00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Heretoplayarnd just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,647,293 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-04-29 13:04:02

At 4/29/10 03:11 AM, nosesocks wrote:
Sure. Call it the "Oh, F Me Running!" club?

absolutely. our slogan should be
"never gonna be number 1"

lol. on a sidenote, still working on the i wanna be the flash game videos. it seems some people need help. if i could just get a list of the levels people really need help with it wouldn't take long to make a video for it. I'll check the last few pages of here, also if there are any you'd like done pm me or comment here.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-04-29 16:55:27

So just for "fun" I played through IWBTFG without using continues (with using the glitch), and it took about 48 minutes. Of that, (roughly) 7:30 was the platforms and spikes level, 18:00 and 60 lives were the volcano being random and the levels leading up to it, 5:00 was the blinking platforms, and 4:30 was the last level glitching and not registering all my bullets, making me reload the game on the boss fight 4 times and preventing me from bringing an actual completion time here. The remaining 13:00 was actual gameplay. So there's IWBTFG broken down by section.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-04-29 17:17:03

At 4/29/10 04:55 PM, chris-marks wrote: So just for "fun" I played through IWBTFG without using continues (with using the glitch), and it took about 48 minutes. Of that, (roughly) 7:30 was the platforms and spikes level, 18:00 and 60 lives were the volcano being random and the levels leading up to it, 5:00 was the blinking platforms, and 4:30 was the last level glitching and not registering all my bullets, making me reload the game on the boss fight 4 times and preventing me from bringing an actual completion time here. The remaining 13:00 was actual gameplay. So there's IWBTFG broken down by section.

Indeed, the game itself is REALLY small, but the hunderds of deaths make it seem like an odyssey..
Here is my time, with a few deaths, on the day after the first time I played the game.
I was extremely lucky because I managed to get past the two hardest parts (stupid spike platform-a few tries/volcano-first or second try, can't remember) really quickly, so the game is pretty easy for me now.
Don't know if I can be arsed to try for the 0 death medal, but at least I have all the others...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-04-29 17:21:09

At 4/29/10 12:26 PM, chris-marks wrote: Yeah, that game's had medals for about a week now I guess, but they don't unlock on the game page, only on your profile. Weird stuff. The points still count though, so that's good. Someone's already claimed guide-writing rights a couple pages ago too.

and that would be me, good sir.
however, i have little time to make a walkthrough and i need help on it myself, so disregard that, i'm an idiot. go ahead and do what you're best at, Chris, i'll help you out if you need.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-04-29 17:48:35

At 4/29/10 05:21 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: and that would be me, good sir.
however, i have little time to make a walkthrough and i need help on it myself, so disregard that, i'm an idiot. go ahead and do what you're best at, Chris, i'll help you out if you need.

jah...actually, here is something to start with: death traps (they may be some missins or in the wrong order)
First one is the house's roof, but it will only be activated if you double jump..then, the cloud.
Then there is a spike, but it too will only be activated if you double jump.
The three portions of the red floor room will come out when you're very near them-the first two are close to each other, the third one is a bit further.
Then all the red puzzle pieces.
Then, of course, the "death" word, and the window.
After these, the "of" of the next sign, and then the "L" shaped thingy at the space station's entrance.
Then, one of the small white balls after pacman will come from below.
After that, the part that requires you to jump between two spikes and then come back before you are squished by the piece of ceiling.
Then, much later, the small thingy that has red around it in the flash player section (with the fake save button).

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-04-29 18:00:27

Wow! Just wow! The latest response from the game creator:

Edit II: You guys seems to hate games that don't agree with the usual concept of how games work, this isn't an average game. Everything that is in here has been thought out thoroughly. But I guess some people don't like games they can't win unless they actually try.

Translation: "I suck at programming, but I'll never tell you that. Oh, and it's your fault for sucking at the suckage that I suckily suckaged. Ha ha ha"

At 4/29/10 07:44 AM, queenofbabes wrote: @Edykel, deleting save files is known not to work. Supposedly the game checks the medal database when it loads, so you can't fool it.

Really. I could have sworn I got a few repeat medals on my play over, when I lost all my game saved data here...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-04-29 18:33:56

At 4/29/10 06:00 PM, EdyKel wrote: Edit II: You guys seems to hate games that don't agree with the usual concept of how games work, this isn't an average game. Everything that is in here has been thought out thoroughly. But I guess some people don't like games they can't win unless they actually try.

So "trying", in his mind, means "dying until you figure it out"

Translation: "I suck at programming, but I'll never tell you that. Oh, and it's your fault for sucking at the suckage that I suckily suckaged. Ha ha ha"

mwahahah.what a prick.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-04-29 18:34:49

At 4/29/10 05:48 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
jah...actually, here is something to start with: death traps (they may be some missins or in the wrong order)

Although good information, we were talking about the guide for Valthirian Arc. Regardless, I don't have time to do any guides until at least next week. So there :P

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-04-29 18:45:58

At 4/29/10 06:34 PM, chris-marks wrote: Although good information, we were talking about the guide for Valthirian Arc. Regardless, I don't have time to do any guides until at least next week. So there :P

*auto-facepalm*
Meh, okay then, I'll just keep them here until someone decides to make a flash game guide...that could very well be me if it wasn't for the fact that I don't remember all the levels...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-04-29 20:05:25

At 4/29/10 06:34 PM, chris-marks wrote: Although good information, we were talking about the guide for Valthirian Arc. Regardless, I don't have time to do any guides until at least next week. So there :P

oh shiiiiiit, man!
well, i think that i'll make the guide for Valthirian Arc this weekend then. but i'm gonna need some assistance. who's with me to dissecate this beast and show it to the masses?!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-04-29 20:43:59

At 4/29/10 08:05 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: well, i think that i'll make the guide for Valthirian Arc this weekend then. but i'm gonna need some assistance. who's with me to dissecate this beast and show it to the masses?!

You can find a lot good information for that game on page 252.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-04-29 20:48:33

At 4/29/10 08:43 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 4/29/10 08:05 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: well, i think that i'll make the guide for Valthirian Arc this weekend then. but i'm gonna need some assistance. who's with me to dissecate this beast and show it to the masses?!
You can find a lot good information for that game on page 252.

i think you meant "452", lol.
anyway, thanks. i'll start the guide tomorrow, and i'll let you guys know if i ever need help.
in the meantime, who's going to make a guide for IWBTFG?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-04-29 21:09:32

At 4/29/10 08:48 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: anyway, thanks. i'll start the guide tomorrow, and i'll let you guys know if i ever need help.

As soon as someon posts a pic of every level, I will...
By the way, I'm playing Dragon Boy (never got the medals-probably because I was bored)...those freaking blobs on Hard mode are so tough!!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-04-29 21:43:25

At 4/29/10 09:09 PM, HeavyTank wrote: By the way, I'm playing Dragon Boy (never got the medals-probably because I was bored)...those freaking blobs on Hard mode are so tough!!

The Scorpions are a royal pain later on in Hard mode. Best of luck with that level grinding.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-04-29 21:48:05

At 4/29/10 09:43 PM, nosesocks wrote: The Scorpions are a royal pain later on in Hard mode. Best of luck with that level grinding.

Tell me, do you get any new items in hard mode?
Because the game said I would, but I am halfway through hilltop, I don't even know how much money I have (game says 5000+, but it's probably around 12000) and I can't find a new item..and let's not talk about the uber-slow levelling...ugh.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-04-29 21:49:59

Some newer equipment should drop eventually. Certain monsters never drop loot. The Giants will hook you up. The Witch Doctors will as well. Don't worry, you aren't stuck with the same crappy equipment for the remainder of the game.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-04-29 22:09:51

At 4/29/10 08:48 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: i think you meant "452", lol.
anyway, thanks. i'll start the guide tomorrow, and i'll let you guys know if i ever need help.

Hah. Yeah, that would have been a little too far back.:)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-04-29 22:31:25

I might be up for some writing, actually. Although I still have not figured out exactly how LP is awarded in hunts/errands. Is anyone clear on this? Edykel, any new insights?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-04-29 22:53:00

At 4/29/10 10:31 PM, queenofbabes wrote:
I might be up for some writing, actually. Although I still have not figured out exactly how LP is awarded in hunts/errands. Is anyone clear on this? Edykel, any new insights?

It's either "hits" or "kills" per character. I say this because I would have 2 healers hang in back and 1 sorcerer to clean up surges and one low-level apprentice attack monsters one at a time. As such, the apprentice would do most of the kills, and therefore would get a ton of LP. I'm not sure if it's kills or hits, though.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-04-29 23:09:03

Yet when I bring four level 1 guys along to the hunt, 3 of whom did absolutely nothing while the other was killing everything by herself, they get the same number of LP....

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-04-29 23:30:39

At 4/29/10 11:09 PM, queenofbabes wrote: Yet when I bring four level 1 guys along to the hunt, 3 of whom did absolutely nothing while the other was killing everything by herself, they get the same number of LP....

Aaaaaanyway. I've already written what I suppose can be reasonably called a guide

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-04-30 01:04:02

At 4/29/10 10:31 PM, queenofbabes wrote:

I'm pretty confident that character levels, and number/type of enemies killed, determine the total amount of LP you get from the Hunts. I do know, regardless if a character/s get killed or not, each one will get the shared amount listed, which approximately comes out to 1/8 of the grand total . Character that survive, or do more more damage/kill, get more LP from the grand total. On Errands, each character receives a quarter of the listed LP total, which is also based on character levels. The amount of gold you get is also based on character levels to. The higer your character levels are the more gold you'll get.

On another note, not entirely unrelated to this, I went to the game 's creator webpage. Pretty interesting stuff about what could have been for the game:

And now, for Post Mortem, about how i feel in post-release of "Valthirian Arc":

TBH, im not too satisfied with the result this time. I admit Azrael and Archeia did excellent job in the graphic, i (the game designer) was the troublemaker. Valthirian Arc was never meant to be a grind-fest game with crappy AI. My initial Design was larger than that (it supposed to have Storylines, Events, each students have their own mood, traits, etc, just like normal RPG do), Initial Classes was 20 (Arquebusiers, Snipers, Divine Arcana, Janissaries, Crusaders, Witches, Summoners and much more) instead of 8.

The problem lies in time quota for the development. I'm 17 years old now, and in the final year of my highscool. I will take decisive national examination in 2 weeks from now (fail the exam and i fail the ENTIRE 3 years highschool). The development time is very very very limited, so unfortunately we have to cut MOST of the features, butchering the game as is. Yes, we did the game in rush, and this version of Valthirian Arc is considered the "Lite" version.

However, we are happy enough to see positive repsonse from you guys ^^. We'll try our best and work on the full version later after i get to the college (I'm taking IT Faculty - probably Game Developing). Until then, i'll halt my activity in game developing. See you later when i'm a college student! Thank you for everything!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-04-30 03:27:36

need some sleep for the vast amount of pico day medals comin

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-04-30 04:35:42

I finally completed "I want to be the flash game" but still I miss two medals that are "SLOW DOWN SPEED RACER" and "ZERO HERO" to get these two medals should really finish the game in 30 minutes and never die or there is a trick??

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-04-30 04:36:16

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-04-30 06:12:57

At 4/30/10 04:35 AM, ugolegend94 wrote: I finally completed "I want to be the flash game" but still I miss two medals that are "SLOW DOWN SPEED RACER" and "ZERO HERO" to get these two medals should really finish the game in 30 minutes and never die or there is a trick??

Yes, there is.
If you want ZH and SDSR just close the game and then restart from the last checkpoint until you make it to the next one without dying...your previous deaths and extra time will be removed.
Also, happy Pico Day everyone...be ready for some new medal games (And I'm halfway through Hard Mode.Ugh)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-04-30 06:21:21

At 4/29/10 09:43 PM, nosesocks wrote:
At 4/29/10 09:09 PM, HeavyTank wrote: By the way, I'm playing Dragon Boy (never got the medals-probably because I was bored)...those freaking blobs on Hard mode are so tough!!
The Scorpions are a royal pain later on in Hard mode. Best of luck with that level grinding.

Ha, I also started playing Dragon Boy again yesterday. Have fun with 'Oh Snap', it's by far the hardest and most annoying level. Once you beat that level it's kinda easy to beat hard mode, it just takes a lot of time leveling up.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-04-30 06:38:44

Don't feel like playing the Stickya Adventurya copycat right now... I'll wait for the messload of medal games that'll come out today...

Pico Day '09 was kinda lack-luster, and Da Pink Knight can suck a hard one...

sigless...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-04-30 06:46:55

Hey hey, da pink knight was a really well-made game you know.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-04-30 06:53:43

At 4/30/10 06:12 AM, HeavyTank wrote:
Yes, there is.
If you want ZH and SDSR just close the game and then restart from the last checkpoint until you make it to the next one without dying...your previous deaths and extra time will be removed.
Also, happy Pico Day everyone...be ready for some new medal games (And I'm halfway through Hard Mode.Ugh)

mhahahahaha, I love these tricks , thanks for your help HeavyTank!

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature