00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

An explosion of stuff!

31,539 Views | 114 Replies
Respond to this Topic

An explosion of stuff! 2009-02-26 15:21:51

Florida residents: Egoraptor, Tomamoto, The-Swain and Luis will be running a Newgrounds booth at MegaCon in Orlando this weekend! Go say HI!

A bunch of artists from the Audio Portal have come together to make an album, Synthetica!

You can also listen to a sample of the album! You can purchase it on iTunes by clicking here.

ReNaeNae has put together a great post highlighting a lot of current art activities. Two in particular:

1. Join the Isometric Pixel Art contest!

2. A group of artists have formed an account on NG to post tutorials! Check out Art101.

In other news...

Pixtropolis City, a pixel music video collaboration to Metropolis by ParagonX9, two months in the making, will be in the portal on March 6th.

Murudai and Rig have been developing an Xbox Live Community Game that will soon be available!

Remember back in 2000 when we had that Newgrounds party at the Trocadero in Philly? Does anyone still have original photos from that? Nathan is looking for hi-res pics for his documentary. If you have pics, email them to tom AT newgrounds.com.

Thank you to everyone who has bought Hans' One Shot Comic. Your support makes more projects like this possible!

14hourlunchbreak likes his Dandy t-shirt and so will you!

Join the Monkey Round the World experience! And thank you Rig for plugging it in the Artist News box. :)

In NG Twitter news, it looks like we'll have 600 followers by Monday... But what if we hit 700 instead?

There is some great Flash you may have missed this week! This list goes from serious, to funny, to totally random. Your favorite Flash of the week just might be here:

An explosion of stuff!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to An explosion of stuff! 2009-02-26 15:23:45

That's one sweet explosion of stuff you got there. I really need to sign up to Twitter soon, don't I?

Response to An explosion of stuff! 2009-02-26 15:23:35

if you offer prizes to one twitter subscriber every week, i'm sure you'll gain more than 700 fairly soon

BBS Signature

Response to An explosion of stuff! 2009-02-26 15:24:30

This is all very exciting news, and yay for slides!

Visiting Newgrounds Since 2003

BBS Signature

Response to An explosion of stuff! 2009-02-26 15:24:31

That CD looks pretty sweet. May have to purchase it some day...

Response to An explosion of stuff! 2009-02-26 15:25:40

If you aren't on Twitter, you don't need to go out of your way; we just want Twitter users to know we're there. And we just MIGHT start doing weekly trivia giveaways. :)

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to An explosion of stuff! 2009-02-26 15:28:28

who I bet the EP guys are going to make quite a bit of money now =O

Response to An explosion of stuff! 2009-02-26 15:30:22

At 2/26/09 03:25 PM, TomFulp wrote: And we just MIGHT start doing weekly trivia giveaways. :)

Might? Hell, that's good enough for me, I've signed up to Twitter now. It's a pretty cool site and about time I conformed to all of this Web 2.0 nonsense ;)

Response to An explosion of stuff! 2009-02-26 15:41:02

At 2/26/09 03:21 PM, TomFulp wrote: A bunch of artists from the Audio Portal have come together to make an album, Synthetica!

You can also listen to a sample of the album! You can purchase it on iTunes by clicking here.

Don't forget to DIGG that shit if you can't afford to buy it!

http://digg.com/music/Synthetica_EP_Demo _Track

:D

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to An explosion of stuff! 2009-02-26 15:42:36

At 2/26/09 03:41 PM, Zerok wrote:

Hey, it's Zerok :)

BBS Signature

Response to An explosion of stuff! 2009-02-26 15:51:47

At 2/26/09 03:42 PM, Nicholas-Deary wrote:
At 2/26/09 03:41 PM, Zerok wrote:
Hey, it's Zerok :)

Hey ho whaddya know.

BBS Signature

Response to An explosion of stuff! 2009-02-26 15:52:32

Wow did you send a memo out to all the light users to read this post or what?

Response to An explosion of stuff! 2009-02-26 15:58:56

They made a awesome album, might buy it, great songs etc ;D

Response to An explosion of stuff! 2009-02-26 15:59:03

Nice, I am going to try those art tuttorials, thanks!

Response to An explosion of stuff! 2009-02-26 16:14:34

And representing the pinkies...

lolwut. so many light users.

Anywho.. everyone should definitely buy Synthetica. It's made of awesome. Plus.. buying it encourages more collaborative albums in the future... which I believe are already somewhat in the works.

Also, tune in to Radiogrounds! It's one of the best ways to keep up with things going on in the AP. Lots of new DJs on the site (like me lololol) as well as new radio shows (like the Tuesday Zerobombcast) and the return of Monthly Audio Contest radio shows.. such as the MAC09 Valoltines Radiocast.

I'm out of town at the moment.. so I'm not on as much.. but lot's of other NG people are DJing live on the site very frequently. And hell.. I'm probably going to DL a pile of NG music and do a set on my sister's computer for lulz. It's great stuff.. so definitely check it out!

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to An explosion of stuff! 2009-02-26 16:23:01

The pixel art contest sounds awesome.
Its to bad I don't have any art skills or I would enter.
Anyway thank you Tom for the EXPLOSION of great news.

COKEHEAD75

Response to An explosion of stuff! 2009-02-26 16:24:11

Awesome, a shit load of news. I like the fact that I was 7 when that party happened, so no I probably don't have pics :3

Response to An explosion of stuff! 2009-02-26 16:27:16

At 2/26/09 03:21 PM, TomFulp wrote: Join the Monkey Round the World experience! And thank you Rig for plugging it in the Artist News box. :)

An interesting way to gain some Newgrounds publicity. I think this may be where one of my remaining NG Tank stickers from the meet up finally heads. Kudos to the lucky guy or girl who gets that in their box, when they open it.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to An explosion of stuff! 2009-02-26 16:28:54

Yeah, i guess I'll come follow Newgrounds on Twitter one day...

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to An explosion of stuff! 2009-02-26 16:32:58

The NG Digg Team has submitted a lot of good flash to Digg but we still need more people to Digg those submits.

All you need to do is press the "Digg" button.

Please join Wade's Digg Team.

More info on the Digg team at http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?
id=1014356

Also I made a post about the Digg team http://johnny29.newgrounds.com/news/post /266584

[New Servers on the Way!] [Twitter] [My Site] [My NGLog]

Click on the image!

Sig by bangyouredead

BBS Signature

Response to An explosion of stuff! 2009-02-26 16:39:09

Are we ever going to have another Newgrounds party that doesn't involve meetups or cons?

Response to An explosion of stuff! 2009-02-26 16:39:37

Wow sounds great!

Future sprite animator...

Response to An explosion of stuff! 2009-02-26 16:50:08

That's ALOT of great news! Guess i'm gonna have to stay tuned!!! :D

Wakka wakka

Response to An explosion of stuff! 2009-02-26 16:52:08

FUCK!

What the fuck about PS3 owners? Is NG ignoring us?

Response to An explosion of stuff! 2009-02-26 16:54:16

This is one explosion that I wouldn't mind running down a long corridor and jumping out of a window for.

Response to An explosion of stuff! 2009-02-26 17:09:53

At 2/26/09 03:25 PM, TomFulp wrote: If you aren't on Twitter, you don't need to go out of your way; we just want Twitter users to know we're there. And we just MIGHT start doing weekly trivia giveaways. :)

Seriously, that's the only reason I'd sign up for Twitter >.> Both for the chance to win a prize (whatever it may be) and also to show off my Newgrounds trivia knowledge ;p

Great news stuffs, the album sounds awesome. Not that I'm into techno or synthetic music at all but it's definitely a fantastic project and I hope it gets a bit of recognition.

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to An explosion of stuff! 2009-02-26 17:13:38

At 2/26/09 04:52 PM, DocSprite wrote: What the fuck about PS3 owners? Is NG ignoring us?

The game being developed by murudai isn't associated with Newgrounds, it's just a project by him and Rig .. who I suppose met here on Newgrounds. Just goes to show how far the Newgrounds community reaches.

Developing a game for PSN is much more difficult than developing for Live because you need a dev-kit; with Live you can simply download the XNA SDK and develop games for free (though I think you need to join MSDN as a developer for $100 or something). Hopefully Sony will release a SDK allowing homebrew development for the PS3 but it's a lot of work and they'd only get a lot of stick about copying Microsoft, but as a programmer I can't think of anything I'd like more ^_^

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to An explosion of stuff! 2009-02-26 17:45:07

I now need to get myself the comic book and the album. Bankrupt me why don't you :P

Heavy Vibes

BBS Signature

Response to An explosion of stuff! 2009-02-26 17:46:46

more like assplosion because most of the stuff posted there I didn't care about.

dude

Response to An explosion of stuff! 2009-02-26 17:58:55

I love it when you explode Tom.