00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

harkhan71 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,654,617 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-26 18:32:46

At 5/26/09 11:28 AM, Wylo wrote: I'm officially back now and was hacked before. Everything's good now and all I need to do now is get organized and caught up on things.

You do have some catching up to do, but it's good to see you back. Hopefully you can get back to the top again.

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

Follow me on miiverse MELLOWYELLOWHDR

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-27 00:38:36

wowwww the new set up is annoying as hell...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-27 04:52:53

At 5/27/09 04:25 AM, Frank-The-Hedgehog wrote: Harro? Any good guides for sonny 2?

here

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-27 06:11:00

At 5/26/09 03:23 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 5/26/09 02:44 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 5/26/09 12:39 PM, Sentio wrote:
That fight is as much about luck as it is skill,
Ah, now l remember: he can heal himself completely AND kill you inthe same turn using "withdrawl"....
How do you counter that?
Ok l did beat him (out of sheer luck) but now l have an even bigger problem the Warden.
I tried killing him some seconds ago and he had 20 health and it was my turn...AND HE FUCKING ATTACKS AGAIN and killed me.
When this game does stuff like that l want to jump out of the window....but l'll show him who
's the boss!

You wait until you get an enemy down to 1 HP, with only one of your party left standing- you have time to get two strikes in before he kills you and yet the first strike misses, and then he has two turns on the trot using a speed buff and kills you. That has happened to me twice, and I could have smashed my face against the keyboard both times.

Back to zone 6 now... at least I've got legend now on this run, so I can train to my hearts content and give myself a fighting chance. Having wasted this much time getting here I feel I have to go all the way...

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-27 07:33:30

At 5/26/09 05:57 PM, FurryFox wrote:
What difficult setting you on?

The hardest....obviously...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-27 08:15:08

i wish there was a lower setting then low on the graphics in sonny 2... something like high, med, low, block!
that way i would be able to re-do the levels with more then 3 people in quicker... my computer isnt happy with the quality of work people are making and refusing to work quicker!... hopefully i can get all these sonny2 medals and be on my way... i hate playing games iv already played again... *cough* a small favour *cough*... just seems pointlessly long winded... mesa like the arcade games which are short fun and sweet... anway... anyone who hasnt given up on the seed medal yet whos worked it out WHOM will share how they did thou task!?... also along with any tricks people may have found to work around the problem medals where you can only get 2, 1 or none depending if you read before you play...

O.o

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-27 08:32:57

At 5/27/09 08:15 AM, LegolaSS wrote: i wish there was a lower setting then low on the graphics in sonny 2... something like high, med, low, block!
that way i would be able to re-do the levels with more then 3 people in quicker... my computer isnt happy with the quality of work people are making and refusing to work quicker!...

Right now l am fighting the two mages and the knight, and they're frustrating as fuck because they regenerate all of their health when you're about to kill them.
Plus, l missed an attack that would win me the game and died in the same turn.I think the game makes you miss game-winning attacks on purpose.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-27 08:48:12

At 5/27/09 08:32 AM, HeavyTank wrote: I think the game makes you miss game-winning attacks on purpose.

Dont even get me started on the (miss) system... aghh... the amount of times i could of won if it didnt miss my vital attacks... yeah sure let my simple attacks through.. but as soon as i spend all 100 on the power attack... *miss*... AGHH... that would have done over 400 damage and wiped out that mage... but instead he misses and causes me to have to restart.. so i do.. then they all gang up on the medic and have my first three turns deicated on healing him... i wish i could choose which attacks they did as well... then i could have them mages knocked down silenced and then deaded... >:3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-27 08:59:06

At 5/27/09 08:48 AM, LegolaSS wrote: Dont even get me started on the (miss) system... aghh... the amount of times i could of won if it didnt miss my vital attacks... yeah sure let my simple attacks through.. but as soon as i spend all 100 on the power attack... *miss*... AGHH... that would have done over 400 damage and wiped out that mage... but instead he misses and causes me to have to restart.. so i do.. then they all gang up on the medic and have my first three turns deicated on healing him... i wish i could choose which attacks they did as well... then i could have them mages knocked down silenced and then deaded... >:3

And this time l had them all down on my own (the other 2 had long died) by hust spamming leading strike, crystalise and Toxicant for healing.. except for a mere mage (by the way Vera here is totally useless, he dies in the first 4 turns...).
And then l see that l had like 400 health, and there was no way l could stop his next attack...he hits me, l survive...and then my attack fails and l die.
WHY OH WHY?Why do l have to waste 30 fucking minutes of my life for every fight?And this for 150 points!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-27 09:07:27

At 5/27/09 08:59 AM, HeavyTank wrote: Why do l have to waste 30 fucking minutes of my life for every fight?And this for 150 points!

im stuck on the same bit.. *well thats where i left off*... im going for the same tatic as you... crystal / leading strike / toxic form... the other dude its some times usefull with his attacks... sometime darn right retared... *il use my most powerfull attack on the guy thats shielded!*...

and why do you waste your time?... why are you asking me?... you should know why... why?... your a stat whore!

Well done HeavyTank you have been branded a medal statwhore... possibly again...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-27 09:14:32

At 5/27/09 09:07 AM, LegolaSS wrote: im stuck on the same bit.. *well thats where i left off*... im going for the same tatic as you... crystal / leading strike / toxic form... the other dude its some times usefull with his attacks... sometime darn right retared... *il use my most powerfull attack on the guy thats shielded!*..

You spend 10 minutes getting them on low health and they spend 0.2 seconds to get it ALL back.This is just insane.

and why do you waste your time?... why are you asking me?... you should know why... why?... your a stat whore!

Ah...the sacrifice is great, but l ill endure all this and come up eith the points, even if l have to spend the whole weekend!

Well done HeavyTank you have been branded a medal statwhore... possibly again...

Why thank you!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-27 10:07:22

At 5/27/09 09:07 AM, LegolaSS wrote:
At 5/27/09 08:59 AM, HeavyTank wrote: Why do l have to waste 30 fucking minutes of my life for every fight?And this for 150 points!
im stuck on the same bit.. *well thats where i left off*... im going for the same tatic as you... crystal / leading strike / toxic form... the other dude its some times usefull with his attacks... sometime darn right retared... *il use my most powerfull attack on the guy thats shielded!*...

Just got to keep doing it til you get a lucky run...

FINALLY got ashes to ashes. Zone 7 is stupidly easy with a speed bio, thank goodness. It only took three solid days to get there...

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-27 10:15:25

At 5/27/09 10:07 AM, Sentio wrote: FINALLY got ashes to ashes. Zone 7 is stupidly easy with a speed bio, thank goodness. It only took three solid days to get there...

three days... no wonder why im not getting anywhere fast >.<... a few hours each day for medal games / newgrounds... i need clones!... or something along of the lines of that anway... o.O

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-27 11:18:58

At 5/27/09 10:15 AM, LegolaSS wrote:
three days... no wonder why im not getting anywhere fast >.<... a few hours each day for medal games / newgrounds... i need clones!... or something along of the lines of that anway... o.O

Or hax :P
Anyway l started a new game to get the Hydra medal + the Clemons one, but l am finding the second one extremely hard if you're a biological...l don't feel like starting yet another game to get a 25 point medal, so is there any way l can get it when l am a Bio?
Or else l will have to play once to get the hard medals, another time on challenging to get Clemons and yet another one to get Hydra...
And getting them all in one run is I-M-P-O-S-S-I-B-L-E.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-27 11:50:24

i will never hack... its lame and shows you have no skill...

currently... iv been playing splat the civilains on seed of destruction... i still havent gotten over 84... bloody time runs out >.<... im currently using sweeping tail whips... where in the last 10 seconds go up a bit then dive down speeding up... while spinning left (if your going right... meaning anti-clockwise) and brake as your about to hit the crowd of people... keep spinning (you will still be moving while you spin even with the brakes on) and when your tail is about to come up... speed forward and go the other way (so your now going to the left side of the screen)... hopefully your tail will catch 2 more you should be able to pull one off within 3 seconds but there really isnt any point in doing it before that 10 seconds... otherwise your wasting time?.... why am i even helping... i havent done it yet... still trying to find a way of doing it... *i want grenades on my sperm!*...

*i can see that last comment coming back to haunt me*

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-27 13:25:09

At 5/27/09 11:50 AM, LegolaSS wrote: i will never hack... its lame and shows you have no skill...

I agree....

currently... iv been playing splat the civilains on seed of destruction... i still havent gotten over 84... bloody time runs out >.<... im currently using sweeping tail whips... where in the last 10 seconds go up a bit then dive down speeding up... while spinning left (if your going right... meaning anti-clockwise) and brake as your about to hit the crowd of people... keep spinning (you will still be moving while you spin even with the brakes on) and when your tail is about to come up... speed forward and go the other way (so your now going to the left side of the screen)... hopefully your tail will catch 2 more you should be able to pull one off within 3 seconds but there really isnt any point in doing it before that 10 seconds... otherwise your wasting time?.... why am i even helping... i havent done it yet... still trying to find a way of doing it... *i want grenades on my sperm!*...

Well, sincerely, l don't think that there's a way of doing this except by having "life" as your username.....
You can try as much as you want, but for me it's purely wasted time.Spinning your tail may be useful but it keeps you in one spot, so it's the same as going forward...and you get a reasonable amount of civilians only in the last 10 seconds....so stop wasting your time with that medal and try something else...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-27 13:36:11

At 5/27/09 01:25 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
Well, sincerely, l don't think that there's a way of doing this except by having "life" as your username.....
You can try as much as you want, but for me it's purely wasted time.Spinning your tail may be useful but it keeps you in one spot, so it's the same as going forward...and you get a reasonable amount of civilians only in the last 10 seconds....so stop wasting your time with that medal and try something else...

Such a wise conclusion.

I have abandoned all hope for that game. Until life reveals the secret.

I need to get going on those sonny 2 medals. I see there's some good guides going around.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-27 14:17:52

At 5/27/09 11:18 AM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 5/27/09 10:15 AM, LegolaSS wrote:
Or hax :P
Anyway l started a new game to get the Hydra medal + the Clemons one, but l am finding the second one extremely hard if you're a biological...l don't feel like starting yet another game to get a 25 point medal, so is there any way l can get it when l am a Bio?
Or else l will have to play once to get the hard medals, another time on challenging to get Clemons and yet another one to get Hydra...
And getting them all in one run is I-M-P-O-S-S-I-B-L-E.

Nah, I got them all on the same run as a bio, it just takes an awful lot of patience. To get the Clemons medal with just the one character I resorted to stun blocking him constantly. Crystalise, wait for it to run down, hit him with break, repeat. It doesn't do a huge amount of damage, but it stops him from constantly healing. Very time consuming mind.

The hydra medal is easy if you respec and put all your stats into vitality. Combine that with reform and just use that and crystalise to make sure only one enemy is attacking at a time. You can heal your teammates and just leave them to do the damage. I didn't attack the hydra at any point during that fight.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-27 14:24:30

Crystallize-Break-Crystallize (AKA the almighty Stunlock) can beat pretty much any solo enemy in the game, if you've got the patience.

Don't make fun of us because we look like eggs!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-27 15:26:27

At 5/27/09 02:24 PM, Kamikazetomato wrote: Crystallize-Break-Crystallize (AKA the almighty Stunlock) can beat pretty much any solo enemy in the game, if you've got the patience.

as long as you dont bloody miss with the break... then he spends a turn getting all his hp back... AGHHH!

anway.. seed of destruction has been put aside for the time... im getting some sonny 2 medals on my list >:3... athough its taking its dam sweet time... im on the level with the sniper / comander and medic...

god sake... why does this game hate me?... *stun lock the comander*... then the sniper powers up... goes to stun him with attack... *miss*... (snipers turn) shoots hard hitter guy in the face... (deaded)...
next turn crystal commander... sniper takes a pot shot on the medic and kills him... then im screwed as there shields go down... and they have another turn to smeg the living daylights out of me...

this game is more down to luck... i cant control the other people (really) to stop them doing stupid things... grrr...

calm down legolass... its only a game...
At 5/27/09 02:58 PM, Someguy wrote: did he just talk to himself?

yes.. yes i did.. ¬¬

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-27 16:10:42

The I am illiterate medal isn't working for me.
Is it buggged for anyone else?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-27 16:11:46

I love the medals feature. It makes Newgrounds seem more like Kongregate. So is the wide screen feature. Weird. Right now is only the BETA test. When the BETA test is over, users could put medals on their games as well. I can't wait!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-27 16:15:49

At 5/27/09 04:10 PM, IamWeird33 wrote: The I am illiterate medal isn't working for me.
Is it buggged for anyone else?

The author made it so you could only get one of the two medals (I am Literate and I am Illiterate), unless you open two windows of the game and get them both at the same time. But if you got one of them already, then you can't go back and get the other one.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-27 18:14:24

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-27 18:16:07

At 5/27/09 06:14 PM, SupraAddict wrote: I can't get the mecha 3 medal, can anyone help me?

Walkthrough here

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-27 19:05:54

At 5/27/09 06:16 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
At 5/27/09 06:14 PM, SupraAddict wrote: I can't get the mecha 3 medal, can anyone help me?
Walkthrough here

Thanks Spiffy, I appreciate it.

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-27 19:06:50

You know what sucks? Me not having all the medals anymore (with the exception of the Drunken Deity)... You know what feels great though? Summer with my friends and actually enjoying my real life. I thought maybe I'd have more time over summer to do this shit but I'm gettin a job and out of my house all the time.. So it looks like I'm just gonna drop out of the medal race until school starts at the beginning of September.. Haha maybe I'll go for some of the ones that take time then.. when I have it. To everyone I used to be above and kick ass: Enjoy the medals. I'll see you all in a few months. Maybe I'll get a medal here and there but I'm wayyy too out of here to come in and sit around for hours getting everything. Waste of time now that I have the summer. Peace.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-27 19:33:56

Hi there. Somebody linked me here to ask this question so here goes.

The author of Newgrounds Pass 3 said to come to the forums if the medals are not showing up for this game. havn't had any problem with earlier games. why this one not working?

I'm using chrome and yes i've tried IE/firefox. Anybody else having this problem? I can load my game and all the achievements show up, but none of the medals

Thanks in advance

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-27 22:22:07

||+ The Arrow of Time +||

I've read in the walkthroughs by various people that you can get the Upgrade medal (I have the power) in Free Play.
What I'm curious about is, can you get the Time Hunter (dino kill) medal in Free Play as well?
Or is just that one medal achievable via Free Play mode?

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-27 22:26:39

At 5/27/09 10:22 PM, KrevZabijak wrote: ||+ The Arrow of Time +||

Or is just that one medal achievable via Free Play mode?

I'm pretty sure you can get all of them in free play Krev.