00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

60d just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,651,271 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-23 18:47:44

At 7/23/10 06:31 PM, vlandeismilsoum2 wrote:
At 7/23/10 05:38 PM, WonderTheHedgehog wrote: Well, I can confirm that all of the medals in Epic War 4 are working. After 6 hours of non-stop grinding I have finally gotten the Grindfest medal. I did all of my grinding in the GoblinMadness stage because you get a decent amount of gold for what little effort you need to put in.
Little effort? I'm having a hard time with it. Any tips?
Besides, that Lord Baal stage and the Halt the big bang are HARD! And how do I unlock the last level (Which I presume it's where I can find the "Angelslayer" medal)?

If you have all 4 titans on your team as well as the were-tigers and orang utan you can literally just keep assaulting and you'll win. This team can beat almost any level with easy. On the Big Bang level make sure you keep attacking it and use time stop as much as possible, as long as you have a strong team you can beat it with ease. Same goes for Lord Baal; just keep using invincibility and time stop and you'll be fine.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-23 20:14:08

At 7/23/10 06:47 PM, WonderTheHedgehog wrote:
At 7/23/10 06:31 PM, vlandeismilsoum2 wrote:
At 7/23/10 05:38 PM, WonderTheHedgehog wrote: Well, I can confirm that all of the medals in Epic War 4 are working. After 6 hours of non-stop grinding I have finally gotten the Grindfest medal. I did all of my grinding in the GoblinMadness stage because you get a decent amount of gold for what little effort you need to put in.
Little effort? I'm having a hard time with it. Any tips?
Besides, that Lord Baal stage and the Halt the big bang are HARD! And how do I unlock the last level (Which I presume it's where I can find the "Angelslayer" medal)?
If you have all 4 titans on your team as well as the were-tigers and orang utan you can literally just keep assaulting and you'll win. This team can beat almost any level with easy. On the Big Bang level make sure you keep attacking it and use time stop as much as possible, as long as you have a strong team you can beat it with ease. Same goes for Lord Baal; just keep using invincibility and time stop and you'll be fine.

The thing about titans is that they're expensive, and slow. I would just stick with some of the weaker characters like goblins, Mad Bull, Phantoms, ect, with Oarangs and mighty Guardians as your heavy defense. The weaker groups can dish out a lot of damage with their quick attacks. And the heavy groups can withstand a lot of damage, but they move slow.

I don't use time stop very much, just during the big bomb stage, to get my characters away from the explosion. It takes up way too much mana. Spells like berserk, and shield, seem to work really well together, or alone - depending on the battle. They also use less mana than time stop. And during certain battles, when you don't have time to build up your mana, that can be a huge factor on whether you win or lose the battle. Also, those two spells, with the above mentioned groups, well turn your army into an unstoppable swarm of piranhas. They'll tear through any huge boss, or swarms of enemies. in seconds or minutes.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-23 20:21:17

At 7/23/10 03:48 PM, LDAF wrote: I did, I do understand what I'm supposed to do, but have pretty much no idea of how to achieve it. And I disagree, it is like the rubix cube in the way that if you get 1 line, you have to mess it up to get the others. It's I process I nicknamed "storing", where you have to store different things in the right place to solve the puzzle.

Oh come on, I'm saying you should understand the PUZZLE, not how to follow a video blindly. A trained monkey can do that. You don't seem to know how to do a rubik's cube either. You don't have to "store" pieces; you simply have to move them correctly.

I'm not trying to be unhelpful, but I just don't see how I can do a better job than a video that already shows you all the steps. Sorry.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-23 23:14:08

At 7/23/10 06:47 PM, WonderTheHedgehog wrote: If you have all 4 titans on your team as well as the were-tigers and orang utan you can literally just keep assaulting and you'll win. This team can beat almost any level with easy.

I'm trying to get the Lord of fire titan. They replace Units or heroes?

Time is never ever standing still, except on Never Ending Hill

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-23 23:18:21

At 7/23/10 11:14 PM, vlandeismilsoum2 wrote: I'm trying to get the Lord of fire titan. They replace Units or heroes?

Titans go in place of your units.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-23 23:29:02

At 7/23/10 11:14 PM, vlandeismilsoum2 wrote:
At 7/23/10 06:47 PM, WonderTheHedgehog wrote: If you have all 4 titans on your team as well as the were-tigers and orang utan you can literally just keep assaulting and you'll win. This team can beat almost any level with easy.
I'm trying to get the Lord of fire titan. They replace Units or heroes?

They're under the command of a hero. So, yeah, they can replace one of your units.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-23 23:32:28

At 7/23/10 08:14 PM, EdyKel wrote: The thing about titans is that they're expensive, and slow. I would just stick with some of the weaker characters like goblins, Mad Bull, Phantoms, ect, with Oarangs and mighty Guardians as your heavy defense. The weaker groups can dish out a lot of damage with their quick attacks. And the heavy groups can withstand a lot of damage, but they move slow.

I don't use time stop very much, just during the big bomb stage, to get my characters away from the explosion. It takes up way too much mana. Spells like berserk, and shield, seem to work really well together, or alone - depending on the battle. They also use less mana than time stop. And during certain battles, when you don't have time to build up your mana, that can be a huge factor on whether you win or lose the battle. Also, those two spells, with the above mentioned groups, well turn your army into an unstoppable swarm of piranhas. They'll tear through any huge boss, or swarms of enemies. in seconds or minutes.

I agree with you that titans are ridiculously expensive at first, and they are very slow. I was already having much success with smaller units, but I don't see them being able to stand up to the big bosses at higher difficulty levels. Even with liberal use of shield and time stop, I'm having difficulty getting my units anywhere close to baal on normal difficulty. Granted it might be a premature opinion since I've not levelled my spells fully, but I'm just wondering if you did stick to your titan-less strategy all the way till the last level in epic.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-24 01:21:06

FYI: the medals for http://www.newgrounds.com/game/gameswith medals/ have been removed for now.

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-24 01:22:48

At 7/24/10 01:21 AM, ixfd64 wrote: FYI: the medals for http://www.newgrounds.com/game/gameswith medals/ have been removed for now.

Sorry, the previous post did not come out correctly.
---
FYI: the medals for The Prison Escape have been removed for now.

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-24 02:06:41

At 7/23/10 11:32 PM, queenofbabes wrote:
At 7/23/10 08:14 PM, EdyKel wrote: The thing about titans is that they're expensive, and slow. I would just stick with some of the weaker characters like goblins, Mad Bull, Phantoms, ect, with Oarangs and mighty Guardians as your heavy defense. The weaker groups can dish out a lot of damage with their quick attacks. And the heavy groups can withstand a lot of damage, but they move slow.

I agree with you that titans are ridiculously expensive at first, and they are very slow. I was already having much success with smaller units, but I don't see them being able to stand up to the big bosses at higher difficulty levels. Even with liberal use of shield and time stop, I'm having difficulty getting my units anywhere close to baal on normal difficulty. Granted it might be a premature opinion since I've not levelled my spells fully, but I'm just wondering if you did stick to your titan-less strategy all the way till the last level in epic.

Baal is a pushover once you know how to take advantage of his weakness, which is: He can't hit any thing too close to him. So just rush your melee units up to him under the shield spell - on hard and epic, the only units I found that are able to hurt him are Valkyries and Mighty Guardians (the rest either can't hurt him, or just heal him with their attacks). No matter what unit you take, it's going to take time to chisels his life away. The only other threat you have to worry about is the Succubus' long range attack. Just use use thunderbolt, or a similar spell, to get rid of her.

Another weakness of Baal is : He never moves across the map. Just wait till your mana bar is full before you charge at him. If you haven't already bought the Altar upgrade for your castle, do so, and upgrade it. It'll increase your mana bar - I think it also speeds it up a bit (but don't quote me on that).

