Wasted an otherwise good story and what could have been a great game.
Art is great as always, and so are bgm and sfx, but that's about it. The rest is a mess:
- RPGs are turn-based for many reasons. One of them is to give the player the opportunity to plan the combat properly. This includes using items and who attacks what. RNG is best left for encounters, drops, damage/hit calculation etc. but DEFINITELY NOT ENEMY ATTACK TIME.
- Speaking of, there is no drop system apart from currency and said currecy serves only the purpose of buying healing items. Every item is found around chests and that's not very funny, as it requires almost no effort to acquire.
- Using mouse on battle screen menus is awful - Why not just use WASD + Enter? I don't think it should be very difficult to set that up.
- Equipments should give stats and not only defense and attack (although elemental weapons are okay in the game).
- The freezing spell breaks the game because it works against bosses. That's a capital mistake.
- I would say it's grindy, but grinding isn't even needed due to prior reason :(
Since the game is very well presented - only failing hard on the grasp of RPG concepts, I consider 2.5 stars adequate. I also played other games by you and understand you are a good artist but have trouble with coding stuff. There's a lot of people that can help you out with that, and you should probably get alpha/beta testers too - they are great to point out gameplay issues (e.g. freezing working on bosses etc).