00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,783,576 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-25 14:13:19

At 5/25/12 02:01 PM, lawFX wrote: I'm not that stupid, lol.

Definitely going to stop making new aliases for everything now...

Apologize for laughing at your situation. Haha, you are Sequenced?!?!

Chromium is bad, always bad.

$200 to get your Gmail account's password back.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-25 14:16:19

At 5/25/12 02:13 PM, NorskeDrittsekk wrote:

Pfft. Can't throw away money like that. ^.^

Twitter: @dropthelaw | MSN: lawfx@live.co.uk | (old acc: Sequenced).

I make flash-friendly electronic music loops. Please use them and credit me. :) lawFX AUDIO

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-25 14:20:11

At 5/25/12 02:16 PM, lawFX wrote:
At 5/25/12 02:13 PM, NorskeDrittsekk wrote:

Pfft. Can't throw away money like that. ^.^

You can try to contact Tom and prove to him you were the guy who went to NY meet. :-D

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-25 14:29:09

At 5/25/12 02:20 PM, LaForge wrote: my brother had his third child about 15 minutes ago. Russel, 6 pounds. his two daughters have been here since yesterday and are spending about 4 days here. my first nephew, i'm pretty fucking stoked. can't wait to blast heavy metal into his face and teach him how to shoot clay targets with a twelve gauge.

kidding

shove electronic dance music to his face so that he'll become the first world class DJ before he is 10.

I make flash-friendly electronic music loops. Please use them and credit me. :) lawFX AUDIO

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-25 17:06:59

LOL! I was chilling out with some friends outside, and then suddnely this dude who seemed like he had snorted a few lines comes up to us and says 'Hey man, I just got out of prison, so can you guys give me some money 'cause I don't want to steal any'. We said we didn't have any money with us, even though behind us there was a new crate of beer we just bought, but he didn't seem to notice and started asking other people. Random stuff...

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-25 17:21:28

At 5/25/12 05:06 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: LOL! I was chilling out with some friends outside, and then suddnely this dude who seemed like he had snorted a few lines comes up to us and says 'Hey man, I just got out of prison, so can you guys give me some money 'cause I don't want to steal any'. We said we didn't have any money with us, even though behind us there was a new crate of beer we just bought, but he didn't seem to notice and started asking other people. Random stuff...

Last time someone asked me for money, they did so with a knife. So I did what any sane person would do...

Gave him the finger and told him to go fuck himself.

Then ran away.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-25 17:28:41

Speaking of random shit...

8th Graders finally got beaten down the other day. The administrators of my school warned them "Juniors are really getting pissed off by you guys. Please start being aware of other people.."

Two days later, there were a group of 8th grade kids walking in the hallway blocking everything. A couple juniors finally pushed a guy out of their group, and the little guys didn't stand a chance.

Moral of the story: Don't act like you're on top when you're not even in high school yet.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-25 18:15:53

At 5/25/12 09:47 AM, midimachine wrote:
At 5/25/12 03:11 AM, MrSaint wrote: Reporting in from Kazakhstan. It's pretty fresh compared to Egypt, yo.
is it... very nice?

Should I say hi to Borat?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-25 19:12:23

I haven't had writers block for like two years....

I need to go to hawaii..

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-25 20:21:58

I reopened my Facebook account, and already I feel like I fucked myself into a world of hurt.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-25 21:14:01

I'm visiting my parents.

So I can eat their food.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-25 23:22:17

At 5/25/12 09:14 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: I'm visiting my parents.

So I can eat their food.

Perfectly logical.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-26 09:15:47

Strange things

So, I recently uploaded a WIP piece (Not gonna say what piece it is, nor where its uploaded) and in my DAW (Logic Pro 9) it barely has any bass in it, but when i export and upload it, it suddenly has a lot more bass in it.

Any idea why this is? Im pretty sure it has something to do with my export settings, but I honesty dont know.
The reason why i want to know why is because i could compensate in my mixing for this.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-26 09:56:10

At 5/26/12 09:15 AM, Usernamemyarse wrote: Strange things

Does the bass only sound stronger when you upload it or also when you play it in WMP (or Itunes, what have you)

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-26 10:47:21

At 5/26/12 09:56 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 5/26/12 09:15 AM, Usernamemyarse wrote: Strange things
Does the bass only sound stronger when you upload it or also when you play it in WMP (or Itunes, what have you)

Yeah, it sound pretty good in iTunes.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-26 19:16:43

4000th Post!

... And almost all of which are in the Audio Forum...

Am I a reg yet?

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-26 19:47:59

At 5/26/12 07:16 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: 4000th Post!

... And almost all of which are in the Audio Forum...

Am I a reg yet?

No stat posts, punk.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-26 20:04:45

At 5/26/12 07:39 PM, B0UNC3 wrote: No, you're a spammer.

<3

I'm gonna cry myself to sleep over this revelation.

At 5/26/12 07:47 PM, Buoy wrote: No stat posts, punk.

This is where I say, "No backseat modding, punk."... Right?

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-26 20:23:05

At 5/26/12 08:04 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 5/26/12 07:47 PM, Buoy wrote: No stat posts, punk.
This is where I say, "No backseat modding, punk."... Right?

Backseat modding is when you call for an action like deletion or banning to be undertaken. You'll learn all these things eventually as you get more familiar with the forum and how things work around here, kid.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-26 20:54:36

At 5/26/12 08:23 PM, Buoy wrote: Backseat modding is when you call for an action like deletion or banning to be undertaken. You'll learn all these things eventually as you get more familiar with the forum and how things work around here, kid.

One day... I'll grow up to be a wellspring of knowledge in the community!

But for now, I guess I should introduce myself... Hi, I'm Back-From-Purgatory, I was born yesterday and immediately promoted to Audio Mod. I enjoy posting links to things and shutting people who try to upload copyrighted material.

Nice to meet you all!

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-26 21:32:38

Random Fact
Checking my e-mail I found one message from Fapturbo. Nevermind, was spam, but who the heck would take a nickname as "Fapturbo" ?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-26 22:14:28

I'm tempted to make a new account named "Fapturbo" now.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-26 22:19:12

At 5/26/12 10:14 PM, RetromanOMG wrote: I'm tempted to make a new account named "Fapturbo" now.

Sorry to disappoint.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-27 00:41:20

I'm getting pissed off. My parents are telling me (and I'm technically an adult now), to go to bed at 12 30am after barging in my room. Using my music as an excuse "it's too loud". Even though it was always on low volume. Also, it's fucking memorial weekend! I don't need to go to bed.

I want to go to college NOW. ffs

And by the way, they do this all the time with stupid shit. They always yell at me for no reason.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-27 00:54:33

At 5/27/12 12:41 AM, lawFX wrote: I'm getting pissed off. My parents are telling me (and I'm technically an adult now), to go to bed at 12 30am after barging in my room. Using my music as an excuse "it's too loud". Even though it was always on low volume. Also, it's fucking memorial weekend! I don't need to go to bed.

Unless you have a late night job, you could stay up as long as you want.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-27 14:03:54

At 5/27/12 02:14 AM, LaForge wrote:
i didn't even have a bed-time when i was an infant, let alone 18 years old. i suppose it just means that your parents care about you. just be thankful your parents actually talk to you.

I am. I'm just suffering from "I want to move out of this crazy shit right now" syndrome.

I can't relate to any of my family members, I have a completely different personality, including taste in music, how I am laidback and everyone else is always in a rush, etc. I am the only non-believer (agnostic or apathetic) in my ENTIRE family.

I wanna live my life in freedom without having to follow shitty pointless rules.

Only a month left...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-27 14:29:06

At 5/27/12 12:41 AM, lawFX wrote: I'm getting pissed off.

Pissing is good for your health.

My parents are telling me (and I'm technically an adult now), to go to bed at 12 30am after barging in my room.

Um, are you actually an Adult? Do you have a job? Can you manage yourself?

Beside, there are Tons of reason why they want you to go to bed early. Saving electricity. Sleeping late or stay awake at night is bad for your health. You are the pain in the butt for their sleep time (see below).

Using my music as an excuse "it's too loud". Even though it was always on low volume. Also, it's fucking memorial weekend! I don't need to go to bed.

Angst teenager is always wanting to be on the wake of coolness.

I want to go to college NOW. ffs

Can you pay for your own? Don't pull that college loans up in my face. You have to pay it back, later. Working $15/hour won't help your tuition fees unless you learn how to manage your so-called adult life.

Oh wait, you parents are going to pay for your angst teenie?

And by the way, they do this all the time with stupid shit. They always yell at me for no reason.

They want you to be good! Am I teaching you? No. Am I interfering your private life? You brought this up yourself, no. Am I suggesting good things to you? Yes.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-27 15:43:19

At 5/27/12 02:03 PM, lawFX wrote: Only a month left...

You really sound like a spoiled teenager

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-27 17:25:34

Uh. I am 18.. I'm getting a job at college (working with the computer help center and shit). I make money off of poker too.

As for spoiled - not really. I only ask for music equip on my birthday / Christmas.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-05-27 18:11:35

At 5/27/12 05:25 PM, lawFX wrote: Uh. I am 18.. I'm getting a job at college (working with the computer help center and shit). I make money off of poker too.

As for spoiled - not really. I only ask for music equip on my birthday / Christmas.

I don't mean spoiled materialistically, but more in the sense that you nag about problems that aren't really as big as you make them out to be.
You have enough money, you go to college and you're getting a job, but you are bitching about how bad your situation is because you have to live with family (who care about you).

And yes, that you have to go to bed at 12:30 AM is pretty ridiculous, but it's not the end of the world and while you still live with your parents you'll have to deal with the rules they set. On top of that, you'll move out next month.

BBS Signature