Be a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

  • 1,004,091 Views
  • 36,813 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-16 21:12:22 Reply

At 9/16/12 01:40 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Kingbastard has a new album out called "Pop Goes The People". I figured I would go ahead and leave my full review of the album up here. His music really amazes me...

TL;DR


lel

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-16 21:47:43 Reply

aren't guinea pigs supposed to live for like 7 - 10 years?


audio / bbs troubles? drop me a PM

BBS Signature
SineRider
SineRider
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-16 21:51:22 Reply

At 9/16/12 09:47 PM, jarrydn wrote: aren't guinea pigs supposed to live for like 7 - 10 years?

That seems a bit long, I think it's 3 to 5 years. I've had mine just about 3 years and I got her when she was a little over one.

SuperBastard
SuperBastard
  • Member since: Oct. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Animator
Breed
Breed
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-17 01:04:44 Reply

tooooooo much adaralll(120mg over 2 hours). super fucking wired. guess its a good time to review the shit outta stuff all night

jpbear
jpbear
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-17 01:42:58 Reply

At 9/17/12 01:04 AM, Breed wrote: tooooooo much adaralll(120mg over 2 hours). super fucking wired. guess its a good time to review the shit outta stuff all night

i hope that implies music reviewing^.^

SuperBastard
SuperBastard
  • Member since: Oct. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Animator
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-17 01:49:27 Reply

At 9/17/12 01:42 AM, jpbear wrote:
At 9/17/12 01:04 AM, Breed wrote: tooooooo much adaralll(120mg over 2 hours). super fucking wired. guess its a good time to review the shit outta stuff all night
i hope that implies music reviewing^.^

Seconded.

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Member since: May. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-17 03:17:55 Reply

At 9/16/12 09:47 PM, jarrydn wrote: aren't guinea pigs supposed to live for like 7 - 10 years?

No, and besides, I don't know how old he was before we gave it to him, but somebody said that he died much older than the most guinea pigs.


[Hidden Audio Gems]
SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook
PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!
Latest track: We Believe (OakMix)!

BBS Signature
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Member since: Jul. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-17 19:38:52 Reply

You should try out the new Apple earphones. A few guys and I in the back of the store got them in a few days ago. They sound fantastic! Plus, they are only $29, which is a great price. Out of the many, many heaphones and earbuds I have listened to, the new apple "Earpods" are an excellent choice and beat 90% of their competition under $60 earphones.

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-17 19:43:31 Reply

At 9/17/12 05:30 PM, Criminal-23 wrote: the left side always breaks after a few months).

Next time put those vice-versa to puzzle the destiny.

At 9/17/12 07:38 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: You should try out the new Apple earphones.

Use earbuds and kiss your ears goodbye.

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Member since: Jul. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-17 19:46:40 Reply

and plz no beats (too expensive) or those brand new Iphone 5 earphones (tested them before from a classmate; it sucked but has stronger bass compared to ordinary earphones).

No. Never get beats. Ever. They are the worst excuse for "headphones" I have ever heard. They are over priced, focus ENTIRELY on over the top lows with no mids or highs... at all, and they sound horrible. Oh, but hey, they look cool. I tell you what, you can get a pair of Beats if you want. Put them on your cat. Use them as a handle for a door. You could also do the common thing, wear them around your neck with a gansta hoody and walk around acting like your different and more important than everyone else with your egotistical I-know-everythin-bout-musik attitude while promoting Skrillex by wearing his haircut.

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Member since: Jul. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-17 19:48:46 Reply

Use earbuds and kiss your ears goodbye.

Wait, what?

SuperBastard
SuperBastard
  • Member since: Oct. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Animator
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-17 20:02:48 Reply

At 9/17/12 07:48 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
Use earbuds and kiss your ears goodbye.
Wait, what?

He's threatening to personally storm your home and tear off your ears if you use earbuds.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-17 20:48:44 Reply

Speakers have gone KIA! Need new ones. They make a buzzing sound when turned on and the audio that does come out is muffled.


I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Member since: Feb. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-17 20:50:08 Reply

At 9/17/12 08:48 PM, sweet21 wrote: Speakers have gone KIA! Need new ones. They make a buzzing sound when turned on and the audio that does come out is muffled.

We had 2 speakers causalities over here! Medic!


Hello!

BBS Signature
Blackhole12
Blackhole12
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-17 22:27:45 Reply

At 9/17/12 08:02 PM, SuperBastard wrote:
At 9/17/12 07:48 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
Use earbuds and kiss your ears goodbye.
Wait, what?
He's threatening to personally storm your home and tear off your ears if you use earbuds.

Research indicates that listening to music at a high volume on earbuds may be more damaging than the equivalent volume on headphones.

The answer, of course, is to just not listen to music at a high volume.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-18 00:54:43 Reply

How long do audio bans last these days anyway?

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-18 00:59:12 Reply

At 9/18/12 12:54 AM, Buoy wrote: How long do audio bans last these days anyway?

Anywhere up to forever.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-18 11:33:15 Reply

At 9/18/12 12:59 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 9/18/12 12:54 AM, Buoy wrote: How long do audio bans last these days anyway?
Anywhere up to forever.

Purgy. I have something to confess to you.

You are the love of my life.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-18 11:38:17 Reply

At 9/18/12 11:33 AM, MrSaint wrote:
At 9/18/12 12:59 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 9/18/12 12:54 AM, Buoy wrote: How long do audio bans last these days anyway?
Anywhere up to forever.
Purgy. I have something to confess to you.

You are the love of my life.

Awww shucks.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
SuperBastard
SuperBastard
  • Member since: Oct. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Animator
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-18 11:41:53 Reply

At 9/17/12 10:27 PM, Blackhole12 wrote:
At 9/17/12 08:02 PM, SuperBastard wrote:
At 9/17/12 07:48 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
Use earbuds and kiss your ears goodbye.
Wait, what?
He's threatening to personally storm your home and tear off your ears if you use earbuds.
Research indicates that listening to music at a high volume on earbuds may be more damaging than the equivalent volume on headphones.

The answer, of course, is to just not listen to music at a high volume.

You might as well link some sources.

You can still get away with listening to earbuds at a reasonable volume without obliterating the myelin on your auditory nerve. Just don't crank it up to max and blast your ears for nine hours. Seems like some 'experts' recommend a "60/60" rule; no more than 60 dB for 60 minutes a day.

Obviously that's not exactly reasonable for us, but there it is.
Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Member since: Oct. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-18 13:46:10 Reply

Do you like dubstep?
Yes?
No?
Other?

Ok, this is for you and everyone else:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaEnaoydUUo


Wakka wakka

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-18 14:34:34 Reply

At 9/18/12 01:46 PM, Rucklo wrote: Do you like dubstep?
Yes?
No?
Other?

Ok, this is for you and everyone else:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaEnaoydUUo

when are you going to get 20k posts


lel

Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Member since: Oct. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-18 15:49:22 Reply

At 9/18/12 02:34 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 9/18/12 01:46 PM, Rucklo wrote: Do you like dubstep?
Yes?
No?
Other?

Ok, this is for you and everyone else:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaEnaoydUUo
when are you going to get 20k posts

with the rate i'm posting nowadays, in about three years or so... :(


Wakka wakka

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-18 17:19:11 Reply

At 9/18/12 03:49 PM, Rucklo wrote:
with the rate i'm posting nowadays, in about three years or so... :(

Well your slackin there sir. And i thought you were a good mod.


lel

Braiton
Braiton
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-18 17:51:31 Reply

At 9/18/12 01:46 PM, Rucklo wrote: Do you like dubstep?
Yes?
No?
Other?

Ok, this is for you and everyone else:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaEnaoydUUo

I have no idea what I just watched.

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Member since: Jul. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-18 18:06:06 Reply

By the way guys, I finally finished that HUGE Mac / PC VST / AU thread with many, many awesome synthesizers, effect processors, DAWs, and other misc audio creation tools. You should check out a portion of it and post to bump it... *cough*. Or hey, why dont you bookmark it and continue using it as a great recourse? ;)

no one likes reading
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-18 18:12:32 Reply

At 9/18/12 06:06 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: no one likes reading

TL;DR.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Member since: Jul. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-18 19:00:56 Reply

At 9/18/12 06:12 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 9/18/12 06:06 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: no one likes reading
TL;DR.

I will forever be cursed by this.

fml
AndyLau
AndyLau
  • Member since: Dec. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-18 19:32:20 Reply

At 9/18/12 06:06 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
no one likes reading

On the flip side of this, it appears that everyone loves writing.

Don't you see the inherent problem in this? :P


BBS Signature