00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Cubi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Female Animator Appreciation Club

30,928 Views | 539 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-01-27 18:03:35

At 1/27/04 05:46 PM, Versucha wrote: hehe, i do that too. Bet i don't get as many hits as you do though

I only get hits when I'm around for a while. Otherwise, it would seem people mostly forget about me.

ah yes, in the endless moving background tech thread.

You know, I had a hard time believing that was real. I guess people have no initiative to learn.

aw shucks. thanks. it's my baby. Really means a lot to me when people compliment it.

I especially like the way the movies are handled. All very nice clean stuff.

"A witty quote proves nothing."

~Voltaire

BBS Signature

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-01-27 22:33:06

At 1/27/04 05:46 PM, Versucha wrote:
At 1/27/04 05:36 PM, TheShrike wrote: I run bbs searches on my name to see who is talking to me or about me.
hehe, i do that too. Bet i don't get as many hits as you do though

I bet u that if I did that I'll get between 0 and 5 hits .... if I'm lucky.

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-01-28 03:15:59

hey, maybe we should start brainstorming the collab. Anybody got any ideas?

Just as working methods go... i think we should brainstorm together about the basic story or whatever, then assign people to jobs (ie -- writing, storyboards, design, backround illustration, animation, etc), and everytime we hit a benchmark (such as finishing an assignment, or maybe timed update periods) we check back in to give a status report, and maybe check things with other people.

Just my thoughts

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-01-28 22:23:54

At 1/28/04 03:15 AM, Versucha wrote: Just my thoughts

Sure thing. But shouldn't we wait until u and Violet finish ur current projects?

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-01-28 23:15:48

At 1/28/04 10:23 PM, RavenGage wrote: Sure thing. But shouldn't we wait until u and Violet finish ur current projects?

yea, i guess. i just thought some brainstorming wouldn't hurt. Buyt i suppose since we're busy right now it should get put on hold some more.

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-01-28 23:47:09

At 1/28/04 11:15 PM, Versucha wrote: yea, i guess. i just thought some brainstorming wouldn't hurt. Buyt i suppose since we're busy right now it should get put on hold some more.

How's mind of a Lover coming?

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-01-29 01:03:58

At 1/28/04 11:47 PM, RavenGage wrote: How's mind of a Lover coming?

very well considering my history of dropping projects. I am a bit dissapointed with how some of my artistic abilities are turning out (mostly w/ illustration), but i suppose that's not really for me to judge. Our toughest critics are always those who have no right to even think harshly upon us, ourselves. wow, that sounded all zen-like... or not.

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-01-29 16:21:44

how do you sign up for a club like this because i'm realy curious about whut girls can do with flash and a big supporter

Greetz

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-01-29 18:47:17

I just finished Ghost Motel 7 and released it to NG

Here's the link
Ghost Motel 7
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=147865

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-01-29 19:15:17

At 1/29/04 04:21 PM, K1ngK0ng wrote: how do you sign up for a club like this because i'm realy curious about whut girls can do with flash and a big supporter

cool. all you really have to do is what you just did, post in the thread exspressing your interest. No entry exam or fee or anything. You're in.

At 1/29/04 06:47 PM, Violet-AIM wrote: I just finished Ghost Motel 7 and released it to NG

nice job. i really liked it.

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-01-30 00:43:35

At 1/28/04 10:23 PM, RavenGage wrote:
At 1/28/04 03:15 AM, Versucha wrote: Just my thoughts
Sure thing. But shouldn't we wait until u and Violet finish ur current projects?

Well, the major project I was working on is done. First, we need a main story idea for this FAAC collab. Like what it's going to be about. Hmmm...... anyone?

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-01-30 17:21:05

Heloo everyone. How are u all today?

1) That was a nice movie Violet, good job.

2) Versucha - good luck with MoaL (Mind of a Lover)

3) The collab - how about a tribute to start with. It's the first time u guys work together, so might as wall start with something small. I'dreally like to see a nice Kingdom Hearts tribute. But that's just me.

4) I won't be able to post much, problably not at all for the next 10 days cuz I'll be leaving on a vacation to LA. So I just wnated to say buy before I left.

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-01-30 17:40:54

At 1/27/04 01:10 PM, Versucha wrote:
I just send death an e-mail, couldn't think of anything at the moment, so I wrote some stupid quastions that have nothing to do with each other ..... meh.
valexy?

??? That's my dad's email!? Mine's Ravengage_ch7@yahoo.ca

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-01-30 19:03:46

At 1/30/04 05:40 PM, RavenGage wrote:
At 1/27/04 01:10 PM, Versucha wrote: valexy?
??? That's my dad's email!? Mine's Ravengage_ch7@yahoo.ca

"Hey death. Do u have a mom? Cuz I saw this show - Family Guy, and u were in it (god ur ugly). Anyways, ur mom was bossing u around in the show, and i wanted to know if she does that in real life, or whatever ur life is called. One more thing, can u kill George Bush? I don't like him, he's annoying."

From valexy. When I put it on the site do you want me to say it's from Ravengage?

btw, like ur sig. And have fun in LA.

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-01-30 19:17:15

I haven't really posted here in a long while, but I figured that I should stop by and say something and see if I am still in the club. I would be glad to help out in any way that I can, even though my voting power is only 5.99

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-01-30 21:22:23

At 1/30/04 07:17 PM, AncientArmour wrote: I haven't really posted here in a long while, but I figured that I should stop by and say something and see if I am still in the club. I would be glad to help out in any way that I can, even though my voting power is only 5.99

it's not like we're gonna kick you out. my voting power is only 6.04

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-01-30 22:06:29

All right, cool. At least I know that I am still a member. I haven't been on the Internet in a LONG time, so I haven't had time to keep my account up. Now that I am back, though, I will be getting back up there in no time.

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-01-31 16:09:17

hi u there NXXcdo

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-01-31 16:23:20

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been at the hospital for the past few days. My neice has been really sick, but she's getting better.

I just finished Ghost Motel 7

Cool, I'm going to check that out right after I post.

At least I know that I am still a member.

The only way you aren't a member is if you don't want to be, or if you think the club died and abandon it. *kicks self really hard in the ass"

hi u there NXXcdo

I'm here. Welcome to our club.

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-01-31 19:38:57

At 1/31/04 04:23 PM, NXXcdo wrote: Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been at the hospital for the past few days. My neice has been really sick, but she's getting better.

ouch. Sorry to hear that. Having family members in the hospital sucks, but good to hear she's getting better.

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-01 00:19:35

Well, if you guys give me a list of some movies that you would like to be voted on, I could go and lend my VP in that way to get my membership off to a good start.

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-01 04:13:42

At 10/6/03 12:45 AM, NXXcdo wrote: In light of Tom's post on the front page, I'd like to try to form a club to try to encourage the girls to make more movies. I don't really have any ideas on how to do that, but I'm hoping we can all pool our thoughts and come up with something. Anybody have a suggestion?

I will totally support your club, in fact, I'll join!

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-01 13:28:29

Soooo....since hardly anyone posts in here...is there anyone who would be willing to give me a list of movies that I should go vote on? I have a lot of time to kill, and I have nothing to do. It would be much appreciated.

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-01 23:27:17

you could vote on my movies and on violet's. I'd rather you not just vote 5 on mine, just vote fairly. I really didnt have much to do with the production of them anyway.

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-02 00:41:28

I was just thinking, and getting annoyed. Does it bother anybody else that the top 50 movies/Games of all time change drastically each week?

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-02 00:59:07

I can give a go at making some movies, but I aint too good. I could use some help.

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-02 22:41:53

At 2/2/04 12:41 AM, Versucha wrote: I was just thinking, and getting annoyed. Does it bother anybody else that the top 50 movies/Games of all time change drastically each week?

I didn't think they changed that drastically, though every time a new high score movie comes out, it usually does take its place right up there. But I think it's a good thing that it changes, so that it can give other people a chance to be in the limelight.

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-02 22:46:05

At 2/1/04 01:28 PM, AncientX wrote: Soooo....since hardly anyone posts in here...is there anyone who would be willing to give me a list of movies that I should go vote on? I have a lot of time to kill, and I have nothing to do. It would be much appreciated.

Well, if you haven't already, you can check out the top 50 and see the "greatest" current flash movies on NG. Or you can check out either mine or Versucha's movies. Just look in our profiles and you'll see the list.

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-02 22:48:34

At 2/2/04 12:59 AM, inchezdagreat wrote: I can give a go at making some movies, but I aint too good. I could use some help.

Okay, we'll try to help. Is there any specific question that you want to ask us?

Response to Female Animator Appreciation Club 2004-02-06 05:12:35

VANESSA

Here's a good one that just came through the Portal. Check it out.