00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Theodoros419 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods

101,263 Views | 1,325 Replies

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-12-04 12:38:06

At 12/4/04 06:58 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Re: Pure being out this month... he wasn't even one of the people getting 1 out vote last month. Why would he suddenly win the "out" battle this month? O_o

Because almost all the votes that weren't for deleated were just joke votes. Except maybe the one for Baron. So I predited that pure would go out next month because he's gotten really inactive, or maybe Baron who's just as inactive. So it's most likely going to be one of them. =D

Also RC, I noted that even you yourself said that some of those people you never see and you were surprised that they got votes. Then why did you even choose to list them as options anyway? They must come here sometime and you must have seen them for them to be qualified for the nomination category. I mean, don't put people on the list if they really don't come here (-error wtf?).

I wanted to see the voting stats, I like seeing total votes, I find them interesting. For the next Wi/Ht Member list I'm going to want to know the vote total even if I wasn't an option. Why? Curiosity. I want to see "who's hot and who's not". =P

Wi/Ht? #28

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-12-04 13:16:46

At 12/4/04 04:18 AM, RedCircle wrote: Heh, so the people (EK and IK) who aren't on the list find the votes more fascinating than the people on it. Interesting.

I wouldn't be interested if nobody voted for me :)

It was related to what I was typing before I typed it. Man, since when do replies have to be rigid little things that SPECIFICALLY relate to the post that came before? We ARE free to wander a bit in our thoughts and thus in our words here on the BBS, aren't we? #;-}>

Nope,you are right, it's not necessary. I just thought that you related it to what I typed even if it didn't make any sense. O_o but it does make sense when it's not related to my text.

Because almost all the votes that weren't for deleated were just joke votes. Except maybe the one for Baron. So I predited that pure would go out next month because he's gotten really inactive, or maybe Baron who's just as inactive. So it's most likely going to be one of them. =D

Baron, Pure and spoutsomething are the inactive users of that list. It's just a matter of time before one of them is voted out the regulars list unless of course they wake up.

Also RC, I noted that even you yourself said that some of those people you never see and you were surprised that they got votes. Then why did you even choose to list them as options anyway? They must come here sometime and you must have seen them for them to be qualified for the nomination category. I mean, don't put people on the list if they really don't come here (-error wtf?).

How lame would it be if the voters only had 3-4 choices? That's not really fair. Everyone that browsed this forum more than once deserves a chance. They did post a few times but it was mostly in the LUL. They aren't regulars but they did contribute in this section of the BBS.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-12-04 15:34:25

At 12/4/04 03:25 PM, BonusStage wrote: hmmm i'd rather you get in before EK does :\, but that is personal preference, and there are still two that should be off the list due to inactivity in this forum :(

I will try to remember that one.

:O

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-12-05 01:43:51

At 12/4/04 04:51 AM, RedCircle wrote: Any of the Regulars have a computer microphone that works?

I don't, but I just signed up with that gmail account you sent me Red (thanks again). Now why don't you ask me that question you were talking about while I change hotmail ** spits ** to my secondary e-mail. No more missed letters!

Levels --- Badges

Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-12-05 04:22:15

At 12/4/04 12:38 PM, Inuzuka-Kiba wrote:
At 12/4/04 06:58 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Re: Pure being out this month... he wasn't even one of the people getting 1 out vote last month. Why would he suddenly win the "out" battle this month? O_o

Ah, good point... I guess you mean that the votes for Yoink, Bonus, and joobie were jokes... and that leaves only one vote for Baron? Well, there ya go.

Still, I would think that therefore... it might be a race between Baron and Pure. But time shall tell, eh? Who knows which of those two guys (if either one) comes back during this month and starts being regular again, eh?

I wanted to see the voting stats, I like seeing total votes, I find them interesting. For the next Wi/Ht Member list I'm going to want to know the vote total even if I wasn't an option. Why? Curiosity. I want to see "who's hot and who's not". =P

Yeah, it's pretty cool to see. Especially for us peops who don't get to take part in the process. It's nice being able to see it... I believe they call it... democratic transparency. #;-}>

At 12/4/04 01:16 PM, EKRegulus wrote:
At 12/4/04 04:18 AM, RedCircle wrote: Heh, so the people (EK and IK) who aren't on the list find the votes more fascinating than the people on it. Interesting.
I wouldn't be interested if nobody voted for me :)

It was related to what I was typing before I typed it. Man, since when do replies have to be rigid little things that SPECIFICALLY relate to the post that came before? We ARE free to wander a bit in our thoughts and thus in our words here on the BBS, aren't we? #;-}>
Nope,you are right, it's not necessary. I just thought that you related it to what I typed even if it didn't make any sense. O_o but it does make sense when it's not related to my text.

Psst... you cut out the "at blah blah, gfoxcook wrote:" part, and thus it looks like RedCircle said that quote right there. O_o

Anyway... Oy. Yeah. Enough said. #;-}>

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-12-05 04:48:23

At 12/5/04 01:43 AM, Recon_Rebel wrote:
At 12/4/04 04:51 AM, RedCircle wrote: Any of the Regulars have a computer microphone that works?
I don't, but I just signed up with that gmail account you sent me Red (thanks again).

Hey, Recon. Not a problem. I saved my last invitation for something special, and it was! Hope you enjoy it!

Now why don't you ask me that question you were talking about while I change hotmail ** spits ** to my secondary e-mail.

I sent you the question. Hope you answer it. That is...if you are allowed to...

No more missed letters!

Heh, hotmail is like having a ½ in your home address...the mailman doesn't know what the hell to do with the letter, so he puts it between some houses...and you never see it again.

At 12/5/04 04:22 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Ah, good point... I guess you mean that the votes for Yoink, Bonus, and joobie were jokes... and that leaves only one vote for Baron? Well, there ya go.

None of the votes were jokes. They all had special comments after them (because I asked the voters to do so) and they were all legit.

Still, I would think that therefore... it might be a race between Baron and Pure. But time shall tell, eh? Who knows which of those two guys (if either one) comes back during this month and starts being regular again, eh?

Well, I have been depositing for Pure for over a month. I don't know when he is coming to regain his account, but I told him I wouldn't deposit for him for more than 3 months. He told me that 3 months was way too long, but eh...we shall see.

Yeah, it's pretty cool to see. Especially for us peops who don't get to take part in the process. It's nice being able to see it... I believe they call it... democratic transparency. #;-}>

Yeah, I don't get to take part in the process anymore. But, I do get to vote in the memberlist, and that ROCKS!!!

Psst... you cut out the "at blah blah, gfoxcook wrote:" part, and thus it looks like RedCircle said that quote right there. O_o

Heh, it made me do a double take. "I didn't say any of that! I swear!" Felt like I was on the stand at some court. Should I say "Your Honor" too? =-)

Anyway... Oy. Yeah. Enough said. #;-}>

...except that I got a massive amount of bp's today!!!

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-12-05 05:15:57

Eh, RC, what's all this about microphones then? You asked yesterday, but haven't referred to it since....

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-12-05 05:33:33

At 12/5/04 05:15 AM, Denvish wrote: Eh, RC, what's all this about microphones then? You asked yesterday, but haven't referred to it since....

Well, I'm trying to do a flash that needs several different voice actors. I don't know who has access to a working microphone in this forum, so I tried to do an all-call in the Members thread, but no-one replied (except for AGH).

It's gonna be a sit-com type show that features different users from this forum (but obviously some scenerio that is fun) and I need to know who has microphones so they can record their voice.

Basically, there will be 5 to 10 characters in the show and each will have their voice-actor's alias from this BBS as their name. I'll have a character called RC, Red, RedCircle or whatever. I'll do the voices, and the character will reflect my personality. I will then ask everyone to do the same.

If you think you would like to participate in it then let me know. I'll be writing the script soon, but I just wanted to know if any of you were able to do it.

Sorry about not elaborating Bob.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-12-05 09:55:09

Well looks like the favourite --Delteated-- got well punted from the list, thats a shame, but he has a life now with Uni and shit just like Jon, so we wont be seeing them in a while.

RC: Do you need a crazy Scotsman in this flash of yours :D

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-12-05 13:35:54

At 12/5/04 04:22 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Ah, good point... I guess you mean that the votes for Yoink, Bonus, and joobie were jokes... and that leaves only one vote for Baron? Well, there ya go.

Yup, deleated was the target last month, pure will probably be the target this month. I just think that people didn't notice that he was inactive. Baron will be the challenger. That's funny, the out battle is more interesting than the "in" fight. O_o

If they ever read that, it will certainly happen.

Indeed, why should it be a secret? :O

Sorry, I cut almost every name in that post and I only noticed it after I posted it. I will try to avoid that in the future.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-12-05 13:41:57

At 12/5/04 09:55 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: Well looks like the favourite --Delteated-- got well punted from the list, thats a shame, but he has a life now with Uni and shit just like Jon, so we wont be seeing them in a while.

O_o I'm on ng and I still live. Really, why people think that internet drains their life. It's just a part of it. Last time I checked, internet was real.

It's true that delteated doesn't post anymore so he probably found something else to do but he had a life when he was on ng.

RC: Do you need a crazy Scotsman in this flash of yours :D

Are you talking about ornery? I'm happy that his topic was locked. Freakin attention whore.

At 12/5/04 08:41 AM, BonusStage wrote: I will try to rememver that two.

Did your memory agree? :P

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-12-05 14:52:47

At 12/4/04 01:20 AM, RedCircle wrote: ______________

OUT:

Alright, now post the people who voted these outvotes.

Im dieing to know >:O

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-12-06 01:09:48

At 12/5/04 02:52 PM, j00bie wrote:
At 12/4/04 01:20 AM, RedCircle wrote: ______________

OUT:

Im dieing to know >:O

Alright. j00bie, you know that was the deal. I was never going to show who actually voted for who. I'm not changing it, and you can't convince me otherwise.

I really don't care if you all talk about who YOU voted for AS LONG AS you don't post the votes of others. I will not post anyone's votes and I'm going to stick by that along with everyone else who feels the same way.

Sorry dude.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-12-06 01:16:40

At 12/6/04 01:09 AM, RedCircle wrote: Alright. j00bie, you know that was the deal. I was never going to show who actually voted for who. I'm not changing it, and you can't convince me otherwise.

indeed, that's how an election works. Whoever organized the election shows the results but NOT who voted for or against someone.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-12-06 09:30:00

At 12/5/04 01:41 PM, EKRegulus wrote:
O_o I'm on ng and I still live. Really, why people think that internet drains their life. It's just a part of it. Last time I checked, internet was real.

Well perhaps i could have put it another way, hes at Uni now, so he has no time for NG.

Are you talking about ornery? I'm happy that his topic was locked. Freakin attention whore.

No i wasnt talking about him, but yes he is an attention whore bastard.

RC, stick by your guns mate, i see no reason that people need to know who voted for them to get put out of the list. That would just lead to smear tactics and revenge stuff.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-12-06 20:26:04

At 12/6/04 09:30 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote:
Well perhaps i could have put it another way, hes at Uni now, so he has no time for NG.

or maybe they are just bored. We might never know.

No i wasnt talking about him, but yes he is an attention whore bastard.

hahahaha

RC, stick by your guns mate, i see no reason that people need to know who voted for them to get put out of the list. That would just lead to smear tactics and revenge stuff.

I completely agree. Telling who voted for who is obviously a bad idea.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-12-06 20:52:30

I have a working microphone and you can put me down as a "maybe." Are you writing the scripts for everyone or will the person VA'ing write his lines, or a little bit of both?

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-12-07 10:25:35

I just want to know RC, whats this gonna involve ? Is it going to be a comedy movie ? Or what, if im in it, just make sure i have a b33r in my hands :) If you need me to VA, then just drop me a mail, and it will be done.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-12-07 15:18:14

Well, well, it's seems I'm in a race I don't even know about. Anyway, I'll be back soon as my comp gets fixed up. I'm posting from my friend Cory's computer at the moment, because my computer is constantly freezing, really slow and my browser is constantly closing without warning(See Wi/Ht Lounge for more).

Anyway, wasn't aware users were being voted out, but I'll try to get back in here more. I can sometimes go on at lunchtime at school, assuming computers are free, and sometimes use my friends computers. So...yeah, I'll still need depositing from Red, if that's alright, but soon I should be back to my old self. I actually tried to go on here on Saturday to get back on my routine, but, well, you know the rest.

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-12-08 02:55:59

At 12/6/04 08:52 PM, MPA wrote: I have a working microphone and you can put me down as a "maybe."

Heh, awesome! Thanks for volunteering MPA.

Are you writing the scripts for everyone or will the person VA'ing write his lines, or a little bit of both?

I'll be writing the script so you don't need to worry about that.

At 12/7/04 10:25 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: I just want to know RC, whats this gonna involve ? Is it going to be a comedy movie ? Or what, if im in it, just make sure i have a b33r in my hands :) If you need me to VA, then just drop me a mail, and it will be done.

Excellent Andy, I appreciate your help. Basically (this, for some reason, is hard to explain...) is going to be a College University type flash. It will have a few episodes and definitely will be a comedy. The characters are going to be you guys. Your character will be named your name. Your character will only use your voice, so it will pretty much be you as your character.

Feel free to e-mail me a few guidelines you want your character to be like (chill, overly-happy, cynical, moody, sex-driven, all-knowing, etc. ...whatever you want).

I'll start writing the script when I know my cast. So far, I have the help of:

FIGMENTUM - MPA - AGH - Slightly_Crazy_Dude - RedCircle

If anyone else wants in, let me know. If I get enough people, then I'll have to break it up into parts, but we will see!

At 12/7/04 03:18 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: Well, well, it's seems I'm in a race I don't even know about. Anyway, I'll be back soon as my comp gets fixed up. I'm posting from my friend Cory's computer at the moment, because my computer is constantly freezing, really slow and my browser is constantly closing without warning(See Wi/Ht Lounge for more).

Well, glad to hear you are back my good man :-D

I have no problem depositing for you as long as you check your mail, and respond to me.

Anyway, wasn't aware users were being voted out, but I'll try to get back in here more.

You would have known if you checked your mail, eh?

Just hope your computer problems get taken care of soon, cause it's nice to see you around ^_^

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-12-08 10:14:04

At 12/8/04 02:55 AM, RedCircle wrote:
Excellent Andy, I appreciate your help. Basically (this, for some reason, is hard to explain...) is going to be a College University type flash. It will have a few episodes and definitely will be a comedy. The characters are going to be you guys. Your character will be named your name. Your character will only use your voice, so it will pretty much be you as your character.

Sounds like fun. Im just wondering how your going to do it. I mean sure were all funny sometimes, but putting that into an animation will be difficult.

Feel free to e-mail me a few guidelines you want your character to be like (chill, overly-happy, cynical, moody, sex-driven, all-knowing, etc. ...whatever you want).

Hmm, ok, i will send you an e-nail pretty soon, i think you know what im gonna say though :)

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-12-08 17:14:21

At 12/8/04 02:55 AM, RedCircle wrote: Well, glad to hear you are back my good man :-D

I have no problem depositing for you as long as you check your mail, and respond to me.

Haha, thanks. In my defense, I have been trying, but Hotmail gives me the same problem as NewGrounds.
Luckily, my mom's friends nephew came down here and did...something...or other with the computer(my computer knowledge only goes so far, heh) and apparently, now the internet browser should be working and so far, so good.

You would have known if you checked your mail, eh?

lol. I'll try to check it in a bit.

Just hope your computer problems get taken care of soon, cause it's nice to see you around ^_^

Thanks, my man, good to be around, and if all goes well, i'll be depositing for myself again. :)

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-12-08 17:29:09

We should never compare ourselves to moderators. They work hard here. We are close to them, but they are always one step ahead of us.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-12-09 01:08:05

At 12/8/04 05:29 PM, mistertbones wrote: We should never compare ourselves to moderators. They work hard here. We are close to them, but they are always one step ahead of us.

Psh...around half the Mods don't even come to NG regularly anymore. The other half, minus a few that maintain lists or are nice people, only screw around and ban and lock. There are only a few Mods that help out enough to be respected. The others are just being feared by people like you...and that makes their egos happy.

Get your head out of the collective ass of the Moderators, and look around.

There are plenty of people who help contribute to the site much more than any Mod has.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-12-09 01:41:00

At 12/9/04 01:08 AM, RedCircle wrote: There are plenty of people who help contribute to the site much more than any Mod has.

Ha! I love your brazen statement Red, more so because it's true. Be prepared for a two page lecture from gfox telling you why you're wrong. Careful though... he might start his "I'll start deleting posts" routine. Kinda reminds me of those clowns doing slapstick comedy in the 1920's.

Levels --- Badges

Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-12-09 03:03:10

At 12/9/04 01:41 AM, Recon_Rebel wrote:
At 12/9/04 01:08 AM, RedCircle wrote: There are plenty of people who help contribute to the site much more than any Mod has.
Ha! I love your brazen statement Red, more so because it's true.

Yes. It's sad, but true...

Be prepared for a two page lecture from gfox telling you why you're wrong.

Oh, he won't because I am right. I made sure to recognize those Mods who do help out. Few and far between, they can be found.

Careful though... he might start his "I'll start deleting posts" routine.

Ha, well, the "I'll start deleting posts" routine was necessary. I wouldn't want to see SK's thread dissapear because some people decided to be disrespectful to the list-maker.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-12-09 03:33:26

At 12/8/04 02:55 AM, RedCircle wrote: Heh, awesome! Thanks for volunteering MPA.

No problem RC, it sounds pretty fun actually.

I'll send you an email in a day or so.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-12-09 06:58:04

Never judge a member by their posts. Judge them for how they really are. Oh, Redcircle, don't taunt anyone.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-12-09 11:03:19

At 12/9/04 01:08 AM, RedCircle wrote: Psh...around half the Mods don't even come to NG regularly anymore. The other half, minus a few that maintain lists or are nice people, only screw around and ban and lock. There are only a few Mods that help out enough to be respected.

Totaly true RC, you hit the nail on the head it think is the saying, nut the ones who do, do a good job, do a dam good job.
Maby they should start getting rid of someof the less active ones, i know the rule is 'once your in your in or good' but maby its time for change?

The others are just being feared by people like you...and that makes their egos happy.

Exactly why i wouldn't ever want to be a mod, alot of them get so much 'false respest' i'll say from useres who don't evan like them but simply kiss their asses because their name is in green.

There are plenty of people who help contribute to the site much more than any Mod has.

Most of which are in this forum.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-12-09 15:52:45

Hey Redcirlce when do you plan your next update?

I have a very good reason for wanting to know.