00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MiyuTheSceneGirl just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Female Animator Appreciation Club

30,848 Views | 539 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-06 05:18:02

At 2/6/04 05:12 AM, TheNGArmy wrote: VANESSA

Here's a good one that just came through the Portal. Check it out.

My bad, i was signed into the wrong accout. Another great Ghost Motel by Violet and ~X~. Keep em coming.

I hope Versucha is still on top of her flash work. I know how easily you can get sidetracked into other projects.

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-06 19:32:43

I fully support the FAAC. Then again, I support all animation, thats not crappy

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-06 22:55:43

At 2/6/04 05:18 AM, paulz_69 wrote: I hope Versucha is still on top of her flash work. I know how easily you can get sidetracked into other projects.

yea, yea. lol. I'm actually partially stuck trying to figure out how to best represent the heart of the story cinematically. It's....... complicated.

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-06 23:17:13

At 2/6/04 10:55 PM, Versucha wrote:
At 2/6/04 05:18 AM, paulz_69 wrote: I hope Versucha is still on top of her flash work. I know how easily you can get sidetracked into other projects.
yea, yea. lol. I'm actually partially stuck trying to figure out how to best represent the heart of the story cinematically. It's....... complicated.

Complicated... usually means one of two .. no three things... it's either confusing, really good, or both. I'm going to say door #2, although I'll take door #3 as acceptable. :-) good luck!

It's been a while... I play somewhere else now.

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-07 12:30:09

At 2/6/04 11:17 PM, Atomicus wrote: I'm going to say door #2, although I'll take door #3 as acceptable. :-) good luck!

haha. thanks. I hope you're right. I think this movie is more just a way for me to really see through a project to it's end, and maybe get myself a little better known. I think I'm going to try different art styles in the future, but Mind of a Lover will have to stick with this one.

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-09 19:02:33

woops... 3rd page, not good

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-09 20:39:20

At 2/9/04 07:02 PM, Versucha wrote: woops... 3rd page, not good

OMG that's so my fault. I could've responded... but.... but... Oh I'll just say it I SUCK! Or maybe I'm just lazy. One or the other.

It's been a while... I play somewhere else now.

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-09 21:16:50

I support this movement 100%. If I can help in any way (within my personal ability) please let me know.

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-09 23:44:20

I am behind this 100 percent! Granted my gender is heavily influencing my support, being female myself. Anyways, you have my support and I'll do what I can to attract more females to NG.

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-10 20:52:01

good tosee this club is getting more support. Thanks.

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-10 23:36:55

I don't suppose you all remember that idiot who joined at page 4 became the president and then left on a 10-day-non-interet-vacation to LA? Well that guy was me, it's nice to be back ;)

Anything new?

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-11 00:44:10

At 2/10/04 11:36 PM, RavenGage wrote: I don't suppose you all remember that idiot who joined at page 4 became the president and then left on a 10-day-non-interet-vacation to LA? Well that guy was me, it's nice to be back ;)

Anything new?

We got a few new ppl droppin in. Hopefully they'll be sticking around. Did you have fun in LA?

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-11 01:29:29

So are there any good "FAAC-approved" flash's I should be checking out? Any endorsements?

Yeah, I was going to post something stupid but then had a change of heart.

The one thing force produces is resistance.

BBS Signature

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-11 13:20:27

At 2/11/04 12:44 AM, paulz_69 wrote: We got a few new ppl droppin in. Hopefully they'll be sticking around. Did you have fun in LA?

Yeah, at first I mistaked Vesucha for a new member cuz of the new sig. What's it suppose to be? A man dropping down the hill looking at a tree with a vheese moon in the backgrounf? ;)

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-11 20:14:10

At 2/11/04 01:20 PM, RavenGage wrote: Yeah, at first I mistaked Vesucha for a new member cuz of the new sig. What's it suppose to be? A man dropping down the hill looking at a tree with a vheese moon in the backgrounf? ;)

haha. actually, it's a sig i made out of a screenshot from one of the neo-zero movies (Middle of Nowhere: Trial 1.54). It's Carlo falling out of a tree. Available for download on the Neo-Zero site.

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-11 20:18:41

there, i changed it, now it's one of my favorites (another i made), not available for download.

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-14 05:06:47

At 2/11/04 08:18 PM, Versucha wrote: there, i changed it, now it's one of my favorites (another i made), not available for download.

What movie is this sig from? I just checked out the Neo-Zero site (a bit more extensively) than before. I though 1.54 rock, i even liked the contrast in artwork.

We should on an FAAC note make some kinda list of flash made by female artist so that we can make ppl aware specifically which fem artists to look for when new stuff comes out of the Portal. Right now i could only name you and Violet.

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-14 09:56:39

At 2/14/04 05:06 AM, paulz_69 wrote: What movie is this sig from?

it's from the animatrix (the 2nd renossance part 1). I love those. "I simply did not want to die" is what the domestic robot b166er said at his trial after killing his masters. He was soon executed and that was essentially the beginning of the machine-human struggle.

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-15 21:51:38

At 2/14/04 09:56 AM, Versucha wrote: a sig

How many sigs do u have?

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-16 02:40:25

Grof Episode 5

Here's another fem animation that came through the Portal a couple days ago. I'm starting to like this series and i think we should leave some reviews for the author.

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-16 18:20:05

At 2/14/04 05:06 AM, paulz_69 wrote:
We should on an FAAC note make some kinda list of flash made by female artist so that we can make ppl aware specifically which fem artists to look for when new stuff comes out of the Portal. Right now i could only name you and Violet.

That's a good idea. I'm gonna start looking for some whenever I have free time. Yesterday I saw that Nef made another movie.

BTW, today is my birthday! I'm 19 now. Just thought I'd let you guys know.

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-17 00:45:29

At 2/16/04 06:20 PM, NXXcdo wrote: BTW, today is my birthday! I'm 19 now. Just thought I'd let you guys know.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! (sorry i'm late)

o, and as for how many sigs i have, i'm always adding more and more, but for now...

(i'm freakishly organized w/ comp files. the folder naming is as follows: "person_sig_is_for.title_for_sig". for example "me.machinekill" is the one i have set right now. the sigs in the dnldsigs folder are labelled according to the neo-zero downloads key. ##_##_##_##. I wont get into that for your sake.)

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-17 06:38:14

At 2/16/04 06:20 PM, NXXcdo wrote:
BTW, today is my birthday! I'm 19 now. Just thought I'd let you guys know.

Congrats on turning 19, 11 more to 30. That movie you linked was great.

At 2/17/04 12:45 AM, Versucha wrote: i'm freakishly organized

Yes, that was a mighty list if that was where all your sigs go.

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-19 04:56:03

At 2/16/04 02:40 AM, paulz_69 wrote: Grof Episode 5

Here's another fem animation that came through the Portal a couple days ago. I'm starting to like this series and i think we should leave some reviews for the author.

Thanks for the link paul. I saw the movie and reviewed, also asked her if she wanted to join us. We need more female animators for when we make our FAAC collab flash, right? Well, after Versucha gets finished with her Mind of a Lover and if we can find maybe a few other gals, we can get started. I'd like there to be maybe 5 females in this collab (the more the better). How does that sound people?

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-19 11:37:01

At 2/19/04 04:56 AM, Violet-AIM wrote: How does that sound people?

5 sounds pretty good. Sorry Mind of a Lover isn't out yet. I ran into that block (which I'm pretty sure I'm done with) but then got a lot of school shit piled on top of me. I was planning on doing a lot this vacation, but doesn't look like that'll happen. But I'm working on it.

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-19 17:24:39

At 2/19/04 11:37 AM, Versucha wrote:
At 2/19/04 04:56 AM, Violet-AIM wrote: How does that sound people?
5 sounds pretty good. Sorry Mind of a Lover isn't out yet. I ran into that block (which I'm pretty sure I'm done with) but then got a lot of school shit piled on top of me. I was planning on doing a lot this vacation, but doesn't look like that'll happen. But I'm working on it.

Well, I'm not really in a rush myself to start on the FAAC project either, I'm in the middle of 2 flash projects right now. Sometimes it is hard to just sit down and get work done in flash with so many of life's distractions. But in the meantime, we can try to find at least 3 other female animators who would be interested in working with us in the future. Then, after that, just start thinking of ideas. I asked a couple female animators last night, we'll see if they respond back or not.

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-19 17:38:02

At 2/19/04 05:24 PM, Violet-AIM wrote: I asked a couple female animators last night, we'll see if they respond back or not.

Look at you being the responsible one :p

I'm glad to so your out on a meet and greet with other fem animators. No need for anyone to rush their current projects though, the guys here will keep the light on here in the thread till the ladies start coming in. I'll be glad to see some collab work coming out of this club someday and since "we have built it" i believe the female animators "will come".

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-20 14:23:24

o_o.... omghi, I'm new. So about this collaboration, what'll it be like? And would you just one person writes, another animations, etc. etc.?

Do any of you watch anime?

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-20 22:48:03

At 2/20/04 02:23 PM, BakaEmpress wrote: o_o.... omghi, I'm new. So about this collaboration, what'll it be like? And would you just one person writes, another animations, etc. etc.?

Cool you came, i'm not sure as to the specifics of the collab as of yet because Violet and Versucha are finishing up their current projects. I'm sure you all can come up with a plot and take turns animating or animate certain spots or something.

Do any of you watch anime?

Yeah, they certainly beat watching american cartoons. Animation with an ongoing plot, you gotta love it.

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-20 22:58:29

At 2/6/04 05:12 AM, Dragon_Lock wrote: VANESSA

Here's a good one that just came through the Portal. Check it out.

Yea that was a good one.