00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Peacock6k just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,794,490 Views | 34,319 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-06 19:23:10

At 5/6/10 07:09 PM, jarrydn wrote:
As for metalcore...ehhh, makes sense to me. Metal music with hardcore influences.

As for the post-post thing, yea I agree completely with what you said. Didn't think that part through very well. :-P

But metalcore is just metal with punk influences, often simply referred to as hardcore metal. Metalcore is "hardcore" metal to be quite honest. (And I hate both terms honestly.) Why not just call it all what it is, punk metal? It just annoys me when I see little 12 year olds going around labeling every off shoot of music with the term core.

It doesn't describe the music itself, its just a current fad in terms of labeling music that people see as cool, not so much what is really describing the genre accurately. Which really sorta bugs me.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-06 19:38:34

Post-Postmodernism is a bunch of academics who have not only run out of things to name stuff as, but also desperately want to make a name for themselves by coining their own generation.

And no, that ain't Sealab. It's from a 1970s cartoon version of Planet of the Apes.
It's a fucking hilariously bad cartoon. And my sig came from a screenshot I took of the cartoon. Look it up on youtube if you want a laugh like the old Heman cartoons give.

The Audio Forum Lounge

If you think you might have secret information listening to me, you're lost.

~Morton Feldman

Click on ROGA'S for a good time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-06 19:43:54

Woo!
Some dude bailed out on my friend after buying his ticket, so because of that, I am going to a free Chicago Symphony Orchestra concert tonight; Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto is playing.

Score!

If you think you might have secret information listening to me, you're lost.

~Morton Feldman

Click on ROGA'S for a good time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-06 19:45:07

But metalcore is just metal with punk influences, often simply referred to as hardcore metal. Metalcore is "hardcore" metal to be quite honest. (And I hate both terms honestly.) Why not just call it all what it is, punk metal? It just annoys me when I see little 12 year olds going around labeling every off shoot of music with the term core.

It doesn't describe the music itself, its just a current fad in terms of labeling music that people see as cool, not so much what is really describing the genre accurately. Which really sorta bugs me.

For me, "punk metal" conjurs up images of old school thrash. When I think of metalcore, I can definitely bring to mind a specific sound. Metalcore may indeed be a trendy term, but then again, it's a pretty trendy genre hahahaha!!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-06 19:48:49

At 5/6/10 07:23 PM, Gravey wrote: But metalcore is just metal with punk influences, often simply referred to as hardcore metal. Metalcore is "hardcore" metal to be quite honest. (And I hate both terms honestly.) Why not just call it all what it is, punk metal? It just annoys me when I see little 12 year olds going around labeling every off shoot of music with the term core.

Hardcore is an offshoot of punk, metal kinda developed seperate from punk. The "core" thing is alot of times used for jokes.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-06 22:59:21

Hardcore is an offshoot of punk, metal kinda developed seperate from punk. The "core" thing is alot of times used for jokes.

yeaaahhh...when i think hardcore i think the oldschool 90's electronic genres...180 bpm hardcore gabber kicks and what not..

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-07 00:01:05

At 5/6/10 10:59 PM, SessileNomad wrote: yeaaahhh...when i think hardcore i think the oldschool 90's electronic genres...180 bpm hardcore gabber kicks and what not..

Hardcore punk has been around since the early 80s.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-07 06:10:11

It's good to see the audio mods cleared the list.

don't be late | Collab101 | Australian Users List | Nayhan's actionScript examples > click

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-07 08:09:13

At 5/7/10 06:10 AM, Nayhan wrote: It's good to see the audio mods cleared the list.

I doubt it.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-07 08:41:26

Exams

Are a pain. Luckily my exams are coming to an end.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-07 08:56:32

At 5/7/10 08:41 AM, MrSaint wrote:

Exams

fucking indeed. got all mine out of the way yesterday and I'm still feeling antsy.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-07 10:10:21

At 5/7/10 08:41 AM, MrSaint wrote: Exams

I don't get exams this year :D

I'm the only one who takes the american curriculum in the tutors college thing I go to lol. I've been chillin all year :P

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-07 11:33:39

At 5/7/10 11:15 AM, Chronamut wrote:
Now everyone go and post your pics there - I know you're all bursting at the seams to post your piccie shenanigans :P

I thought about it...then I decided to continue living my life.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-07 14:13:47

At 5/7/10 12:11 PM, Chronamut wrote:
its one click of a button here man - if you can waste your life here you can take a split second to let everyone in on your life there ;)

when was that site made?

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-07 15:42:03

At 5/7/10 02:13 PM, Quarl wrote:
At 5/7/10 12:11 PM, Chronamut wrote:
its one click of a button here man - if you can waste your life here you can take a split second to let everyone in on your life there ;)
when was that site made?

Started August 2009, made public the 4th of may.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-07 23:53:23

Hai Guiz!

Most of you probably don't remember me :# but anywho, I'd just thought I'd liet you guys know, I'm hooking up with Aura-Core! well, sorta, things are a bit fuzzy at the moment. Basically I'll be mastering and remastering audio for them. Other than that, whats up?

"a three hour experiment to breathe life back into Radiogrounds," THE ORGY CAST WITH KAROKARRA AND GREY SHADO EVER SUNDAY 8-10PM NG TIME

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 02:09:39

At 5/7/10 03:42 PM, Mich wrote:

You guys making any plans to announce this site to a larger audience or are you guys just dealing with what's trickling in? I can see some serious potential in there. Hell, the review system alone makes newgrounds current audio portal come off like a joke...