If you have enough mana, using Berserk, or rage, will increase your attack power - though I prefer berserk because it does more damage, but cost more mana points to use. Also, if you want to have a continuous effect, always watch the timer of the spell, and cast it again when it changes from 2 to 1.

As to your other question, I have used this tactic to beat every level on Hard and Epic, including the two hardest - where using titans may prove more troublesome to use in them because of the speed and strength of the units that attack you.

The trick is to wait till you have your mana bar at max before you take him on.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-24 02:24:46

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-24 02:34:13

At 7/24/10 02:06 AM, EdyKel wrote: Baal is a pushover once you know how to take advantage of his weakness, which is: He can't hit any thing too close to him. So just rush your melee units up to him under the shield spell - on hard and epic, the only units I found that are able to hurt him are Valkyries and Mighty Guardians (the rest either can't hurt him, or just heal him with their attacks). No matter what unit you take, it's going to take time to chisels his life away. The only other threat you have to worry about is the Succubus' long range attack. Just use use thunderbolt, or a similar spell, to get rid of her.

Another weakness of Baal is : He never moves across the map. Just wait till your mana bar is full before you charge at him. If you haven't already bought the Altar upgrade for your castle, do so, and upgrade it. It'll increase your mana bar - I think it also speeds it up a bit (but don't quote me on that).

If you have enough mana, using Berserk, or rage, will increase your attack power - though I prefer berserk because it does more damage, but cost more mana points to use. Also, if you want to have a continuous effect, always watch the timer of the spell, and cast it again when it changes from 2 to 1.

As to your other question, I have used this tactic to beat every level on Hard and Epic, including the two hardest - where using titans may prove more troublesome to use in them because of the speed and strength of the units that attack you.

The trick is to wait till you have your mana bar at max before you take him on.

Haha yes I have realized the weaknesses of Baal, but I realized that there is another thing that can be easily abused: level 5 shield spell. The best units for these are goblins, phantom ghosts, etc: units with high population that are individually weak, but total output (damage * population) is very high. So simply hang back and use heroes to fend off any incoming stragglers. At 400 mana, set off and cast shield once in range of enemies. Re-cast as it runs out. The small units, esp goblins and phantom ghosts, will also "leak through" any large enemies blocking the way, e.g. baal. You will destroy the enemy base before your mana runs out, and you probably won't have lost a single unit.

This method is clearly faster than using titans.

Edykel, how did you finish the last level on epic with the giant white beast without titans, though? It doesn't wait and comes straight for you, before you have time to build up an army or accumulate mana. That is the only level I couldn't beat without titans.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-24 02:46:12

At 7/24/10 02:24 AM, ugolegend94 wrote: new game.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/54 1653

the only medal in this game seems to work

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-24 02:56:41

At 7/24/10 02:34 AM, queenofbabes wrote: Edykel, how did you finish the last level on epic with the giant white beast without titans, though? It doesn't wait and comes straight for you, before you have time to build up an army or accumulate mana. That is the only level I couldn't beat without titans.

I sent my weakest and fastest units across the map as soon as they appeared. This helped to slow the advanced of the giant beast. It allowed me to build up more mana, then I went for an all-out attack on it, using level 5 shield as near as I could to him. I used melee heros, and the archer one for this battle; and for units I used Valkyries, mighty guardians, phantoms, were-tigers, mad bulls, and goblins. For spells, I only used two. Shield was constantly used, and rage occasionally. When I got his life down halfway, he began moving back towards his own castle - which was good because I didn't have to have shield on, and it allowed my mana to recharge a bit. He also began attacking some of my weaker units that got through his defense and were attacking his castle. while he was going after them, my main forces continued to pound on him. Eventually, he turned back, and I used the shield spell again, and continued till he was gone. I had enough mana left to cast shield again when the charged up sylphs appeared. Eventually, I destroyed their castle and won.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-24 04:30:05

just a quick question... i have brought everything i can in epic war 4 *not maxed them all yet though*...

but the ones with the green lines on the right handside are not avaible to buy yet... the question is...

Do i need to complete everything on normal *including the extra levels* (i already done all the normal ones on hard)

or do i need to keep buying stuff untill they unlock?... any help :3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-24 05:10:58

At 7/24/10 04:30 AM, LegolaSS wrote: just a quick question... i have brought everything i can in epic war 4 *not maxed them all yet though*...

but the ones with the green lines on the right handside are not avaible to buy yet... the question is...

Do i need to complete everything on normal *including the extra levels* (i already done all the normal ones on hard)

or do i need to keep buying stuff untill they unlock?... any help :3

I got a text somewhere in the game saying that you need a lvl 5 hero, to unlock another hero and the green part..

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-24 05:23:36

At 7/24/10 05:10 AM, Zoljix wrote: I got a text somewhere in the game saying that you need a lvl 5 hero, to unlock another hero and the green part..

ah cool thanks... i just had to level up a hero once for the green hero to unlock... :3...

thanks very much... now i can mass archers :3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-24 11:15:26

I can't figure out the medal in Shipwreck Survivor =/

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-24 12:31:06

At 7/24/10 11:15 AM, queenofbabes wrote: I can't figure out the medal in Shipwreck Survivor =/

Never mind, I got it. Some of the "correct" answers are rather silly.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-24 14:10:45

At 7/24/10 12:31 PM, queenofbabes wrote:
At 7/24/10 11:15 AM, queenofbabes wrote: I can't figure out the medal in Shipwreck Survivor =/
Never mind, I got it. Some of the "correct" answers are rather silly.

I can't get it.. So the medal answers are silly?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-24 14:29:21

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-24 14:54:12

Answers for Shipwreck Survivor are 2,2,4,1,3,3,4,2,2,3,2.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-24 15:03:02

At 7/24/10 02:54 PM, urrad wrote: Answers for Shipwreck Survivor are 2,2,4,1,3,3,4,2,2,3,2.

Awesome, thanks.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-24 16:56:22

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-24 20:43:12

I am so mad right now! Finally got the 'Grindfest' achievement on Epic War 4 and didn't get the medal.. It took me quite a while to get it and after all battles, after completing Epic mode, nothing???? It seems to be broken or sumth.. Just to notify you guys.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-24 21:03:22

Can someone post a guide for Shipwreck Survivor?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-24 21:38:34

At 7/24/10 08:43 PM, Zoljix wrote: I am so mad right now! Finally got the 'Grindfest' achievement on Epic War 4 and didn't get the medal.. It took me quite a while to get it and after all battles, after completing Epic mode, nothing???? It seems to be broken or sumth.. Just to notify you guys.

The medal DOES work; you might have been disconnected from Newgrounds for a short time in the middle of the game or something. As long as you saved recently and didn't save after buying all the upgrades you shouldn't have to grind that much more to get the upgrades again.

At 7/24/10 09:03 PM, Jiedong wrote: Can someone post a guide for Shipwreck Survivor?

Look four posts above you; urrad posted one.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-25 00:39:34

On Epic War 4, to get "EPICHERO" and "MASTEROFWAR" medals, must I beat the bonus levels (Goblin madness, Big bang and lord Baal) in hard and epic too? Or just normal levels?

Time is never ever standing still, except on Never Ending Hill

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-25 01:21:13

At 7/25/10 12:39 AM, vlandeismilsoum2 wrote: On Epic War 4, to get "EPICHERO" and "MASTEROFWAR" medals, must I beat the bonus levels (Goblin madness, Big bang and lord Baal) in hard and epic too? Or just normal levels?

No, just the normal levels are all you need to do.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-25 03:05:50

Oh god..I still remember the countless hours I spent getting all (the obtainable) medals for EW3..and now I have to do it all over again (let's face it, the two games are not THAT different).
These games would be so fun if it wasn't for the big, BIG grinding element.
Got some of the basic medals, now the real "fun" begins...it's probably going to take me around 5-6 hours.Sigh.
Anyway, I remember Kongregate having a video guide for EW3, do they have one for EW4 as well?
....or someone wants to write a guide? >:D