00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Pawnwolf just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Voice Acting Club

666,743 Views | 12,685 Replies

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-06 22:54:19

let me add to my specs

specialties:Random pschopathic people, americans (im english), announcers, that film guy with the deep voice that does the movie ads in da cinema(sooooooooooo specific),funny voices,strange etc

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-06 22:59:47

Hey Im doing an animation like salad fingers kind of. I need a good voice..i dont need words i need it too sound like your lips are sown shut. Thanks

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-06 23:04:00

ill do that, but how long is it, where should i send it, and does it suposed too sound like summthin like, mmnm mn mnk(let me speek)lololol or is it random things mumbled, hubert cumberdale

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-06 23:54:36

i will mostly work in comedys, when will my acount be added to the roster

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-07 01:11:20

It won't. At least, not immediately.

Okay, here's the deal folks, after looking at the roster list I noticed something very important that was missing in about 75% of the profiles: VOICE SAMPLES. Now, I may be going out on a limb here, but I think when flash producers are looking through a roster of voice actors, looking for a voice actor for their magnificiently animated flash (or maybe not so, I dunno. it takes all kinds): what they really want is to have a LISTEN to people's voices and from there decide if that voice is suitable for their use.

Admittedly, that is a best case scenario and not every producer has the time nor inclination to listen to every voice sampler out there. But it helps, and is much more helpful than SAYING what you can do, because it actually SHOWS what you can do, and that your supposed age range/specialities aren't some blowhard aspirations of a 13 year old who thinks they can do Bugs Bunny, George Bush, the entire cast of The Simpsons and a Scottish leprechaun suffering from an identity-disorder.

So practically, what does this mean? It means get a bloody sampler and upload it somewhere where people can get it, or I ain't adding yew. In fact, I'm going to start deleting people currently on the roster who don't have a sampler! Starting right NOW!

.... Okay, just kidding. I won't do it right now. But the culling WILL start in April. Until then, I'm only going to add profiles that have a sample link that has the voice of the profile maker. So for those of you currently on the roster, get me a link to your sampler ASAP. Same goes for those of you who want to get added to the roster.

Just so that people don't get the wrong idea and that I'm setting these rules to be mean and spiteful..... Well, I am mean and spiteful, but.... The points for the sampler requirement ARE:

(1) It shows that you're capable of doing the voices (or a close facsimile) that you mentioned under the "Age Range" and "Specialities" section of the profile. It'll also show the cleanliness of your sampling rate, how good you are at eliminating background and mouth noises, and also your proficiency at mixing audio (well, the last one is a bonus, really).

(2) It shows that you actually HAVE ready access to a microphone, know how to record, and know how to upload lines somewhere. I don't think producers would want to work with somebody who "Might, maybe have a microphone somewhere.... Probably have to borrow one from someone out of town.... Maybe I can record if somebody shows me how.... Does anybody know how to get the popping and breathing sounds out from my voice?". It's not TOO much to ask that members of a VOICE ACTING CLUB know how to and have the tools to record their voice, is it? :-\

(3) It'll set a STANDARD for the roster and mean that not every Tom, Dick and Harry (or Tommette, Dickette and Harryette) can just waltz into the thread, leave their profile and expect their name to be added to the list. Just a little bit of extra effort on everyone's parts means less work for me to update (cause it'll scare off the aforementioned TD&Hs just leaving a profile) and it'll make it look more sparklingly professional.

Anyway, that's my stance on it, and I'm sticking to it. I'm sorry if it sounds mean and spiteful to some, but I think just this small, REASONABLE restriction to being entered into the roster would help stem this influx of people (who want to join for purposes possibly not related to voice acting) and make the roster more RELEVANT to voice acting. That's all I'm saying.

So! End of April! Get me a link to a sample of your voice! Or you's get deleted/not added.

And now..... *ahem* "A POX ON YOUR FLESH, AMPHIBIOUS CREATURE! I'LL NOT BE OUTDONE YET!" ..... Is that all right, Frogs? O.o

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-07 01:13:40

Question about the age range thing ^^; What if we just couldn't find any good characters to do on our demo that are in the age range we specified?

NG's Voice Actress! [ Resume | Voice Demo | Twitter ]

Formerly credited as Kagome; currently credited as Rina-chan.

Rescue me in Castle Crashers (I voice the princesses!)

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-07 01:40:15

At 3/7/05 01:13 AM, KagomeHigurashi wrote: Question about the age range thing ^^; What if we just couldn't find any good characters to do on our demo that are in the age range we specified?

In that case, don't mention that age and specify a range that's more fitting for your samplers.... Or, say it only if you're absolutely sure you can do it even though it's not part of the sampler. It'd probably help to put an example up, anyway. Remember, a sample is supposed to be something that's designed to show off the widest range of voices your vocal spectrum allows! So having a voice in there of being an old fart would help. This brings up a good point, actually: Don't say you can do a 300 year old when you CAN'T, people! How do you know what a 300 year old sounds like, anyway???

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-07 01:46:15

Damnit! That's the second time this has happened! Oh well:

NEWGROUNDS' VOICE ACTING CLUB ROSTER!!!

There really should be a "YOUR POST IS THE LATEST POST ON TOP OF THE NEWEST PAGE. WOULD YOU LIKE TO PROCEED: Y/N?" warning or something. O.o

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-07 02:33:12

I don't think you have to include every single age, character type, and accent that you list on your profile in your demo reel; the demo just lets the person know that you have the talent to back up what you claim in your profile. If your demo seems decent, and you claim you can do a great Scottish accent, but really can't, I don't know how that's going to help you in the long run; the producer is just gonna say 'well no, you sound more like someone from the Middle East with a bad cold. I guess I'll get someone else.'

I think Omahdon has the right idea about the demos; to modify a familiar saying, "Spoken words are louder (litteraly) than written words." Of course everyone is going to claim they can do characters from babies to century year old men/women, and that they can perform on cue every single dialect and accent known to man....but we need some kind of proof that you have the skills to back up your words. 463 people all claim they can do a great Sean Connery impression. Well don't you want to hear sample clips and figure out which one is the best?
The simple fact of the matter is that you need a way to stand out from everyone else, so you need something that will make you stand apart from the rest of the crowd, and just as you would in the professional world of voice acting, the way you're going to do that hear is with a sample of your talents. Nothing else to it, and nothing else getting past it.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-07 04:56:28

Haha, okay. ^^ Well I'll make a new demo one of these days.

Oh yeah, I had an interesting little duel today in a voice acting thread with a moron named LegendaryX (no offense to anyone here who is friends with him or works with him) and he was claiming that I could only do high pitched voices, so I decided to pull this random mp3 together:

http://www.geocities.com/akanechan04/LowVoices.mp3

THAT IS NOT A DEMO...Just a random thing I made in two minutes to prove that he was ignorant XD

NG's Voice Actress! [ Resume | Voice Demo | Twitter ]

Formerly credited as Kagome; currently credited as Rina-chan.

Rescue me in Castle Crashers (I voice the princesses!)

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-07 08:11:33

Ok sure thanks for the heads up; I'll try and get something hosted

Need a voice actor? Give me a call! I've got 13 years of experience and great vocal range.

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-07 09:39:01

ohshit!I don't know anyplace to submit my voice examples exept i can send them with e-mail or with msn but i don't know any other places :'-(

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-07 09:40:08

I used geocities for mine. Try there.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-07 11:21:53

At 3/7/05 09:40 AM, LazyKenny wrote: I used geocities for mine. Try there.

How does geocities and others work, do you have to pay for usage or something? Or is it completely free? I am using my brother's web space but if he no longer has that I want something to host all my stuff...something free.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-07 11:41:47

where can i put samplkes of my voice acting skills,because i will do that

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-07 11:48:53

Geocities is free.

twitter.com/DevenOClock

Casting director, semi-retired from online voice acting. Sorry folks! You can still hear me in TOME, Reincarnation, and Wonders of the Universe!

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-07 11:55:36

Ok, this needing a voice sample thing better not spark 954213749732 posts about where to host files. If you don't have anyone to host files, your internet service might provide web hosting but most people on here use www.geocities.com and it's free, I checked into it. You must have a yahoo account so sign up and USE GEOCITIES or GOOGLE FREE WEB HOSTING! Otherwise we'll have a huge thread about where to host stuff but this is a VA THREAD.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-07 12:07:52

Need a voice actor? Give me a call! I've got 13 years of experience and great vocal range.

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-07 13:16:02

could anyone try out my links to see if they worked? Thanks in advance

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-07 13:36:01

how dya put link to the music cos on pagebuilda it dnt wrk

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-07 13:52:16

cant i send the samples to ur email address so it would be easier

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-07 13:59:16

hey

thanks to all the peeps that offered to do the voices for the resident evil spoof, but i have now got all the v/a's i need

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-07 14:02:29

Yay! Oh, and I sent you my Jill lines.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-07 14:28:03

At 3/7/05 01:59 PM, moonhog wrote: hey

thanks to all the peeps that offered to do the voices for the resident evil spoof, but i have now got all the v/a's i need

Did you find someone to do Carlos or am I still doing that?

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-07 15:59:26

OK, because this thread is quickly getting off topic I am forced to do this:

If you have any questions about webhosting or vocal demos PLEASE CONTACT ME DIRECTLY!! I will answer any and all questions you have, just DON'T POST THEM HERE ANYMORE!!

AIM: Frogs RM
MSN/Email: frogsrm@PREVENTTHEHARVESTINGhotmail.com
(remove these in caps before adding/emailing^)

Shock_Dingo: you will want to encode your demo as an MP3 or WMA or something. This goes for everyone else seeking to use Geocities as well. They limit bandwidth and there's nothing worse than when an animator wants to hear your voice and can't get at the page. MP3 or WMA will allow 10 times as many DL's before you max out.

Omahdon: I applaude the idea of only allowing voice actors with demos on the roster. I see that most animators are skipping it altogether and just posting ads for VA's directly here. While that's all well and good, it devalues the hard work you put into the roster in the first place. BTW, when I said I wanted an arch-nemesis, I didn't mean put a hex on me. ***shakes fist*** Damn you's, damn you's to hell!!!
{Frogs casts Remedy *DING* pox cured, counters with fire spell...}

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-07 16:28:17

At 3/7/05 02:33 AM, Lucien wrote: I don't think you have to include every single age, character type, and accent that you list on your profile in your demo reel; the demo just lets the person know that you have the talent to back up what you claim in your profile.

Easy enough for you to say! DAMN kid, your demo is quite impressive. Someone with your wide dynamic range of diverse voices need not include all in your demo, fo' sheez... I esspecially am intrigued by your mic placement technique, very unconventional. But your results speak for themselves.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-07 18:01:58

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-07 18:08:59

JE-sus, you guys are all better than me! Lucian absolutely totally rocks, I find out now that Shock_Dingo rocks, you all are so awesome! Damn, it's people like you that make people like me want to give up. I may not be AS good at voice acting but I can do regular acting pretty well. I hope that makes up for my lack of VA talent.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-07 18:12:34

Thanks for the kind words man, I really appreciate it

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-03-07 20:21:53

At 3/7/05 04:56 AM, KagomeHigurashi wrote: http://www.geocities.com/akanechan04/LowVoices.mp3

I must admit that was pretty fucking awesome.

A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better.

BBS Signature