Reviews for "The Insanity 2"

wow :D

wow dude I absolutely love the insanity series *fingers crossed for a part 3* ur very talented at photoshop *envy lol* but keep up the good work and I love the plot u decided to use for game choice *high fives* anyways awesome work :)

Jesus Harold Christ, where can i BEGIN?!

Okay, man, this game has some of the most TERRIFYING pictures ever seen, the monsters are really well designed as well this is probably one of the best survival horror games i played in a long time, you have to be pretty nimble to beat this game without dying in your first time, however, i do have some questions.

1. How did the project K manage to capture Peter, without being noticed, and the cops being called on him?
2. Where was Langdon killed?
3. Is the Alexander from this game the same as the first one, if so that means he never escaped or got recaptured.
4. How do you design these pictures man? They are some of the most BIZARRE pictures ive seen in a long time
5. After all, is Peter dead or just horribly mutilated?
6. Is the SPECTER the ghost like creature?
7. What creature is CTHULHU?
8. Is the SHIMMER the creature in the sewer?
9. Is SARCOSUS the creature you kill with acid?
10. Are there two CHIMERAS in the building?
11. How did Lars and Jack get into the building?
12. Was the creature feeding on Lars the CHIMERA?

Anyways, thanks for making such a great game, i have my hopes up for Insanity 3 good luck with that!

EvilKris responds:

OK, hope you come back to read these answers.
Friendly sneaked Project K in there. They went by car. It was late at night, around 5am, so the chances of being caught were pretty slim. Friendly did some investigative work to find out Peter's hidden address and got a key made. Project K is a giant but quite stealthy and quiet.

2. Where was Langdon killed?
He's not dead, but I know what you mean. In the house featured in INSANITY 1, ie the place Friendly flees to after this prequel game.

Yes it's the same guy, the rat-man. He never escaped, he was too weak from his ordeal and was taken along with the other vivisects to the new location. Poor guy :-)

I picture the type of monster or scene that I want in my imagination, gather images from various sources and use Photoshop overlaying and blend modes to 'sculpt' the pictures to the desired image. I used references from great horror painters like Giger and Ian Miller a lot and I do think quite carefully about the anatomics of the creatures; how they'd breath etc,and that helps with design. Thanks for the compliment!

5. After all, is Peter dead or just horribly mutilated?
Not dead, at the end there you see him bang in the process of becoming a vivisect.
6. Is the SPECTER the ghost like creature?
7. What creature is CTHULHU?
He's the octopus-like (Davy Jones lol) creature you encounter that comes through the window.
8. Is the SHIMMER the creature in the sewer?
9. Is SARCOSUS the creature you kill with acid?
10. Are there two CHIMERAS in the building?
No that's the same one. He escapes your first trap.
11. How did Lars and Jack get into the building?
They sneaked in through the same window Peter does, only they were there weeks earlier and vanished.
12. Was the creature feeding on Lars the CHIMERA?
Haha, no it was all of them actually. Some good feedin'

Anyways, thanks for making such a great game, i have my hopes up for Insanity 3.
-OK, I'll be starting work on it within the next few months so keep an eye on my blog for updates.

not that great

I hate timed puzzles in general, but the ones in this game are even worse than the average. You don't give instructions, fine, it's not very hard to figure out anyway, but you should give time to think, or at least to read what the character says! Becouse most times I was dead before I could even read it!
(It's true that you don't get instructions or extra time IRL, but IRL you have all your senses and know what you can do and what you can't, wheras in a game you only have your sight and hearing and even they are restricted, and you don't know what will do something when you click on it! Also a game is meant to be won, so it mustn't be as hard and as unfair as real life is!)
The dialog boxes are also very bad: the text goes very fast, so it's very hard to follow, and if you fall behind with the reading you have to wait until the whole dialoge is over to be able to go back to the begining! It should go slower and should be always scrollable. It's not very player-friendly either that one click scrolls only one line in the box. Also the game should always remain paused until you click to end conversation. It was a hit below the belt when that Tikaki (or whatever her name is) attacked at the very moment the last line of the dialoge appeared! I was still reading many lines above wasn't expecting a charge at all. And as I mentioned before it was absolutely unfair that she reached and killed me in 2-3 seconds! That time is too short even if one knows what to do. To get past her I had to attack her during the conversation.
The aforementioned things were just mildly annoying however compared to the minigame where you must escape frome the old vivisect. You really should exclude these minigames from your games, they suck! In The Insanity there was "The Machine", wich annoyed the fuck out of everyone, now there is this, wich is even worse, becouse The Machine at least made some sense. But this running is just plain stupid, and hard as hell. I've got a double-click button on my mouse and I clicked it like a madman and I still lost. And what were you thinking anyway when you decided to put a button-mashing minigame in? Mashing a button is not fun and never was, however it kills your mouse/keyboard and makes your fingers hurt!
One more thing: screamers (a suddenly appearing scary face with a loud scream) are VERY old! They aren't scary anymore, instead they are boring and anoying. You should come out with something more original in place of them next time. For example with a third person view animation of the monster attacking the protagonist.

EvilKris responds:

Wow, give something for free and people will still complain like they actually paid for it.
Hey, don't like the game? Don't play it.

Great!

But what if you could choose the difficulty for the minigame difficulty? Because at when you have to click fast I suck at that, but my friend is awesome. Just a suggestion.

Excellent!

Loved the atmosphere and creepy music. The story rivals that of many horror movie franchises. Would be a big seller if made into a movie. Very well done.

Also, will there be a Insanity 3? Just curious. Love these type of flash games.

EvilKris responds:

For sure they'll be a third and closing part for the franchise. The story is not set in stone as of yet but the fixed details so far are as follows:
1.Nathan Langon (P.Langdon's brother) IS the main character - a malicious, bent, drunk ex-policeman. He's no goody two-shoes. His tale will coincide with the first part of the series.
2.It will be more adventure based. Check out the game 'It Came from The Desert' on YouTube for inspiration. Map based, with several locations you can visit.
3.They'll be action sequences, QTE style and shooting guns etc.
4.The story will take place in the small fictional village of Weasel Marsh. Edgar Friendly's birthplace.
5.The story features 'intelligent vivisects'- they look like humans, until....well you'll see.
However, work won't begin on it until probably the latter part of next year.
Don't get me wrong I'd love to start on it immediately but unfortunately the games haven't been much of a cashcow for myself and the other team members (too niche) so I'm putting off doing the third one while I rip out a couple of quick'n'satisfying mini-flash games that'll (fingers crossed) will afford us the finances to work on a next part- knowing full well it won't make a damn cent *lol*
Anyway, your support is much appreciated. Thanks.