00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chineeztac0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

music makers (or whatever)

1,368 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

music makers (or whatever) 2006-05-09 21:49:19

what is the most commonly used program to make music?

Response to music makers (or whatever) 2006-05-09 21:55:38

Check the audio sticky for a bunch of programmes you can use, along with other audio info.

The most commonly used though, is Fruity Loops.

Response to music makers (or whatever) 2006-05-09 22:12:29

Reason is cost effective, but you need a strong computer, a lot of musicians rave this brand because it's ability lasts for years.
Fruity Loops also cost effective, the cousin of Reason.

And of course, my personal favorite, Magix Music Maker also requires a memory high computer, but it's a sample based program, which means you can get extremely technical with the very symbols of your synth/samples.

And in the aforementions sticky, you'll find the Studios and Editors topic, with extensive discussion of the programs themselves.

Free software:
Audacity is a sample based program, great for getting experience and orientation.
Acid Xpress is the cousin of Audacity.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to music makers (or whatever) 2006-05-09 22:30:49

Probably FL

Book of Anima 22:32 " Do not profane my awesome name. I must be acknowledged as awesome by the Newgrounders. I am the LORD of music, who makes you awesome."

BBS Signature

Response to music makers (or whatever) 2006-05-09 23:12:57

At 5/9/06 10:12 PM, Erkie wrote: Fruity Loops also cost effective, the cousin of Reason.

I'd say that Fruity Loops is probably Reasons best friend. The submissive one that always does what he is told.

Free software:
Audacity is a sample based program, great for getting experience and orientation.
Acid Xpress is the cousin of Audacity.

I'm more inclined to say that Acid Xpress is the little brother of Acid and boyfriend of Audacity.

Response to music makers (or whatever) 2006-05-09 23:18:53

Ya know, Reason used to be really cpu friendly, until they added the combinator. Not that I regret that they did or anything, but it's a shame that the computer you need to run it needs to be more powerful than it once needed to be.

Nonetheless, my laptop which has only 512 ram, and an AMD Athlon XP 2800+ Processor can run Reason fine.

BBS Signature

Response to music makers (or whatever) 2006-05-10 11:34:23

FL is more widely used, though I must comment on the fact that you'll be making good tracks faster with reason, as FL requires a lot of VST and sample downloads to make it truely formidable.