00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,783,577 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-04 00:22:39

Yuh, but it's fun to drop a bunch of lulz on someone when it's your stuff they posted.

Especially when they took it from this site. (Has happened to me twice I think)

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-04 00:25:22

At 12/4/09 12:12 AM, Blackhole12 wrote:
At 12/3/09 11:53 PM, loansindi wrote:
At 12/3/09 10:56 PM, Blackhole12 wrote: [This] is how I respond to people stealing 6 of my songs, without even bothering to rename them. Epic lulz.
It's worth mentioning that reviews claiming a song are stolen are against the rules. Even when the song is actually stolen.
...That's a very strange rule, which approximately 6 or 7 people have now broken.

I think it'd be a few more then 6 or 7 people that have broken that rule. It is quite a strange rule but by saying it's stolen in a review doesn't really help at all. They should include a link to the Audio Portal Cleanup thread somewhere in the Audio Portal.

don't be late | Collab101 | Australian Users List | Nayhan's actionScript examples > click

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-04 00:34:58

Lol, pretty sure I've broken that rule, numerous times :P

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-04 01:05:52

Same. I understand the rule, but when you know for sure shit is stolen (especially when you made it yourself) it's a bit dumb.

Too much fun roasting the dumb bastards that attempt to steal shit.

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-04 01:07:12

At 12/4/09 01:05 AM, EchozAurora wrote: Too much fun roasting the dumb bastards that attempt to steal shit.

I don't understand why you'd have to make it public.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-04 01:36:18

At 12/4/09 01:07 AM, loansindi wrote: I don't understand why you'd have to make it public.

For the same reason that you like to make SoD's shortfalls public? :P

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-04 01:43:53

At 12/4/09 01:36 AM, jarrydn wrote: For the same reason that you like to make SoD's shortfalls public? :P

But that's entertaining!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-04 06:55:43

At 12/2/09 01:08 PM, jarrydn wrote:
At 12/2/09 12:15 PM, SolidElectro wrote: Btw does stalking and not posting count in making you a reg?
What the hell is this obsession with being a reg?

Being a reg doesn't mean that you're part of some amazing super exclusive club. It has nothing to do with the deplorable act of rape. All it means is that you are one of many sad fuckos (myself included) that wastes their years posting on an internet forum, instead of say...going outside and kicking a ball. Maybe even kicking the ball over to someone else, and beginning an actual, proper, physical relationship with another human being.

About fucking time somebody said something about this regular bullshit. Been meaning to post something similar, but then I thought "Oh well, fuck it"

But you know, this elitism has reached an extreme high, where people start to ask if post count even gets factored into the equasion of the Audio Forum dynasty. You guys have now officially made it desirable and 'cool' (if you can call it that) to be a reg. Whilst normally something like this wouldn't even be looked at, it has become an admirable title in the lounge. One you get by posting 5x a day, getting buttraped by Chron, and talking about nothing more than 20 inch cocks and balls the size of a normal man's head.

Freaking conformists... FUCK.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-04 07:00:08

Lay=inn just became more worthwhile to read for me, most of the rest became less worthwhile to read for me, i had already decided to visit this thread alot less, why is that you wonder.. its the audio portal afterall and im a musician, oh..

*goes to play ps3*

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-04 07:07:13

At 12/4/09 07:00 AM, Calamaistr wrote: Lay=inn just became more worthwhile to read for me, most of the rest became less worthwhile to read for me, i had already decided to visit this thread alot less, why is that you wonder.. its the audio portal afterall and im a musician, oh..

*goes to play ps3*

Lol, PS3

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-04 07:24:03

Regs

La-yinn, I sort of agree, even though I admit I've participated in that game in the past...
I try to just ignore it, and just pop in here if either I have something interesting to say, or there's an interesting discussions going on. I see the regs more as a bunch of buddies who recognize each other on here because they frequently post around the AF. That's all there is to it in my eyes.

So let's not bicker about what being a reg is 'all about', as it's nothing special.

On another note

This level icon sucks.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-04 07:31:07

Regz

The whole group has its good and bad points, just like cliques in junior high. I've been here long enough to see the bullshit, and yet I'm still here, because they are (mostly) comprised of friendly people who know each other and take pleasure in each other's company.

I like the think the Audio Reg's are more than just vulgarity-obsessed elitists with world-sized egos. Am I wrong?

THE NEWGROUNDS PODCAST

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!" we would cry. Thousands were killed.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-04 08:24:50

At 12/4/09 07:31 AM, Stupor wrote: I like to think the Audio Reg's are more than just vulgarity-obsessed elitists with world-sized egos. Am I wrong?

Sorry you lost me with all those words... The Wi/Ht forum when a bit to far with their Wi/Ht Regulars List.

don't be late | Collab101 | Australian Users List | Nayhan's actionScript examples > click

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-04 08:36:19

At 12/4/09 08:24 AM, Nayhan wrote:
At 12/4/09 07:31 AM, Stupor wrote: I like to think the Audio Reg's are more than just vulgarity-obsessed elitists with world-sized egos. Am I wrong?
Sorry you lost me with all those words... The Wi/Ht forum when a bit to far with their Wi/Ht Regulars List.

The Wi/Ht forum is more about collecting all kinds of statistics and whoring those statistics out than it is about "where is, How to?".

And @Stupor: When they're not bickering about something, they can be quite friendly. :3
But really, as has been said before, it's not a clique... Regs are just people who regularly waste their time on this particular forum and therefore get to know some others who also do that.
Regs are also those that regularly help out here and there and/or bring some giggles where things are too serious.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-04 09:06:32

I have been thinking of starting an Audio Collab, where there would be a base track of one instrument then someone else would add another instrument and so on. Does anyone else think this would be a good idea or interesting to try? or has it already been done?

At 12/4/09 08:36 AM, Mich wrote: The Wi/Ht forum is more about collecting all kinds of statistics and whoring those statistics out than it is about "where is, How to?".

I don't see why they spend the time doing all that. I does encourage people to review and vote more.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-04 17:37:30

Who needs a PS3 when you Castlevania 3 to consistently kick the shit out of you no matter what you do?

If you think you might have secret information listening to me, you're lost.

~Morton Feldman

Click on ROGA'S for a good time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-04 18:33:39

Braces

Just got my wires tightened. Fucking hurts like hell now. I'm glad I only am having them for 18 months, it's been 2 months so far.

The colored bands are black, so my teeth look whiter because of it :P Cool trick, huh?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-04 18:42:05

Braces

At 12/4/09 06:33 PM, Sealander wrote: Just got my wires tightened. Fucking hurts like hell now. I'm glad I only am having them for 18 months, it's been 2 months so far.

The colored bands are black, so my teeth look whiter because of it :P Cool trick, huh?

Oh I remember when I got my braces. It hurt the most when I just got them and I thought I could eat a sandwhich just like that. I ate soup and pudding for like 3 days. And getting them tightened hurts a bit indeed, but that wears of in about a day or 2, so it isn't all that bad.
I always had blue coloured bands. :3 A good trick to make your teeth whiter is to brush them well by the way. Tee hee.

Also, the feeling when they finally take your braces of is spectacular. Your mouth will feel all spacey.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-04 19:29:29

At 12/4/09 06:42 PM, Mich wrote:

Also, the feeling when they finally take your braces of is spectacular. Your mouth will feel all spacey.

Yeah, I've had that feeling before, I had other shit ( not literally ) put into my mouth.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-04 22:29:29

At 12/4/09 05:37 PM, EmperorCharlemagne wrote: Who needs a PS3 when you Castlevania 3 to consistently kick the shit out of you no matter what you do?

Ive got emulators plenty.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-04 23:39:48

At 12/4/09 11:35 PM, ZStriefel wrote: Braces

I was blessed with fairly straight teeth. Never had to get braces.. Also my wisdom teeth grew in straight..
I've never had a cavity, never had a tooth pulled.. Although I'm told its not so bad, I never want to find out.

lol yeah brushing your teeth is a great way of keeping them white..
Also not smoking or drinking coffee...

I used to have braces but only the thin kind not huge ones and the outside bracelet bracelet thing bracelet for only like one year, so whatever.

Thats for me getting ko'ed in a kumite training and falling forward right on the gym-floor (wich is rock hard) losing my front tooth.. oh and another time walking around purposely with my eyes closed (cause it was fun) and smacking my face against a lantern pole.

Then again one of my teeth has always been crooked, when i bit and aple you would see this in it:

_ /

thats not a joke.

Thats fixed now though, i have perfect dental.

Oh btw strifel you almost forgot to review my tracks :O !
(got a new one too)

greets calamaistr. (not to the regs, they are no longer regs but anns from now on)

that stands for annoyings btw.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-05 00:48:54

At 12/4/09 11:35 PM, ZStriefel wrote: Braces

I was blessed with fairly straight teeth. Never had to get braces.. Also my wisdom teeth grew in straight..
I've never had a cavity, never had a tooth pulled.. Although I'm told its not so bad, I never want to find out.

lol yeah brushing your teeth is a great way of keeping them white..
Also not smoking or drinking coffee...

i have had like 15 cavities all because of my addiction to wild berry skittles when i was a little kid.. i'm 17 now and im missing a tooth permanently but my teeth are healthy now

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me

Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-05 00:52:08

At 12/4/09 11:39 PM, Calamaistr wrote: that stands for annoyings btw.

why do you frequent this lounge if you hate it so much?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-05 01:04:56

Mainstream Prediction

Is anybody here into deadmau5? I am starting to wonder how quickly he is going to morph into mainstream mode.

inb4 musical pomposity

beep

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-05 03:15:24

Mainstream Prediction

I predict a mass genocide of the overly popular Mainstream crap that is being thrown out into every genre. And from the ashes shall come better, stronger music, that will stand the test of time. =3

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-05 03:19:22

At 12/5/09 03:15 AM, Kirbyfemur wrote: Mainstream Prediction

I predict a mass genocide of the overly popular Mainstream crap that is being thrown out into every genre. And from the ashes shall come better, stronger music, that will stand the test of time. =3

i dont think this will happen, great music will just become more and more underground and will be near impossible to find

im kind of a pessimist :/

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-05 04:31:06

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-05 08:43:40

At 12/5/09 12:52 AM, loansindi wrote:
At 12/4/09 11:39 PM, Calamaistr wrote: that stands for annoyings btw.
why do you frequent this lounge if you hate it so much?

I think it's because he secretly loves us.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-05 10:18:43

i dont think this will happen, great music will just become more and more underground and will be near impossible to find

im kind of a pessimist :/

yes, yes you are. great music has always been "underground" but never impossible to find. just follow your ears.

besides, with online portals like newgrounds, there will always be a forum for new and exciting music.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-05 10:44:27

At 12/5/09 10:18 AM, durn wrote: besides, with online portals like newgrounds, there will always be a forum for new and exciting music.

I don't know if NG is the best example, considering the vast range of quality that gets submitted every day. But I agree; my mother used to crank up the Top 40's station at home, and I would sit upstairs and listen to my favorite artists on this website because their music juts sounded so much better...

Also, I love your house loops, please make more thanks

THE NEWGROUNDS PODCAST

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!" we would cry. Thousands were killed.