Reviews for "Once More - F-777"

Aptly named

I keep telling myself, "once more" and ive listened to this more than ten times now.

I has an addiction.

This song is just AWESOME!!
I can't say a word...
Cuz this is just GREAT!!

Very Envy-ish! Good Job!

This is actually really good! Awesome buildups and a VERY epic climax! I think you did really good here, but some suggestions:

-Raise the volume of the kicks in the climax, they weren't loud enough. Maybe do some sidechaining on the overpowering instrument, I don't know. Just make 'teh kicks moar awsum'.

-The transition at 1:50 was all too sudden, random and just not very smooth. I think you could make that a little more sexy.

-Although you made very good use of different instruments, I think you used just a little too many. Usually we as reviewers complain for too little variation, this time I'm gonna complain for too much variation. The song didn't really sound as one whole.

-The climaxes could be longer. The buildups are really long, which is horrible to 'dance' on. The climaxes were actually very short compared to the buildups.

-There also were a lot of different buildups. Drum rolls, sirens, etc. They're very good for building up tension, but don't over-use them.

Overall, VERY good song, gratz. =] I'm gonna rate 9/10 for those little things I wrote, and 5/5! Download.

F-777 responds:

Long review...im so happy right now.

- First off THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE REVIEW!!! =).

- I did sidechain and the kick is fairly loud on all 3 sets of speakers i have here
hmmm...ye loud on my headphones too. I guess maybe you like much louder and
i do too but i didn't want it too loud for this song =). Just the feeling i was going for.

- Longer climaxes? I can't win! Haha sometimes people complain my climaxes are
too long i guess it really depends on the buildups. Yes your right they are quite short
compared to the buildups. Maybe ill make another Dance Version =).
-----------------
Thanks so much for the review!!

Omg

This is a happy song.I like it,there was SOME (like 1 or 2/3) parts that wasent funky enough,lol.Anyway,like the song,really cool by the way.Also,i like the beat and the catch up.Well,this ain't the best song in the world,but to me,it's one of the best i ever heard in my life.I put in a 9 for the reason of the parts that wernt 'dancing'.The into is nice,you start in a cool refreshing intro (like theres smoke in a band when the band starts playing their music.

Overall,i should rate this a 10,but due to the 'not dancing enough' parts frowned me,overall this is a good song,and i like it.Really balanced,make more of this,you'll get the hang of it.Well,hope this review is good! =)

~Avascar,The Game Maker

...Continued Review.

Here's the continued review from the review I made on Supersteph54. As I was saying...

The intro to the song is very good, and I said before, the buildup was awesome, and started the song up perfectly, plus the great sounding sound effect just added to the awesomeness. As for the ending, well, it was really weird. Usually Dance songs end with a boom or something, but this sort of ended leaving the listener saying 'Hmm, that's it?'. Try and end it with something a little more action-packed, and the last note having a reverbed kick and crash to signify the ending. Right now it ended on a weird note, and was slightly abrupt. You can loop it if you want, but that would mean changing the intro, and usually Dance songs aren't loops anyway :P.

The drums are awesome. I definitely can't find anything wrong with them. The variety of beats was amazing, and I liked that you used a crash in some parts of the song. I also enjoyed the fact that your drum beats were sometimes soft (1:51) and sometimes action-packed and dance-ish (2:32), and also that there were some parts where there were no drums playing at all, which was cool. Another good thing was that the variety of the drums was decent too, the beats were well done and the drum rolls were excellent. Maybe you could make your kick a slight bit harder, since it sounds a little weak right now. Layer it with a few other kicks or something ^^.

It's a really awesome dance song, and I enjoyed it a lot. It's enough to get anyone to get off their seat and start dancing most of the time. What this song has are three main problems. Generic melodies, weird ending and too many calm parts, and those two are what moved the score down to a 9. Still, I downloaded the song, and although it may not be one of your best, it's still great. It's an awesome NG song, but just not really an awesome F-777 song if you get what I mean ;). Whatever, keep up the good work, and sorry for the huge review(s). I hope I'm allowed to use two accounts :S. Anyway, keep up the great work!
9/10