00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,782,525 Views | 34,322 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-24 17:59:33

Silly Homework

Wait, so you're studying SWEDISH by reading RUSSIAN literature? WTF? indeed.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-24 18:13:19

Silly homework
Okay Hades, I take back that my homework was silly =/
But still, drawing isometric isn't part of my studies :p

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-24 18:23:52

Silly homework

At 3/24/09 06:13 PM, MICHhimself wrote: But still, drawing isometric isn't part of my studies :p

Yeah, well, I have to admit...

That does sound pretty sucky. ;D

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-24 18:27:42

Art Portal

At 3/24/09 05:40 PM, MICHhimself wrote: I just hope there'll be a BLAM and protect system on there too, to save use from the spam.

I just won't visit it :)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-24 19:05:47

At 3/24/09 06:27 PM, Ambimetric wrote: Art Portal

At 3/24/09 05:40 PM, MICHhimself wrote: I just hope there'll be a BLAM and protect system on there too, to save use from the spam.
I just won't visit it :)

Well I would. STATWHORING NEEDS.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-24 19:33:45

SHITTY TEACHERS AND SILLY HOMEWORK

Dont feel bad i had a teacher that was teaching me a heat load calculation class. Its pretty difficult stuff filled with lots of formulas.

He was from vietnam and had the thickest most terrible accent ever. It was impossible to understand even half the stuff that came out his fucking mouth and even worse he would write on the board in fucking hieroglyphics.AND he wrote about the size you should be writing on normal paper.
So the only way to get stuff from the board was with the Hubbell Telescope that orbits the earth.
I hated that fucking man. They shouldn't allow people like him to teach especially in such a difficult course.
If your going to teach in America or any country for that matter, at least learn the language enough so people can fucking understand you.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-24 20:22:00

Homework!!

Bah Im so close to being in college, but I still have to put up with my stupid math class. I have my midterm tomorrow and so im spending valuable time on here. It seems like I only come on newgrounds when I have stuff to do. Much like Rucklo, maybe you could give me some tips on resisting temptation...hmm....wink wink...anywho

I got into FSU's college of music, woo woo...I get to be a music major, can I join the cult now?

Lemonsourkid made me somefin

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-24 20:58:22

At 3/24/09 08:22 PM, HolyTomato wrote: I got into FSU's college of music, woo woo...I get to be a music major, can I join the cult now?

Prepare to either be a middle school band teacher or a freelance musician.

Lemme know what you do with your minimum wage

jaykay

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-24 21:15:12

ALTS

At 3/24/09 05:17 PM, Rucklo wrote: ALTS

At 3/24/09 02:59 PM, Syntrus wrote: I think the forum regs should be crystal clear with who there alts are.
I am cast's alt. :(

Everybody knows that I am Tom Fulp's Alt.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-24 21:24:58

I'm planning to get a bachelor of arts, just so I have a nice shiny university degree to fall back on if everything all goes to shit, and then I plan to go to college for something called, "Music Industry Arts" which encompasses everything from digital music production, to writing music, to recording engineering, to sound design, to audio post production, and more. I'm actually pretty excited about the course.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-24 21:39:56

such an amazing arrogance, maybe you need to look harder

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-24 21:44:52

At 3/24/09 02:59 PM, Syntrus wrote:
I think the forum regs should be crystal clear with who there alts are.

I think we should worry about genders first. I'm not changing mine back until paragon comes clean.

Any complaints?

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-24 21:48:21

well looking at your deviantary its apparent that you copied pictures, with the dragon ball one

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-24 21:50:47

ZEROBOMBCAST

Hopefully Virtual DJ can slog through all the songs from this week I plan on playing and will have them scanned and ready in 10 minutes...

Because... I intend to start the bombcast... in 10 minutes.

So get ready to tune in. =D

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-24 21:51:30

except most of it is anime type drawings with an apparent reference, because of similaities

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-24 21:57:31

i just dont think its original

i do like anime, but more of a cowboy bebop style

i dont like how distorted their appearance is, or the lack of black people (nose too big?)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-24 22:06:45

At 3/24/09 09:35 PM, Chronamut wrote:

:: Art

I agree the art community here are a bunch of douches - but the reality is - ALL art communities are douches. The only difference here is they also can't draw. I used to go to the art forum - but i felt dumb. It was like pages and pages of noob drawings, and then mine. It felt like I was pwning preschoolers...

