New Topic Respond to this Topic
Ninjuku
Ninjuku
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Mar. 10th, 2009 @ 11:58 PM Reply

At 3/10/09 11:07 PM, Elios wrote: Only one more medal to go!

It's been a long day......

-cough-cough-
Yeah... Ive got those too...

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

Caraboo
Caraboo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Mar. 11th, 2009 @ 12:01 AM Reply

what is the 21st medal for portal defenders? the secret secret one.

Ninjuku
Ninjuku
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Mar. 11th, 2009 @ 12:05 AM Reply

At 3/11/09 12:01 AM, Caraboo wrote: what is the 21st medal for portal defenders? the secret secret one.

I'm not allowed to say, but its possible...
I'm proud of my medals...
Alkie Kong 2 is proving to be more of a pain than expected though...

Wylo
Wylo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Mar. 11th, 2009 @ 12:30 AM Reply

At 3/11/09 12:01 AM, Caraboo wrote: what is the 21st medal for portal defenders? the secret secret one.

Think about what the title means and how it could apply to the game. Also, could find someone who earned the medal already and look for a hint in the icon.

An issue I see with medals - once enough medals come out, the medals page will be overflowing with icons and no one wants a page that loads forever. Mine already takes quite a few seconds to load. Maybe paginate them, or some kinda expansion tree feature?

Gooch
Gooch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Mar. 11th, 2009 @ 03:08 AM Reply

When I was getting the medal for 150 headshots in Thing Thing Arena 3, I noticed that the easiest gun to get your headshots with seemed to be the Tavor. Unlike most of the shotguns and handguns, the Tavor seemed to be the steadiest of guns. It doesn't fire blindly when you click the mouse to pull the trigger.

All you have to worry about with the Tavor is aiming towards the head. As long as you do that, headshots will come plenty and often. The only time that gun will stray away from what it's doing is when the man you're shooting at in front jumps. As long as you don't have a lot of jumpers, you should breeze through getting the headshot medal.

Bloodman101
Bloodman101
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Mar. 11th, 2009 @ 04:30 AM Reply

At 3/11/09 03:08 AM, Gooch wrote: Tavor

I would of thought the Arrow gun was best?
But it's not that powerful.

Bloodman101
Bloodman101
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Mar. 11th, 2009 @ 04:37 AM Reply

At 3/11/09 04:30 AM, Bloodman101 wrote:

Actually, no, sorry double post, but IMO I think it's the Laser gun. Lolz. Sorry.

aldlv
aldlv
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Mar. 11th, 2009 @ 04:40 AM Reply

At 3/11/09 04:37 AM, Bloodman101 wrote:
Actually, no, sorry double post, but IMO I think it's the Laser gun. Lolz. Sorry.

i think that the 2 hand weapon are pretty good to kill fast
also, this game isn't as hard, it just take your time... i think is my favorite... I wish to know if all artist are going to be allowed to put medals or just a few selected ones

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07
~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature
Zerok
Zerok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Mar. 11th, 2009 @ 06:23 AM Reply

For headshots, there's quite a few weapons that work. I got mine with the Tavor as well, but things like the lazer, magnum, and even the dart grenade launcher work rather well too.

At 3/11/09 12:30 AM, Wylo wrote: Maybe paginate them, or some kinda expansion tree feature?

Yeah, I'm sure they'll do something to that effect once it becomes too cumbersome.

Zerok blog: PM me if you like music | My (retired) webcomic: Pizza For Guys

AlkaSeltzer
AlkaSeltzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Mar. 11th, 2009 @ 06:27 AM Reply

It's actually fairly surprising how many people have the adblocker addon for firefox. This may significantly harm flashes which have implemented Medals into themselves. Will there be a way around this?

Of course I know how to get around it with help from these forums. But what about the HUGE population that come to NG each day to simply play flash games? I am sure many use FF.

Anywho it aint that bad a problem.

BBS Signature
Zerok
Zerok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Mar. 11th, 2009 @ 08:06 AM Reply

At 3/11/09 06:27 AM, JarrodK wrote: This may significantly harm flashes which have implemented Medals into themselves. Will there be a way around this?

You can add an exception to it that apparently fixes the issue. Wylo has it in his blog I think, and it's been posted in this thread (again, I think).

Zerok blog: PM me if you like music | My (retired) webcomic: Pizza For Guys

Auz
Auz
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 55
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Mar. 11th, 2009 @ 09:01 AM Reply

At 3/11/09 06:23 AM, Zerok wrote: For headshots, there's quite a few weapons that work. I got mine with the Tavor as well, but things like the lazer, magnum, and even the dart grenade launcher work rather well too.

Personally I used the lead pipe for headshots. It´s quite easy to get headshots with it, but becomes a bit of a problem later on when you are facing more enemies. So then I used the M1148 which works quite well too. It is a one shot kill on most enemies when you pretty much stick the end of the gun in their eyeballs.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 15 March 2014)

BBS Signature
MarchelloBB
MarchelloBB
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Mar. 11th, 2009 @ 09:19 AM Reply

What's this 'Artifact 19' acheivement for in thing-thing 3?

-I'm the kinda guy who'll be there when you're falling-
Listen to my music (For fans of singer/songwriters)

BBS Signature
BlackKnightWereWolf
BlackKnightWereWolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Mar. 11th, 2009 @ 09:27 AM Reply

The Artifact 19 is a secret weapon u get by geting all the 100 kill medals with x weapon
and u just hav to get 100 kills with it to get the medal .

the artifact sucks i dont like it...

Mortikie
Mortikie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Mar. 11th, 2009 @ 10:24 AM Reply

No messages pop up to tell you if you've gotten it. After getting all the medals, just start a new game after dieing and you'll just start with it.

FurryFox
FurryFox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Mar. 11th, 2009 @ 12:21 PM Reply

At 3/11/09 09:27 AM, BlackKnightWereWolf wrote: The Artifact 19 is a secret weapon u get by geting all the 100 kill medals with x weapon
and u just hav to get 100 kills with it to get the medal .

the artifact sucks i dont like it...

Yeah the reloading of it takes forever. Though the wait is worth it.

I feel like god with it.
Ismael92
Ismael92
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Mar. 11th, 2009 @ 12:48 PM Reply

Yeah it's cool but it's pretty slow, and using it against a lot of enemies at the same time can be pretty difficult. For that achievement I used several weapons (I also wanted to get the 100 kills with each one). Also now I'm gonna get the last 3 achievements in Thing Thing 3, the gas grenade launcher must be a pain in the ass.

Auz
Auz
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 55
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Mar. 11th, 2009 @ 02:03 PM Reply

At 3/11/09 10:24 AM, Mortikie wrote: No messages pop up to tell you if you've gotten it. After getting all the medals, just start a new game after dieing and you'll just start with it.

Are you guys sure about that or are you just joking? Cause I just had unlocked all the other medals and died, but when I started a new game I had the Berreta, Thomson and Lead Pipe again... =/ What am I doing wrong?

At 3/11/09 12:48 PM, Ismael92 wrote: Also now I'm gonna get the last 3 achievements in Thing Thing 3, the gas grenade launcher must be a pain in the ass.

I got that one about half an hour ago. Indeed it is a pain in the ass, but I think this is the easiest way: Go to the Dungeon stage and pick the largest arena, get the grenade launcher, gather some ammo and go to the left bottom corner of the map. Stay there and keep shooting gas grenades in the entrance of the small cave. Use at least 2 all the time and every enemy will die almost without doing you any harm. Bullets will respawn right in front of you, but if you get short on them, just walk around the stage again to gather more.

That´s the way I did it and I did not have that much trouble. It just requires some patience.

BBS Signature
Ismael92
Ismael92
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Mar. 11th, 2009 @ 02:47 PM Reply

At 3/11/09 02:03 PM, Auz wrote:
At 3/11/09 12:48 PM, Ismael92 wrote: Also now I'm gonna get the last 3 achievements in Thing Thing 3, the gas grenade launcher must be a pain in the ass.
I got that one about half an hour ago. Indeed it is a pain in the ass, but I think this is the easiest way: Go to the Dungeon stage and pick the largest arena, get the grenade launcher, gather some ammo and go to the left bottom corner of the map. Stay there and keep shooting gas grenades in the entrance of the small cave. Use at least 2 all the time and every enemy will die almost without doing you any harm. Bullets will respawn right in front of you, but if you get short on them, just walk around the stage again to gather more.

That´s the way I did it and I did not have that much trouble. It just requires some patience.

Thanks for the advice! I just got that medal (it was the last one I needed) and now I only need the artifact 19 medal. However this weapon doesn't show up... Am I missing something?

XenonMonkey
XenonMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Mar. 11th, 2009 @ 03:06 PM Reply

How do i perform an execution?

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 55
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Mar. 11th, 2009 @ 03:11 PM Reply

At 3/11/09 03:06 PM, xenonmonkey wrote: How do i perform an execution?

Just stand in front of someone and press F. It´s a little diffecult though, as the game doesn´t always seem to react. So just keep pressing F until it eventually happens.

Anyway, like Ismael I am also still wondering how to get Artifact 19. I´ve tried to start a new game a few times and I refreshed, but it doesn´t help a bit. What exactly do you have to do?

BBS Signature
Little-Rena
Little-Rena
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Mar. 11th, 2009 @ 03:13 PM Reply

I'm just going to go for all the easy medals in games just so I can have some, since I suck at the majority of these games, lmao. I hope in the future, someone makes a game I can play. "Click button, u win!" yeah.

Caraboo
Caraboo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Mar. 11th, 2009 @ 03:16 PM Reply

At 3/11/09 12:05 AM, Ninjuku wrote:
I'm not allowed to say, but its possible...
I'm proud of my medals...
Alkie Kong 2 is proving to be more of a pain than expected though...

wow i didn't even realize that I already had the secret secret one... how is that a secret?? haha I can get 100% on that mini game.

q13qew
q13qew
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Mar. 11th, 2009 @ 03:53 PM Reply

Strange i have every achviements on thing thing arena 3 but it never gives the artifact 19 :(

Boxxy
Boxxy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Mar. 11th, 2009 @ 03:58 PM Reply

You- you're kidding me... I finally beat the game, and without using bombs too, I exited out of the game after the game finished and now everything is gone????

Well... sometimes things are too good to be true...

The Saiyans are a true ham and cheese sandwich, DON'T UNDERESTOMATO!

nobody404
nobody404
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Mar. 11th, 2009 @ 04:06 PM Reply

At 3/11/09 03:11 PM, Auz wrote:
Just stand in front of someone and press F. It´s a little diffecult though, as the game doesn´t always seem to react. So just keep pressing F until it eventually happens.

Eh... you have to hurt them first, and press F immediately after they get shot/hit. If you're just pressing F, it's not going to grab them until another enemy shoots them.

Gooch
Gooch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Mar. 11th, 2009 @ 04:36 PM Reply

At 3/11/09 06:23 AM, Zerok wrote: For headshots, there's quite a few weapons that work. I got mine with the Tavor as well, but things like the lazer, magnum, and even the dart grenade launcher work rather well too.

I felt like the laser would gib your enemies more than getting a headshot with them. You may get one for every two or three kills, but it's kind of a tricky weapon to use. Same goes for the magnum. I felt like the magnum is kind of unstable when it fires. You might have an aim for the enemy's head, but the gun will sometimes fire a touch to high above the head. I didn't use the dart grenade launcher too much for headshots, but it seemed like it could work just as well.

Caraboo
Caraboo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Mar. 11th, 2009 @ 04:37 PM Reply

At 3/11/09 04:06 PM, nobody404 wrote:
At 3/11/09 03:11 PM, Auz wrote:
Eh... you have to hurt them first, and press F immediately after they get shot/hit. If you're just pressing F, it's not going to grab them until another enemy shoots them.

Not true. And by the way friendly fire is off for them. They can only hurt each other with gas and explosions but they can not shoot each other.

Auz
Auz
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 55
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Mar. 11th, 2009 @ 04:46 PM Reply

I figured out the reason why artifact 19 didn´t work. Press pause when you´re doing a match and check the achievements option. Compare it with this page to see which weapons you are still missing the achievement for. You only need the weapon achievements, not the "over 9000!" and all that shit. Once you got them all, you´ll get Artifact 19 when you start a new game.

And I guess quiting game does give you the medal but does not give you the achievement ingame ;)

BBS Signature
Boxxy
Boxxy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Mar. 11th, 2009 @ 05:25 PM Reply

I suck with the rebound shotgun and I need to get that achievement, any tips?

The Saiyans are a true ham and cheese sandwich, DON'T UNDERESTOMATO!