00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

c82669390 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,656,267 Views | 29,797 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-04 15:45:36

I think the removal of Fear Unlimited medals was unfair for people who spent a good deal of time try to obtain them, such as myself or any of my fellow top listed comrades, specially for Wylo who made a pretty lengthy FAQ about it. In my opinion they should had just removed the 2 medals that weren't working properly instead of just taking everything down... Unless Dizimz is going to re-upload them with with working medals... Yeah, right.

OH BY THE WAY

i do not know if it has been posted yet

Need help on beating Alkie Kong 2, brutal mode? click here.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-04 15:47:20

Yay...l beat FU 2 on the hardest difficulty for nothing...l shouldn't be complaining though, l lost less medals than most people.
BTW do you have any idea why Darnell's Recount doesen't count (ignore the joke) the medals for finding the secret areas and having a chainsaw? the only thing that l can think of is that l didn't get all the stuff in the pre-chainsaw room...
Spewer is a very cool game but l believe that it will drive me mad on the harder levels so l'll just wait for a walkthrough :P

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-04 15:47:51

At 5/4/09 03:35 PM, simon wrote:
At 5/4/09 03:34 PM, piggy123 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/49 4129
i do not know if it has been posted yet
Reading posts from the past 2 pages is difficult.

i looked i just did not see it

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-04 15:48:42

When I came online i was wondering where some of my points has gone until i read about the medals in Fear Unlimited Issues 2.
Of course it is a bugged game and glitchy but I worked on the stupid medals for this game for hours ._.
I mean I can understand the medals were delected but I think it is unfair for everyone who took the pain and beat the game especially because it is that much bugged and because of this hard to get the medals...
Well I think I got frustrated with that game and lost hours of my life for nothing x)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-04 15:49:15

How do I beat the level "Dive" in Spewer? Thanks for help!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-04 15:54:10

At 5/4/09 03:48 PM, Varien wrote: Of course it is a bugged game and glitchy but I worked on the stupid medals for this game for hours ._.

Yeah, it's kinda unfair for users that have spent hours on it...HAHAH, imagine if the Alkie Kong 2 medals were removed too...lol...

I mean I can understand the medals were delected but I think it is unfair for everyone who took the pain and beat the game especially because it is that much bugged and because of this hard to get the medals...
Well I think I got frustrated with that game and lost hours of my life for nothing x)

Now that l think of it, and read the NG top medal point users list, l think that the medal system is down and me not getting some minor medals is the consequence of that.
Luckily l didn't get (or rather lose) any important ones (like the "hero" medal)...
Bah.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-04 16:00:35

I am so happy that Fear Unlimited got its medals stripped as it never deserved them; however, anyone who gained significant medals should be extremely aggravated.

Wi/Ht Member #50 | Top 500 XP | Top 80 B/P! | Top 45 Protector | Top 125 VP

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-04 16:11:23

At 5/4/09 04:03 PM, JKMonkey wrote: I need some help on the game Spewer, I can't get passed the longjump level, anyone know how? any help would be much appreciated

I'm in the middle of writing a walkthrough for Spewer. It's almost done - hang tight for a bit longer. :)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-04 16:13:22

At 5/4/09 04:00 PM, zimzap wrote: I am so happy that Fear Unlimited got its medals stripped as it never deserved them; however, anyone who gained significant medals should be extremely aggravated.

Those were some of the hardest medals to get and in my opinion the best looking so ya I'm a little upset. Lost about 400 points from that, I just hope he brings them back.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-04 16:15:05

At 5/4/09 03:49 PM, Ray80 wrote: How do I beat the level "Dive" in Spewer? Thanks for help!

i am stuck at dive too

the real newgrounds gold

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-04 16:17:45

Why the fuck did they delete the FU2 medals? Do they have ANY idea how long I spent getting all those medals?!?!?!

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-04 16:20:42

Fear Unlimited medals are gone?
YEAH!!!!
I didn't get a lot of them so it doesn't make a big difference to me

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-04 16:22:06

At 5/4/09 04:17 PM, AniMetal wrote: Why the fuck did they delete the FU2 medals? Do they have ANY idea how long I spent getting all those medals?!?!?!

that game sucked i didn't even couldn'd get any medal

the real newgrounds gold

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-04 16:23:07

I just recorded the entire Chapter 1 in Spewer, I'm going to start uploading now. I'll post the link later.

(If you guys are stuck in this chapter, you're going to have a lot of trouble with this game)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-04 16:23:57

At 5/4/09 04:22 PM, gdfsgdfg wrote:
At 5/4/09 04:17 PM, AniMetal wrote: Why the fuck did they delete the FU2 medals? Do they have ANY idea how long I spent getting all those medals?!?!?!
that game sucked i didn't even couldn'd get any medal

It wasn't even that bad of a game, people are just bitching cause they aren't good enough.

Fuck you guys, they are ACHIEVEMENTS for a reason, if everyone can get them all in one sitting then they aren't anywhere near achievements realistically speaking.

I mean, what the fuck. I hate you Josh, I must've spent entire days on that shittie game!

