Reviews for "Awaken the Air"

Freakin Awesome

Dude hands down one of the best songs ive heard from you. Freakin Sweet keep it up!!!

OpenLight responds:

Thanks! I really appreciate this review, and I'll try to make stuff of the same style in the future!

Really hyped up

This has a very hyped up feeling. Could see it being used in an action or boss stage actually. The synth and overloaded bass 'n' drums make this a very loud and clear song for one thing. AWESOME. Really would go nice in that game as well possibly. The second synth has a nice up feeling to it as well.

The overall flow seems to be uplifting and almost something for people to rave to as well from the way it feels. I could see myself just kind of waving my hands in the air and breaking it down as this truly great song is placed. Really enjoying the flow of this tune though.

Would love to hear more from you in the future. Great job on this piece of work.

OpenLight responds:

Thanks! I'm not sure why this is rated so poorly haha but I don't guess I mind, especially since this review was good.

Thanks again! I'm psyched that you liked it!

This is delicious!

I love this song dude. You definitely took your style to an all new height with this. Now I have to think of something new to keep up with you.

Seriously, this is incredible.

OpenLight responds:

Thanks! It's getting negative votes but all of my good songs do, haha.

Yeah your stuff is still better. I wouldn't try too hard to "keep up" since you're already ahead.

It's sweet

10/10 5/5

I liked it a lot. I also want to know what you're using for your sounds, cause I've been looking for the noise/bass sound you have and the melody synth sound since I got FL Studios XD. Pro shit man, this is the kind of music I'd listen to at the club I occasionally visit, Necto. Which apparently plays local stuff, so if you give me permission when I eventually go back there I'll take this on a CD and give it to the DJ to see if he'll play it. However, I need your permission obviously. Also, you'd obviously be the one getting the credit. So PM if you want me too.

Now the actually critique from a musician not a raver XD.

Heavily industrial, in the beginning. Though it is slow to start, however, with the genre in mind, I didn't really mind. Though it is good to have stereo seperation, I think the cymbal starting at 27 seconds and continuing there on out should be centralized. I only noticed this when I put some headphones on. It's a relatively loud sound and it's rather distracting when it's only in one ear. Also, if I'm hearing things. Another idea for that, is that if you made it alternate ears, that would be sweet. Other then that mastering was great as far as I could tell. Though I think that doing the occasional alternating ear thing would be cool in this song, to just some more variety. At about 3 minutes the noise bass thing gets a little repetitious though, nothing to major since this is a dancing song. The part starting at 3:25 is a little weird. Not in a terrible way, but I feel like the higher part needs to be backed off a tiny bit. The ending is good though, a nice repeat of the noise bass intro. Can't remember the techincal term but it's good.

So I listened to it 3 to 4 times, so that means something. I really like it, just some of those little things. Though, since this is your song, you have every right to ignore me, since I stand by the fact that what I post is opinion not facts. However, keep up the good work, I really liked this song. It's, like I said, Pro shit.

Haha thanks!

Everything you said, I agree with. I would centralize the hihat but I thought it would sound better than it did haha. Ah well, at least it isn't melody.

Those parts that sounded weird are just kinda how I do stuff haha. That is, if I know what you mean. I have a weird style.

And the noise bass I agree with, and I wish I would have used it less haha.

Anyway, thanks!

Awesome

Awesome song, good work. I definitely hope this get chosen for BBT, i'd love to have this looping while playing the game, cause i've already looped it 4 times just listening to it now.

OpenLight responds:

Hahaha that's a great compliment! I also hope it gets picked. I plan on getting BBT regardless, but t'd be so cool to have my song in a Behemoth game.