00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

zooropa1980 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion

48,605 Views | 996 Replies

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-08 23:50:32

I remember how painbrainger had convinced everyone he had contracted HIV as a joke

or how heinousdude tramped around as a chick with an alt to get #1 in popularity.

actually, I remember the popularity stat, hah!

danmalo allowed folks to think he died of cancer

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic byTemplate88 ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-09 01:01:12

Condescending though I may be sometimes, what did I do to deserve the ire of so many folks around here?

I renounced "computer-partisanship" in late 2007, invalidating many arguments against me. I do nothing but make substantive posts, and even that grows less and less frequent. Jesus, I don't even vote in the yearly awards anymore, because I don't believe in what they stand for, and I recognize how superfluous and unnecessary they are.

I think what is going on in the voting booth is a serious proliferation of element number 29.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-09 01:03:11

At 12/9/08 01:01 AM, Bolo wrote:
I think what is going on in the voting booth is a serious proliferation of element number 29.

quoth the raven, "404". :(

Tsukino Usagi of the NG /a/ {Sig by cast}

A ninja may be fast, but my dick is faster.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-09 01:07:38

At 12/9/08 01:03 AM, JadeTheAssassin wrote:
At 12/9/08 01:01 AM, Bolo wrote:
quoth the raven, "404". :(

Better, now.
The backspace key moves ever closer to my fingertips.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-09 01:10:01

At 12/9/08 01:07 AM, Bolo wrote:
Better, now. The backspace key moves ever closer to my fingertips.

And now i must tend to agree with what you were saying before.

Tsukino Usagi of the NG /a/ {Sig by cast}

A ninja may be fast, but my dick is faster.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-09 01:40:24

Lol, lots of Attention Whore votes.

Meh, i'll take what i can get.

Best of luck to ya!

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-09 01:50:33

At 12/9/08 01:37 AM, Michael wrote: ................................Was it really that fun to make ~125 jokes that only 100 people will see and 1 person will read?

If you're talking about the Periodic Table, I can say with absolute certainty that it was not fun to make. It was tedious and dull. But like all things that must be said, it is my moral responsibility as a contributor and social commentator to say them. The monotony of existence here wears thin the spirit after a few long years, and encourages the growth of the inevitable jadedness within. In short, the ends tended to justify the means in that case, despite the lengthy consumption of time.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-09 01:55:43

At 12/9/08 01:50 AM, Bolo wrote:
If you're talking about the Periodic Table, I can say with absolute certainty that it was not fun to make. It was tedious and dull. But like all things that must be said, it is my moral responsibility as a contributor and social commentator to say them. The monotony of existence here wears thin the spirit after a few long years, and encourages the growth of the inevitable jadedness within. In short, the ends tended to justify the means in that case, despite the lengthy consumption of time.

In my experience, you make some pretty sweet shit, but it's overlooked so God damned often, it pisses me off sometimes.

i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i

oh no I am choking on a million dicks

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-09 02:07:51

I think my count now is

Funniest User-1
Most Underrated-2
Best Poster-3

Not enough to get nominated for anything, but I appreciate the positive noms. Thanks guys.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-09 03:25:06

one entire vote! my goodness! what an honor it would be if i were to win never logs off. oh lordy just thinking about it gives me tummy butterflies! my old man would be so proud! hhh

2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-09 03:35:44

At 12/8/08 06:06 PM, Timmy wrote:
dunno why anyone would to be known as an attention whore, but whatever...

i figure if people are already saying it, they'd damn well better vote me for it so i can win something too

"when i'm good, i'm good...but when i'm bad, i'm better."

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-09 06:52:33

PHEW...finally got some threads together.

OK guys, let's see if I can influence you to nominate me as Master Creator for 2008. Here are my top pick topics and why I think they are good, so please take a quick read at them.

Prisoners Dilemma. - I like this topic because it got people thinking. It's uncommon to see some well thought out replies, so I was glad at the responses I got. You need to ask yourself "Does a topic have to have thousands of views and responses to be a good topic?"

Thank You. - My 2,000th post, and an acknowledgement to the patient and intelligent sector of the BBS.

Speaking passionately about NG. - A challenge I devised for people to come forward and show their enthusiasm (or not o_O) towards Newgrounds, with some good replies.

There is a man who wanders our halls... - Not all my topics are serious or uptight. This is one of the first University experiences I ever had. You'll laugh at how bizarre it is, but you may also feel some sympathy.

Glory hole? - I feel that some of the best topics are those that draw from real life experiences. Not everyone will see what you will see, do what you do, feel what you feel. So by all means, if you find something weird like this and think it'll make people chortle, take a photo of it and share it with us! :D

Your plans for the future. - Another "serious" topic, asking people to lay bare their life plan, which achieved some success, I reckon.

I helped an old lady across the road - And now I'm a Christian.

What would life be like with you? - Pretty popular topic, I'm sure it had went on for 4 pages...ah well. Some of you guys sound like you'd be pretty fun to hang out with. :)

Black-Ops: on NG since 2006 - Don't let the name fool you, it's not a stat thread (;D). But rather, a discussion about the use of Est'd, and how it has become overused by businesses and people who believe their 6 year business/2 year campaign of twattery is of significant value. Great discussion and replies, I'm very happy with it.

This is probably the last good thread I've made, for now. ;)

You must remember that it is not the topic poster that makes the thread great or bad: it is down to the people who post in it.

I wish everyone competing the best of luck.

///THREE///TWO///ONE///ZERO///

The Chemical Brothers Vs. The Beastie Boys - Intergalactic Dust We Trust

Sig of win courtesy of InsertFunnyUserName.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-09 07:04:31

Wait.. So Twilight95 is an alt?

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-09 07:06:27

I seem to be collecting a lot of nominations for Worst Mod.

I wonder if it's because I'm actually a bad mod or just because loads of noobs are butthurt that I banned them.

BBS Mod, PM me if you have something to report.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-09 07:07:48

Gagsy "never logs off"?

Moar liek "never logs on MSN"

>:(

I don't take revenue from my profile.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-09 07:11:28

At 12/9/08 07:07 AM, JohnnyWang wrote: Gagsy "never logs off"?

Moar liek "never logs on MSN"

>:(

OH MY GOD

There are you happy?! >=O

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-09 07:15:09

At 12/9/08 07:07 AM, JohnnyWang wrote: Gagsy "never logs off"?

Meh, perhaps her name should be switched around with mine. It may be more fitting.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-09 07:18:00

At least Rag and Sawdust appreciate the life I bring to the BBS.

That's what people call me, you know.

Kuro - Lifebringer.

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-09 07:24:02

At 12/9/08 07:15 AM, Statwhore wrote:
Meh, perhaps her name should be switched around with mine. It may be more fitting.

My b/p rate has gone to pieces recently. Name is more suited for Corky still >;(

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-09 07:24:44

At 12/9/08 07:06 AM, Dry-Ice wrote: I seem to be collecting a lot of nominations for Worst Mod.

I wonder if it's because I'm actually a bad mod or just because loads of noobs are butthurt that I banned them.

Must be butthurt.
I don't think you're a bad Mod at all :)

Same with BBM. All he's ever done is help me.

My Art Thread! || Flash Reg Lounge! || CTSG Collab! :'( //

"And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun, for the people who are still alive..."

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-09 07:26:42

At 12/9/08 07:24 AM, Gagsy wrote:
At 12/9/08 07:15 AM, Statwhore wrote:
My b/p rate has gone to pieces recently. Name is more suited for Corky still >;(

How the fuck dare you ever compare my name to the greatness of his. I will never compare ever. Even though I do admit that his review, post, and B/P rate together is around more than anyone else on the sight. Too bad Statwhore isn't a section of the BBS awards.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-09 07:50:51

At 12/9/08 07:26 AM, Statwhore wrote:
How the fuck dare you ever compare my name to the greatness of his. I will never compare ever. Even though I do admit that his review, post, and B/P rate together is around more than anyone else on the sight. Too bad Statwhore isn't a section of the BBS awards.

Stat whores are more discouraged.

Lol, me vs Corky on compare via NG Log.

Total Stats: Me: 50224 Corky: 35846

Good bless posting.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-09 08:06:03

At 12/9/08 07:50 AM, Gagsy wrote:
Stat whores are more discouraged.

Lol, me vs Corky on compare via NG Log.

Total Stats: Me: 50224 Corky: 35846

Good bless posting.

Hmm, does seem that you are winning the battle as of now.

Gagsy has more Experience, Voting Power, Saves, Posts, and Total Stats.

Corky52 has more B/P Points, Blams, Flash Reviews, Audio Reviews.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-09 08:16:07

I was going to vote Sk8er girl for Biggest Attention Whore of '08, but then a while back I saw Josh's Stickam... and I had to rethink my decision.

Was I the only one? Or did someone else do the exact same thing?

rjhreilly@hotmail.com

STEAM: _frizzyskernip_

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-09 08:20:12

At 12/9/08 08:06 AM, Statwhore wrote:
Hmm, does seem that you are winning the battle as of now.

Gagsy has more Experience, Voting Power, Saves, Posts, and Total Stats.

Corky52 has more B/P Points, Blams, Flash Reviews, Audio Reviews.

I'll never catch up on reviews I think. How you got that many is beyond me =P And as you know my b/p get! seems to be well over with now. It was fun while it lasted but I don't have quite the same time and patience for it.

At 12/9/08 08:16 AM, Doom-Fan wrote: I was going to vote Sk8er girl for Biggest Attention Whore of '08, but then a while back I saw Josh's Stickam... and I had to rethink my decision.

Was I the only one? Or did someone else do the exact same thing?

It was always Josh for me. I think anyone who visited the Stickam thing that evening should have no doubt about it, it was terribly whorish, and I don't think Burnzoid could complete with that level of whoring out. He makes sex threads, that's about it. Josh, was rubbing chocolate onto his body and then slapping his ass and stuff. Big difference in whorism. Also, why sk8ergirl?

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-09 08:27:59

At 12/9/08 08:20 AM, Gagsy wrote:
I'll never catch up on reviews I think. How you got that many is beyond me =P And as you know my b/p get! seems to be well over with now. It was fun while it lasted but I don't have quite the same time and patience for it.

Hmm, excuse me, but you worded yourself wrong here. You mean, How "he" gets that many is beyond me. We are not the same person. >:( I don't know how he gets that many reviews either. Something like doing a couple every so often in between study breaks or something like that. The whole B/P thing though will eventually die out for him too I'm sure.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-09 08:31:39

If Afro_Stud doesn't get the Never Logs Off award, you're all queer.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-09 08:36:13

At 12/9/08 08:27 AM, Statwhore wrote:
Hmm, excuse me, but you worded yourself wrong here. You mean, How "he" gets that many is beyond me. We are not the same person. >:( I don't know how he gets that many reviews either. Something like doing a couple every so often in between study breaks or something like that. The whole B/P thing though will eventually die out for him too I'm sure.

Oh OH, my bad, sowwwwwy.

Yeah I've no idea how 'HE' gets that many reviews, it's insane to me, but then I suppose once you make them often, you just get into a habit of knowing what to put just obviously different for each flash D= I probably would have an easier time doing audio reviews. If I lose my posting streak again I may give them a go. We'll see I guess.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-09 08:53:17

I got no mentions on page 5 :(

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-09 08:57:36

At 12/9/08 08:31 AM, simon wrote: If Afro_Stud doesn't get the Never Logs Off award, you're all queer.

He doesn't post.
These are BBS awards.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature