00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Boochingi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,792,342 Views | 34,319 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-07-24 16:44:28

Sorry to interrupt this rant, but can't we move this conversation to place it belongs, which is here? I'm getting a bit tired of those walls of text.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-07-24 16:55:05

At 7/24/11 04:44 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Sorry to interrupt this rant, but can't we move this conversation to place it belongs, which is here? I'm getting a bit tired of those walls of text.

It doesn't belong anywhere, everyone's already heard it and is sick of it, and that thread isn't really a dumping ground for whining.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-07-24 16:56:50

Chill down people.
Last time when I checked, Newgrounds was an open artistic community where everybody is welcome, Calamaistr included.
As I see it, we are (more or less) brothers musicians :)
There is place for everyone, there are enough styles and genres and for every music there is an audience. Of course, like in a family, some little babies s#!7 on themselves (0-bombing) and that kind of stinks (and make the whole plate to stink around), but there is no real hate. Never was (I hope).

Please people, keep this place as nice and artistic as I've seen it when I came here for the first time.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-07-24 17:12:08

Some people ignore the failed systen of the AP(because theyve gotten somekind of recompense from this site), some people rage at it(ahem... cala), and some people abuse the crap out of it(zero bombers).

Though i do not not sympathize with the ragers they have a completely valid point, so i do not cast them away as stupid. Ive had 2 real reviews in my two years here, never a front page, never a top 5, i have never zero bombed. end of story. although no one here would admit it i bet yall zero bombed to get your moderate "fame"/succes 95% of the time

As long as we are whining about shit, i hope my robot day submission was at least listened to.

Good day.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-07-24 17:12:44

At 7/24/11 04:56 PM, sorohanro wrote: Of course, like in a family, some little babies s#!7 on themselves (0-bombing)

0-bombing? Oh. I thought you were describing something else with that metaphor! Funny, that. Nevermind...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-07-24 17:19:41

ITT: Liquidooze getting trolled and sparking a debate.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-07-24 17:19:56

Audio community
+1 sorohanro

The audio portal/forum is a community of musicians. We've been learning from each other and sharing our interests, knitting a tight community of which we can all benefit. Of course not everyone reacts to things the same, as we all come from different backgrounds (all over the globe). However, let's not reduce ourselves to name-calling and accusations. It's a huge bummer to the otherwise nice atmosphere.

If you don't like something, get over it, move on, surely there are better things you can concern yourself with than the opinions and attitudes of some internet people? Getting mad about it and writing massive walls of angry text isn't going to solve much, it only adds to the negative atmosphere.

Move on and work on your self-betterment, or constructively help others. Anger, revenge feelings and the like haven't ever led to anything positive or enhancing for anyone.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-07-24 17:27:34

*cricketsound*

sooooooo, whatcha working on at the moment? I'm on my babulia V3 :D spaaammmm

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-07-24 17:44:17

At 7/24/11 05:19 PM, Mich wrote: Audio community
+1 sorohanro

As the drummer from Timohi (and Eden) would say;
"Fenks" (English to English tanslation = thanks)

Anger, revenge feelings and the like haven't ever led to anything positive or enhancing for anyone.

+1

At 7/24/11 05:27 PM, JPRixdorfer wrote: *cricketsound*

sooooooo, whatcha working on at the moment? I'm on my babulia V3 :D spaaammmm

I love you.
Platonic, don't get any ideas, I'm married :))))

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-07-24 17:46:59

At 7/24/11 05:19 PM, Mich wrote: Anger, revenge feelings and the like haven't ever led to anything positive or enhancing for anyone.

I wish feelings were rational like that.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-07-24 17:48:54

Still awed by chron's posts on the last page.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-07-24 17:56:41

At 7/24/11 05:48 PM, jarrydn wrote: Still awed by chron's posts on the last page.

Since you didn't specify which post you're awed by, I'm not sure whether or not that is a subtle yet excessively cruel insult.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-07-24 18:07:34

At 7/24/11 04:56 PM, sorohanro wrote: As I see it, we are (more or less) brother musicians :)

Not trying to make a point here relevant to Cal, but I had a very negative experience recently with a musician and producer that after ranting to a close friend she reflected to me that "you (I) simply won't like everyone within your (my) field of interest."

I had a bit of a mind explosion at the comment and found it to be valuable thing to reflect upon.

Also the harry potter movie was kind of ok.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-07-24 18:15:37

At 7/24/11 06:07 PM, InvisibleObserver wrote:
Also the harry potter movie was kind of ok.

Bugged me that they had no ethical problems about killing those innocent goblins and destroying London roofs when they escaped with that Ukrainian Ironbelly.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-07-24 18:33:25

anyone know what this riff is from

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-07-24 18:45:40

At 7/24/11 05:56 PM, SBB wrote: Since you didn't specify which post you're awed by, I'm not sure whether or not that is a subtle yet excessively cruel insult.

Sorry, the first two

Harry potter
only got around to seeing part 1 on the weekend, and I haven't seen any other Harry Potter films besides the first one. I was into the books when I was quite young, but never got past Goblet of Fire. When I heard that Sirius dies, I think I gave up on the franchise haha.

Anyway, part 1 of DH was pretty grim, and I'm not sure if I'll see the second part. I prefer happy endings :3

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-07-24 18:56:49

At 7/24/11 05:46 PM, FairSquare wrote:
At 7/24/11 05:19 PM, Mich wrote: Anger, revenge feelings and the like haven't ever led to anything positive or enhancing for anyone.
I wish feelings were rational like that.

