Reviews for "Beyond Lightspeed"

Even though I liked the game, The hit boxes need work.

I had fun playing this game. The controls are straightforward, and the concept of being able to travel at light-speed is wonderful.

You do know you can't go faster than the speed of light... right?

josh-tamugaia responds:

Errrr... pardon me, my science/scifi knowledge is a bit poor and I can't fork out the time to read wikipedia pages in detail. And I'm not sure of the answer. Physically should be a no, but scifi-wise, I'm not sure. It's just used as a theme for the game. I'm the type of person that sees "No's" as "Not yets". Hyperspace, hyperjump... do those count? :-)

Not bad fun but easy only problem is that sometimes I got hit when I'm pretty sure that it missed me.

josh-tamugaia responds:

Ya, one probable reason is because when everything is too fast optical illusions are created... In future I will work on trying to reduce such instances.

A cockpit view would help in some ways but hinder in others, as you would not be able to see outside your limited view.
I recommend making the ship partially transparent when exceeding the speed of light. I also recommend mouse control capability for longer survival and faster speeds. Currently it is very difficult to reach twice the speed of light or even maintain light-speed.