00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,783,599 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-11 02:47:46

Song Titles

At 2/11/09 02:28 AM, gregaaron89 wrote: How do you come up with them? No I mean how do you personally come up with them, is there a method?

Find a word or sequence of words that either follows a literary device or something so it sounds "clever" or original, or that describe how the song made you feel, or think, or what a friend of yours thought or felt, etc etc.

Music is all about feel to me, titles included. If a poem's title can add meaning to the poem, then why can't a songs name do the same?

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-11 03:41:35

Song Titles

Yeah.. just look for a few words that can explain how the song makes you feel or how it sounds. It's best to give the song a few listens with no distractions and work from there.

Or just throw words out there until you find something that fits.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-11 06:56:02

Song titles
Well, these are pretty much all of the tips I can think of right now:

1) One of the main components of making good song titles is definitely evading (as much as possible, but not always) names beginning with "The" and formations in the pattern of "(noun) Of (noun)" (for example "Beginning of Spring"), or combinations of the two. Names with "And" or "For" in the middle aren't that good, either. These names are actually the most common, and as such sound a lot less attractive than names that use some other connective words.

2) If using one-word titles, it's often good to use some more obscure words (scientific terms, less commomly used words in general), because it will look better due to our innate curiosity.

3) Some drama can never hurt, so the use of words that sound absolute (like never, always, everywhere, forever, etc.) is also a good way to make good song titles.

4) Ending song titles without finishing a thought (or simply adding "...") at the end can make a song intriguing, just don't overdo it. You don't want your audio page to be littered with dots, do you?

5) Also, proper use of stuff like alliteration and assonance (Wikipedia links) can make song titles much more "pleasent to the ears", and will make them sound a lot better.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-11 07:04:12

At 2/11/09 06:56 AM, Hades0013 wrote: Song titles
Well, these are pretty much all of the tips I can think of right now:

1) These names are actually the most common, and as such sound a lot less attractive than names that use some other connective words.

Or for example... 'The silent sentinel' XD

Anyway, those look like a bunch of good tips :) Thanks Hades!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-11 07:31:02

At 2/11/09 07:04 AM, MICHhimself wrote: Or for example... 'The silent sentinel' XD

Hey, I did say "As much as possible, but not always." XD

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-11 18:04:55

OMG FUCKING AWESOME NEWS.

So I was scheduled to leave Arkansas in about a month, and head out to Texas to live n' work there flying C-130s.

Then that changed. My sergeant called me down, and told me that word had come down from AFSOC HQ that there were two open slots at other bases- namely Mildenhall in England and Kadena in Japan.

So now I'm going to be in a Spec Ops unit in Japan.

Fucking awesomesauce.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-11 18:08:04

Solus in Japan
Dude, that's really friggin' awesome! I wish I had such travel opportunities... but I guess it simply comes with the job, eh? ;D How long are you meant to be stationed there?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-11 18:21:44

At 2/11/09 06:08 PM, Hades0013 wrote: Solus in Japan
Dude, that's really friggin' awesome! I wish I had such travel opportunities... but I guess it simply comes with the job, eh? ;D How long are you meant to be stationed there?

A couple of years. :D

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-11 18:37:22

AND MIGHT I ASK WHY YOU DIDN'T COME TO ENGLAND?! >:(

Well, to be honest, i wouldn't have blamed you ;P

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-11 18:48:51

At 2/11/09 06:37 PM, Koriigahn wrote: AND MIGHT I ASK WHY YOU DIDN'T COME TO ENGLAND?! >:(

Well, to be honest, i wouldn't have blamed you ;P

Japanese chicks > English chicks

And I speak Japanese... well... speak english too, I suppose...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-11 18:59:56

At 2/11/09 06:48 PM, SolusLunes wrote: Japanese chicks > English chicks

Now that's just a cliche!

Nah, sorry, Island-people, but you do have some minor problems in this area. :P
And I speak Japanese... well... speak english too, I suppose...

I had no idea you spoke english! That must be really cool! Did you take lessons?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-11 21:50:31

At 2/11/09 06:04 PM, SolusLunes wrote: OMG FUCKING AWESOME NEWS.