I just.. want a CHALLENGE. I miss highschool -where I could actually COMPETE with people - I thrive in the art work when I am competing with someone as good as me, and they are competing in return - otherwise it feels boring and kind of pointless to me - prolly one reason why i havent done much art in the past few years..

competition is for horses, not art ;)

What glue do you use to keep your lips so firmly sealed to your ass? I cant draw worth shit, but assuming you made your banners and avatars I think you're an amazing artist. Still that post furthermore solidifies the most arrogant user award you've recieved.

The Audio Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-24 22:13:18

THE TUESDAY ZEROBOMBCAST IS ON!

So tune in! I just started =D

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-25 00:35:52

I'm sure this idea has been thought of numerous times but isn't it time for trophies for the audio portal. What happened to the platinum records and stuff from the popularity of the song. Actually went by amount of downloads but still. I would have a little fuzzy feeling if I was awarded a trophy for one of my songs.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-25 01:01:11

Just dropping in to say HI and that I love you.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-25 01:11:51

Chron, you did sound like an arrogant douche about your art just now. And you think you're the only good artist on Newgrounds? Take a look at this. And you don't see me bragging about it.

well up until just now ;D

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-25 01:15:37

Arrogance

Chron, that was a bit arrogant, or should I say blatantly arrogant. There's ways to be arrogant without being impolite, such as just saying that you recieved good reviews for your work. I usually refrain from that, as I don't recieve as many reviews as I would like.

But it's best to refrain from displaying arrogance altogether, lest you want stuff like what just transpired a few posts back occuring again.
1) Your opinion of your own work will always be colored with unintentional bias
2) All art mediums are subjective.
3) It's just impolite.

I could go on, but I'm pretty sure that this post has reached critical levels in terms of redundancy, so I won't.

Music Theory

Am I the only person who cares about it?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-25 01:20:42

Art

There's a reason why the art community looks down on anime. Also, deviant art is not necessarily an art community. Neither is newgrounds. I'm not saying that anime is terrible. Hell I enjoy the fuck out of it. I'm not saying flash cartoons and contemporary music suck. I'm not slamming deviant art either. I'm just saying that there's a huge difference between what an outsider would consider art and what the institutions would consider and until you've been through an institution, you really don't understand completely. Of course, even going through the institution isn't a guaranteed acquired philosophy. You can spend four years studying it and miss every little hint.

Look up Duchamp's "Fountain." Understand that a urinal is considered to be the last centuries most important piece of work. Now look at anime and try to fathom why people don't consider that to be art. Strange, isn't it?

Sure art is subjective, but what really defines what is and what isn't art is the difference between your opinion, my opinion, every one else's opinion and the history that has brought us to where we are today.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-25 01:31:43

Art

Oh yeah... almost forgot to include a totally relevant pic....

The Audio Forum Lounge

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-25 01:52:58

ART
good memory quarl!

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-25 04:04:32

ALTS

Well I'm Glad Rucklo and Chronos came clean but I don't know there are still a lot of you that have yet to tell us your alts. If enough of us do It i'll compile a list. My question is what do you have to hide?

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-25 05:42:44

Alts

At 3/25/09 04:04 AM, Syntrus wrote: My question is what do you have to hide?

We're all gay, and Chron is straight. There, I admitted it. XD

Remix Account
I have only one alt, namely Ultraman-7, which I intend to use in the future for the submission of my video-game (and perhaps other) covers, because I have decided (after posting one video game remix on this account) that they draw way too much attention. And I don't want people coming to check out my account because of songs that I didn't make from scratch. Kinda makes me feel weird. I know that a lot of people do it, but somehow, I just don't feel comfortable with it, so I'll post all covers there to make my life easier. :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-25 07:44:33

VG Remixes

That's weird, because I did two VG remixes and neither of them garnered much attention at all. Maybe it's because I blow hard cock in terms of music.....

But it might be because I only spent 4 and 6 hours respectively on those two songs. So as you can see.....

But one of them was a damn near perfect recomposition done completely by ear....

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-25 09:51:31

Alts

I am MaestroRage's alt. We've established this fact openly a long time ago. I have nothing to hide.

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-03-25 09:52:07

Sad faic. Well.. hopefully something really good happens to balance that out.

I can't imagine losing an entire PC full of stuff.

BBS Signature