Reviews for "Pico's School DX"

Same game, new look. Damn it feels good to go back.

Great remake of a Newgrounds Classic!

As a fan of the original game (and early Newgrounds in general), I have to say that you did an excellent job on this throwback. I remember playing this back in the summer of 2000 and enjoying it immensely. It's a pity that so many people on here are unaware of how the site was back then and it had a delightful raw and crude edge to it.

Graphics: Great use of the originator's style, with excellent use of AS3 effects. It may not win beauty pageants, but fuck that shit; something REAL is always better than something "realistic." I think NG ought to take what it learned over the years and apply it to that raw crudeness that was prevalent back in 2000-2003.
Music and sound: Zach, you have done another excellent job on that department. Those cover songs you provided are top notch and quite fitting.
Content: Those looking for a hardcore gaming experience are going to be severely disappointed, but for those wanting something that's good; you've found a winner. It plays just like the Flash 4 original, but with a better shooting engine, faster pace, and the sick humor that NG was once infamous for. However, considering that this is just a remake, it's not very original, but who cares about that when content should be first and foremost.

The Good:
-True to the original
-Better graphics
-Better music
-Better pace
-Good gameplay

The Bad:
-The fact that this is a remake

Overall: Kenney Vleugels, here's a ten for reminding us what NG used to be. (5/5)

Kenney responds:

Thanks for the review and spot on, this is exactly why I made the game. No worries though, the next Pico game is going to be 100% original. I just wanted to have the grips on the original before starting a new game.

cooooooollllllllll

Meh i need help beating second boss but other than that im good at this

I ♥ this game!