00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thatgooner just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion

48,576 Views | 996 Replies

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-07 08:15:17

I did the same as Tramps did for the only category I had a chance of coming anywhere remotely high in, Rookie Of The Year:

MwMike: 4
LampFace: 8
Twilight95: 11
Morichax:15

I'm not going to win, though there's a possibility that I'll come in the first few.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-07 08:15:55

There are probably going to be alot more votes than nominations, due to all the dobio's that get put down because people can't think of someone.

Also, how exactly did TSstudios get the chance to run the awards in the first place?

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-07 08:18:28

Fun fact:

While this discussion topic has many more pages/replies, it's actually the nomination topic itself that has more views.

Newgrounders, you attention whores you.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-07 08:21:35

At 12/7/08 08:11 AM, Tramps wrote: Hah, I still think that in that circumstance, Elios' votes will triple and pox powers will increase a large deal.

Possibly, but we'll have to wait and see.

Do you know how many people go through to the next stage?

The top five nominations in each category, I believe.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-07 08:21:42

At 12/7/08 08:18 AM, Gagsy wrote: Fun fact:

While this discussion topic has many more pages/replies, it's actually the nomination topic itself that has more views.

Newgrounders, you attention whores you.

I visited the page but I is thinking of who to put down for what category. I needs to think it out before I post. I might nominate you for something though :P I don't know what yet but we'll see.

Oh, exploitable!!!|Men of NG are faithful (most anyway) :3| "Your dressing like a stripper makes me feel pretty too."- Elder500| Siggy made by me :3

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-07 08:24:07

2 votes for me, I wont win those categories because I'm not the worst poster or biggest spammer. I can't decide between NEVR or Eyelovepoozy for worst mod. All mods are pretty awefull, I voted for Redcircle before...

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-07 08:26:19

At 12/7/08 08:24 AM, sirtom93 wrote: I can't decide between NEVR or Eyelovepoozy for worst mod. All mods are pretty awefull, I voted for Redcircle before...

I love the way you're holding a petty little internet grudge because I banned you a few times. Get a life, much?

Oh, and vote me for worst mod, not Poozy.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-07 08:30:23

I love the way you're holding a petty little internet grudge because I banned you a few times. Get a life, much?

Oh, and vote me for worst mod, not Poozy.

I don't actually hold a grudge against you, I just think your a poor moderator. And seeing as I have to pick one for that category I may aswell pick one that reflects my opinion the most. I've been banned by other mods more times than you have banned me, yet they all have extremely valid reasons.

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-07 08:36:53

I remember aspiring to get an award or two...

BUT WHO CARES, IT'S THE INTERNET

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-07 08:49:50

At 12/7/08 08:30 AM, sirtom93 wrote:
I don't actually hold a grudge against you, I just think your a poor moderator. And seeing as I have to pick one for that category I may aswell pick one that reflects my opinion the most. I've been banned by other mods more times than you have banned me, yet they all have extremely valid reasons.

NEVR a poor moderator? We might not agree with each other or even care for each other at all, but he is far from being the worst moderator on this website. I even thought he was one of the better moderators. He's the only mod that PM'd me when he deleted one of my posts and gave me a reason and he is almost always responsive to PM's. He usually locks those threads in the Wi/Ht after people answer the same question 100 times in a row. I understand we are all allowed to have our own opinions I just don't see where you can find him a bad mod let alone the worst one.

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-07 09:14:35

NEVR a poor moderator? We might not agree with each other or even care for each other at all, but he is far from being the worst moderator on this website. I even thought he was one of the better moderators. He's the only mod that PM'd me when he deleted one of my posts and gave me a reason and he is almost always responsive to PM's. He usually locks those threads in the Wi/Ht after people answer the same question 100 times in a row. I understand we are all allowed to have our own opinions I just don't see where you can find him a bad mod let alone the worst one.

Main case is he held the fact that someone was a wi/ht member over a ridiculous argument that I had ended and gave him the benefit of the doubt. Shows prejudice and lack of equal justice.

Eyelovepoozy and also Proteas, have also shown that they aren't such great mods - mainly for giving poor reasons for the ban and adapting the BBS rules to suit the ban.

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-07 09:16:28

Wow eh? I've received a few more votes for best poster. This really excites me for some reason. Never actually been seriously nominated for one of the BBS awards. I frequent here often as most of you know, and to be considered Poster of the Year even by a handful of people is pretty special to me.

For some reason.

¤´¨)

¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)

(¸.·´ (¸.·`¤[Rooby.22's Tunes]

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-07 09:24:09

At 12/7/08 09:20 AM, Tramps wrote: I mean, as popular you may be in real life and as many real life friends you have, being accepted by people you hardly even know is a good feeling.

Fuckin' eh man. High five lol. Thanks a lot for voting for me! Appreciate it. This is just sort of my internet home. No matter where I am in the world I can/do just come here and it sort of feels like a piece of home. Don't care what anyone else thinks, I fucking love this place and its users.

¤´¨)

¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-07 09:25:01

Vote for Alice and get a free coupon for Bennigan's and some gumballs.

Also, I don't think I'll be voting. I wasn't paying attention this year.

2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion

I miss my old sig )=

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-07 09:39:21

Not voting, because I'm out of touch with the current community, and can't be botherd to just give the customary reacharound to my BBS-buddies.

I don't take revenue from my profile.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-07 09:46:12

At 12/7/08 06:16 AM, Spirosgod wrote: At least you got voted for something...

Eh, some people don't get noticed. That's just how it goes.

I voted, but I found some categories waaay harder than others. Like, Worst Mod & I Miss Yew were easy, but Drama Queen and Most Improved were hard, especially because I only really started coming to the general forum about a quarter through the year...

Hopefully I'll be around more next year. Although, seeing as I'm in year 12...

At 12/7/08 06:19 AM, MissingNYC wrote: i really expected more votes for underrated...

+1.
I really had trouble deciding who for this one, but put the other contenders in more suitable categories.

My Art Thread! || Flash Reg Lounge! || CTSG Collab! :'( //

"And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun, for the people who are still alive..."

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-07 10:26:46

At 12/7/08 09:16 AM, RoobyKillAll wrote: Wow eh? I've received a few more votes for best poster. This really excites me for some reason. Never actually been seriously nominated for one of the BBS awards. I frequent here often as most of you know, and to be considered Poster of the Year even by a handful of people is pretty special to me.

For some reason.

Only because you are whoring yourself out.
You aren't really that good.
Just a whore.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-07 11:07:02

At 12/7/08 10:56 AM, KevnSevn wrote: I got one vote.

I might add you in soon. Top five as it stands:

ThoseSneakyFrench: 3
MwMike: 6
Twilight95: 11
Morichax:15

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-07 11:18:38

At 12/7/08 11:07 AM, Mendou wrote: Hey man, be nice.

Fuck you.
You wouldn't know good posting if it posted you in the fucking arse.
FUCK.

In all seriousness though, swearing makes santa mad.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-07 12:25:26

Well.

It appears that I have been nominated by cast for Worst Poster.

Could this have something to do with the fact that I did not mod him in the Stickam room yesterday, after he whined about not being modded?

That's what my money is on.

///THREE///TWO///ONE///ZERO///

The Chemical Brothers Vs. The Beastie Boys - Intergalactic Dust We Trust

Sig of win courtesy of InsertFunnyUserName.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-07 12:26:40

Lol, so far I got 2 votes for rookie of the year, but I signed up in 2007. And this year I've only be active for 4 months, so maybe that's why people think I'm new here.

At 12/7/08 09:14 AM, sirtom93 wrote: Eyelovepoozy and also Proteas, have also shown that they aren't such great mods - mainly for giving poor reasons for the ban and adapting the BBS rules to suit the ban.

I think Eyelovepoozy is a great mod. He's very strict, and that's exactly what we need. But many times he locks thread saying random things, like if he wanted to be posted in the "best lock ever". I still think he's a very good mod, but I'd say he has to improve his lock posts.

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-07 12:27:49

At 12/7/08 12:25 PM, Black-Ops wrote: That's what my money is on.

RoobyKillAll voted for me in worst poster, incidentally the day after an argument. This may or may not have been the reason for the vote, though.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-07 12:42:36

I should be voted rookie of the year. >:D

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-07 12:42:50

At 12/7/08 12:34 PM, HerpesHank wrote: Why is everyone voting Sk8rgirl14 for attention whore? What did she do?

She kinda campaigned.. a lot.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-07 12:59:20

These awards are a great idea - I've just voted for a few people just now.

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-07 13:14:40

At 12/7/08 01:04 PM, Twilight95 wrote: For some reason they stopped voting for MC, probably because she wants Best Artist. Anyway, I have 12 now, and you forgot RohanTheBarbarian.

That was posted a while ago, this is my current list:

MwMike: 9
RohanTheBarbarian: 10
Twilight95: 12
Morichax: 15

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-07 13:14:38

At 12/7/08 01:13 PM, shadowchaotailsevil3 wrote: To tell the truth I could care less how people at me.
The awards are just a way of saying look at me...I'm a total dick who knows nothing

So by your theory that would mean that you are a total dick who knows nothing because you just voted in them? I guess I'm never going to get you.

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-07 13:17:24

At 12/7/08 11:18 AM, Shaun wrote:
At 12/7/08 11:07 AM, Mendou wrote: Hey man, be nice.
Fuck you.
You wouldn't know good posting if it posted you in the fucking arse.
FUCK.

In all seriousness though, swearing makes santa mad.

Are you serious? I wouldn't classify this whoring myself out. I'm not jumping up and down freaking out trying to get people t pay attention to me. I write well structured posts and I fucking damn well give a piece of my mind. I signed up in '04 and have accumulated roughly 7500 posts, where as you've got a whopping 16k with a mere 2 year lead on me. What the fuck are you thinking calling me out on whoring myself out when the math shows My year to post ratio is roughly 1848 posts per year where as you've got a whopping 2718 posts per year. Who the fuck is whoring out now? You're just mad people are voting me for best poster. This is why.

¤´¨)

¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-07 13:20:47

I'm fucking surprised I got a vote for best poster, Ragnarokia is a hypocritical fag and there really needs to be a "best writer" award.

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-07 13:23:04

At 12/7/08 01:17 PM, RoobyKillAll wrote: <Post activity and attention whoring.>

Well, someone can easily whore for attention with a few dozen well-placed post, and someone can be practically wallpaper with 24k posts (no, no-one particualr in mind).

Since somone did nominate me for biggest attention whore, however, I assume most people see actually putting some effort towards your post, instead of just making some one-liner, and having more than 1,000 posts as attention whoting.

I don't take revenue from my profile.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature