00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

biimooner just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,785,050 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-29 20:50:25

FL logo = Habanero pepper

Looks like it to me at least lol.

The Audio Forum Lounge

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-29 20:50:30

For all you chiptunes junkies.

I stumbled upon this pretty cool video and DIY to make an organ into a live chiptunes piano.

www.linusakesson.net/chipophone/index.ph p

Pretty sick

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-29 21:00:38

At 9/29/10 09:40 AM, TMM43 wrote: Holy busy

You know I thought that with being in school and everything I'd have some free time on my hands. Apparently not. I'm taking 6 classes, hanging out with the girlfriend, and partying... I've been so damn busy it's crazy...

Buy a sheet music book. That's what I did when I started school. Now you can write music in between classes, or in class when you inevitably start slacking.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-30 00:52:17

At 9/29/10 09:00 PM, blackattackbitch wrote:
At 9/29/10 09:40 AM, TMM43 wrote: Holy busy
Buy a sheet music book.

This...Gets you good at notation too which is a nice skill.

American Internet Blacklisting
http://demandprogress.org/blacklist/?sou rce=fb&ref=nf

sounds sweeeeet. NG will be the first to go-- all us crazy liberals and terrorists

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-30 01:21:58

Don't think I've heard a shittier song.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-30 01:34:24

Hey guys! For those of you that remember the She remix contest back last Halloween, I've followed through on part two of my plan. :D

Yay Halloween! :D

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-30 01:35:27

At 9/30/10 01:34 AM, SolusLunes wrote: Hey guys! For those of you that remember the She remix contest back last Halloween, I've followed through on part two of my plan. :D

Yay Halloween! :D

Note to self: Link part two.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-30 02:03:23

At 9/30/10 01:21 AM, AMP wrote: Don't think I've heard a shittier song.

I have.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-30 02:15:03

At 9/30/10 02:03 AM, InvisibleObserver wrote:
I have.

I don't know you too well so I can't tell if you're joking :(

You're joking right?
please be joking....

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-30 02:23:29

I'm trying to figure out what to call the genre...

In other news, for the who-knows-what time, I'm trying to get more active in the forums again.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-30 04:34:40

At 9/30/10 04:31 AM, Chronamut wrote:
At 9/30/10 02:23 AM, Tzunami wrote:
I'm trying to figure out what to call the genre...

In other news, for the who-knows-what time, I'm trying to get more active in the forums again.
I'm sorry but.. who are you..?

That amount sums it up right there. I don't post well enough to even be known. Maybe a post here and there... but that's it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-30 09:29:02

Pig FTW.

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-30 10:43:53

At 9/30/10 02:23 AM, Tzunami wrote: In other news, for the who-knows-what time, I'm trying to get more active in the forums again.

We're in the same boat. Want to be my friend?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-30 11:26:46

At 9/30/10 02:15 AM, AMP wrote: I don't know you too well so I can't tell if you're joking :(

This whole page makes me want to poo tears.

<3

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-30 12:31:52

Get into more worldly musics. like ragas and taqsims lol

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-30 12:52:40

At 9/30/10 12:01 PM, Chronamut wrote: also looking to expand into new genres - one thing I like to say is that music is a creative energy that you can use and apply to any genre - only limitation are your own likes and dislikes of specific genres. The rest is just all learning how to do it.

The Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition will be happening again early 2011; start cranking out some hip hop tunes in preparation!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-30 16:20:03

It sounds like Blood on The Dance Floor.

AKA Trance Screamo

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-30 17:05:54

At 9/30/10 12:01 PM, Chronamut wrote: so this NGADM has actually re-sparked my interest in music making

Then i challenge thee to a duel of the musical kind! But not just any kind of musical battle. Oh no, we must play real instruments with nothing but our or someone else's genitalia, and the battle will be long and intense and one of us may not survive!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-30 17:12:04

Moving on from Music Production

I have been thinking about this for a while now. I don't know if it's just the weather or lack of motivation; but I don't feel like producing anymore. I don't feel satisfied when I finish a track and whenever I do finish one I'll just think to myself " great, finished, now I can do other things" but in a more negative way. It's kind of upsetting to me because I really loved producing once I moved on from magic music maker to fruity loops. If I do move on from producing, that means I've wasted 2 years of high school not caring because I cared about music production then. I want to do well in school now, so maybe that's why I can't make music anymore.

I'm not throwing all of my music side away, I'll start learning to DJ and perhaps start a label with a radio show. Perhaps I'll start teaching myself Piano again; once I get myself a piano that is. I just can't stand making stuff anymore, it's too stressful for me. Music business is shit hard and I did not realize that until now. ( I knew it was hard to get into, but knowing that it's actually difficult mind fucked me ).

So for now I'm setting a goal for myself to not touch music production until next year and see what happens. I have a music class and will probably need to create something for it, but I won't count that. Also, I will just be helping out now by writing more reviews on here, helping people out with Ableton if they are new and just start focusing more on school I guess. I realized about a week ago that I go to college in less than two years. Fuck. Better start working on my maths because that is my next best subject. Maybe this is just a phase, but who knows.

I want to say thanks to those especially Karco, Kazmo and Mrmilkcarton who have helped me work my ass on getting out of my cheesy sound crap, took me fucking three years to do.

To sum this up for people who don't have time to read my post: I give up music production.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-30 17:26:15

At 9/30/10 05:12 PM, Sequenced wrote: To sum this up for people who don't have time to read my post: I give up music production.

There is no reason to ultimately give it up. It's not something you have to do all the time. Just take a break for a week or maybe a month. A whole year is quite a long time; You will most likely pick it back up in that time. I think most of us go through this at one point or another, I know I have.

I think I have something to fall back to because I can always work on my guitar when writing and producing is getting me down. I definitely suggest picking up the piano. Try and take some lessons, it can spark you creativity.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-30 17:44:16

At 9/30/10 05:26 PM, SineRider wrote:
I think I have something to fall back to because I can always work on my guitar when writing and producing is getting me down. I definitely suggest picking up the piano. Try and take some lessons, it can spark you creativity.

I already have taken piano lessions, for 13 years. I prefer being self taught now, picking up score books I enjoy.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-30 17:48:34

At 9/30/10 10:43 AM, blackattackbitch wrote:
At 9/30/10 02:23 AM, Tzunami wrote: In other news, for the who-knows-what time, I'm trying to get more active in the forums again.
We're in the same boat. Want to be my friend?

Sure why not. I gotta start somewhere.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-09-30 23:36:03

At 9/30/10 05:12 PM, Sequenced wrote: To sum this up for people who don't have time to read my post: I give up music production.

I mean no offense when I say this, but that's kind of a childish attitude. So maybe you're burned out... take a few months and do something new. You might be surprised to find that you're excited about it again.

Just saying "I quit" is ridiculous.

WHERE AM I
Augusta, GA. Playing at the Imperial Theatre tomorrow, then on to FL!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-01 01:23:02

Loansindi

Should star in my art film in which he will be placed in a green-screen room with a green duvet, and a matching green duvet cover. His back will be to the camera and he must place the blanket inside the cover. The blanket will be too large to be easy to put on the inside thus he will have to jump up and down doing weird jigs to get it in (that is what she said).

Then I'll impose him onto some hot coals or something and play a diminished version of the American anthem on top with horse whinnies playing once in a while.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-01 02:37:09

At 9/30/10 11:36 PM, loansindi wrote:

Just saying "I quit" is ridiculous.

I didn't say " I quit " . Don't take my words out of context.

I'm giving myself a break until January in case you missed that.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-01 02:50:48

I am getting there...

NG fame here i come! Two of my songs are in two frontpage submission! Oooh yeaah! Things are looking good!

Flash animation

I am going to animate even more! And make music at the same time! I had such a succes last time with my FP why not do it again!

Wish me luck guys! Because i might not come back!! ;)

Naahh i cant never do that i love you guys way too much <3

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-01 04:21:44

At 10/1/10 02:50 AM, YouriX wrote: I am getting there...

NG fame here i come! Two of my songs are in two frontpage submission! Oooh yeaah! Things are looking good!

Don't be too full of yourself... it could just be a 5 minute fame moment.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-01 04:34:03

At 10/1/10 04:21 AM, Sequenced wrote:
At 10/1/10 02:50 AM, YouriX wrote: I am getting there...

Don't be too full of yourself... it could just be a 5 minute fame moment.

Yeah thats what i thaught at first. But it stayed there for a good while :)

Anyways wait till you get all frontpaged. And see if you can stay all cool and calm :P

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-01 04:45:25

Anyways wait till you get all frontpaged. And see if you can stay all cool and calm :P

i got 2nd on top 5 and i was all like

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-10-01 06:22:19

Travelling

I am going to Bosnia tomorrow! I am pretty excited about it. My Dad is working there at the moment and me and my Mom are going to join him there. For a week though, later I have to go back home, back to school. Still, I bet it's gonna rock!

Sequencer

You should really take a break. But not for a while year.

Also if you are concerned about your school achievements, then in my opinion, you should put school on the first place and study seriously.