from them just by moving an inch back.

If you are reading this, it means I have posted. Whether or not I am still posting, this has left its mark, for many years to come.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 13:56:43

At 3/9/09 01:54 PM, jmalouin7 wrote: Let Jeff throw stamper in the air, then kill jeff.

Already tried this, but Stamper beat the shit out of me after he wasn't in baloon form anymore. Maybe I was just too close to him then.

Thanks for your tips as well, Molotov!

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 13:57:45

At 3/9/09 01:51 PM, Molotov wrote:

Stick to the top left of the screen wait for Jeff to pop out then pummel him up all the way to the right side of the screen till you reach Stamper then let him get on the ride as well and you pretty much are beating the shit out of both of them at the same time in the upper right side of the corner till it's over,the key is to get rid of them before Stamper can become the fat ball that farts bubbles then it really isn't hard.

Also, try hitting them with the tip of your weapon as you will be just out of reach for their quick counter attacks. If for some reason you can´t get them into a corner, then try to start your combo just before they get in front of you so that you hit them with your second strike or third strike. That way they won´t be able to counter your attack, or they will at least do it less often.

Those strategies work for pretty much every boss by the way.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 14:12:40

I put enough space between myself and them so they cant reach me but I can get a decent Combo going on them. use one bomb on each as well to lower their health a bit more.

Killing-joke Rule the waves! Rule britania!

Signature made by, TheRipper00 NG Signature Makers ] Guild Wars Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 14:14:41

When fighting Stamper this is the distance. swing with this distance, and stampler will run into it, and hurt himself. you on the other hand, will be saff from harm.

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

If you are reading this, it means I have posted. Whether or not I am still posting, this has left its mark, for many years to come.

BBS Signature