00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

stevewtf just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest

506,474 Views | 1,639 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-03-13 13:58:13

Nope, its this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFeHVbkdQ _I
just kidding

Also, Nihil, wut was Catoblepas's post about?

Oh yeah, and I was born in soviet russia, you are saying the truth(although I was like 1 year old :P)

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-03-13 15:42:02

At 3/11/09 05:57 PM, manifest001 wrote:
At 3/11/09 01:16 PM, Chaplow wrote:
At 3/11/09 03:03 AM, lerker wrote: im in only if the virisus on my pc LEAVE MY SIGHT lol
*LEAVE MY SITE
LOL!! another grammatical fail
unless it was on purpose, then its a lame attempt of popularity?

site - website
sight - what a person can see

learn grammar noob and you won't fail as much...

Are you trolling me or are you actually mentally retarded? It's ok if you are I'm all for Newgrounds being accessible to the handicapped.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-03-13 16:17:09

Wow. What a great conversation.

We are 2 people.

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-03-13 16:42:39

At 3/13/09 04:17 PM, PyroSpriteProduction wrote: Wow. What a great conversation.

Urrite I got carried away.

I just get really cheesed off when people me a noob ALL I WANTED WAS TO BE LOVED OK

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-03-13 17:54:00

At 3/13/09 01:58 PM, KuoryDaNinja wrote: Nope, its this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFeHVbkdQ _I
just kidding

Oh yeah, and I was born in soviet russia, you are saying the truth(although I was like 1 year old :P)

APPARENTLY WE CAN'T TALK ABOUT IT

SO, I HEARD THAT STREET FIGHTER CHUNLI MOVIE SUCKED.

were just talking about street figter here, that's realy importnat.

Jedermann sein eigner truthahn abendessen.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-03-13 18:33:37

Post it already :3
Do you have a date to submit i would really like to know Stamper/Utah

Make My Day.......

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-03-13 20:12:57

At 3/13/09 05:54 PM, mrnihil wrote: SO, I HEARD THAT STREET FIGHTER CHUNLI MOVIE SUCKED.

It does. How can anyone not see it in the trailor?

Meanwhile... in Soviet Russia, car drive YOU.

VIVRE CANADA LIBRE!!! VIVRE LE RÉPUBLIQUE CANADIENNE!!!

Fuck Ayn Rand

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-03-13 20:15:45

At 3/13/09 08:12 PM, mikailus wrote: It does. How can anyone not see it in the trailor?

Meanwhile... in Soviet Russia, car drive YOU.

i'm going to rent it. i knew it would be bad, but the reviews make it sound awesomely bad.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-03-13 23:32:56

At 3/13/09 05:54 PM, mrnihil wrote:
At 3/13/09 01:58 PM, KuoryDaNinja wrote: Nope, its this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFeHVbkdQ _I
just kidding

APPARENTLY WE CAN'T TALK ABOUT IT

SO, I HEARD THAT STREET FIGHTER CHUNLI MOVIE SUCKED.

were just talking about street figter here, that's realy importnat.

Well the poster really sucks, anyone looks like the original character, and only BISON, VEGA, BALROG and GEN? the SF have a good collection of characters so why only using them?

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-03-13 23:56:10

IMHO, the Chun-Li movie wasn't really that bad. I don't see how people can think that the X-Men movies were so good, and yet judge this movie before even watching it.

I've been eagerly awaiting this collab's release ever since I saw the ad for it. I wish I could've joined, but I've never done any Flash. I love Street Fighter, though. :)

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-03-14 00:09:58

At 3/13/09 11:56 PM, Ishi-Goturi wrote: IMHO, the Chun-Li movie wasn't really that bad. I don't see how people can think that the X-Men movies were so good, and yet judge this movie before even watching it.

I've been eagerly awaiting this collab's release ever since I saw the ad for it. I wish I could've joined, but I've never done any Flash. I love Street Fighter, though. :)

I saw it the other night, it sucked super fucking hard. Only character that seemed well acted and had some resemblance was Balrog. The movie itself was dull surprisingly... OK, maybe not surprisingly but I was hoping for more. WTF at Gen and Nash. And worst of all is how they pronounce Shadow law. I hate how low Capcom sells themselves. I'm pretty sure you could make anything a street fighter movie as long as you kinda get the name right.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-03-14 01:28:24

At 3/14/09 12:09 AM, JackTipper wrote:

:I hate how low Capcom sells themselves. I'm pretty sure you could make anything a street fighter movie as long as you kinda get the name right.

don't blame capcom, they just sell the rights. resident evil games are good, but the movies are terrible. that's because capcom doesn't make the movies. even if they approve the script, there's no way of knowing how bad the movie will turn out.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-03-14 04:08:37

At 3/13/09 03:42 PM, Chaplow wrote:
At 3/11/09 05:57 PM, manifest001 wrote:
At 3/11/09 01:16 PM, Chaplow wrote:
At 3/11/09 03:03 AM, lerker wrote: im in only if the virisus on my pc LEAVE MY SIGHT lol
*LEAVE MY SITE
LOL!! another grammatical fail
unless it was on purpose, then its a lame attempt of popularity?

site - website
sight - what a person can see

learn grammar noob and you won't fail as much...
Are you trolling me or are you actually mentally retarded? It's ok if you are I'm all for Newgrounds being accessible to the handicapped.

lol sorry
not exactly a troll
just kidding
was more interested it a grammatical debate starting up lol
since most people seem to keep pointlessly arguing over the "LEAVE MY SIGHT" thing, its amusing to me how people try to prove themselves right, i just tried to provoke it..... and failed lol

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-03-14 04:18:43

At 3/13/09 04:42 PM, Chaplow wrote:
At 3/13/09 04:17 PM, PyroSpriteProduction wrote: Wow. What a great conversation.
Urrite I got carried away.

I just get really cheesed off when people me a noob ALL I WANTED WAS TO BE LOVED OK

lol sorry man
im sure you are loved
i didn't mean to call you noob :)
just a insult is always required to get people pissed off enough the say something stupid XD (thats not directed at you either)

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-03-14 11:41:26

At 3/14/09 01:28 AM, mrnihil wrote:
don't blame capcom, they just sell the rights. resident evil games are good, but the movies are terrible. that's because capcom doesn't make the movies. even if they approve the script, there's no way of knowing how bad the movie will turn out.

for god sake, i hope they not give the rights to make a MARVEL VS CAPCOM MOVIE

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-03-14 13:13:47

At 3/14/09 12:09 AM, JackTipper wrote: I saw it the other night, it sucked super fucking hard. Only character that seemed well acted and had some resemblance was Balrog. The movie itself was dull surprisingly... OK, maybe not surprisingly but I was hoping for more. WTF at Gen and Nash. And worst of all is how they pronounce Shadow law. I hate how low Capcom sells themselves. I'm pretty sure you could make anything a street fighter movie as long as you kinda get the name right.

I don't think it was too bad. Compare it to the first X-Men movie. They tried to keep it (TLoCL) from being an hour and a half of complete fanservice (TBH, they should have had more) while still keeping it true to the Street Fighter franchise. They also held back on flooding the movie with too many characters, which was probably a good thing. Yeah, there were some things I would've done differently, but it was about as good as any other lower-budget winter action film I've seen recently. My biggest disappointment was Vega: I felt he had too little screen-time to really weigh in on the plot, and he didn't stay true enough to the character in the games. If they were going to have him in there as basically a cameo appearance, they should've been a little more faithful to the games.

Basically, The Legend of Chun-Li works like any other film adaptation: If you go into it thinking it's going to suck, you're probably going to walk out of it thinking it's going to suck. This is especially true for action movies, since they turn out to be the campiest. This is a video game adaptation, no less. It was good for what it was.

There's rumors that the next film will feature Ryu, Dhalsim, and E. Honda.

lol I'd like to see Hugh Jackman do the "Berserker Barrage" in the Marvel vs. Capcom movie.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-03-14 13:15:50

lol I said, "...walk out of it thinking it's going to suck." :P Whoops.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-03-14 22:15:12

At 3/14/09 11:41 AM, Osuka wrote: for god sake, i hope they not give the rights to make a MARVEL VS CAPCOM MOVIE

Cmon man, you wouldnt want to see Jason Statham as Cyber Akuma?

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-03-14 23:15:00

At 3/14/09 10:15 PM, perkinses wrote:
At 3/14/09 11:41 AM, Osuka wrote: for god sake, i hope they not give the rights to make a MARVEL VS CAPCOM MOVIE

Yeah, and have Jet Li as Strider Hiryu. Or Kate Beckinsale as Mystique.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-03-14 23:59:09

I can explain later but I'm the reason for the SF collab delay.. dont blam me its a good reason kinda.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-03-15 02:35:06

At 3/14/09 11:59 PM, Tarteviant wrote: I can explain later but I'm the reason for the SF collab delay.. dont blam me its a good reason kinda.

LETS KILL HIM lol no but why is it your fault? bet you must be doing somthing really cool to delay it for 3 weeks. well maybe jst 1 or 2.
Still think it could be done in 2 weeks at a slowish pace, 90 participants, maybe 3 different submissions?. one thing that i didn't like about the metal gear solid colab was the lenght. and if there is only going to be 2 submissions it'll be about 25 mins worth of stuff to watch and in the MGS colab it got kind of dry. How is it presented? or is that a suprise?

Willva Films

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-03-15 02:46:04

Yeah, and have Jet Li as Strider Hiryu. Or Kate Beckinsale as Mystique.

or maybe Paul Walker for Captain Commando? wow this could be the lamest movie in history

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-03-15 03:11:19

EXACTLY ninjas wear black and are stealthy not wear orange and loud and say believe it
they shouldve called the show, ridiculous super fighters with special techniques or something
whatever
Naruto is a tard

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-03-15 03:55:37

No. It's not my fault. I'm just getting so bored...

I did it for lolz.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-03-15 06:30:42

At 3/14/09 10:15 PM, perkinses wrote:

Cyber Akuma is from Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter...

OK, I'm grasping at straws here. :P

If they did make such a catastrophe they'd have to use Resident Evil, Megaman and other misc series' of Capcom nd Capcom would have to have their finger dipped into the Movie pie too.

The mock-up poster isn't delivering enough emphasis on how pathetic it would turn out. Try Harder.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-03-15 10:14:40

At 3/15/09 06:30 AM, spagettio wrote:
The mock-up poster isn't delivering enough emphasis on how pathetic it would turn out. Try Harder.

yeah i did the poster quick, i dont have time to do a better one, im working in the weekends t.t
also is only a idea of how crappy would be making that movie

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-03-15 12:01:17

you are the had the 1337 comment on here you bastard javascript:MakeSmileySelection(15);

Signed By, The Official------

--------------N8iveidiot14-----

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-03-15 15:07:17

The difference between Guile and wolverine there, is that wolverine at least looks like who he's meant to be. Van damme was probably the worst person to cast as guile. If they wanted a big name they could have went for sylvester stallone or something, but it should have just been someone who actually looks like him + a wig ;)

they can do anything with wires, even if stallone isnt a martial artist he could have pulled it off, if they didnt just get someone absolutely perfect if not small-time for the part. (Not to mention get a better script and director and producer and... and... and... and... etc.)

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-03-15 15:52:11

cmon sfcollab, make us happy ... :P
i hope it is launched soon

everything, by me ;)

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-03-15 17:24:50

At 3/14/09 11:59 PM, Tarteviant wrote: I can explain later but I'm the reason for the SF collab delay.. dont blam me its a good reason kinda.

Well then tell all of us, bitch!

VIVRE CANADA LIBRE!!! VIVRE LE RÉPUBLIQUE CANADIENNE!!!

Fuck Ayn Rand