Not true. Some good things come from angry feelings. Maybe not revenge, but anger totally yo.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-07-24 19:03:42

Harry Potter

I was quite a fan, a while back. Read all the books.

Speaking of DH, I watched only Part 1. Couldn't be arsed to watch the second one, but I am planning to.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-07-24 19:05:16

At 7/24/11 05:12 PM, jpbear wrote: Some people ignore the failed systen of the AP(because theyve gotten somekind of recompense from this site), some people rage at it(ahem... cala), and some people abuse the crap out of it(zero bombers).

Though i do not not sympathize with the ragers they have a completely valid point, so i do not cast them away as stupid. Ive had 2 real reviews in my two years here, never a front page, never a top 5, i have never zero bombed. end of story. although no one here would admit it i bet yall zero bombed to get your moderate "fame"/succes 95% of the time

As long as we are whining about shit, i hope my robot day submission was at least listened to.

Good day.

Depends wich one it was, i did listen to one or two robot submissions but i dont remember wich.
I dont even know when, i dont know how to say it in english, in dutch its called 'uitslag' as in when they announce the placements etc' comes and where it comes, i didnt read anything about it.

The thing you say about 'hoping~listened to' was all i ever wanted on this site, i dont make music for this site, i make music either reflecting myself and the thoughts i have, a start that automatically builds into something more complicated, or for other people that i may or may not meet on newgrounds (flash artists etc) but i upload music to newgrounds so 1: people that can use it may use it and 2: to recieve atleast the knowledge that people took the time to listen through it, and thats only gotten by a review seeing as 'listens' may aswell be interpetret as 'clicks' and a click away from it again.

Ive tried the review request club, ive tried the advertisement thread (wich i still use sometimes)
Nothing really works that much, ah hell i know that the people on this site with hundred+ followers so to speak, or frequenters are probably the ones that zerobombed their way into the top 10 or something, and not every genre is popular blabla, we all know that and i know that.

But its about my intention in what im trying to explain, i already know that my intention is running into a big brick wall of impossibility, i dont have that with this site alone, its the story of my life heh.
Try being a good guy in the real world.

About what someone said about my english being good enough, i can speak and write it ok but i have this condition that i keep forgetting stuff and have to constantly look up words to translate back and forth so its not as easy as it looks, furthermore its the meaning and lack of face eh, well the way you talk in real life with someone is different than when you read it on a forum is what i mean.

Anyway, ill upload two new piano tracks tomorrow, i hope people will actually listen to them instead of just trolling and zerobombing them like today, cause thats a waste of everyones time and effort.

Also another thing i still wanted to say; i know im cynical and sarcastic here and there, but never without cause. Generally im a helpful and goodwill kind of person, but thats constantly slapped back into my face. Eventually you really do stop caring, its not the zerobombing i so calledly 'rage' about. Its the injustice of it being purposely done to me only based on warped assumptions, i really puke on that a-social aspect of the internet.

In conclusion, i wish everyone here was a bit more like sorohanro, you dont have to take my side or tell me im right (or wrong) to make a point, and im very understanding when you talk to me in a human way, talk to me like im some pariah and i wont shut up and sit in a corner, im not one to take being walked over very kindly.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-07-24 19:10:24

At 7/24/11 07:03 PM, MrSaint wrote: Harry Potter

I was quite a fan, a while back. Read all the books.

Speaking of DH, I watched only Part 1. Couldn't be arsed to watch the second one, but I am planning to.

Meh, I would just wait for the Blue-Ray Disc. it was okay, but I'd save the 12 bucks or more for the BD.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-07-24 19:52:30

I replied to my news posts comments, thanks btw to jarrydn and invisibleobserver, i think this is alot better advertisement for who i really am now. (i hate the word advertisement, ohwell)

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-07-24 20:07:14

At 7/24/11 08:01 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 7/24/11 07:52 PM, Calamaistr wrote: (i hate the word advertisement, ohwell)
It's a dirty word in the audio portal ain't it?

Perhaps, but to me everything that has anything to do with marketing is dirty. -_-

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-07-24 20:41:38

Oh shit. Amy Whinehouse died about the same time as the explosions in Oslo.... and people care more about her than 90 civilians.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-07-24 20:55:07

Amy Winehouse is a fallen soldier?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-07-24 22:27:31

amy winehouse might not actually be dead, when the police came to draw the chalk outline she got up and tried to snort it

p.s. i am gay

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-07-25 02:14:09

At 7/24/11 10:27 PM, midimachine wrote: amy winehouse might not actually be dead, when the police came to draw the chalk outline she got up and tried to snort it

^ I lol'ed

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-07-25 02:16:49

At 7/24/11 05:19 PM, Envy wrote: ITT: Liquidooze getting trolled and sparking a debate.

epic facepalm @ myself

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-07-25 02:46:11

At 7/25/11 02:16 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 7/24/11 05:19 PM, Envy wrote: ITT: Liquidooze getting trolled and sparking a debate.
epic facepalm @ myself

You mean like this?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-07-25 04:22:36

Wow, I'm just so heartbroken now, it's unbeliebable.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-07-25 04:23:42

At 7/25/11 04:22 AM, Decibel wrote: Wow, I'm just so heartbroken now, it's unbelievable.

Fixed.