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 02:46:58

At 5/8/10 02:09 AM, Quarl wrote:
You guys making any plans to announce this site to a larger audience or are you guys just dealing with what's trickling in? I can see some serious potential in there.

Mich made a frontpage newspost, and as you might have noticed we've adopted sigs here in the NG bbs.

Very widespread advertising will probably occur after the the rest of the currently planned features are implemented (as you know, it's definitely still in early stages), and we've run the site for a while with a smallish userbase for testing purposes. We've already found a lot of little things that need to change with the relatively small number of users who are active.

Hell, the review system alone makes newgrounds current audio portal come off like a joke...

We spent a very long time working out how it would work, and I'm glad that people are liking it.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 03:05:24

Before any publicity work is done for TheAudioPortal do change the color scheme. Its like a really ugly Unreal tournament theme. The layout is good, the shapes and whatnot are fine, but greys and red is just assault.

I know someone who could twiddle the graphics a bit for $. :P

Back at the ranch...

I have taught a friend to play didgeridoo, gave him a PVC one, and have commenced teaching him to ride the unicycle. In due time he will be adept at both, and will combine them. Then we will unicycle and didgeridoo at the same time. We may attempt to busk and make money as a uni-didge-duo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 07:38:18

TV appearance :D
I'm gonna be on national live TV with my band this Tuesday. One song only and it's a cover, but still my (and the band's) first TV appearance. There's this tribute marathon for Mashina, and the channel called me (directly me! I'm that important) and invited me and the band to show up. Gave us 5 days to learn the song though, and with another gig this Sunday, stuff are really difficult right now. Still, we gonna be on TV :D

If someone could record it I'll post it on Youtube and let you guys see.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 08:48:39

Ba dum du dum du dum. TSHHHH!

Indescriptive topic names have left me in despair!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 08:50:39

At 5/8/10 08:48 AM, meneldil wrote: Ba dum du dum du dum. TSHHHH!

You're doing it wrong. It's: Ba-dum TSHHH!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 09:44:22

At 5/8/10 08:50 AM, Mussirus wrote:
At 5/8/10 08:48 AM, meneldil wrote: Ba dum du dum du dum. TSHHHH!
You're doing it wrong. It's: Ba-dum TSHHH!

That site just won the internet.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 09:55:14

At 5/8/10 07:28 AM, Chronamut wrote:
I find I don't even notice people's sigs anymore.

Same deal with me. At this point sigs are just something my eyes gloss over. I only just now realized you guys had those audio portal sigs :(

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 10:52:33

As I've mentioned before, I really don't have a budget for having a design done.
There's one guy who's active in design who said he'll cook up something, I'm curious as to what it'll be.

And by the way, thanks for all the positive feedback guys! :)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 12:54:02

Argh, where's all my Liquid Funk massive? :(

Hope I'm not ranting but the Drum & Bass section of this site has always been filled with generic Pendulum. I hope I'm not offending anyone, it just seems like everyone's been making the same sort of stuff and there's only a very small limited number of artists who I've seen dabble into the softer jazzier vibe inducing stuff that's known as Liquid Funk or Liquid D&B.

More recently it seems like there's been a lot of dub-step, but again it's only the really heavy stuff..

In short, why is it that the Drum & Bass section here is only filled with HARDCORE super-bass heavy D&B and Dub-step?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 14:01:56

I make a lot of mellow, slow, relaxing trance and orchestral tracks these days. I never can make epical tracks, they are just not for me. I guess I have a nature of a peaceful man and I'm more talented at mellow and slow tracks. Well, good enough for me. I love trance and classical tracks as well as orchestral tracks.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 14:38:44

At 5/8/10 01:52 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 5/8/10 12:54 PM, bladerunner627 wrote: Argh, where's all my Liquid Funk massive? :(
If you want things to change, start by submitting your own work that you want more of. If it's good, people will catch on.

Ha ha, I have for quite a few years too.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 16:38:13

Quick question, but would it be possible that you opened up yourself to legal issues with this? You've pretty much just taken the same name as what is present here on Newgrounds, and just did a slight overhaul of the voting procedure. I'm not saying its not a nifty new site and that it's a bad idea or anything. The site looks great so far. But it seems like it's so similar to what is already here that it would open you up to possible legal problems.

The similarities are astounding. You have a weekly tops list, an all time list (even though it is labeled slightly different), and a most recently submitted list for the portal page. The forums seem to be exactly the same with just a different styled display (different shade of gray and an emphasis on red instead of orange frame, same styled font it looks like, same physical setup for the forum, i.e. pics on the left with post count, sign up date, and level under the pic) and lack of the ability to have signatures. And really, you used the exact same name for your site as Newgrounds uses here for their audio submissions page.

I could just be bringing up an issue that doesn't exists, but if it were me I would have tried to do something a little bit more.....original. Because it just seems like it's just like Newgrounds, except the leveling. reviewing, voting systems are different. Idk, just seems like it's so much like Newgrounds present audio portal setup that you could be opening yourself to some sort of legal issues is all. Especially since you used the exact same name for your site that has been in place here for years.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 16:50:40

At 5/8/10 04:40 PM, LaForge wrote: So I take it TAP is out in the open now?

Well, this a public forum and since I think they would be trying to promote it and not privatize it, that would make sense.

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature