Reviews for "Lucky Tower 2"

Goddamn, this game is funny! Anyone who doesn't like a little bit of rage in their games shouldn't play, but the comedy, the voice acting, the absurd ass story is what makes it so worthwhile. I can see the passion put into this game, and so I ask anyone reading this review before playing the game, just play the game please! Give it a chance and have a laugh.

(But to be honest, the horse chase almost made me rage so hard)

Funny and a fun game, a must play. An old school gamer I usually get bored fast if a game can't reel me in. This game had no such trouble, instantly had me in its grasp right from start. Just few in-game problems but game is so much fun I am being partial and overlooking them. Good Job Molkman.

Great game

Ok. It has obviously screwed up. I had the redhead's lock of hair and the mushroom, and I was trying to combine them to produce a fungus comosus for the alchemist, and it told me that "Items will be combined automatically if you have all parts!" Well I figured ok, maybe I need some adhesive to stick the two together, like maybe the honey from the slice of bread. And then when I looked back at my inventory, suddenly I had NO lock of red hair, I still had the boring hairless gray mushroom, but now I had TWO MAPS. So I went back to the cave where the guy was tied up, and though the trolls or whatever they were inside the cave (but not outside of it) were alive again and killed me since I was near death, the tied up guy didn't give up another lock of hair when I hit him again. So screw this. I'm at an impasse I'm sure. Sticking with this game as long as I did, it still effectively crashed, I think. Getting the mushroom was important enough a task for him to write it on his arm so I think there is no path to proceeding in the game now, even if I found whatever was supposed to be used to combine the mushroom with the hair, since I don't have the hair any more and have no means of getting more. Obviously a lot of effort went into this game but it is all for nothing if it is completely ruined by a bug. If that happens, I'm left with a monumental waste of time.

But it doesn't matter. It fails as a game anyway, aside from that. The original was what it was. A great treat of the glorious Halloween 2010. It remains one of the best things to be found on newgrounds. But if you add a whole bunch of complexity to something, and make it drastically more involved in its gameplay and story, that is not necessarily an improvement. And this is a prime example. Its simplicity was a large part of why the first was such a classic. It wasn't a game that took hours and hours and deep deliberation as to what to do next. It was not overly complicated, and the progression from start to end was fairly straightforward, there was no getting lost in that game (though I was stuck at how to kill the flying monster for quite a while, stepping on that button and ducking when he's right next to you). You can't just make a sequel and soup it up and expect that to be better, or anything near as good as the original, because in so doing it will lack everything that made the original great. Kind of like the movie Warlock 2. They souped up the Warlock's powers and gave him an adversary who was also super-powered to try to make it all a fancy powerup and kick it up to the next level, but it sucks as a movie. That's just what comes to mind as a comparison.

Classic :D