Reviews for "Awaken the Air"

Savage, if you don't appreciate rave...

Get your freaking butt out of this place, because you do not know what you're talking about. This is GREAT. Only a few things to say about this one. First of all, your main instrument isn't very strong or loud. Also, extremely repetitive. I have enough love for rave to keep listening, but some don't. Nevertheless, this is an awesome song, and I hope your song gets chosen!

P.S. If you're entering it in a game, you may want to make it a much shorter loop. If a lot of people post songs on there and one is 4 minutes long and as repetitive as yours, it may just get pushed aside.

OpenLight responds:

Thanks for the review!

I've seen longer songs be submitted for this kind of game before, so I'm hoping this one would work haha.

VERY good concept. love the bass

id tighten up the mix on the bass. just a BIT. cus its really good.
lower the volume on the cymbals a bit, mix them higher, they stand out more than the kick! D:
maybe add a snare and some drum variation?
love your synth melodies. love the little rift thingy@ 2:32
eq the synths to higher freqs, like 9k. assuming youre using fl, look up parameter 2 tutorials to mix a bit better. the song is a little rough mixing wise, but structure and all is good. sorry im kinda a rough critic.
5/5 8/10

OpenLight responds:

Thanks! I'll look into that stuff probably.

This was mainly just a test song. Hopefully I'll do better next time if I do this style again.

hmmm

ill give you a four though! this just hurts me ears. but it seems like an effort worty of a four for sure.