00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

UmanaJose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,638,889 Views | 29,795 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-29 23:45:08

At 7 hours ago, Tycrane wrote: New game.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/591048

Some tips from the author for the game:
Pro Tips: To throw konki, rather than just letting go of the mouse button, swing your mouse from left to right to build up momentum you'll be getting launches of over 500mph in no time!

Don't use you small boost (up arrow) untill you really have to, use it to save youself from stopping or bring you onto volcanoes and rainbows. Use your tilt wisely, holding left will elevate you further but slow you in the process!

Same approach with the special vehicles - use them wisely, the rocket is probably the most important, try using them at the end of your run. I'll be adding more badges, possibly some more distance ones too!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-01 01:22:17

At 1 hour ago, EdyKel wrote:
At 7 hours ago, Tycrane wrote: New game.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/591048
Some tips from the author for the game:

They actually make a huge difference. I still get the feeling that this game depends too heavily on sheer luck. Even a mildly succesful round takes up more than five minutes and when you then hit one of millions of obstacles that bring your speed down to almost zero, you will be sad. A kind of upgrade system would be good, so that you actually get rewarded for a decent score.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-01 02:04:05

At 38 minutes ago, Asandir wrote: They actually make a huge difference. I still get the feeling that this game depends too heavily on sheer luck. Even a mildly succesful round takes up more than five minutes and when you then hit one of millions of obstacles that bring your speed down to almost zero, you will be sad. A kind of upgrade system would be good, so that you actually get rewarded for a decent score.

You have no idea. 100 km took me about 20 minutes to play.

Also, the speed and physics in this game don't make sense. If you stare at your speed, distance, and height, you'll notice peculiarities. When you hit an obstacle in space, your speed probably won't take a hit, but your distance and height will stop changing for a moment. Like, what?

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-01 02:21:17

Apparently this game is on the gameswithmedals list, but it seems to display no medals... hmm...

(I didn't play it yet.)

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-01 12:36:14

Oh it's already posted, please disregard my previous post.

Yeah they need to do something about the save feature.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-01 14:33:57

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-01 20:17:22

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-01 20:22:35

At 4 minutes ago, ixfd64 wrote: New game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/591151

It's a game from CazaZach, so don't count on the medals working (which they don't).

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-01 20:37:19

At 13 minutes ago, SFS1313 wrote:
At 4 minutes ago, ixfd64 wrote: New game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/591151
It's a game from CazaZach, so don't count on the medals working (which they don't).

Also, it's obviously stolen work. IF you go to the main menu and look on the bottom, you can blatantly and plainly see the name of the real creators, and links to their sites (altho both links go nowhere, so that's another hint that it's stolen right there).

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-01 20:56:28

At 17 minutes ago, VJF wrote: Also, it's obviously stolen work. IF you go to the main menu and look on the bottom, you can blatantly and plainly see the name of the real creators, and links to their sites (altho both links go nowhere, so that's another hint that it's stolen right there).

Oh man, you're right! In fact, the original game is even on the Newgrounds, and was submitted in 2003!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-01 21:17:13

At 19 minutes ago, SFS1313 wrote:
At 17 minutes ago, VJF wrote: Also, it's obviously stolen work. IF you go to the main menu and look on the bottom, you can blatantly and plainly see the name of the real creators, and links to their sites (altho both links go nowhere, so that's another hint that it's stolen right there).
Oh man, you're right! In fact, the original game is even on the Newgrounds, and was submitted in 2003!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/97023

Thing is, I don't know who to contact about these stolen flashes/"medal"games or I would report it. Usually when these show up, neither Tom nor Wade is on, so who would be best to give a PM about these?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-01 21:25:53

At 4 minutes ago, VJF wrote: Thing is, I don't know who to contact about these stolen flashes/"medal"games or I would report it. Usually when these show up, neither Tom nor Wade is on, so who would be best to give a PM about these?

That's a good question. I already PM'd Tom about it, but I didn't even think to see if he actually was on line at the time. My guess is if not Tom or Wade, maybe a moderator? It was like that last time some idiot was spamming while posing as a member of Soup Squad.

Even if it does pass judgement (sadly, it seems folks do tend to pass crappy/stolen games if there are medals), at least Tom has links to both games through the PM I sent. But a definite answer on who to send a PM to if Tom or Wade aren't available would be a bonus, especially seeing how there isn't a whistle system at the moment.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-01 22:15:32

At 1 hour ago, VJF wrote:
Also, it's obviously stolen work. IF you go to the main menu and look on the bottom, you can blatantly and plainly see the name of the real creators, and links to their sites (altho both links go nowhere, so that's another hint that it's stolen right there).

Yeah, that and he also put down thief/stolen for the tags on it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-02 00:46:49

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-02 02:14:55

At 13 hours ago, Idiot-Finder wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/590901

I am still mad about this game deleting my save file. What a lame thing to do.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-02 03:01:58

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-02 03:04:16

At 4 hours ago, EdyKel wrote:

That's the first time I've heard of a stolen game having medals for it. LOL. I wonder how that slipped by?

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-02 03:12:06

At 5 minutes ago, ixfd64 wrote:
At 4 hours ago, EdyKel wrote:
That's the first time I've heard of a stolen game having medals for it. LOL. I wonder how that slipped by?

If that's your first time, prepare for the second:

That one's been around for almost 8 years, and he's just now claiming it's his game, even tho "2003 GameRival" is printed in the left hand bottom corner.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-02 03:49:48

At 1 hour ago, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 13 hours ago, Idiot-Finder wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/590901
I am still mad about this game deleting my save file. What a lame thing to do.

It's indeed something you can get mad about, and it's not just that it deletes it once: it doesn't save at all.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-02 04:01:09

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-02 05:29:47

At 1 hour ago, Knuckstrike wrote: It's indeed something you can get mad about, and it's not just that it deletes it once: it doesn't save at all.

It saves my game.......but I probably should back it up......

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-02 11:07:27

At 12 hours ago, EdyKel wrote:

Tom to the rescue. He deleted the CazaZach version. Unfortunately, I wasn't aware of the other game he supposedly stole as well (I say supposedly not because I doubt the theft, but I couldn't find any other info as to who the original author of the game was to prove it), so I didn't tell him about that one. If anybody's internet's search-fu is better than mine and can show that for a fact, I wouldn't hesitate to PM Tom about it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-02 16:43:13

Problems have been fixed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrReXFq8HhM
Video walkthrough of the last boss of Defender's quest. Camstudio is finally working again, so I could record it.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-02 16:53:03

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-03 05:52:31

The last 3 medals in Burrito Bison Revenge are broke, right? No one not even Nijsse has them apparently. I know the 15k distance and Sir Yes Sir didn't unlock for me. I do have a back up but trying to get thru the 40 I had left.....

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-03 07:01:46

At 1 hour ago, MatthewF wrote: The last 3 medals in Burrito Bison Revenge are broke, right? No one not even Nijsse has them apparently. I know the 15k distance and Sir Yes Sir didn't unlock for me. I do have a back up but trying to get thru the 40 I had left.....

Power Junkie works. I don't have it, but I've seem some people with that medal. The other 2 are still broken unfortunately. :(

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-03 09:06:15

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-03 11:02:08

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-03-03 14:50:09

At 22 hours ago, Knuckstrike wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/590901
Problems have been fixed.

I wrote pms to the author. Glad he finally corrected the problem.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature