Reviews for "Talk Head"

Im loving it, and it made me crack up, but will there be new mouth positions or faces anytime soon, because sometimes the face doesn't look right with K or p. Still, i love it!

TomFulp responds:

It was something we tried to just toss out into the wild and updates aren't likely any time soon.

I love it, but it isn't working for me.

TomFulp responds:

Is the audio playing but the faces aren't animating? Can you PM with details?

So I think I should tell you now that this "review" is really just a vessel for a question. But, as a man of my word, I'll review your "game" anyway. Essentially, it's a cute diversion that really belongs in the App Store. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean it's bad, it just means your "game" is shallow. Now before you start yelling at me, saying "It clearly says in the description that this isn't a legit game. What the fuck do you want from me?" I'm going to say this: just because it's a cute diversion doesn't mean it has to be shallow. The reason I say it's shallow is because it lacks. No heads, mind, I'm fine with the two or three you have. My problem lies within the fact that there isn't a wide enough range of emotion sprites, eyes OR mouth. Sure, this isn't a big problem, in and of itself, the problem lies within this tools potential use. If this is a tool for what I think it is, then you should keep this review here in mind while continuing your work.

Onto my question: Does this have anything to with the presumed dead BattleBlock Theatre? Oh, I know that it's still in the works, and I'm not saying that you don't have other things to do; but if this IS a tool for BattleBlock Theatre, then it means that you guys at The Behemoth are a hell of a lot farther ahead on the project than you're letting on. And that's a good thing.

Anyway, I think it's important for you guys to know that the Talk Head tool should be put on the App Store, and more importantly that you should definitely improve this; if only a tiny bit.

I'm going to lie down now. I just ran a 5k, and I only just took my Zoloft after a two day break. Needless to say, my head is spinning like all hell.

TomFulp responds:

It's not a tool for BattleBlock Theater, it's actually for a game that is a few years ago, where BBT is getting very close.

For the console game it can acconmodate custom expressions for specific characters that need them. As a web app, we've tried to keep moving on with everything else so there likely won't be new expressions or faces any time soon. :(

What an innovative tool! And for others, a great toy.

This is an extremely fun "gadget" to play with, or to practice lip syncing, Great Job.

Thanks!