00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ada242 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,636,450 Views | 29,795 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 15:26:06

Man, I never fight Stamper in non-balloon mode. He's just too crazy.

My strategy has always been to attack Stamper right out of the gate - more often than not you can get a very good juggle on him. Then allow him too balloon up. Jeff is very easy to avoid while you whack at the defenseless Stamper. His fart bubbles are also very easy to avoid.

I usually try and juggle Stamper when he falls out of balloon mode. It's a 50/50 chance at this I find. If he gets good counters going I'll just run away and avoid them until another ballooning.

Once Stamper is toast Jeff is easy pickings. Knock him down, then run away (if you're low on health). You can even feed him a few bombs if your score is relatively high and you've got close to max bombs.

I don't think I've ever taken Jeff out first, unless it's one of those incredibly rare instances where I manage to get them both in a big juggle.

Once you perfect this method, you can knock Jeff down every now and then while Stamper is ballooned, so the solo fight against Jeff is a little shorter.

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 16:11:42

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 16:24:24

They need to add Medals into the FAQ.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 16:31:27

At 3/9/09 04:11 PM, Hacsev wrote: Thing-Thing Arena 3 now has medals!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 5863

26 medals!? I know what I be playing for the next little while.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 16:56:15

At 3/9/09 04:31 PM, FurryFox wrote:
At 3/9/09 04:11 PM, Hacsev wrote: Thing-Thing Arena 3 now has medals!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 5863
26 medals!? I know what I be playing for the next little while.

SWEEEET!!!!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 17:30:43

Sorry if I ask something that is completely obvious here, but for Thing-thing arena 3: Are all the amount of kills with one weapon that you need for certain achievements added up over all games or do you need 100 kills in one match with that certain weapon?

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 17:46:07

At 3/9/09 05:30 PM, Auz wrote: Sorry if I ask something that is completely obvious here, but for Thing-thing arena 3: Are all the amount of kills with one weapon that you need for certain achievements added up over all games or do you need 100 kills in one match with that certain weapon?

I would have to assume it is per match. I don't think it tracks your "overall" progress at all.

Also:

Word of advice from reviewer BenelliM4:

Read this if you are not getting your achievements: If you get an achievement, you must die in the area you received it in or it does not count! Do not hit "Quit to Menu" if you want to keep your achievements! I made that mistake more than once and it cost me alot of time.

In case anyone misses it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 17:53:26

At 3/9/09 05:46 PM, Zerok wrote: In case anyone misses it.

Hmmm, I waited until I was killed before waiting a few minutes and closing the box, and none of my achievements have been tracked. I'm going to wait a few minutes, since a lot of people said that their achievements hadn't appeared until a while after they unlocked them. I'm hoping that this will work, seeing as I unlocked about four medals.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 17:55:16

i think bunny invasion 2 should have some that would be even funner

ME on Youtube! 20/20 subscribers!!!

My flash games and movies!

Huzzah!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 17:56:38

At 3/9/09 05:53 PM, mwmike wrote: Hmmm, I waited until I was killed before waiting a few minutes and closing the box, and none of my achievements have been tracked. I'm going to wait a few minutes, since a lot of people said that their achievements hadn't appeared until a while after they unlocked them. I'm hoping that this will work, seeing as I unlocked about four medals.

Yeah, I'd still expect some glitches to occur, especially when medals are so new to a game. There's bound to be some coding hiccups. I'd expect that the the game's author and/or PsychoGoldfish are online right now, test piloting the medals, so if you have any concerns you might try PMing them.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 18:03:25

At 3/9/09 05:46 PM, Zerok wrote:
At 3/9/09 05:30 PM, Auz wrote: Sorry if I ask something that is completely obvious here, but for Thing-thing arena 3: Are all the amount of kills with one weapon that you need for certain achievements added up over all games or do you need 100 kills in one match with that certain weapon?
I would have to assume it is per match. I don't think it tracks your "overall" progress at all.

Yes I found out that it is indeed per match. I just got the "Tag - You´re dead"-achievement and I know I was well over 100 deaths overall with that weapon.

As for the advice from that reviewer. I am pretty sure I did quit to menu when I got the "Execution" achievement and it did count on my list. But I am not 100% sure because I am half asleep right now, so better not run the risk I guess... =/

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 18:17:09

At 3/9/09 06:03 PM, Auz wrote: As for the advice from that reviewer. I am pretty sure I did quit to menu when I got the "Execution" achievement and it did count on my list. But I am not 100% sure because I am half asleep right now, so better not run the risk I guess... =/

Who knows, maybe they changed it in response to said review. Maybe the reviewer's computer was having trouble with the flash.

If you find you can get medals even after quitting, then go for it. I haven't played it with medals yet, so I dunno if a "medal achieved!" thing pops up when you get 'em... but if it does (it probably does), pause the game and open a new window/tab to see if your profile also updated.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 18:21:44

At 3/9/09 05:55 PM, deathofghosts wrote: i think bunny invasion 2 should have some that would be even funner

I agree with this

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 18:30:25

At 3/9/09 04:24 PM, InnerChild548 wrote: They need to add Medals into the FAQ.

they should
that would help new users learn about them quickly

ME on Youtube! 20/20 subscribers!!!

My flash games and movies!

Huzzah!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 18:36:17

I'm sure that it'll be added to the FAQ and prominently promoted once the system is bug-free and available to the public (though hopefully with some sort of selection process to screen out spammers).

I think I'm going into a love/hate relationship with medals, myself. I have a completion OCD when it comes to video games, so I need to either get them all or resign myself to the fact that I'm never going to beat Alkie Kong on brutal mode...

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 18:56:40

At 3/9/09 06:36 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: resign myself to the fact that I'm never going to beat Alkie Kong on brutal mode...

At first I figured I'd never get the Over-Achiever in P.D., but then today I rocked it in like 45 minutes.

So i guess it's all a matter of commitment/practice.

Though the major point medals in AK2 are pretty fuckin' crazy. =)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 19:40:26

How do you get the Execution medal in thing-thing?

god wants me dead Madness Combat Crew

Elite Guard Barracks

"It was good" - Honors American Literature

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 20:07:57

At 3/9/09 07:40 PM, lilhunter03 wrote: How do you get the Execution medal in thing-thing?

Slam the 'F' key while attacking at close range. It'll happen eventually. Also, while executing someone, you are invulnerable and your health will start to go up. I've already got 150 kills in a single match, lead pipe ninja and the execution medals on my first try.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 20:48:23

Do medals pop up as "achieved!" in Thing-Thing? Is there a restriction on what "mode" you play?

I just went at it for a while, and certainly "earned" some but nothing transferred over to my NG account.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 21:01:10

At 3/9/09 08:48 PM, Zerok wrote: I just went at it for a while, and certainly "earned" some but nothing transferred over to my NG account.

Hmm, they simply not responding. Interesting.

Oh well, I'm sure it'll work itself out at one point.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 21:23:43

You have to die in the round you get the medal in. You can't just quit out or restart it. Dunno if that's the problem but my medals have worked fine.

Oh, and congrats on 100% Portal Defenders.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 21:23:53

easiest way to do an execution is to whack 'em over the head with a lead pipe while tapping F over and over...
executions are awesome...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 22:08:57

At 3/9/09 09:23 PM, Mortikie wrote: You have to die in the round you get the medal in. You can't just quit out or restart it. Dunno if that's the problem but my medals have worked fine.

Yeah, I posted that reviewer's comment, though some people claim to have gotten medals when restarting.

What I'd like to know is if medals will "pop up" when you get them in-game (or when you die, whatever) so I can better diagnose my situation.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 22:25:02

At 3/9/09 10:08 PM, Zerok wrote: What I'd like to know is if medals will "pop up" when you get them in-game (or when you die, whatever) so I can better diagnose my situation.

All of my medals, I've gotten in-game as a scrolling pop-up.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 22:40:50

They've just popped up for me when I got them. I also got a score bonus with the same name as the medal.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 23:28:42

Quick question here. Whats the point?

I like potatoes! This is awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 23:35:44

At 3/9/09 11:28 PM, punchyguy wrote: Quick question here. Whats the point?

having a list with the links to tha games with medals and discuss about them
even asking for a little help on something you hard

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-09 23:58:43

At 3/9/09 11:35 PM, aldlv wrote:
At 3/9/09 11:28 PM, punchyguy wrote: Quick question here. Whats the point?
having a list with the links to tha games with medals and discuss about them
even asking for a little help on something you hard

I think he means what's the point of the medals. And they're like Xbox 360 achievements. They prove how much of a man you are.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-10 00:07:40

How do I unlock Artifact 19? From looking at the description in the game guide I thought I would have to get all the achievements for killing 100 enemies with each weapon, but I got all those and I don't think I have Artifact 19. It didn't say I unlocked it or anything, and I haven't gotten it in a round.

See my news post with medal hunting links and tools. I made a program NGMedals that finds your statistics and unearned medals.

There is also a browser script.

Maintainer of the Top Medal Point Users List and API Mod - feel free to PM with any issues.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-03-10 00:26:28

Wylo needs to fucking calm down with the achievements, jesus he's almost done Thing Thing aswell?!

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature