00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bam76pixon just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sonic the Hedgehog

6,751 Views | 93 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-06 13:16:31

I love a good childish rant.

Some people like sonic some people obsess over it like you it seems and others dont like it and some hate it. Its how all things are so learn to live with it.
Also a game that consits of keeping right pressed and pressing a doesn't class as hard.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-06 17:33:12

At 3/6/09 10:33 AM, VenomKing666 wrote: It's not about "respecting" the other guy's opinion, it's about "not disrespecting it". I don't know if you get what I mean.

It's okay to think someone is a fucktard because he has one opinion, but give the guy a chance to prove his point with arguments and do not just think it because of your own fanboyism or any other kind of conviction.

I think soni-
-NONO SHUDDUP YOU STUPID FANBOY
-but...
-UR STUPID

Good point, I'll have to agree with you. I got a little carried away since this is like the 735476th thread on this subject.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-06 19:15:17

At 3/4/09 07:05 PM, Talio17 wrote:
At 3/4/09 07:01 PM, Dragoonwing wrote: I can tell by your post count that you don't know much about the community here. Most Newgrounders are tired of all the things Sonic Team is doing to him. Think about it:
a gun, a shitty next gen game, a sucky racing game, and now a sword?!

Basically a lot of people want Sonic to back to the 2D days when all he did was run and never spoke a single word. Plain and simple.
two problems. that shitty next gen game was epically fucking awesome, and the sword was just a cool idea. Nintendo Power even said, Sonic and the Arthurian setting went along together pretty well.

Wow, you have a TERRIBLE taste in games. Sonic unleashed is the biggest fucking piece of shit game. Look at ANY review for it, professional or player, and you will see that you are the only one who can stand it.

If you want the real sonic, buy the old sonic on XBLA or Virtual Console (I don't think its on PSN)

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-06 19:19:30

At 3/6/09 06:50 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Just play the damn game.

Damn straight. *nodnod*

When all else fails, blame the casuals!

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-06 19:32:03

At 3/6/09 07:15 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: Wow, you have a TERRIBLE taste in games. Sonic unleashed is the biggest fucking piece of shit game. Look at ANY review for it, professional or player, and you will see that you are the only one who can stand it.

If you want the real sonic, buy the old sonic on XBLA or Virtual Console (I don't think its on PSN)

Sonic Unleashed was not a piece of shit, the running levels were amazing and the controls are spot on. If any Sonic game is shit, then it's '06. The Sonic we have is the real Sonic. Just because you're one of those several dicks that go, "Old Sonic is awesome, the new him sucks, har har har," doesn't mean his new games are crap.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-07 03:18:08

i agree with you

this is it the b.o.j.c.z.u.k

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-07 03:20:02

in fact i think it is awsome but the old sonic games are crap

this is it the b.o.j.c.z.u.k

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-07 04:15:52

At 3/7/09 03:20 AM, bedsidetable wrote: in fact i think it is awsome but the old sonic games are crap

Leave.

Now.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-07 10:01:07

lol

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-07 10:34:53

At 3/7/09 03:20 AM, bedsidetable wrote: in fact i think it is awsome but the old sonic games are crap

I think every Sonic game except for Sonic Riders was good.

another bad one was Sonic R (I have my reasons)

If at first you don't succeed, then you suck.

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was Chuck Norris? All of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-07 10:41:17

At 3/4/09 07:01 PM, Dragoonwing wrote: I can tell by your post count that you don't know much about the community here. Most Newgrounders are tired of all the things Sonic Team is doing to him. Think about it:

Basically a lot of people want Sonic to back to the 2D days when all he did was run and never spoke a single word. Plain and simple.
two problems. that shitty next gen game was epically fucking awesome, and the sword was just a cool idea. Nintendo Power even said, Sonic and the Arthurian setting went along together pretty well.

What are you?
5?
You're profile is lies.

Haven't you learned that Nintendo power works for Nintendo?
That it's an advertisement that you basically PAY FOR?
It makes you think they're completely truthfull, but they're hired to promote Nintendo games, that's there sole purpose, even if a game is shit, they'll purposely bump its score up, and they barely review games that are not exculisvely Nintendo, because they don't want to promote other companies. Ever notice how any game with Mario, Link, Sonic, or Metroid get insanely high reviews? While 3rd party games get shit, even the good ones.

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-07 11:42:52

At 3/4/09 06:54 PM, Talio17 wrote: Ok, that's it, I'm freakin tired of all the assholes dissing it

It's called an opinion, accept it and move on.

FEED ME

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-07 12:10:31

At 3/7/09 10:41 AM, squidly wrote:

What are you?
5?
You're profile is lies.

Haven't you learned that Nintendo power works for Nintendo?

for one thing, Nintendo power DOESN'T work for nintendo, it's a bunch of people who keep people updated ABOUT nintendo, not to mention, I've watched gameplay videos... it's awesome.

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was Chuck Norris? All of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-07 12:17:53

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-07 12:54:11

Sonic is overrated, much like mario and megaman. There are boring

[url=http://www.rewards1.com/index.

php?referrer_id=1106924][img]http:/

/www.rewards1.com/images/referralBa nners/01.gif[/img][/url]

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-07 13:31:27

At 3/7/09 12:10 PM, Talio17 wrote: for one thing, Nintendo power DOESN'T work for nintendo, it's a bunch of people who keep people updated ABOUT nintendo

Then why does every Nintendo game I buy have a little sheet of paper pinned to the inside cover telling me to subscribe to Nintendo Power? And why does there tend to be a massive discrepancy between NP's review scores and most critical averages when it comes to Nintendo releases? And hell, how do you think the magazine gets all of that exclusive info about the Big N?

Holy shit, you're so naive. I don't know whether or not the magazine is actually owned by Nintendo, but even if it isn't, they still follow stringent guidelines from the company to not diverge from its interests. All "official" console publications are like that.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-07 13:44:13

At 3/7/09 12:54 PM, lolzville wrote: Sonic is overrated,

new sonsure is pal

much like mario and megaman. There are boring

OH NO YOU DIDNT JUST SAY THAT

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-07 13:45:18

At 3/7/09 12:54 PM, lolzville wrote: Sonic is overrated,

new sonis sure is pal ***

much like mario and megaman. There are boring

OH NO YOU DIDNT JUST SAY THAT

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-07 13:48:23

At 3/7/09 01:45 PM, VenomKing666 wrote: new sonis sure is pal ***

God fucking dammit I did it wrong again, fuck this.

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-07 18:56:13

At 3/7/09 01:35 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Because they endorse it. If Nintendo owned Nintendo Power, all first-party titles would get perfect scores and no complaints.

No, because that would obviously discredit the magazine even to its core fanbase. And clearly you didn't read my entire post, because my whole point is that even if Nintendo doesn't actually own the magazine, they are still connected. Don't you think that Nintendo Power would like to continue to have Nintendo's endorsement? Don't you think that Nintendo would stop that endorsement if the magazine was conflicting with their interests?

....there isn't?

Oh, okay. Clearly you've done your research (/sarcasm). If you're going to say something like this, at least try to back it up. Now, here's the scores of some recent major franchise releases for the past couple of console generations (I looked up "modern" Sonic games and first-party titles that I either knew to have generally bad reviews or found when running a search for major Nintendo franchises) in NP compared with the metacritic average (all scores acquired via metacritic):

Sonic Unleashed: NP- 80, metacritic- 66
Sonic and the Secret Rings: NP- 85, metacritic- 69
Sonic Riders: NP- 80, metacritic- 59
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity: NP- 70, metacritic- 56
Sonic Heroes: NP- 84, metacritic- 72
Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut: NP- 74, metacritic- 57
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle: NP- 84, metacritic- 73
Wii Play: NP- 70, metacritic- 58
Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness: NP- 85, metacritic- 64
Pokemon Colosseum: NP- 94, metacritic- 73
Pokemon Channel: NP- 72, metacritic- 55
Star Fox: Assault: NP- 84, metacritic- 67
Star Fox Command: NP- 95, metacritic- 76
Mario Party 5: NP- 84, metacritic- 69
Mario Superstar Baseball: NP- 90, metacritic- 76
Donkey Kong Barrel Blast: NP- 65, metacritic- 46
DK: King of Swing: NP- 80, metacritic- 70

Somehow, I doubt that this can just be shrugged off as coincidence.

Because even though Nintendo doesn't own it, they're still in league with the magazine.

See above.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-08 13:52:35

At 3/7/09 11:42 AM, 51430 wrote:
At 3/4/09 06:54 PM, Talio17 wrote: Ok, that's it, I'm freakin tired of all the assholes dissing it
It's called an opinion, accept it and move on.

Ya, but everyone who doesn't like it is screaming for SEGA to end the Sonic series. What about those of us who like Sonic? We don't want our favorite games ruined by someone else's opinions!

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-08 14:37:57

At 3/8/09 01:52 PM, Talio17 wrote: Ya, but everyone who doesn't like it is screaming for SEGA to end the Sonic series. What about those of us who like Sonic? We don't want our favorite games ruined by someone else's opinions!

You have no idea what "free speech" is, do you? It means that anyone here can freely express their opinion, regardless of what you find to be offending. There are numerous people here that do not like the series, some do, like you, and there are others like me, who neither like nor hate it.

The good people here are simply expressing their thoughts on the matter. If you like Sonic, fine. But others will not like him, and there will be nothing you can do about it, so as I said, accept it and move on.

Besides, SEGA doesn't have to listen to any of these people if they don't want to. As I said, it's an opinion. Just because some of them want it shut down, doesn't mean it will happen.

FEED ME

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-08 16:44:20

At 3/7/09 07:36 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: And yet, Nintendo does not own Sonic/Sega. Maybe Nintendo Power *gasp!* actually LIKES Sonic games!

It doesn't matter that Nintendo doesn't own Sonic. Sonic is one of the most commercially viable franchises in the industry, especially in the younger demographic (a large, profitable portion of the Wii's consumer base). Because of this, not to mention how closely tied Sonic has become to core Nintendo franchises recently (Mario, Smash Bros., etc.), it's in Nintendo's best interest to nurture Sonic's continued commercial success.

Metacritic is one thing, but Nintendo Power doesn't stem far from the overall opinion of other "professionals."

Metacritic is the overall opinion of other "professionals." It's not a perfect system, but it's the most accurate average we have. And judging by all the examples I posted, it seems that NP does tend to stem pretty far from that overall opinion.

But whatever. The point I'm trying to make here is that it's stupid to make an argument for something by using a publication that's officially endorsed by that something. There are plenty of more reliably impartial sources out there. Use them to extol the values of modern Sonic games instead, if you can.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-08 18:34:18

It's not the speedy gameplay we mind. It's the slow, 3+ God of War style levels we don't like.

And if we run outta bullets? Heh, baby, they're gonna wish we hadn't....

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-08 19:24:05

Sonic just needs to go back to his roots. Simple gameplay and shit. He was OSSIM back then. Now that they are adding new stuff to him like *cough* SWORDS*cough* they just dont work out.

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-08 21:43:37

I grew up with the Genesis-era Sonic games. No matter how much Sega spoofs up the graphics and adds new twists, the new games will always be inferior to the old ones. People like me love them so much that seeing all of these different types of Sonic games just doesn't seem to make sense. That's one of the reasons that people want the series to end. It got such a good rep from it's roots (being a 2D side-scroller), that a huge tangent like this isn't necessary.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-08 21:50:01

Am I the only person who used to like Sonic who now thinks that he should be put down?

Want to play something or just chat? Click here. For all the daily shit that happens in my life, click here.

Achievement Whore Status: 47th place as of 05/18/09

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-08 21:53:01

At 3/8/09 09:50 PM, SniperWolf1564 wrote: Am I the only person who used to like Sonic who now thinks that he should be put down?

That's a silly thing to ask in this forum.

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-08 21:56:21

At 3/8/09 09:53 PM, Maverick-Alex wrote:
At 3/8/09 09:50 PM, SniperWolf1564 wrote: Am I the only person who used to like Sonic who now thinks that he should be put down?
That's a silly thing to ask in this forum.

I realize I worded that sentence a little funny.

Want to play something or just chat? Click here. For all the daily shit that happens in my life, click here.

Achievement Whore Status: 47th place as of 05/18/09

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic the Hedgehog 2009-03-08 22:00:11

At 3/8/09 09:43 PM, manonthemoon516 wrote: I grew up with the Genesis-era Sonic games. No matter how much Sega spoofs up the graphics and adds new twists, the new games will always be inferior to the old ones. People like me love them so much that seeing all of these different types of Sonic games just doesn't seem to make sense. That's one of the reasons that people want the series to end. It got such a good rep from it's roots (being a 2D side-scroller), that a huge tangent like this isn't necessary.

Guess what so did I and I still play the newer games. Despite playing his games for 15 I'm not going "Dur his old games are awesome while his new ones suck dur!" Look I love the old Sonic games too but I'm not gonna hover them forever and say they are the best games in the series. Just like how Mario does something different in each game so is Sonic, only his changes are more radical than Mario's. I do believe Sonic fell on hard times, but after games like Secret Rings, Black
Knight, and Unleashed, I'm starting to regain faith in Sonic Team that we'll be getting better games in the future.

BBS Signature