Nice! Way back in the day, I was stationed in Iwakuni for a few years. You'll have a great time over there.
I had wai moar fun in Japan than anywhere else that I was sent.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-11 22:19:11

JAPAN!!!
http://members.shaw.ca/alappel/useful.ht ml
some helpful japanese phrases.

I did not see "Sorry about your dress" in these
Hopefully these will help you in your saucy travels. Godspeed brave soldier of fortune.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-11 22:37:38

At 2/10/09 07:39 PM, MH16 wrote: And now i just want to say...
I HAVE 15 FANS! W00T!!!: MH16

Good job there, I hope you are happy. I have 13 fans :(
I used to have 15 till 2 people decided to say "fuck off" to me :P

Oh well.

Also, I got an 85% on my science test and a 93% on my math (intergers)... so... ya... woot!

Anyways, I better not flood up the audio lounge anymore for a while :P
Say hi to chron to me xD

And yes, I am NOT dead ( no one cares anyways).

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-11 23:20:56

At 2/11/09 06:48 PM, SolusLunes wrote: Japanese chicks > English chicks

Scientifically proven.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-11 23:21:39

At 2/11/09 10:19 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote: JAPAN!!!

Just try to be very careful about your pronunciation...

It's been about 15 years since I've spoken any Japanese but trust me when I say that there's a HUGE difference between "okoshite kudasai." and "okashite kudasai." One little syllable can make the difference between pleasantries and potential legal action...

he he >:)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-11 23:32:01

Language

Quién habla dos o trés linguas? Yo puedo hablar español y inglés porque yo estudié español por trés años. Pero, yo no soy muy bien con hablando español.

Roughly translated, that meant "who can speak two or three languages. I can speak spanish and english because I studied spanish for three years. But I'm not that very good at speaking spanish."

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-11 23:33:46

At 2/11/09 11:21 PM, LJCoffee wrote: It's been about 15 years since I've spoken any Japanese but trust me when I say that there's a HUGE difference between "okoshite kudasai." and "okashite kudasai." One little syllable can make the difference between pleasantries and potential legal action...

Please, tell more. I would go look it up myself, but I'M LAZY DAMMIT!!!!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-11 23:58:45

At 2/11/09 06:04 PM, SolusLunes wrote: OMG FUCKING AWESOME NEWS.

So I was scheduled to leave Arkansas in about a month, and head out to Texas to live n' work there flying C-130s.

Then that changed. My sergeant called me down, and told me that word had come down from AFSOC HQ that there were two open slots at other bases- namely Mildenhall in England and Kadena in Japan.

Fucking awesomesauce.

BADDASS!!!

As sad as I am that this means there will likely be less raving around here.. I may just have to head over to Japan sometime. =P

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-12 00:07:42

At 2/11/09 11:33 PM, blackattackbitch wrote: Please, tell more. I would go look it up myself, but I'M LAZY DAMMIT!!!!

Roughly, okoshite means "wake me up" while "okashite" means "sexual assault" or "rape"

The accent on syllables is sometimes important too. A common example is o-HA-shi which means chopsticks and o-ha-SHI which means a large bridge. I think...

Honestly though, I only really spoke something just slightly better than pigeon Japanese. I could make casual small talk and follow most conversations in bars and around town but I never became what I would call fluent. I was only there for a few years and after I left, I didn't have any opportunities to stay in practice. How quickly some things fade...
I did manage to almost spark an international incident though. :) It involved a van, a few guys in MOPP 4 (full protective gear - masks, booties, gloves, etc) with radiac gear taking readings from a bunch of locals walking around near ground zero in Peace Park.

The Japanese were not amused.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-12 01:17:28

RANDOM NOTE

its hard to get sick of F-777.
seriously

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-12 06:05:12

Languages

At 2/11/09 11:32 PM, blackattackbitch wrote: Roughly translated, that meant "who can speak two or three languages. I can speak spanish and english because I studied spanish for three years. But I'm not that very good at speaking spanish."

I speak English and Croatian (which pretty much means that I instantly speak Serbian :P) fluently, but I also speak German and, recently, Swedish. However, I hope to add a few languages to the list within the next few years, seeing that my study of Linguistics is an excellent basis for learning new languages.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-12 16:59:38

so, hi kids! How is everyone? Lots of new names here, i've spotted two that I know curriemaster and nav, how long have you been back on here currie? The new tune is done btw, can't post it on here though unfortunately as its going on sale on itunes so check my myspace out when you have a chance to hear it. Can someone fill me in on the whats and what nots here please, been about 12 months since i last hit it up?

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

Yes peeps, I have albums out, go listen.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-12 17:07:12

Pitbull

First of all... make sure to use the bold headings described on the first post =\

Second... Not much has changed! Still a bunch of new people and a few older ones continuing to stick around.

Now, where have YOU been?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-12 17:18:35

Nav!!

haha thats good to know, really is, as long as aint much changed i'll be okay, just dont want some young buck to pick a flame war with me like i did many moons ago when i started here.

I'm alright mate, been away for too long had a lot to get on with, on a depressing note I've seen a few people pass away which is never good. However used these things as a positive, I've moved back to my home town, live in massive house, I'm finally a paid musician as and when those jobs come. Basically just getting a little bit older and mature as each day ticks on. Coming out of my creative shell of late and decied to share some of the lesser works on here. Still an alchoholic but alas some things never change eh? I'm also very nearly a fully fledged teacher of drama and media how sweet is that!!!!! anyhow im gonna try to make a concerted effort to spend an hour or two back here as often as possible, been too long bro, i miss drunken rants by darkside and chron's loving haha.

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-12 17:52:20

At 2/11/09 11:32 PM, blackattackbitch wrote:

Language

I can speak spanish and english because I studied spanish for three years. But I'm not that very good at speaking spanish."

I can speak english, dutch, german and a bit french.
My first language is dutch. I pwn the average vocabulairy of a dutch person :P
2nd is english and i can speak and understand the language pretty good.
I understand german, but i can't really speak it.
And in french i can only hear a few words, which means that i can understand what french people talk about, not the exact things they say.
And now for the funny part of my reply:
U suck monkeybutt!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-12 18:20:24

PBJ!

Holy-how-the-hell-'ave-you-been pitbull?

I couldn't tell you the last time we conversed. I just recently made a comeback as well.
- First I was here
- then I was away for a while being busy
- then I got sick and ass-ploded
- now I'm here again.

Nice to see you though!

To all the other new peeps rollin' around these parts, go give pbj some love. Hit up his audio page and make him feel wanted. :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-12 18:31:56

LJC

At 2/12/09 06:20 PM, LJCoffee wrote: PBJ!

Holy-how-the-hell-'ave-you-been pitbull?

I couldn't tell you the last time we conversed. I just recently made a comeback as well.
- First I was here
- then I was away for a while being busy
- then I got sick and ass-ploded
- now I'm here again.

Nice to see you though!

To all the other new peeps rollin' around these parts, go give pbj some love. Hit up his audio page and make him feel wanted. :D

You are too kind my friend, too kind. I have to start from the ground up again to earn that respect, been too long for most of these to know who I am or what I've done, it's great to see a name who I love and respect welcome me back with open arms, i feel humbled.

Been a good year without forum talk, reviews besides that is. I'm grand mate, like mentioned in my previous post, ive got a new home, nearly a proper teacher, a paid musician and so on. Barring my very rare drunken rants i think this is the first time I have been polite and coherent to all who have been here lol. Magic Pen 2 is out soon, selling a few tunes on itunes that's why they aint a Chapter three on here sadly, though there is a guitar solo which will be up as a treat tomoz. Basically I'm in a far better place than i was 12 months ago, i think the rants were getting to piss taking proportions. But hey I'm back, an hour or two a night, but im back. Im gonna be exclusively guitar for a while as well, still no midi keyboard but the lead work is taking leaps and bounds so keep your pickles open.

How has life treated you this last year then?

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-12 18:35:31

Pitters! Good to see you again. Starting to feel like old times in here :>

a

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-12 18:40:57

At 2/12/09 06:35 PM, Triskele wrote: Pitters! Good to see you again. Starting to feel like old times in here :>

DEAR GOD!!!!!!

I picked a good night it seems, maestrorage, nav, curriemaster LJC and the eld celtic master himself!!! Seriously, it's good to know that I'm not the only one who has decided to return, send me linkage boyo in a PM, actually if anyone wants anything hitting up just post a PM with the links a review will be given. How you doing old boy?

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

BBS Signature