Reviews for "SCGMD4"

holy crap i got platnem on my first try

It pains me to give a 3 out of 5 stars to a game like this one, but I think it`s necessary.

The idea is brilliant, and the way you presented this concept is extremely entertaining. You planned this game very well. Whoever starts playing won`t stop so soon. The chievos, the bosses, the new guitars, the graphics, the songs...

Bosses battles were an amazing idea to add to the action. And since there are chievos for playing the game for 3 hours, they made a very practical way of keeping things interesting - it was like pouring nutella on good candy bar.

I also like the animations on the lower side of the screen. They can be distracting at first, but it just made the challenge more interesting in the end. The new guitars redesigning the track is also very fun.

All perfect, this is great...

Or "should" be great. Considering a game with this level of quality (graphics, songs and general idea), the least we would expect is outstanding commands control and frame rate (I know it`s not lag on my PC, the frame rate is actually pretty terrible dude).

I don`t want to be rude or anything here, but you forgot that people must be able to play the game. In addition to the frame rate, I experienced many notes that didn`t match the song (some were too fast, others too slow). In gameplay aspects, SCGMD3 is way better than this one. I don't quite know how to describe those problems in technical terms, but I'm sure you can get what I'm talking about.

If you guys were able to mix up these ideas, graphics and design with the gameplay you have on SCGMD3 (even better, try to improve that even more) this would be a total 5/5 and probably one of the most fun, creative and entertaining games here on NewGrounds.

I hope you find this useful somehow.

Keep up the good work!

I love this game it has boss battles and free download!!!!

Having been a fan of the SCGMD since 2, I'd say this one has the best songs by far. Large number of unlockables keeps me interested, and this game does a good job with song difficulty. Some of the bosses weren't a challenge at all and I just played the song normally without even worrying about them. The Time Boss, the Brothers, and the pirate boss were exceptions.

However the biggest problem in this game was the playability. Not only was the frame rate significantly lower than the other games in the series, but the notes would occasionally stutter and skip ahead. Mashing keys during boss battles would make me miss notes automatically (playing the chart with right hand, mashing ASDF with left), and neither chrome or firefox would let me hit three directional keys at the same time (on momentum i think).

And I'm guessing that it was because of the slowdown that it felt like the chart notes would sporadically come slightly ahead of the actual music. I'm guessing these problems would be fixed in the downloaded version, but I have a Mac so I can't test it out.

How to beat Teh Broders
1. The song is SWiTCH vs Evil-Dog round 3
2. Oldschool means lefty flip
3. Newschool means you must guess the notes
4. Phusion means you must play lefty flip and guess the notes
and 5. Remember the notes.