00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thatgooner just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,648,649 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-15 18:05:21

At 12/15/09 05:25 PM, DigDogy wrote: Winner helmet: Beat Seppuku Tower
Tankman helmet: Beat normal difficulty (?)
Paper bag helmet: Beat easy difficulty (?)

Winner scarf: Beat Seppuku Tower
USA flag scarf: Get all platinum medals on easy difficulty (?)
Soul trail scarf: Beat Seppuku Tower on hard difficulty

If I recall, Tankman is getting all platinums on normal, and I think paper bag is getting all platinums on easy. Or something like that.
I remember I got paper bag before Tankman, and I remember constantly retrying level 1-1 with the paper bag, so I presume that was me starting hard mode (which I did after I got all platinums on easy).
No idea about USA flag scarf; I thought it was all platinums on easy too, but NikLink doesn't have it, so I can only guess it's something silly like beating the tower with a different hat.

At 12/15/09 06:00 PM, LDAF wrote: Hey, do these items actually have any benefit? Because I can swear after putting on the winner helmet that my guy got a little bit faster...

I don't think so; it might all be in your head! Besides, I doubt The-Swain would program in such a function and not mention it (especially in a game like this, and more so because high scores are involved).

Doomsday-One, working on stuff better than preloaders. Marginally.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-15 19:28:06

At 12/15/09 06:05 PM, Doomsday-One wrote: No idea about USA flag scarf; I thought it was all platinums on easy too, but NikLink doesn't have it, so I can only guess it's something silly like beating the tower with a different hat.

I think that is in fact what it is. I remember one of them specifically being given for beating the tower in a different hat, but I don't remember which one it was.

Also, regarding sliding, I was holding my down key the whole time, so letting up on it wasn't the issue. I did find, however, that I had a higher chance of keeping my momentum if I released the A key while sliding.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-15 21:27:17

Oof, beat Normal mode, so l got the long fall, horse and contsetant medals...the only one l could get is the all platinum on Easy, and then l never touch this game again.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-16 01:30:54

OH GOD YES I FINISHED NORMAL MODE YEAAAHH. I think 5-6 is simply the worst level ever. I had to beat my previous time by almost 40 seconds to get a gold medal on that one.

Also confirming for gear:
Paper Bag - Beat Easy with all platinum medals
Tank Man - Beat Medium with all platinum medals
Soul Trail - Beat Hard with all platinum medals
Winner Helmet/Scarf - Finish Seppuku Tower zone
USA Scarf - Get Long Slide, Long Fall and Fall Recovery trophies

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-16 03:30:13

I think this ranks up there with DD, but I am getting the hang of it faster than I did with Alkie Kong 2.

Only the hardest medal left to go...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-16 03:49:45

At 12/16/09 03:30 AM, SpiffyMasta wrote: I think this ranks up there with DD, but I am getting the hang of it faster than I did with Alkie Kong 2.

I say it's way easier than DD and Lastman since you don't have to play for 30 minutes straight without making an error to achieve the medals.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-16 04:49:24

At 12/16/09 03:49 AM, DigDogy wrote: I say it's way easier than DD and Lastman since you don't have to play for 30 minutes straight without making an error to achieve the medals.

You're right, that probably is what makes it easier. You get to restart as soon as you make a mistake. It's more repetitive, but you don't waste as much time. That reminds me how much I hate Lastman.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-16 06:09:46

At 12/16/09 04:49 AM, SpiffyMasta wrote: That reminds me how much I hate Lastman.

That reminds me how happy I was when I finally beat it :D

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-16 09:23:02

At 12/16/09 06:09 AM, DigDogy wrote:
At 12/16/09 04:49 AM, SpiffyMasta wrote: That reminds me how much I hate Lastman.
That reminds me how happy I was when I finally beat it :D

That reminds me of me going "lolwut?" when l got the "go home" medal without actually beating the game...I had an evil grin on my face for the next 10 minutes :P
By the way, the CCB level that was harder for me to beat was the level in the last stage before the Tower...it had LOADS of rocks that come out of the wall and hit you...it took me 10 minutes to complete it because of the epic amount of time it took me to get past some specific obstacles...
The Tower wasn't that hard though...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-16 09:48:30

At 12/16/09 01:30 AM, NikLink wrote:

I got USA flag when I got Long Slide medal

Madness is great.Madness is what is all about.

My video collection :)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-16 10:20:22

Some of the levels in Hard mode are really forgiving. And some are really not. It's a weird hodgepodge.

Also, did anyone else think that any Tankman helmet made him look like a girl?

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-16 10:34:23

At 12/16/09 09:48 AM, Karl11 wrote:
At 12/16/09 01:30 AM, NikLink wrote:

I got USA flag when I got Long Slide medal

I can confirm that, you only need to do the Long Slide to get the USA scarf. Just tested it with a fresh savegame.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-16 12:40:45

At 12/12/09 01:51 PM, Doomsday-One wrote: Hey, how come this guy has a high score on hard, but doesn't have the Hard Mode medal (you get platinums on hard mode for just completing the stages)?
I smell cheating...

...Or, perhaps his connection timed out before he finished hard, and so it didn't send the medal. Then, when he beat the final level for a second time, his high score sent, but not the medal he rightfully deserves. Now he/I can't get the medal.
Needless to say, I'm a little upset

Was just reading back on this post and wtf? lol I don't get it. You link to your own page and then say he cheats? I'm guessing you're just being sarcastic, but still kinds strange... lol

Anyways, I don't understand the picture in that post (That probably wont show up here so you'll have to go back to 378). Is that 23 minutes 13 seconds? and thats how much time you had left on the clock combined? Or thats your total time it took to complete each level?

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-16 13:31:18

At 12/16/09 10:34 AM, DigDogy wrote: I can confirm that, you only need to do the Long Slide to get the USA scarf. Just tested it with a fresh savegame.

Really? Long Slide was the first thing I got (I did it during the tutorial), and I didn't think I got the USA scarf until later.
Oh well, I must be mistaken.

At 12/16/09 12:40 PM, waynerz99 wrote: Was just reading back on this post and wtf? lol I don't get it. You link to your own page and then say he cheats? I'm guessing you're just being sarcastic, but still kinds strange... lol

It was a bad joke which also served as a method of complaining about how my connection timed out so I didn't get the medal.

Anyways, I don't understand the picture in that post (That probably wont show up here so you'll have to go back to 378). Is that 23 minutes 13 seconds? and thats how much time you had left on the clock combined? Or thats your total time it took to complete each level?

The latter. That is the sum of my completed times for all of the hard courses. Afterwards, you can go back and complete individual levels quicker to improve your time (i.e. make the time smaller), which will update your high score.

In other news, someone has a high score only 7 seconds away from mine; I do like a challenge!

Doomsday-One, working on stuff better than preloaders. Marginally.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-16 13:51:05

I just went back with an almost fresh savefile and did Long Slide in the tutorial and earned the USA scarf for it. So yeah, that's it.

And now that that's all sorted out, I'll put my complete savefile back so I can go back to any level I want.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-16 15:23:24

Long slide fits the USA scarf well. Just think baseball.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-16 17:30:32

comment on my page or i´ll stab you in the face.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-16 17:44:36

Fun little game.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-16 18:21:02

At 12/16/09 05:30 PM, hhahahahahha wrote: hey guys look at this http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/52 1353

Ha, l knew this was going to get medals even when it was UJ...well, off to get some.
It looks easy, but grindy.We'll see.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-16 18:31:52

At 12/16/09 06:21 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 12/16/09 05:30 PM, hhahahahahha wrote: hey guys look at this http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/52 1353
Ha, l knew this was going to get medals even when it was UJ...well, off to get some.
It looks easy, but grindy.We'll see.

The only medal that could be considered grindy is cccccombo breaker, the rest (while it requires multiples plays to get EVERY one) are easy enough to get without grinding. You get the 1000 enemies one if you beat the game once, pretty much

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-16 18:54:49

finished the game was pretty easy now ill try to get the other medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-16 19:03:45

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-16 19:14:05

At 12/16/09 06:54 PM, hhahahahahha wrote: finished the game was pretty easy now ill try to get the other medals!

Yes, it was very easy (although I died once because of a stupid mistake), but does anyone have any idea about how to transform a boss into a spike?I thought that it meant just to pick up the spike upgrade after killing a boss, but no..you gotta do something else.
Also, the cursor lagged a lot, and the fact that I was playing with a mousepad didn't help AT ALL.
Now my finger hurts :(

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-16 19:32:43

At 12/16/09 07:14 PM, HeavyTank wrote: Also, the cursor lagged a lot, and the fact that I was playing with a mousepad didn't help AT ALL.
Now my finger hurts :(

dim the lights, playing in fullscreen should fix the lag fails. If it doesnt, try fullscreen AND low quality

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-16 19:41:10

heavytank i think for make a boss spike u need to save the spike upgrade and when u are fighting a boss click the boss and the spike upgrade i almost had it but i didnt know nukes can delete upgrades

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-16 19:49:39

Omfg that new game...

I was playing it in fullscreen mode and suddenly it crashed and ma screen goes black, and then I can't start windows! Luckily I could still start Linux so it was obviously not a hardware problem.

What a shock.

Managed to reinstall windows in half an hour though and I'm fine now!
I'm afraid to play the game again just in case that was actually the cause.

Might have just been a fluke, or ma graphics drivers deleting themselves or something.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-16 20:13:48

At 12/16/09 07:49 PM, matt-likes-swords wrote: Omfg that new game...

I was playing it in fullscreen mode and suddenly it crashed and ma screen goes black, and then I can't start windows! Luckily I could still start Linux so it was obviously not a hardware problem.

What a shock.

Managed to reinstall windows in half an hour though and I'm fine now!
I'm afraid to play the game again just in case that was actually the cause.

You... reinstalled Windows because of a flash game?That's the first time I EVER heard that...great, now you made me not want to play in fullscreen mode :(

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-16 20:29:40

Alright, two things:

First, if you're going for C-C-C-C-C-C-Combo Breaker, do it in its own game. You WILL suffer for doing it, because you basically have to let your enemies launch half a dozen missiles while you have barely anything tetraformed. I was knocked right back to starting state.

Second, you do indeed turn a boss into a spike by attracting the purple "give me a spike" ball to it. It looks like the screenshot below, and moves LABORIOUSLY slowly. It's seriously been 5 minutes since I took that screenshot, and it's advanced all of two inches toward me. Unfortunately I didn't think to take the screenshot until the medal popup was already on its way out, but there you go. Also, spiked enemies have significantly more hit points, so be careful while you're getting this one; if you accidentally spike another enemy and decide to play through it, it's going to take a long time to get rid of that enemy.

Though that may be the key to getting the "Ouch My Ears" medal... hmm... Actually the key to that one may be to play on a slower computer, similar to that Balloon Boy game.

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-16 20:32:22

At 12/16/09 08:29 PM, chris-marks wrote: Alright, two things:

First, if you're going for C-C-C-C-C-C-Combo Breaker, do it in its own game. You WILL suffer for doing it, because you basically have to let your enemies launch half a dozen missiles while you have barely anything tetraformed. I was knocked right back to starting state.

I got it by being really, really lucky..and to think that l though "l'm never gonna get it by chance"..

Second, you do indeed turn a boss into a spike by attracting the purple "give me a spike" ball to it. It looks like the screenshot below, and moves LABORIOUSLY slowly. It's seriously been 5 minutes since I took that screenshot, and it's advanced all of two inches toward me. Unfortunately I didn't think to take the screenshot until the medal popup was already on its way out, but there you go. Also, spiked enemies have significantly more hit points, so be careful while you're getting this one; if you accidentally spike another enemy and decide to play through it, it's going to take a long time to get rid of that enemy.

I think that you can't defeat that big guy..so if you wanna finish the game without dying, you'll have to restart.

Though that may be the key to getting the "Ouch My Ears" medal... hmm... Actually the key to that one may be to play on a slower computer, similar to that Balloon Boy game.

Yes, l got the Ouch my Ears with that guy, just before he hit me.
By the way, does anyone mind if I write a small guide for this game for the lulz?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-16 20:33:01

At 12/16/09 08:29 PM, chris-marks wrote: Though that may be the key to getting the "Ouch My Ears" medal... hmm... Actually the key to that one may be to play on a slower computer, similar to that Balloon Boy game.

it counts frames, not time.

also when you have a spike boss, there's no way to kill it :P better commit suicide