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-04 16:26:07

Are medals from Spewer working for you guys? They ain't working for me

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-04 16:27:38

At 5/4/09 04:23 PM, AniMetal wrote:
Fuck you guys, they are ACHIEVEMENTS for a reason, if everyone can get them all in one sitting then they aren't anywhere near achievements realistically speaking.

I mean, what the fuck. I hate you Josh, I must've spent entire days on that shittie game!

good so i'm not the only one actually pissed about this

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-04 16:27:44

At 5/4/09 04:26 PM, dx5231 wrote: Are medals from Spewer working for you guys? They ain't working for me

yes

the real newgrounds gold

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-04 16:31:45

At 5/4/09 04:24 PM, punished-thoughts wrote: Cool.

+1

Also, insert rant and egregious platitudes here about how the coding should have been fixed (omg, editing approximately eleven lines is SUCH work you guys) or the two medals should have been removed and not the rest. Reworded statements supporting pro-medal people, etc etc, soforth and such.

or lol gsdsdgsdg joke, he can't have them, no one can.

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-04 16:35:57

u beaten dive now i am the crux (impossible)

the real newgrounds gold

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-04 16:36:14

At 5/4/09 04:26 PM, dx5231 wrote: Are medals from Spewer working for you guys? They ain't working for me

I've gotten two so far but they still aren't showing up in my profile.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-04 16:39:02

At 5/4/09 04:35 PM, gdfsgdfg wrote: u beaten dive now i am the crux (impossible)

I'm stuck on that level too. I know how to beat it though, I just can't control the acid enough and it usually bounces away, deleting the floor I'm standing on.

(Chapter 1 video processing)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-04 16:45:33

I think people should've this coming. FU was a beta. A shitty, shitty, godawful beta. It didn't test skill, it tested endurance through tediousness It wasn't a game, it was work. People aren't pissed because they played a game and the medals disappeared, they're pissed because they FORCED themselves through a MOUNTAIN OF SHIT to get medals and they disappears. This just proves that FU is not a game, it's a boring piece of crap.

I'm sorry for those who trudged through the toxic muck to get those medals, but frankly I'm surprised I was the only one who realized that, eventually, medals for a shit-tastic beta aren't going to last.

Don't make fun of us because we look like eggs!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-04 16:47:05

Oh, and by the way, I really hate Fear Unlimited.

Don't make fun of us because we look like eggs!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-04 16:50:18

At 5/4/09 04:47 PM, Kamikazetomato wrote: Oh, and by the way, I really hate Fear Unlimited.

you said it man and even devil may cry series are bugged and glitched

the real newgrounds gold

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-04 16:54:50

At 5/4/09 04:45 PM, Kamikazetomato wrote: I think people should've this coming. FU was a beta. A shitty, shitty, godawful beta. It didn't test skill, it tested endurance through tediousness It wasn't a game, it was work. People aren't pissed because they played a game and the medals disappeared, they're pissed because they FORCED themselves through a MOUNTAIN OF SHIT to get medals and they disappears. This just proves that FU is not a game, it's a boring piece of crap.

I'm sorry for those who trudged through the toxic muck to get those medals, but frankly I'm surprised I was the only one who realized that, eventually, medals for a shit-tastic beta aren't going to last.

I do agree with what you say, but you have to say that FU2 did involve quite a bit of work from the author...it just neded a LOOOOOOT more playesting...yeah, it was like a beta.
I hope a fixed version with working medals will be uploaded soon...right now, l got my lost medals score back by getting almost all the remaining medals on Darnell's Recount...
Damn, it's crazy, I am always losing once from the battle with the UberBot...the second time l try l ALWAYS win easily, and then l don't die till the end...wtf.
Also, l need a good written walkthrough for the pink knight because this game is starting to get on my nerves...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-04 16:58:34

i hope not hope ng will removes fu is2 medals forevar

the real newgrounds gold

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-04 17:06:04

I think the removal of those medals is both good and bad

It's good because the game was bugged like hell, sometimes even freezing for beating the level

It's bad because some people spent ages getting those medals.

Personally I'm glad those medals are gone, but other people may think otherwise.

(Also, to anyone still stuck in Chapter 1 of Spewer, here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7hs4YpME gE)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-04 17:12:05

At 5/4/09 04:13 PM, JKMonkey wrote:
At 5/4/09 04:11 PM, Keslen wrote:
At 5/4/09 04:03 PM, JKMonkey wrote: I need some help on the game Spewer, I can't get passed the longjump level, anyone know how? any help would be much appreciated
I'm in the middle of writing a walkthrough for Spewer. It's almost done - hang tight for a bit longer. :)
^^ ok cool, I'll wait a little while

Walkthrough is done, just click here.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-04 17:15:13

At 5/4/09 05:10 PM, Alex12345269 wrote: How do you beat a gentle push in spewer? I try jumping and vomiting at different times and I got all the fruit but I can't make it.

That level is a pain until you know how to do it. Get all the fruit, then eat everything. when your done, go near the wall where the portal is. Jump twice, in the exact moment you start to make the second jump, puke the vomit downwards(in a way that you will be thrown upwards)

This might take a few tries.