00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

extradoodley just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods

100,911 Views | 1,325 Replies

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-04-12 14:51:28

At 4/12/05 12:10 PM, Tom_s00 wrote:
#06 | _4165 : __109 : _24852 : _2322 :: _31448 : _1478 || EKRegulus (+1)
#07 | _5540 : __273 : _21274 : _4172 :: _31259 : __800 || -Mazza- (-1)
And congrats to Regulus, for over taking Mazza : )

Do I really need to be congratulated for gaining one position in a list? Thanks anyway.

At 4/12/05 12:19 PM, Bahamut7 wrote: You know, b/p, EXP, reviews and so on. I was wanting to know how well I've done during the week. I hope you understand that. :)

Oooooh, okay. it's clear now.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-04-12 15:41:15

At 4/12/05 02:53 AM, RedCircle wrote: Hey there! I've been sick

get well soon, Mikey! Thought I hadn't seen you around too much. Hope you're not too ill.

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-04-12 19:00:57

At 4/12/05 02:53 AM, RedCircle wrote: #09 | _3455 : __130 : _16626 : _3518 :: _23729 : __984 || Inuzuka-Kiba

Well, just short of 1,000 increase . Oh well, it's still pretty good, Thanks for the update. :)

Wi/Ht? #28

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-04-12 19:17:10

At 4/12/05 09:17 AM, EKRegulus wrote: ... because I didn't leave. Something else is keeping me here. What's my explanation? I think that i prefer the discussions going on in this section than in the politics section or the full of trash general forum. The fact that most retards post in the general forum instead of here also affects my decision.

I have to agree. The conversation here is better and the General Section rarely appeals to me unless there is a thread i find particular interest in. Though, i scout through it rarely anyway. And for the Politics section... i find it too slow for me and some what argumentive at times. I would rather not argue, i come on NG to relax, not start flame wars.

wooah, that's special, most wi/ht? posters didn't come here to help the other users in the first place but then some of them noticed that it was necessary or even amusing so many regular posters started to respond to confused users.

Ya, well, I was once helped in this forum, so i solely knew only that it was for helping people. When i first came to this section and began skimming through I had no idea there was any lists. Like I said before, i was starting new... so it was all very intriguing to me, but my initial visit was because somewhat helped me and i wanted to return the favour by helping someone else - if I could that is. : )

Ok, that would be the opposite of me but I guess that it's great to have some posters like you in this forum.

Well thanks i s'pose. No matter what reason everyone is here for, in the end, it benefits NG. I think and/or benefits the user in some way shape or form.

As for the EGRL, does anyone know what happened to dogma? He doesn't continue it and he didn't officialy post that the list would stop.

Han't a clue, sorry.

Time for some good old e-drama!!!! I'm leaving forever!

... no, wait, I'm not. :P

Heh, i almost cried, luckily i read that second - but delayed - part. *sniff*

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-04-17 16:48:49

I'll join. :P

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-04-17 17:08:30

At 4/17/05 04:48 PM, NorwayClock wrote: I'll join. :P

Elections are comming up, so if you win then your into the regulars, to in with a good chance just answer any questions you can, and try to get involved around the wi/ht.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-04-19 05:26:08

At 4/17/05 05:08 PM, Tom_s00 wrote:
At 4/17/05 04:48 PM, NorwayClock wrote: I'll join. :P
Elections are comming up, so if you win then your into the regulars, to in with a good chance just answer any questions you can, and try to get involved around the wi/ht.

I haven't really seen this user around for long (sorry if I'm sounding harsh), but one should spend a lot more time than 10 days before the next regular gets in. That's my opinion. I spent 3 months here and I feel I've earned it. But this stuff happens often and the best way to get through users asking to join is to directly post at them. I think this user was a little sarcastic anyway, if you noticed.

I'm just sad to be leaving here soon...

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-04-19 10:21:25

Well i'm interesting in joining if you will have me.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-04-19 10:31:27

At 4/19/05 05:26 AM, Alkador wrote: I'm just sad to be leaving here soon...

Leaving? how come?

At 4/19/05 10:21 AM, AnzRage wrote: Well i'm interesting in joining if you will have me.

Read my last post in this topic.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-04-19 10:55:02

At 4/12/05 07:17 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: I have to agree. The conversation here is better and the General Section rarely appeals to me unless there is a thread i find particular interest in.

They are indeed a few interesting topics into the general forum but it would be much better without the flamers, the retards and the troublemakers.

Though, i scout through it rarely anyway. And for the Politics section... i find it too slow for me and some what argumentive at times. I would rather not argue, i come on NG to relax, not start flame wars.

NG can surely be relaxing, it mostly depends on why you are here. If you come here to start some trouble, don't expect to relax :P

Han't a clue, sorry.

bah.

Heh, i almost cried, luckily i read that second - but delayed - part. *sniff*

I considered doing that (or at least partly leave) a few times but it looks like that I'm here to stay. woohoo!

At 4/19/05 10:31 AM, Tom_s00 wrote:
At 4/19/05 05:26 AM, Alkador wrote: I'm just sad to be leaving here soon...
Leaving? how come?

I think that he means that he will retired from the regulars' list because he's included into the members' list.

At 4/19/05 10:21 AM, AnzRage wrote: Well i'm interesting in joining if you will have me.

You will certainly be considered into the voting (or potential) list but you will need to be voted in. This is not a random club into the club and crews, it's more difficult to enter this list. Why? because the regulars must feel that you earned it.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-04-19 16:23:49

At 4/19/05 10:55 AM, EKRegulus wrote: They are indeed a few interesting topics into the general forum but it would be much better without the flamers, the retards and the troublemakers.

I agree 100%. Some people make it a pain to shuffle through threads, because most of it is crap and you can't find the ligit posts. Sure, some of the funny users (attention whores) get their little bits of fame and the newbies may relish in their comedic success... lol... I think we know who i mean (or at least a couple ppl come to mind), but what you really benefit from it, i am not sure.

NG can surely be relaxing, it mostly depends on why you are here. If you come here to start some trouble, don't expect to relax :P

This is true. I would rather relax than get worked up or get in a flame war... they seem pointless and usually start from anothers immaturity anyway.

I considered doing that (or at least partly leave) a few times but it looks like that I'm here to stay. woohoo!

I am glad to hear. I have thought of leaving NG again, but this time around I seem to keep coming back. : )

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-04-19 16:37:42

At 4/19/05 10:55 AM, EKRegulus wrote: I think that he means that he will retired from the regulars' list because he's included into the members' list.

Oh... of course, he has moved on to a better place.

At 4/19/05 10:55 AM, EKRegulus wrote: NG can surely be relaxing, it mostly depends on why you are here. If you come here to start some trouble, don't expect to relax :P

That is true and luckily for us most of these idiots hang out in the General forum.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-04-19 21:29:36

I never really took to looking through this whole thread, and I just noticed the whole member system you have set up for this forum. Can I ask, what is the point of trying to join? You can still post in Wi/Ht forums if your not a member, no? I missed the bus on this one.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-04-20 02:53:29

Wi/Ht Members are usually trying to be nice and helpful right? Then when they become mods don't a lot of them stop pretending to be nice people. I just be myself.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-04-20 10:35:35

At 4/19/05 09:29 PM, aruinousoulives wrote: I never really took to looking through this whole thread, and I just noticed the whole member system you have set up for this forum. Can I ask, what is the point of trying to join? You can still post in Wi/Ht forums if your not a member, no? I missed the bus on this one.

You are correct, you don't need to be a member or a regular to be allowed to post here, any one can and is more than welcome. It's just to give the most helpfull people a bit of a reward for their efforts, also it allows them to be listed and be compared the mods, etc. Think of it as a reward for you efforts, not so much a goal you want to achive...

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-04-21 22:52:11

At 4/20/05 02:53 AM, AnzRage wrote: Wi/Ht Members are usually trying to be nice and helpful right? Then when they become mods don't a lot of them stop pretending to be nice people. I just be myself.

Hint hint?

Anyway just out of curiosity, what really happens to retired regulars? Do they get kicked out? Its not like they're members or "regualr" anymore.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-04-21 23:12:56

At 4/19/05 10:55 AM, EKRegulus wrote:
At 4/12/05 07:17 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: I have to agree. The conversation here is better and the General Section rarely appeals to me unless there is a thread i find particular interest in.
They are indeed a few interesting topics into the general forum but it would be much better without the flamers, the retards and the troublemakers.

But there are some in there that are interesting though. I do post in some of them, but yeah, for the most part it's a quagmire.

But isn't it better to have all the flamers, retards, troublemakers, etc.... In the General Forums instead of here?

Though, i scout through it rarely anyway. And for the Politics section... i find it too slow for me and some what argumentive at times. I would rather not argue, i come on NG to relax, not start flame wars.

Naw, the Politics section for me is just out of the question. I can't even speak my mind in there without getting haggled by every idiot 13 year old who thinks he knows how the Political game is played.

But if it's relaxing, I'd have to say that the C&C for me is the most, then Wi/Ht? is the next one, even though the C&C gets repeat topics like....5-10 a day. I wish the minimum character search wasn't 3, PSP is a popular word, so it PS2. :/

At 4/20/05 02:53 AM, AnzRage wrote: Wi/Ht Members are usually trying to be nice and helpful right? Then when they become mods don't a lot of them stop pretending to be nice people. I just be myself.

Well, for some part, people do chance once they are modded, I've seen it happen to some, even though they don't want to admitit, and other mods saying mods don't change, but users do, which is false to an extent, and true to an extent. But speaking of, I haven't seen FIG drop by in the longest while now. :/

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-04-22 10:35:30

At 4/21/05 10:52 PM, Nike_Dunk wrote: Anyway just out of curiosity, what really happens to retired regulars? Do they get kicked out? Its not like they're members or "regualr" anymore.

They, go down on the list as retired, they are always able to come back and prove themselves regular enough to be re-elected, but to answer your question they aren't listed against the other regulars anymore.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-04-22 15:41:19

At 4/21/05 11:12 PM, Master_Inuyasha wrote: But isn't it better to have all the flamers, retards, troublemakers, etc.... In the General Forums instead of here?

I just wanted to note that you are absolutely right about that. It is just here (Wi/Ht? Section) really does not have too much of a 'general' place to talk, so conversations get spread around throughout the list topics and the LUL. It would be nice if there was a general forum for those were are not a pain and immature. : P

Naw, the Politics section for me is just out of the question. I can't even speak my mind in there without getting haggled by every idiot 13 year old who thinks he knows how the Political game is played.

Exactly! There are a lot of people there who seem to think they know it all but are obviously ill informed. And i find there are too many comments on Canada that i would find myself fighting, and like i said, i do not come to NG to fight. : )

But if it's relaxing, I'd have to say that the C&C for me is the most, then Wi/Ht? is the next one, even though the C&C gets repeat topics like....5-10 a day. I wish the minimum character search wasn't 3, PSP is a popular word, so it PS2. :/

I would agree, though i post minimally in the C&C section. Just two or three threads at most, mostly my thread.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-04-23 03:40:22

At 4/22/05 12:13 PM, -Myst- wrote: Hey dude, it's completely out of context, but is the girl on the right of your sig from the Hellsing serie? Celes Victoria?

Heh, you mean this one? Nope, that is not Victoria, it is indeed Inuyasha. You are the 5th person to think otherwise/it's a female. Funny thing is, the image is from a doujin, so he does have somewhat of a feminine touch to him. Not what you'd normaly see Inuyasha as.

(oh yeah, by the way this manga ROCK REAL HARD)

Indeed it did sir, indeed it did. :)

At 4/22/05 03:41 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: I just wanted to note that you are absolutely right about that. It is just here (Wi/Ht? Section) really does not have too much of a 'general' place to talk, so conversations get spread around throughout the list topics and the LUL. It would be nice if there was a general forum for those were are not a pain and immature. : P

Heh, thanks. :D But at times it does. And yes, the LUL and the list threads do hold those kind of purposes, but we don't need to go too off topic though. But yeah, it would be nice if general was a bit better, but it'll never really change though. New people constantly signing up and posting there, it'll be about the same. I'm just glad it servers as a buffer to the rest of the forums. :)

Exactly! There are a lot of people there who seem to think they know it all but are obviously ill informed. And i find there are too many comments on Canada that i would find myself fighting, and like i said, i do not come to NG to fight. : )

Yeah. Most of the people in the politics forum are eleventeens who hate Bush and the Republicans for all the wrong reasons, and for no reason IMO. Not to mention not knowing anything about half the stuff they are saying. Now I see why Maus, TheShrike, and Funk are on the green, it's a mad house in there. : X And yes, I do not really like to argue, but I will stick up for myself, or a friend, or some n00b in the C&C to keep them from being flamed to death. [ like earlier today -_- ]

I would agree, though i post minimally in the C&C section. Just two or three threads at most, mostly my thread.

Ah yes, I have seen your club, but not much interest is in me for writing. I keep most of my stuff to myself, and my friends off line. But yes, it is a good forum.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-04-28 17:04:12

At 4/23/05 03:40 AM, Master_Inuyasha wrote: Heh, thanks. :D But at times it does. And yes, the LUL and the list threads do hold those kind of purposes, but we don't need to go too off topic though. But yeah, it would be nice if general was a bit better, but it'll never really change though. New people constantly signing up and posting there, it'll be about the same. I'm just glad it servers as a buffer to the rest of the forums. :)

True, it does have it positives to being around. And you are right, it will never change. It is funny how i said we needed a new thread to chat more freely in so we don't spam the LUL and then RC goes and creates a thread for thatvery reason just recently.

Yeah. Most of the people in the politics forum are eleventeens who hate Bush and the Republicans for all the wrong reasons, and for no reason IMO. Not to mention not knowing anything about half the stuff they are saying. Now I see why Maus, TheShrike, and Funk are on the green, it's a mad house in there. : X And yes, I do not really like to argue, but I will stick up for myself, or a friend, or some n00b in the C&C to keep them from being flamed to death. [ like earlier today -_- ]

It is true. The politics forum is pretty ill informed at most. And of course i will stick up for myself as most would. I have been in a few minor flame wars, but i'd rather steer clear if i could. They are an abundance of ignorance and immaturity at most.

Ah yes, I have seen your club, but not much interest is in me for writing. I keep most of my stuff to myself, and my friends off line. But yes, it is a good forum.

I had no idea that you wrote. One day you should post a little taste in the club, i am interested to see some of your work if you are willing.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-04-30 07:08:50

Just to let everyone know (if they haven't checked their mail, or didn't receive my election mail)....I sent out the voting e-mail to not only the Regulars, but the Members as well. Hopefully, by doing this, we will all get the community together.

So, e-mail is sent...the deadline is May 4th. Please get your votes in by the end of May 4th, and I'll post the results on May 5th...Cinco de Mayo ;-)

Get your Coronas ready. =)

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-04-30 07:36:50

At 4/30/05 07:08 AM, -DaughterOfHades- wrote: So, e-mail is sent...the deadline is May 4th. Please get your votes in by the end of May 4th

I received this junk mail from RedCircle, so I blocked it and deleted it all. No, I voted and look forward to it.

and I'll post the results on May 5th...Cinco de Mayo ;-)

WHFS shall burn and fall!

I'm glad Wi/Ht? Members can vote now. I feel more involved. I'll be sad to see myself ascend from the Regulars list, but it's all good.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-04-30 09:02:20

I like this new method, of having them members vote as well, it should create a more fair outcome. And like you said, it get more people involved in the RVCL.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-04-30 10:29:50

At 4/30/05 07:08 AM, -DaughterOfHades- wrote: So, e-mail is sent...the deadline is May 4th. Please get your votes in by the end of May 4th,

Votes sent :)

and I'll post the results on May 5th...Cinco de Mayo ;-)

Get your Coronas ready. =)

Heh, lots of other stuff happened on May 5th, including the death of Napolean :O

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-04-30 11:51:56

At 4/30/05 07:08 AM, -DaughterOfHades- wrote: Just to let everyone know (if they haven't checked their mail, or didn't receive my election mail)....I sent out the voting e-mail to not only the Regulars, but the Members as well. Hopefully, by doing this, we will all get the community together.

I think this is a great idea. Getting everyone involved. Some of the Members may not vote, who knows, some do not even visit anymore, but I think it gets everyone involved and brings the lists togethor, thus making the regular list represent more of what it was meant to represent. Plus, for potentials like myslef, it makes it more fun to see if you make the list.

Was it gfox who came with this idea? Anyway, great idea!

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-04-30 23:51:56

This is a Very cOol new Tactic for choosing nEw regs and members FOR this foruM. MorE PeopLe voting may lead to better choices.

Uh... Z

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-05-01 03:53:43

At 4/30/05 11:51 PM, Nike_Dunk wrote: This is a Very cOol new Tactic for choosing nEw regs and members FOR this foruM. MorE PeopLe voting may lead to better choices.

Heh, it should be interesting as to which of the Members vote (I know Redrum and geefox have voted already, so it's helping.)

By the way, this month, there will be 3 people voted in, rather than just one (since ShittyKitty and Alkador were removed this month). This will re-populate the list, and I'll probably do this each time we see people become Members.

Also, the removal process will be as follows:

The number of people who vote (rather, who participate) in the Regulars election will determine how many "out-votes" it will take to kick someone off the Regulars List. The formula is this:

(# of people who participate) / 4 = amount of out-votes required to kick someone out.

So, lets say 14 people vote. 14 / 4 = 3.5 (and I round up to 4) out votes required for removal. (I always round up to the nearest whole number)

It will take 1 vote for a person to be removed if 1-4 people participate.
It will take 2 votes for a person to be removed if 5-8 people participate.
It will take 3 votes for a person to be removed if 9-12 people participate.
It will take 4 votes for a person to be removed if 13-16 people participate.
It will take 5 votes for a person to be removed if 17-20 people participate.
It will take 6 votes for a person to be removed if 21-24 people participate.
It will take 7 votes for a person to be removed if 25-28 people participate.

Uh... Z

Everyone wants to find a way to be subliminally crafty yet few realize that it works very well.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-05-01 08:50:32

At 5/1/05 03:53 AM, -DaughterOfHades- wrote:
By the way, this month, there will be 3 people voted in, rather than just one (since ShittyKitty and Alkador were removed this month). This will re-populate the list, and I'll probably do this each time we see people become Members.

Well those are suprising peopel beign voted to me. Well guess I'll have to wait to see the full update.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-05-01 09:06:18

Well. I formatted my computer yesterday (because I felt like it). I also hammered a nail through a gas pipe because there was a loose floorboard in the new kid's room (due mid-end May, male, name undecided), so I can't use the cooker or have a bath. Bloody partner, why did she insist on taking out the (perfectly good) carpet and replacing it with laminated floorboards? I dunno.
Anyway, OverrunII should be finished in a week or two. I may be sending out an email to the regulars for beta-testing before I'm happy to release it on the Portal. I'd REALLY like to get a monthly prize for it (so I can buy a graphics tablet), but the standard of Flash work on the Portal seems to have have improved drastically over the past couple of months

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature